April 27, 2024, 03:43:06 PM

Author Topic: New Year Message.  (Read 1950 times)

truetrini

New Year Message.
« on: December 31, 2005, 07:04:33 PM »
Dear forumites, visitors and posters,

Isn’t wonderful to be ah trini?  Trinidad and Tobago is such a sweet place, our people love the joie de vivre, our women are of unparalleled beauty.  Our nation is blessed with natural resources and is considered paradise by most.  Inventive people, land of the steel band, calypso, soca and limbo.  Who can dispute that we have de best limes in sweet La Trinity?  Anyone who ever make ah cook by de Caura River, lime down Las Cuevas, Maracas or Toco can attest to the wonders of ah good trini lime.  Visitors are amazed at our affable nature and welcoming disposition, and in Trinidad we never deign to spoil ah perfectly good curry by adding yogurt to it…ent Palos?

We have doubles, crab and callaloo, pelau, we stew chicken is de best in de world, our carnival is unmatched and the biggest bachannal in the world. Tobago has Bucco Reef, and the reputation as being Robinson Crusoe’s Isle.  In sports we have Haseley Crawford, Ato Boldon,  Brian Lara, Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy, Dwight Yorke, Claude Noel, Leslie Tiger Stewart and George Bovell. 

Janelle Penny Commissiong, Wendy FitzWilliams, and Giselle La Ronde showed the entire world how beautiful and desirable our women are.  Hurricanes barrel menacingly towards our twin island republic only to veer away before striking our blessed shores, prompting many to proclaim that “God is ah trini.”

But there is also something sinister happening in Trinidad and Tobago.  Murders, kidnapping, bandits and gangs are holding entire communities in terror.  Impotent governance, lack of accountability, and a laissez faire attitude threaten to destroy the very things we trinis hold so dear.   While the country’s coffers are overflowing with bounty from oil and natural gas sales, unemployment is high, schools are in dire straits and the nation’s hospitals and health clinics need emergency treatment to resuscitate them.

As this is going on, the hapless government buys more anti-crime materiel and puts it on display.  The effect this pappy show has on crime?  None.  Laws remain ineffective in dealing with crime as the police are stymied and call for the public’s help in solving/combating crime.  The public has a failing confidence in the police’s ability to solve crime and the crooks are emboldened by this lack of leadership and vision.  No amount of Blimps, attack helicopters, or radar equipment can solve crime.

The Government continues to invest heavily in what can be termed “white elephants” while the Ship of State flounders in a dangerous storm of apathy, corruption, and antiquated laws and systems.  Schools are nests of violence, crime and drugs.  No longer institutes of learning and knowledge, schools have become prey to gangs and hip-hop culture.   Teachers are frequently absent and many have no degrees.  The education Minister was appointed through the spoils system and has no qualifications for the job.  Many citizens are seeking refuge abroad and many ex-pats are refusing to return home because of escalating crime and incidences of kidnapping.  Rumors are abounding concerning the possible police collusion in the spate of kidnappings and murders are rarely solved by the police.
The Jamaat Al Muslimeen continues to be a thorn in the side of the authorities in Trinidad.  They have been accused of illegal mining and quarrying activities on State lands, with reports stating that they have made many millions of dollars from their illegal digging.  The Government stated recently that they were powerless to act because there were no laws on the books in the Nation to deal with illegal quarrying.  Many bandits and murderers have links to the Jamaat, but the Mucurapo Road based institution appears beyond the reach of the T&T justice system.  These same people attempted the infamous coup in June 1990, when many were killed and millions of dollars worth of personal and State property destroyed.  It appears that successive governments have pandered to these people who act as if they are above the law. 

In an attempt to gain political favor from the people, the Government hands out work in the form of the corrupt and gang run CPEP much like the Caesars of Ancient Rome did.  This adds to the morass and corruption that plagues the country at this time.   No longer is honest work the standard for accomplishment and gain in T&T. for many, who see life through the eyes of common crooks and bandits.  Why work when you can simply mug?

Where are our leaders?  Do we have any leaders?  Where is the voice of the Church?  Who is going to lead by example?  More jails, the death penalty, and more police cannot be the solution.  In fact these things are reactions to the increase in the brutality and crime in the nation.  We do not need leaders who react, we need leaders with the vision to implement the “one ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure thinking.”   We need leaders with the testicular fortitude to speak the truth and to implement programs even if these programs are not popular.  Our leaders need to step up in 2006 and ensure that the ship of state is on an even keel.  They must deliver on the promise of doing all that they can do to serve Trinidad and Tobago.

Then we can mean what we say when we proclaim that Trinidad and Tobago is ah paradise.

Truetrini
12/31/2005

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Year Message.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 07:41:39 PM »
leh meh guess..ah lil birdie tell you all dat too?.. all the best to you Mr. PNM and family for 2006. ah just bun meh 15in black and white TV watching ah local (filmed in pinos) .. len meh one ah dem 15 dlp ones you have nah?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 07:44:08 PM »
leh meh guess..ah lil birdie tell you all dat too?.. all the best to you Mr. PNM and family for 2006. ah just bun meh 15in black and white TV watching ah local (filmed in pinos) .. len meh one ah dem 15 dlp ones you have nah?

Yuh miserable eh?  Lef "piece" alone nah... By de way "P"...ah could do wit one a dem dlp's too....;D ;D ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 07:48:03 PM »
allyuh need to ask RF fuh DLP..I have Plasma.

Happy New Year fellas.

Palos yuh going out..and Jumbie yuh partying too?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 07:57:17 PM »

Happy New Year fellas.

Nah...jes limin home.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 07:59:38 PM »
Not very often we see eye to eye Truetrini, but I agree whole heartedly on this one.

Truth be told Manning eh leaving a good legacy and to make matters worse if elections were to be called tomorrow he would win again because the UNC in shambles.

I wish a good leader would step out of the ashes like a Pheonix and take the role of PM but again wishfull thinking.

Ms que un club.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 08:00:03 PM »

Happy New Year fellas.

Nah...jes limin home.

nah.. no partying for me..ah have to be on good behaviour to get permission to go germany

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 09:44:47 AM »
Luckily I eh need permission. My wife say ah know is a lifelong dream of yours to see T&T play in a WC, so we going and enjoy yourself... Now all ah waiting on is a ticket...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 04:22:17 PM »
Thanks pardna.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2006, 06:21:24 PM »
im impressed, very good read tt, have a blessed new year, 2 u and ur family

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2006, 08:07:38 PM »
well said master chief :applause:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline ballfever

• Jr. Warrior
  • Dream d'dream, live d'game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 04:01:56 PM »
Not very often we see eye to eye Truetrini, but I agree whole heartedly on this one.

Truth be told Manning eh leaving a good legacy and to make matters worse if elections were to be called tomorrow he would win again because the UNC in shambles.

I wish a good leader would step out of the ashes like a Pheonix and take the role of PM but again wishfull thinking.

politicians role - to f*ck wid d population, geh wah dey want for deyself, den try to get ah nex 5 years to do d same ting again....

d population role - to complain about any an everyting under d sun thru editorials, death marches, radio programmes durin d day, an fete dey ass away in d nite....

leaders with balls - currently living among d population, few and far between. want to effect change but even they know that to do so, they have to come together under some sort of banner...dah is just d way ah d world, unless yuh is a fidel castro....

banner = party = politics = politicians, whose role is..........

It will only end when we as citizens learn to stop complaining and begin to hold our elected representatives responsible for the good, the bad and the ugly in our society. I'm not talking about any particular party in the corridors of power, but any and everyone who offers themselves for public office must know that the general population demands leadership characterised by accountability, justice for all, spinal, abdominal and testicular fortitude (back,belly and balls!) and above all, a sense of fair play. WE need to realise that WE have the power in our hands as citizens, whether resident here or abroad, as WE love these two islands no matter where we roam. It's like having the TV remote in OUR hand with OUR collective thumb hovering over the POWER button.....nothing happens unless WE press the button!

Happy New Year to all true,TRUE trinis. Is 2006 the year when WE press the button?
if yuh check mih heart in mih chest, mix up wit d'red blood, it have a black & white stripe somewhere in dey!.....long b4 foot ball,durin' world cup and after..T&T FOREVER! WE COUNTRY, WE SPIRIT,WE VIBES! WARRIOR NATION!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 04:29:58 PM »

politicians role - to f*ck wid d population, geh wah dey want for deyself, den try to get ah nex 5 years to do d same ting again....

d population role - to complain about any an everyting under d sun thru editorials, death marches, radio programmes durin d day, an fete dey ass away in d nite....

leaders with balls - currently living among d population, few and far between. want to effect change but even they know that to do so, they have to come together under some sort of banner...dah is just d way ah d world, unless yuh is a fidel castro....

banner = party = politics = politicians, whose role is..........

It will only end when we as citizens learn to stop complaining and begin to hold our elected representatives responsible for the good, the bad and the ugly in our society. I'm not talking about any particular party in the corridors of power, but any and everyone who offers themselves for public office must know that the general population demands leadership characterised by accountability, justice for all, spinal, abdominal and testicular fortitude (back,belly and balls!) and above all, a sense of fair play. WE need to realise that WE have the power in our hands as citizens, whether resident here or abroad, as WE love these two islands no matter where we roam. It's like having the TV remote in OUR hand with OUR collective thumb hovering over the POWER button.....nothing happens unless WE press the button!

Happy New Year to all true,TRUE trinis. Is 2006 the year when WE press the button?
:applause: It seems to me that in Trini we don't hold our politicans accountable for anything therefore they act with impunity. I think the general populace believes that they are at the mercies of the politicians and are helpless to do anything except once every five years. Just my observation.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>