April 25, 2024, 03:36:40 AM

Author Topic: Hughes questions merit of Yorke  (Read 5900 times)

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hughes questions merit of Yorke
« on: December 31, 2005, 02:29:06 PM »
Falkirk manager John Hughes has yet to be convinced that recruiting Dwight Yorke would benefit his side.
Bairns midfielder Russell Latapy has talked with his Trinidad and Tobago colleague about coming at the end of the Australian season in February.

But Hughes said: "It would be great for the fans, but I am not sure if it would be right for Falkirk Football Club.

"We have plenty of options up front and plenty of cover there, while it is at the back where we have problems."

Former Manchester United, Aston Villa and Blackburn Rovers striker Yorke is presently with Sydney FC in the Hyundai A-League.

He is looking for ways of keeping match fit as he and close friend Latapy prepare for their country's debut at the World Cup finals in the summer.   Sitting idle is not an option for him

Sydney FC chairman Walter Bugno

But Hughes treats with trepidation the prospect of managing both veterans, who have a reputation as party animals.

"I don't think I could handle Yorke and Latapy together," he joked.

"We need to take our business seriously here."

Latapy, though, has spoken to Yorke about the prospect of playing the latter part of the season with Falkirk and claims that his friend is keen on the idea.

"I've known Dwight for a long time and we've played together for the national side many times," he told The Sun.

"It's always been an ambition of mine to play in the same club side as him and this would be the perfect opportunity."

The 34-year-old has been an integral part of Sydney's team, currently second in the Australian competition's inaugural season, after enduring a tough time with Birmingham City.

No approach to loan Yorke has been made.

And Sydney chairman Walter Bugno told Australia's Daily Telegraph: "Any deal would need to be concluded before January's transfer window closes, but we want to make sure Dwight goes to Germany in the best possible condition.

"Sitting idle is not an option for him.

"But there has been no approach from Falkirk to date, or anybody else for that matter."

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Hughes questions merit of Yorke
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 02:31:15 PM »
hughes yuh stupid or what

like yuh aint see de man play in japan

stupesssssssssssss
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 02:39:55 PM »
The man thinking about his club long term.

After Yorke gone in six months time is them players who he leave out that he have to fall back on.

Maybe he does not want to upset his team for a move that would benefit Yorke more than anybody else.

I just glad the man take on Theobald. Right now all I want is for bleeder to get a regular sweat.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 02:42:21 PM »
He not dat far off...Yorke would add to their midfield but if Hughes thinks that that area is fine then Latas as assistant coach have to really make a good case. Hughes not on d same charity for Yorke as d Austrailian team.

As far as their reputations for feteing, well is up to dem two to prove Hughes wrong. I ent think dey go overdo it with d WC around d corner and with Falkirk being Latas bread and butter but their reputations precede them.

I would like to see Yorke play in Scotland and school dem boys up there. Dem commentators go hadda get accostomed to saying tings like "Yorke, to Latapy, back to Yorke and he slots it..."

It go also be easier for we boys in Britain to get together and we have 2 integral players on our side playing and training together everyday and influencing Bleeder. Goes a long way for motivation also.

If it doh happen then at least he could train with Austrailia.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 03:20:04 PM »
yeah it is amaseing tat hey still look at them as the people they used to be. but i think yorkie will be a good addition to the team but not sure if coaches will want to take up teh lauggage that comes with them to fellas.
All American

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 03:52:35 PM »
I think JDB hit the nail on the head. In many ways, it similar to the Zamorra/ JLloyd debate. Except there would be absolutely no speculation about Yorkie's motives...Yorke would definitely be USING Falkirk for his personal WC ambition. Frankly, I would love for Yorke, Latas and Theobald to be running together in the Scottish First Division...but I could see where the Falkirk manager will have his trepidation. He has to think of the chemistry in his team and its long term future. Hopefull something will open up for Yorkie real soon

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 04:09:16 PM »
Dred i love yorke but he eh look good in Japan atall.
D man look slow and was tryin to dribble an gettin jam, and sometimes just passing the ball to the opposition
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Maradona7

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 04:18:38 PM »
D man look slow and was tryin to dribble an gettin jam, and sometimes just passing the ball to the opposition

:rotfl: :rotfl: just passing the ball to the opposition!

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 04:26:10 PM »

Yuh TV didnt have an attenae or what?  Yorke was reportedly the man of the match and a cut above the field..by all reports

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 04:31:34 PM »
Horse i watch dat game from beginning to end and it hurt me to watch it
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 05:52:26 PM »

Yorke played OK against the Egyptians (I didn't see the game against Saprissa). At the end of the day...the man is not a top class midfielder.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2006, 05:59:28 PM »
i thought yorke looked top class in both games

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 06:53:37 PM »
nah i thought he was overlooking Yorke horribly. I quite sure alot of better clubs can use Yorke's skill.

Im certain that Sydney is better than Falkirk at that.

It would be nice but that manager needs to do some homework.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 07:37:51 PM »

I watched the first match they lost to Saprissa and Yorke was by far the best player on both teams. He was not only the hardest working but also the only man playing with any real balls.

I did not see the whole of the next match but I saw the highlights and he scored the first goal heading in a free kick.

Marcos yuh either being very unfair to the skipper or we just have to agree to disagree.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 08:02:04 PM »
yorkie is a class player, but not a class midfielder. picture players llike nedved, ballack, vieira, deco and co. and you will realize that playing Yorke in midfield is a stop-gap. In a good side, i feel he still could do the business and would be most comfortable up top or just behind the main striker. But for now his experience is being best used to hold the ball in the middle and distribute in teams where the midfield lacking. He look real decent at times for Sydney, and his fitness is really top class...de man was biting....but he eh walking on no decent side and playing cenral midfield and if Carlos, Whitley, Birchall, Spann and Theobold etc. continue to step it up, who knows, by the time the WC returns we might see Yorkie up top again

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 10:17:45 PM »
Filho alyuh good yes!

Yorke could run end to end for 90+ minutes, captain de team, hold the ball up, distribute, fight, close down space, keep midfield pressure, defend, take shots even score, be de best player on the pitch......and men like you and Marcos still ent giving de man he props!

right now Yorke engine running better than many good midfielders currently playing at his level and he was a striker converted to midfield. Who alyuh expect him to play like - Ronaldinho?

By 'decent side' yuh mean Sydney/Falkirk or yuh mean Barcelona/Milan/Chelsea?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2006, 12:15:24 AM »
Filho alyuh good yes!

Yorke could run end to end for 90+ minutes, captain de team, hold the ball up, distribute, fight, close down space, keep midfield pressure, defend, take shots even score, be de best player on the pitch......and men like you and Marcos still ent giving de man he props!

right now Yorke engine running better than many good midfielders currently playing at his level and he was a striker converted to midfield. Who alyuh expect him to play like - Ronaldinho?

By 'decent side' yuh mean Sydney/Falkirk or yuh mean Barcelona/Milan/Chelsea?

where I eh give Yorke props? you blind? I'll gve you a 2nd look
yorkie is a class player, but not a class midfielder. picture players llike nedved, ballack, vieira, deco and co. and you will realize that playing Yorke in midfield is a stop-gap. In a good side, i feel he still could do the business and would be most comfortable up top or just behind the main striker. But for now his experience is being best used to hold the ball in the middle and distribute in teams where the midfield lacking. He look real decent at times for Sydney, and his fitness is really top class...de man was biting....but he eh walking on no decent side and playing cenral midfield and if Carlos, Whitley, Birchall, Spann and Theobold etc. continue to step it up, who knows, by the time the WC returns we might see Yorkie up top again

My post was in response to someone saying he llooked top class. I simply feel top class is for fellas like Vieira, Nedved, Latas etc. Yorke understdably cannot play the postition like that. It was not a slight...I made it very clear what a good baller i think he is. I think he is better as a second striker i a team that could provide hiim wiith decent service.

and  doh exaggerae Yorkie's contribution nah man.you talking like he had a perfect game.'captain the side'? ... since when that is a measure of how well a man played. I did not see the Saprissa game but in the 5th place match he was not the best player on the pitch...maybe for Sydney but honestly, the Egyptians outclassed Sydney in all areas of the pitch, except in front of goal. Look, Yorke is fit and he is an intelligent, technically strong footballler, so he could hold it dong in midfield for some teams.  I just saying he does not have the attributes of a first class midfielder...he lost the ball making bad decisions at least 4 or 5 times on the edge of his own box and he often mistimed his tackles (was lucky to only get a yellow). His range of passing is a little limited. For all the things he does well I really believe Yorke only playing in the miidfield for teams that lack depth.....

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 01:41:29 AM »
The man thinking about his club long term.

After Yorke gone in six months time is them players who he leave out that he have to fall back on.

Maybe he does not want to upset his team for a move that would benefit Yorke more than anybody else.

I just glad the man take on Theobald. Right now all I want is for bleeder to get a regular sweat.

Yeah fuh real.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 05:00:04 AM »

Yuh TV didnt have an attenae or what? Yorke was reportedly the man of the match and a cut above the field..by all reports

I wondering this thing.. marcos u serious?
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 05:39:07 AM »

eh when yuh done smoking that pass meh the shake off

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2006, 12:24:17 PM »

eh when yuh done smoking that pass meh the shake off

ent.

yea he was rel slow to get to that header against Al Ahly too right?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2006, 12:35:42 PM »
if yorke want to keep fit why he doh come home and help out tobago united and local football?

them european unappreciative and is a set ah exploiting h8ters.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2006, 06:39:40 PM »
If allyuh could say Yorke looked quick in any game y'all really biased boy
But ah doh blame allyuh

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 07:00:27 PM »
bias?

de man is playing in EVERY game for Sydney has the General midfeilder.

He has assisted many of their goals in all round competition this season and hes scored 9 goals in all round competition.

He has been taking on defenders and showing he still have some clever touches AND hes also running back to his own goal line at times to make some essential tackles.

De Man is running WHOLE game and in the last 5 minutes if the game he is still able to break away from opposing players challenge the goal keeper or set up a goal single handedly go to the Sydney fc sight, sign up and read about the coach and the other player's analasys of him the update weekly.

dred yuh callin we bias an is tru to we all bias to Yorke buh maybe you just doh like he fuh some personal reason... maybe not maybe you honestly think he is loosing his touch greatly buh yuh hadda understand he nut slow and klumsy.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2006, 07:20:49 PM »
If allyuh could say Yorke looked quick in any game y'all really biased boy
But ah doh blame allyuh

i never said he was quick but he was obviously the engine and the workhorse of the team.

he led that team hands down.

1]; } ?>