March 28, 2024, 11:06:01 AM

Author Topic: what is dis  (Read 4990 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
what is dis
« on: April 24, 2005, 02:36:38 PM »
AH Listening to 1404 fm...some ebony show...de man refuse a caller's request to play Celine Dion becz the name of the show is Ebony...U could do dis kinda thing.

I not trying to be ignorant...but if I want to have a white ppl. station...and not play black music I could do dat??

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: what is dis
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 06:06:31 PM »
I read this and only reply to ask u what is your point??????

If u can answer this question and calm your self and give a more detailed description of what happened maybe just maybe I might respond to your attempt at once again trying to divide and conquer a beautiful and blessed country.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 02:26:54 PM »
VB right...dat is ta ta.

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 02:02:27 PM »
Ta ta  fine but I am still waiting on vb to reply before I jump on my soap box. Again divide and conquer; I try not to do.

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 02:06:37 PM »
I read this and only reply to ask u what is your point??????

If u can answer this question and calm your self and give a more detailed description of what happened maybe just maybe I might respond to your attempt at once again trying to divide and conquer a beautiful and blessed country.

I think the man point fairly obvious...

divide and conquer? once again?

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 03:55:45 PM »
From an educated point of view, this goes against equal opportunity or any democratic constitution worth anything. Dem kinda thing is de beginning of backbiting. Ah mean...think about it...over time...how many of those requests are they going to get like that? 2-3 min and de song over. Nobody go remember.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 03:58:25 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 08:51:59 AM »
Try calling on 90fm,106fm,101fm,103fm 95.1fm and ask for Black Stalin,Percy Sledge,Barry White or OJs and see what happens ;D
tell them it was me

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 11:46:03 PM »
Dis was an obvious one off situation, ironman. The odds of being bombarded with requests like Celine Dion on dat station is not very great...not in T&T. Ah mean man. Christina Aguilera and de same Celine Dion was on Soul Train before. Mariah Carey is ah half breed...she was dey too. Ah see white gyul singing Michael Jackson songs on Showtime at de Apollo. Why it is we have to act so? If is pranksters playing de fool...ban dey ass but it seemed like a very rare innocent request. We is de same jackass people dat does be singing Frosty de Snowman and Jingle Bells at Christmas time but we blushing because of an odd request to hear a Celine Dion song?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 06:56:12 PM »

If a station plays a certain genre of music they less likely to take requests for stuff that falls into another category.
If someone called the Trini Bashment station that play 99% Soca and ask for Celine Dion the host go laugh.

BUT
In this case I eh know if Celine Dion fall outside of what they normally play.  I sure they have alot of vocalists.
It might be because the host find is white people ting....but they could argue is genre.

Dem radio hosts not easy doh....they is be real abusing callers....mostly the talk shows.

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 07:06:42 PM »
Try calling on 90fm,106fm,101fm,103fm 95.1fm and ask for Black Stalin,Percy Sledge,Barry White or OJs and see what happens ;D

Do u now understand what I am trying to say here by divide and conquer. I wanted vb to tell me if the dj told the person that we only play black people music on this station or did he just say that it is Ebone radio and they do not play the type of music celine plays.

It might not have been a racist statement but u certainly took it that way. Did u even try to think that it was because the sation has a programme and a genre and celine does not fit into that.

I'm not apologise for statements that go against people's freedoms and rights but that person has a right to ask for celine and they have a right to say that they do not play the type of music celine sings at their station. the listener then has the right to go to 97.1 and ask for celine. :)

Besides u have to be smart about it I am not going to ask for Iwer on 103fm.

But when u write about it and leave out certain facts u may be dividing a country that needs to stick together. I do not believe in that. I do not think that it is necessary to try to make ppl think that the station is being racial when they might not have been.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 07:26:57 AM »
Dis was an obvious one off situation, ironman. The odds of being bombarded with requests like Celine Dion on dat station is not very great...not in T&T. Ah mean man. Christina Aguilera and de same Celine Dion was on Soul Train before. Mariah Carey is ah half breed...she was dey too. Ah see white gyul singing Michael Jackson songs on Showtime at de Apollo. Why it is we have to act so? If is pranksters playing de fool...ban dey ass but it seemed like a very rare innocent request. We is de same jackass people dat does be singing Frosty de Snowman and Jingle Bells at Christmas time but we blushing because of an odd request to hear a Celine Dion song?

hahhahahhah kyak kyak kyak yuh kill meh wid dat one "Jingle bells and Frosty  ;D ;D ;D Boss answer
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>