April 25, 2024, 12:29:27 AM

Author Topic: If yuh have de TNT heritage say I do NOW!!!to d invite  (Read 6807 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
If yuh have de TNT heritage say I do NOW!!!to d invite
« on: December 14, 2005, 06:19:19 PM »
This idea of claiming heritage status and wanting to represent TNT has the potential to create a mockery for us.  I would like to take this opportunity to express my concerns of the process and timining which may be allowing for every 'outside child' to 'find an equal place' in this land of opportunity and at this most fortune time.

It would appear that this open invitation should have been made prior to the  WCQ.Then all those who had any inclination of representing TNT  would be given a tryout and be invited to subsequent camps.

We would have had enough time to assess and to allow for  opportunites at the Digicel Cup and the Gold Cup and the  qualification games. I know now that we want to field  the best possible players but  had we  started off the campaign with this  'open invitation' don't you think at this juncture, we would have had an informed pool of players from which we could make some choices?

To have players  who are pulling at  'pumpkin vines' and those who are now coming to realization of their TNT heritage seems  opportunistic and gives the perception that our organization is in a position of weakness. I am not for denying opportunities, I am simply advocating for a more  rational approach to  player selection given  this timining.

Maybe in the future,  an invitation like this  will be made  known to players in advance and for those who chose the option to try out, they will be given first preferance if and when we do make it to different levels of qulaification. So theoritically we could have a pool of players to look at in the  games or qualifiers; then we could add to that pool  for the hex; Digicel Cup; and Gold Cup fixtures and  if we make it to where we are today; we would have had ample opportunites to assess and to  field the strongest contingent of players.

I wish those who knew or who wanted to claim TNT heritage should declare thier intent early  and make every effort to either commit for the long journey, or to provide opportunites to showcase their talents in camps and games.

To those in power, could we please  taper our enthusiam without making a mockery of our team; our nation and our future aspirations. people either  should stand up NOW and declare  intentions  for TNT or.........later

Just my humble opinion.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 06:29:34 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: If yuh have de TNT heritage say I do NOW!!!to d invite
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 06:50:54 PM »
With all due respect.

OVERREACTION.

So what if "people crawlin out the woodwork to represent Trini" now?  Would it not be to T&T's OVERALL BENEFIT?

If your son was to express a desire NOW to represent T&T, how would he be any different than Murphy?

This boilin down to who more Trini than who and all dat could lead to is dotish talk.

Who more Trini?  De local who never leave and live dey all dey life? 

De Trini who leave and never go back?

De one who leave and does go back every now and then?

Only people BORN in T&T? 

People actin MYOPIC AT BEST wit dis situation and it sad in my opinion.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 07:27:06 PM »
Before we get to pumpin vine "Trini Footballers" who would luv to join us now...just do a little survey to see the "forumites" who joined us since March 2005 ....when we officially moved over to the new Soca Warriors forum.

Are we to believe that supporters who luv to refer to others as waggonists...but who only joined the forum within the last year...are mighter than thou...and are not to be relegated to d official waggonist status?

Tell me then...when is the cut-off date for one to claim supporter status...as compared to waggonist status?

Luv U T&T!

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 07:40:26 PM »
Alberta. You think that the rest of the world really care about how TTFF "Look" if they pull in some new men? U really think that is a sign of "weakness?" So i guess Ghana weak for asking Freddy Adu to play with their team right? Even after he has said NO several times in the past. What about USA with Rossi and the Kalou Brothers situation? Horse; this is not an excercise of Ego and pride here. Is the flicking World Cup! Countries have to do whatever necessary to field their best team possible. Have you seen our defence? We need all the help we can get, so that we aren't embarrased at the big dance! Let Beenie be the judge and facilitator of any personnel moves nah breds. HE IS THE MAN WITH THE EXPERIENCE in these such matters. We are minnows along for the ride on the Beenie Bus. Is either u trust him or you don't at this point. Have some faith nah king? is ah world full of Trinis and we all exactly equal at this point...
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 08:34:03 PM »
We should think of all of this as the rebirth of Trinidad and Tobago football.  We weren't respected by outsiders and ourselves and who would.  It's a new day for we football. Let's face it....for the most part we seemed very unprofessional and amateurish in our approach to football. We've come a long way....imagine we may go to the world cup and not have a single game at home. If was another coach (I will call no names) I sure we would have done the popular thing instead of the right thing.

We have a coach who hates losing and is instilling that into the players...we are gaining respect. So it's only natural that people will come out of the woodwork. We now..look....act....sound...play.....fight professionally.

We can't be spiteful...we in a position to get a really large and strong pool of players not only for this world cup but for future world cup.   

Let all come out of the woodwork and get bit by the Trini Bug.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 09:27:10 PM »
Alberta I agree with you.
We have to draw the line somewhere and make sure standards are adhered to and this is not to keep anyone out.

Some people really MYOPIC as to the bigger picture beyond WC.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 10:13:15 PM »
 RED ...WHITE ...AND  BLACK...FOREVER.....IF YUH NEVER TAKE A MAXI TUH TRAIN FOR A MATCH IN DE SAVANAH...IF YUH NEVER BEG COACH FOR 2 DOLLARS TUH GET HOME......ALLYUH DOES FEEL IS NOW THIS TING START,,,,IS LONG TIME...NOT LAST YEAR........BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR....IDENTITY.......TNT TNT TNT TNT.....YUH HAD TO BE THERE TO GET BOO BY TNT PUBLIC...TAKE DE BAD TALK BOUT " DAT SHIT SIDE """.....WATCH OUT MY PEOPLE.......

TNT TNT TNT
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 10:35:14 PM »
lets just say we get a set of foreign base...and lets just say one of them score the winner against england!! what will be your stance then..even if you was against him playing at that point you will jump on the bandwagon..so let us put our best foot forward because it is in the interest of Tand T not to look like a jokey side when we reach the big dance..my 2 cents

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 11:08:43 PM »

It would appear that this open invitation should have been made prior to the  WCQ.Then all those who had any inclination of representing TNT  would be given a tryout and be invited to subsequent camps.

We would have had enough time to assess and to allow for  opportunites at the Digicel Cup and the Gold Cup and the  qualification games. I know now that we want to field  the best possible players but  had we  started off the campaign with this  'open invitation' don't you think at this juncture, we would have had an informed pool of players from which we could make some choices?

. I am not for denying opportunities, I am simply advocating for a more  rational approach to  player selection given  this timining.

Maybe in the future,  an invitation like this  will be made  known to players in advance and for those who chose the option to try out, they will be given first preferance if and when we do make it to different levels of qulaification. So theoritically we could have a pool of players to look at in the  games or qualifiers; then we could add to that pool  for the hex; Digicel Cup; and Gold Cup fixtures and  if we make it to where we are today; we would have had ample opportunites to assess and to  field the strongest contingent of players.

I wish those who knew or who wanted to claim TNT heritage should declare thier intent early and make every effort to either commit for the long journey, or to provide opportunites to showcase their talents in camps and games.

So I am not denying those who wish to  take advantage of the opportunity, I am simply sayinhg that the process should have been implemented  prior to this time. THE PROCESS is what I am querrying.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 11:19:40 PM »
This is not a 'pissing contest'' to see who has more claim to being acitzen nor is it about  getting the right players on the bus; I think this kinda of invitation should have  being initiated at the onset of qualifications.

Let those with entitlement to citzenship, make a commitment at that time and go thorugh the  struggles like " Tiger" Eve" and others who  were there at the onset. There were ample opportunities to assess their contribution and  abilities  at this level.

Atre we going to use, practice time and the  limited friendlies to assess  some relatively unknown talent? or to  see how others mesh into  our team system?
I am not myopic to think that we  have opportunities to upgrade aspects of the team that we ought not to, conversely, I applaud and said in my title if yuh have it come now. Like most planning along this journey, we need to put an effective process in place so that we are not doing things haphazardly.

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 05:14:20 AM »
alberta i agree wit yuh....

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 08:31:24 AM »
It's encouraging to read of the many prominent and obscure players who are heeding to TNT call at a time of greatest need. Imagine what our team may have looked like and what performances we may have seen if these players were avaliable during the qualifiers?

Imagine a TNT team with the calibre of players who are knocking at the door now, playing in the Digicel Cup and the Gold Cup? Imagine the claibre  of players playing aganist St.Kitts and S,Vincent? or even Jamacia for that fact? No more squeaking by Barbados?

I hope that this World Cup appearance will serve as a turning point for the TTFF in how they conduct business ad that we put in place a sysytem that would ensure that we have at all times the strongest and  most talented players avaliable in our pool of resources. All men who even have ahint of TNT heritage should get a try out cap them for a game or two and let's keep better tabs on who could represent we.

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 10:25:43 AM »
We should think of all of this as the rebirth of Trinidad and Tobago football.  We weren't respected by outsiders and ourselves and who would.  It's a new day for we football. Let's face it....for the most part we seemed very unprofessional and amateurish in our approach to football. We've come a long way....imagine we may go to the world cup and not have a single game at home. If was another coach (I will call no names) I sure we would have done the popular thing instead of the right thing.

We have a coach who hates losing and is instilling that into the players...we are gaining respect. So it's only natural that people will come out of the woodwork. We now..look....act....sound...play.....fight professionally.

We can't be spiteful...we in a position to get a really large and strong pool of players not only for this world cup but for future world cup.   

Let all come out of the woodwork and get bit by the Trini Bug.

how u so sure them sticking around after the world cup?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 10:40:46 AM »
The line will be drawn when we field the best team in Germany.  Is not some players fault that the TTFF did not have the foresight to select from the largest possible pool of eligible players.  I do have a problem with men like Zamora blanking us and then trying to recant on their decisions after we have made it.  I wouldn't be surprised if Beenie calls him up, if allowed by FIFA, and he gets a callous response from the players.  It will be Zamora's own fault if palyers refuse to bond with him.  For all the Johnnys come lately that all of a sudden discovering they have Trini roots, I'll say that if they are eligible and good enough in Beenie's eyes, they get a chance.  While we are rightfully caught up in the passion of being true fans, coaches think analytically and rationally.  That's why there are coaches and fans.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What do you think?
Zamora and all these guys with "Trini" roots/connections. Shouldn't they at least have stepped foot in the country they represent prior to taking the field for a World CUp?
I honestly want the best team available but it just doesn't feel right to have guys who have no clue about the nation at all.
Even Birchall came for the Panama game before playing in a qualifier.
Mine is not a question of commitment. I am sure Zamora etc.. will play their hardest if they do play for us, but how would you feel if you see an entire team of individuals who never stepped foot on Trinidadian soil represent us in Germany?
i.e. hypothetically noone who represented us in the qualifiers but a better, albeit less Trini team
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 04:25:08 PM »
What do you think?
Zamora and all these guys with "Trini" roots/connections. Shouldn't they at least have stepped foot in the country they represent prior to taking the field for a World CUp?
I honestly want the best team available but it just doesn't feel right to have guys who have no clue about the nation at all.
Even Birchall came for the Panama game before playing in a qualifier.
Mine is not a question of commitment. I am sure Zamora etc.. will play their hardest if they do play for us, but how would you feel if you see an entire team of individuals who never stepped foot on Trinidadian soil represent us in Germany?
i.e. hypothetically noone who represented us in the qualifiers but a better, albeit less Trini team

dat eh go happen. Beenie is an intelligent, experienced coach and will take his strongest TEAM...not just the best 23 individuals. The team building process started a long time ago and Beenie will not sacrifice chemistry to just bring in a talented individual if they do not fit into the team structure (tactically, technically AND socially). Trust me...6 months and 4 practice games  is not that much time to prepare. Beenie cannot integrate too many new faces...most of the side done pick. It just have maybe 3 or 4 spaces open...watch and see

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 04:29:28 PM »
But u eh feel ahow havin a man play who has no idea about Trinidad?
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 04:29:48 PM »
Just a question.

If Rooney say he mother born in trini and he did never play fuh England before, never set foot in T&T, and he say he want to represent we in de WC....how many a allyuh woulda tell he to hull he tail?

Only those who would have answered in the affirmative need reply.

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 04:34:40 PM »
Just a question.

If Rooney say he mother born in trini and he did never play fuh England before, never set foot in T&T, and he say he want to represent we in de WC....how many a allyuh woulda tell he to hull he tail?

Only those who would have answered in the affirmative need reply.

lol

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 04:35:41 PM »
But u eh feel ahow havin a man play who has no idea about Trinidad?

yeah..for sure...it kinda strange. But Brichall didn' know nuttin' bout TnT when he start and to be honest..de man probably still doh know that much. True he come from de earlies, but he wasn't any less foreign dan some of these new names being bandied about. You hadda give men a chance. De coach will do us right and make the right decisions. I wouldn't mind a couple more 'foreigners' with 'me mum' heart and attitude.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2005, 04:37:03 PM »
What I am really concern about is the commitment level of all the johnny come latelies..would they be as committed and the ones who were there from the start or who fight for us in the Hex..or are they joining just for bragging rights? "I play in ah WC finals" we have to be careful at this stage who we bringing for the WC..they could come and try out for the future, but lets keep the chemistry we already have..make sure them men committed before the play in the WC..that's my view!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »
I not even concerned about commitment though
I am welcoming everyone as well, iz just seeing men run out in a Trinidad shirt that really had no affiliation or love for Trinidad jus doh feel right.
I am sure ppl will play their hearts out, but are they really playing because of their love for the red, white and black?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2005, 08:23:50 PM »
   PALOS....F##K ROONEY...ANY EVERYBODY ELSE FOR THAT MATTER......AND DUSCAM...YOU TALKING TO ME????
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2005, 09:56:18 PM »
This is a gunfight fellas.....and we cyah go in to a gun fight with a colt 45 while we opponents slinging mac10 and AK 47's......the better quality guns we could get the better fight we could put up.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2005, 10:02:08 PM »
So MEP are you saying we should employ a mercernary tactic?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2005, 10:15:29 PM »
I cyah talk fuh MEP

BUT

I SAYIN

We must ensure the best available, ELIGIBLE, T&T squad must be on that field on June 10 AND given that criteria, whoever Mr. Beenhakker deems fit to be in his squad is perfectly fine by me.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2005, 10:26:27 PM »
All I am saying is that I want de Red White and Black to shine........the glory from winning comes to TnT not to them guys....if you want to call my tactics mercenary then do so...but a lot of them fellas who play for France and Holland check dey birth certificate......

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2005, 10:47:34 PM »
Oh Lawd  i argee I argee. Now this eh no time fuh blind patriotism nor is it time  tuh give partner a sweat or  do do ah favour fuh ah family friend or anything of the sorts. Dis is about a highly competitive tournament on ah world stage. So it stands tuh reason yuh want yuh team tuh have a full compliment of players who are capable of performing at that level.

I have said before in this campaign that we  must prevail  'BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY' so Beenhakker whatever it takes to make this country proud, you  do it.

I know that it will be mindful, thoughful and be dignified to those who have made personal sacrifices and for those who have been true to TNT as long as they have what it takes to go beyond where we are now, I am for that.

I know we have to be more than satisfied with just making it and showing up in Germany, we must believe that we have some sort of a chance at victories or else what is  a game worth playing for?

So as we stand on the fence with this one; leh we see what transpires and let's hope that those  with the power of decisions do what is best for the team and TNT.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2005, 11:21:12 PM »
what is dis mentality wit trinis dat everyting foreign better.
in my opinion, having seen zamora an samuel play, they no better dan whitley or edwards.

doh write off we boys at all

what i seeing is men tryin to "eat ah food" off d players who work so hard to get dey.

allyuh see what beenie do with d team, 3 days or a week before a match, imagine what he could do in a month.

i say if d ORIGINAL WARRIORS fit an lookin good, take dem.
let zamora an d rest hull dey ass..
if dese fellas so good den dey go b able to make we go qualify easy for wc 2010 ent? if dey so f**kin good.

i know nothing bout zamora an dem.

but i with dem fellas from d start. from dominica straight dong to bahrain.hell, years before dis campaign
ah went EVERY home match including friendlies so blame meh for being overprotective or too emotional.i cyah help dat, iz ah woman.

dem fellas like my sons an to hear people sayin dey ent good enough all of a f**kin sudden gettin me real vex. dey was good enough to bring we to d world cup but dey ent good enough to play in it?.give me a f**kin break.

if dis post lookin familiar is becuz ah would always say dis an i stickin to it. NOBODY could make me accept any johhny come latelies.

D ORIGINAL SOCA WARRIORS TO D END!!!

bless!!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2005, 10:17:30 AM »
I am convinced that the players that are showing interest now are only attempting to fulfill their dreams, without "real" care for T&T.

If we accept most of them (as good as they may be), I assure you that we are not going to see most of them after the WC - It's going to be back to "club before Country". We need to bring in quality ala "hardest", and stop looking in de dustbin.

It's dem players that need an oconner evaluation.

1]; } ?>