April 26, 2024, 07:56:30 AM

Author Topic: Warner's Address - A response to the allegations  (Read 23242 times)

truetrini

Re: Warner's Address - A response to the allegations
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2006, 07:20:38 AM »
I don't think anybody in Trinidad can escape blame.  We still see sports as a leisure activity.  We don't see it as a business and getting people to come on board is very difficult.  We are willing to wait and sit back and see other people get invovle and depending on how it goes we either sit on the side saying how it should be done or jump on the bandwagon.  I will never forget when George Bovell won bronze at the Olympics myriads of companies were 'congratulating him'  the newspapers, clearly using the opportunity to advertise their company and if it was not for big -mouth Anil threatening to sue, they would not have stopped.
So allowing Jack Warner to run football the show for so long has made him who he is.

Again, you are missing the main point!  Yes the T&T people are not as sporting as many feel!  BUT, JAck has manipulated the TTFF and changed the CONSTITUTION to ensure the survival of not only himself but OLLIE CAMPS as well.

There is much more sinister happenings in the TTFF dan yuh aware of.

Jack Warenr was walking away...well so he say and den in a well timded press release he had OLLIE camps come and say if Jack walks away we go have to paY HE millions in loans back and how de TTFF broke etc.

Yet when it comes to broadcast rights dfe TTFF doh get nutten but ah token and jack buying dem fuh $1.00 UD?

steups.   who go get involved in dat shit?

OPen yuh eyes anbd stop guessing.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2006, 07:40:21 AM »
Despite what you may think or feel of Jack Warner, he has been the one constant in T&T football for decades now. The one steward of T&T football to the greatness it has become. 

Please describe or define this greatness that we have become...

The TTFF has a president who is a deaf mute.

The TTFF has no money and is millions of dollars in debt

We qualify for the WC, have a world cup draw, know where and when we playing and the TTFF wants us to believe that they do not know: how many tickets we will get; or when we will get these tickets

A representative of the TTFF went to a press conference and get into a shouting match with the media like is two man in rum shop.

Are these the features of a GREAT organization?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline lihalquay

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2006, 07:48:55 AM »
I am getting a bit annoyed at you. I agree that no one wants to get jump on board a  'sinking ship filled with rats' but if you ALLOW someone to have free reign of course they are going to solidfy their power, especially if their actions are not above board. That is a given. You are saying that it is because of what the TTFF is NOW no one will get involved.  I am saying it is the TRINI mentality NOT to GET INVOLVE PERIOD!!!!

truetrini

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2006, 08:08:13 AM »
I am getting a bit annoyed at you. I agree that no one wants to get jump on board a  'sinking ship filled with rats' but if you ALLOW someone to have free reign of course they are going to solidfy their power, especially if their actions are not above board. That is a given. You are saying that it is because of what the TTFF is NOW no one will get involved.  I am saying it is the TRINI mentality NOT to GET INVOLVE PERIOD!!!!

Well I happen to disagree.  The ship is full of rats as you say...and rats carry communicable diseases.  Time to clen the ship's hold of the rats.

There is a time for everything.   The FIFA laws prevent governmental involvement.  If the Government were to get involved the TTFF and subsequently all T&T teams will be barred from ALL competitions!

JAck solidified his power.  Is it a trini mentality dat helped Papa Doc secure his power?  Saddam Hussein?  No it is careful planning, purges and collobartion with those who hold power.

Now is the time to do something and not to co plain bout trini mentality.

I hope dis clears up my p[osition???

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2006, 08:20:32 AM »
I don't think anybody in Trinidad can escape blame.  We still see sports as a leisure activity.  We don't see it as a business and getting people to come on board is very difficult.  We are willing to wait and sit back and see other people get invovle and depending on how it goes we either sit on the side saying how it should be done or jump on the bandwagon.  I will never forget when George Bovell won bronze at the Olympics myriads of companies were 'congratulating him'  the newspapers, clearly using the opportunity to advertise their company and if it was not for big -mouth Anil threatening to sue, they would not have stopped.
So allowing Jack Warner to run football the show for so long has made him who he is.

Very True! But you are stating the obvious. he has run T&T Football since the mid 70's and continues to do so.
The constitution of the TTFF has been revised so Camps can never be voted out, which allows Warner total control. What Warner has done is place the TTFF in his debt for ever. They rent offices from him, he owns the bus transport which they utilize etc. Moneys spent by Warner on T&T Football is a LOAN, which TTFF pays off by simply passing on the $250,000.00 US they receive from FIFA to Mr. Warner. Consequently when through Warners help T&T got the U17 WC Warner controlled the whole operation and made millions off Stadium contracts, consessions, Internet etc etc. Do you know that the Internet contract that went to Warners son for the U17's, was never actrually hooked up in the Dwight Yorke Stadium in Tobago. So in theory the pocketed the $30,000. US for that one hook up.

Inflation of the budget for the WC qualification games is another example of how money was simply pocketed.
claiming that it cost $150000US for the Panama game in Panama, is a gross inflation on actual cost. I have stated here before just look at the books for the USA. their entire budget for running their Whole operation including facilities, referees, all National teams (male, female, youth,) the Academy in Florida etc etc . is 32 million US. Yet Warner is asking for 30 million US just to prepare a team for the WC

The Government and the private businesses are quite aware of this and are reluctant to throw in their money. After all their contribution is not a LOAN. Neither can they simply ask for accountability on the funds, because once Government enters the picture, FIFA steps in with a threat of banning the association.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline ballfever

• Jr. Warrior
  • Dream d'dream, live d'game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2006, 11:09:50 AM »
dis is ballfever playin devil's advocate....again :devil:
Boynes an d boys want tuh play dey takin high ground....no budget, no money.
allyuh tink dey go take high ground an say dat JW as a special advisor cyah talk for d ttff, an dey want tuh hear dah refusal ah money from d president mout himself?

WHERE IS OLIVER CAMPS?????
if yuh check mih heart in mih chest, mix up wit d'red blood, it have a black & white stripe somewhere in dey!.....long b4 foot ball,durin' world cup and after..T&T FOREVER! WE COUNTRY, WE SPIRIT,WE VIBES! WARRIOR NATION!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2006, 11:13:40 AM »
dis is ballfever playin devil's advocate....again :devil:
Boynes an d boys want tuh play dey takin high ground....no budget, no money.
allyuh tink dey go take high ground an say dat JW as a special advisor cyah talk for d ttff, an dey want tuh hear dah refusal ah money from d president mout himself?

WHERE IS OLIVER CAMPS?????
"WE DOH WHA GO THERE"     :rotfl:

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2006, 11:32:18 AM »
Until someone else is willing, much less able, to step up and put his money ( and life) where his mouth is, JW is the person to continue stewarding T&T football.

this is a good point. JW is so big now that no single trini or organization wants to battle him. on the world stage in FIFA however, JW could meet his match. too bad FIFA has the same accountability problems as TTFF....

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2006, 12:31:17 PM »
Until someone else is willing, much less able, to step up and put his money ( and life) where his mouth is, JW is the person to continue stewarding T&T football.

this is a good point. JW is so big now that no single trini or organization wants to battle him. on the world stage in FIFA however, JW could meet his match. too bad FIFA has the same accountability problems as TTFF....

maybe if someone else stepped up, with more accountablility, and transparency they govt and corporate Trini might be more willing to invest their money. Maybe just Maybe that because its Jack that folks are not so willing to fork over millions of dollars and hope that it gets where it has to go and not straight into his bank account.

All this money Jack bawling he spend over the years, ask him how much he has made as a result of being in the position he is in.
I wonder if Adidas give him a lil something.
I wonder if a nation wanting to host a World Cup or youth tournament will give him a lil someting for his vote(s)

yuh really feel he been doing all of this out of the goodness of his heart?
If that was true he would be dead broke.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2006, 03:56:09 PM »
Law suit my ass. Where is Camps in all this. Warner making all these preps for T&T. Warner putting together budget, Warner going to London to finalize T&T prep, Warner this, Warner that. This is not the TTFF is the JWFF. I am totally fed up with Warner and his puppet master apporach to OUR football, and have absolutely no confidence in him and our federation.

Football is supposed to be about the players and the fans, but all I am hearing is about Jack Warner and the TTFF, we need another coup, where is the  :devil:  when yuh need him.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2006, 04:19:09 PM »
Despite what you may think or feel of Jack Warner, he has been the one constant in T&T football for decades now. The one steward of T&T football to the greatness it has become. He has in fact done more for T&T football than any other single individual, and whilst this is by no means an endorsement of the man, it is in fact an endorsement of the football executive he IS. GIVE JACK HE JACKET!

But by all means, please continue to question his motives and agendas. BUT GIVE JACK HE JACKET! 
Yuh father is still ah ole tief!!!!!!!!!!
TnT Patriot

truetrini

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2006, 04:50:09 PM »
Despite what you may think or feel of Jack Warner, he has been the one constant in T&T football for decades now. The one steward of T&T football to the greatness it has become. He has in fact done more for T&T football than any other single individual, and whilst this is by no means an endorsement of the man, it is in fact an endorsement of the football executive he IS. GIVE JACK HE JACKET!

But by all means, please continue to question his motives and agendas. BUT GIVE JACK HE JACKET! 

allyuh good oui.  how yuh so sure dat is warner son boy?

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2006, 05:27:07 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: well this board is pure kicks

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2006, 07:56:45 AM »

my sentiments exactly
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline ICharles

• New Warrior
  • He who does not look ahead always remains behind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2006, 12:23:33 PM »

Two points:-
[1] I hope we are learning about the stupidity that back stabbing and unreasonable back bench chatter causes.  The most important point the man make is that while he really supposed to be making critical preparations for Trinidad's World Cup appearance instead he in Trinidad filing report with people who should be put in jail and hung.  They couldn't wait until after the World Cup to go after the man, so if when the team get there and they have to sleep on the floor with rats, they cannot blame him.

[2] After a healthy reading of Jack Warner's statement and perusing the responses on socawarior.net my beliefs are now being given a refresher on the astounding truth of the bitterness, resentment and confounding ignorance and illiteracy of the Trinidad and Tobago populace.  What a sad time for the nation and the world in such historic moments.  Now I could easily understand the prevalence of crime existing in Trinidad and Tobago but it's entire presence on the whole.

LESSON LEARNT
AFTER FEEDING THE DONKEY WATER BE CAREFUL IT COME BACK AND KICK YOU.
Peace without the grease

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2006, 12:34:24 PM »
Ikehinde.... you cannot read and comprehend but yuh calling people illiterate and ignorant

1. What is the roll of Oliver Camps? Shouldn't he be the one making de critical preparations for the World Cup? Doh talk no assness...

2. Go back and look at all Jack Warner has said from December 9th till now and compare to what he has said in his speech...
EVERYTHING is contrary.... so is he being honest? was he ever honest? Which statements were the truth?

When would you like there to be an inquiry? After de World Cup? Just like they had an inquiry after the Nov 19th debacle? Whatever happen of that?

Ask yuhself these questions... read and comprehend and yuh might see de light.....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

truetrini

« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2006, 06:13:26 PM »
FF, there is NO ONE AS BLIND as the fool who eh want to see, and no one as deaf as de fool who eh want tuh hear.

Why should we continously cast our pearls before swine?

Let de deafies and de dummies bray!

heee haw

1]; } ?>