March 29, 2024, 01:10:21 AM

Author Topic: WE'LL DO IT ON OUR OWN Warner tells Boynes  (Read 4898 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
WE'LL DO IT ON OUR OWN Warner tells Boynes
« on: January 03, 2006, 09:26:19 PM »

Warner tells Boynes on Warriors' World Cup funding

Kern De Freitas

Wednesday, January 4th 2006

The Government is no longer under any obligation to contribute financially to the Trinidad and Tobago "Soca Warriors" 2006 World Cup campaign.

So said FIFA vice-president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) special adviser Jack Warner as he addressed the issue of the national team's World Cup budget at a news conference at the Crowne Plaza yesterday.

The Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs last week issued a release stating they were yet to receive any indication as to the expected expenditure for the team for the World Cup in Germany in June.

But Warner told the audience yesterday that Sport Minister Roger Boynes is part of "Operation Get Warner" and has tried to discredit him (Warner) by giving the impression of his and the Federation's tardiness with the budget.

"I wish to advise Minister Boynes that, if he can, he should not let others push him into behaving as 'boyishly'," Warner said.

"The simple fact," he continued, "is that no budget could have sensibly been prepared unless all the facts and figures are available, where, by and large, they now are."

"I want to say now, very publicly, that I have spoken to the Federation, and the executive has agreed that this Soca Warriors team...the Government will no longer have to put any money in it.

"The team has reached this far without Government funding and the team shall reach that far the same way. And the Minister will be so advised tomorrow.

"If he wishes to, he can still pay the coaches their salaries, retroactively, hopefully.

"But I'll tell the Minister that we have agreed to pay the footballers US$20,000 as a minimum to US$100,000 as a maximum."

Warner also suggested any Government payments to the players be made to them directly, and they should at least match what the TTFF is awarding the senior national team.

"The sum allocated to the team is US$1.4 million. Ask the Minister to even match that, and add in piece of land if he wants to. But the time has come to tell the team something. Because even the losing country, Bahrain, they have gotten theirs."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WE'LL DO IT ON OUR OWN Warner tells Boynes
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 09:30:55 PM »

Warner tells Boynes on Warriors' World Cup funding

Kern De Freitas

"I want to say now, very publicly, that I have spoken to the Federation, and the executive has agreed that this Soca Warriors team...the Government will no longer have to put any money in it.

"The team has reached this far without Government funding and the team shall reach that far the same way. And the Minister will be so advised tomorrow.

show them who is blasted boss JW ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 09:32:02 PM »
jack get put in a spot an he running scared

all d time he want govt help now allll a sudden he doh hav budget so govt shud doh help

jack u real good for tnt football but i doh trust yuh boss i fraid yuh
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 09:33:18 PM »
yuh see taht Jack is ah guy yuh have to love and hate because he stand up for Trionidad and tobago football is only now he will take he cut.(not saying that i approve of all his work)
All American

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 09:33:43 PM »
ah hope he also talking bout TSTT and Lottery money not also welcome.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 09:38:22 PM »
This is not his personal team that he could do as he pleases with.

If we don't get the money and send a underprepared team he will try to blame the government. This is a political ploy.

The people have to make some noise to straighten him out.

Jackass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 10:00:17 PM »
all the skull JW pulling or not...Everybody wanted to go WC.... regardless of what...at the time the focus was on which coach is tata...which player is tata...
well we going WC now...as some fellas say...now honour yuh contract to the devil.....doh brakes now...
not in defense of JW or anybody...buh when the government decide to build 850 M $ stadium...did they consider taxpayers accountability...all of ah sudden dem so ppl decision oriented ?
all ah dem crooked...thief from thief make God laugh...buh man like me could only cry

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 10:06:41 PM »
all the skull JW pulling or not...Everybody wanted to go WC.... regardless of what...at the time the focus was on which coach is tata...which player is tata...
well we going WC now...as some fellas say...now honour yuh contract to the devil.....doh brakes now...
not in defense of JW or anybody...buh when the government decide to build 850 M $ stadium...did they consider taxpayers accountability...all of ah sudden dem so ppl decision oriented ?
all ah dem crooked...thief from thief make God laugh...buh man like me could only cry

Dem is unfair statements.  Nuff man right here on dis board, Sam especially cry down dat goverment tarouba move.

I have siad over and over dat we make de WC despite Jack and de TTFF.  de focus was always on de TTFF's revolvng door of coaches and lack of accountability.

While it may be true dat some were not too concerned aboput Jack, it was maily because dey younger and doh have de knowledge and experience dat some ah de older men possess.

Unfair!

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 10:16:25 PM »
I am no UNC supporter, come from a long line of traditional PNM supporters, but Jack I have to say thank you for sticking in there, when no one else would! You could have climbed to the highest peak in FIFA and not even look down to Trinidad, but you did not.... So thank you.... Now take us to the World Cup, and forget the people who like to open they mouth and shut they pocket.... No one is an angel, and I rather have you than not have you.... Anyway better you than me, because if I was you, I rather pay the whole cost myself, which will be painful but will prove to be some vindication or more than likey this is what I would do is completely pull out and see who step up.... Not that I would like to see!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 10:22:36 AM by marcus »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 10:21:24 PM »

Dem is unfair statements.  Nuff man right here on dis board, Sam especially cry down dat goverment tarouba move.

I have siad over and over dat we make de WC despite Jack and de TTFF.  de focus was always on de TTFF's revolvng door of coaches and lack of accountability.

While it may be true dat some were not too concerned aboput Jack, it was maily because dey younger and doh have de knowledge and experience dat some ah de older men possess.

Unfair!

True...true...ah hit low dey...as a matter of fact, I raised the Tarouba issue...yet it was debated, opposed, fought and still approved...but unfortunately, I personally diid not want to reach WC at any means necessary..I also stated we had many more critical issues to take care of, and on a football level, I thought we had quite a bit of cleaning up to do as well, which many ole-timers here would remember, I specfically spoke of the TTFF and Warner issue, and the many conflicts of interest ias well as lack of proper management nvolved.... Some accused me of being backward, stupid and not progressive, and I said maybe I am, cause I really don't know everything....but still I hoped the majority was right and I was wrong...and although I am very happy we made it, I hoped it things would get clearer, and somehow, everybody will pull together...buh what happen...well ...we blow up more..is now all kinda dog eat dog and poltical misgiving, innuendos and agendas flying left an right...an ah not sure if to be happy or sad, that we have at this time, now put our dutty linen on the World line.

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 10:27:05 PM »
well yeah I agree with yuh.  I hate de TTFF!  dey doing all in dey power to destroy football in T&T.

I tell nuffman here if it want' fuh Jack we make 2 world cup already.

but breds is tears.   T*T is pure f**keries.  No one has the guts to really make ah difference, lawlessness and BS is de order ah de day.

And de reaction when yuh talk baout it"  Yuh rantingm, but dat eh changing nutten."

steups

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 10:38:02 PM »
well yeah I agree with yuh.  I hate de TTFF!  dey doing all in dey power to destroy football in T&T.

I tell nuffman here if it want' fuh Jack we make 2 world cup already.

but breds is tears.   T*T is pure f**keries.  No one has the guts to really make ah difference, lawlessness and BS is de order ah de day.

And de reaction when yuh talk baout it"  Yuh rantingm, but dat eh changing nutten."

steups

Glad we could agree...doh I wouldn't give up yuh battles, we never really know the outcome of the war...and after all, unfairness is still unfair...but choose yuh battleground and have a clear determination of friend & foe.(of course as ah army man yuh know dem ting) ....doh it is most difficult in this dog eat dog battle we in the middle of...Jack meh not be nice, buh the other polticos not showin meh much either...nb.ah not refering to party..PNM..UNC..or SWO....but to individual ppl integrity..

Ps: ah really liked Liburd's response...totally appropiate an on the "money"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 10:50:59 PM by maxg »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 11:31:50 PM »
warner back out bc is corrpution he on, he back out bc he cant supply a budget that is transparent and identifies the fees associated with the campaign, bc he was planning tuh thief and get away with it, he must be feel de pnm will juss give money, but he ent know, dey juss as stingey and corrupt as him.

hard luck dey warner, yuh corruption catch up wit yuh, now yuh have tuh brave it on ur own padnah, too much lies

remember a liar can neva enter de kingdom of heaven, ah hope warner, de pnm and unc realize dis on judgement

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 01:05:41 AM »
Yeah boy...Jack get STICK...he miscalculate on this one...He shoulda let LLiburd articles blow over and tell D media believe what you may.  Now he using politics to  side track D ticket issue.  Ah think he dig heself in a bigger hole with dat press conference.  Now that he offend d PNM and he boy Boynzy....D mistake he make was making Liburd articles a POLITICAL ISSUE...He was suppose to sidestep WITHOUT using POLITICAL PARTIES in this...If JACK want to rant, yuh cant expect to point finger at D gov't and expect dem to bend over after....Lawd....now ah waiting to see what kinda budget he going to show later this week.... ::)  Ah think he need a man like TruTrini as he PR man...yuh see ah bigging yuh up.... :rotfl:  I would hope yuh ent go give meh no mudder talk... ;D
Ah say it, how ah see it

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 01:14:42 AM »
Yeah boy...Jack get STICK...he miscalculate on this one...He shoulda let LLiburd articles blow over and tell D media believe what you may.  Now he using politics to  side track D ticket issue.  Ah think he dig heself in a bigger hole with dat press conference.  Now that he offend d PNM and he boy Boynzy....D mistake he make was making Liburd articles a POLITICAL ISSUE...He was suppose to sidestep WITHOUT using POLITICAL PARTIES in this...If JACK want to rant, yuh cant expect to point finger at D gov't and expect dem to bend over after....Lawd....now ah waiting to see what kinda budget he going to show later this week.... ::)  Ah think he need a man like TruTrini as he PR man...yuh see ah bigging yuh up.... :rotfl:  I would hope yuh ent go give meh no mudder talk... ;D

My self confidence pretty high, so i doh need no bigging up from you or yuh online alter egos..capiche?

Yuh feel yuh could come online and play yuh is Cybil and people here dotish or what?

Steups.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 01:21:54 AM »
At least yuh aint hit meh mudder talk dis time...but ah waiting to see yuh comments when d budget come out...I keep telling yuh d word is not capiche is cabbage... Yuh friending ah outside ting call Cybil... :rotfl:  Yuh not easy horse... ;)  Ah find yuh sounding like a Poly man...lol
Ah say it, how ah see it

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 01:25:07 AM »
At least yuh aint hit meh mudder talk dis time...but ah waiting to see yuh comments when d budget come out...I keep telling yuh d word is not capiche is cabbage... Yuh friending ah outside ting call Cybil... :rotfl:  Yuh not easy horse... ;)  Ah find yuh sounding like a Poly man...lol

I am a Trinity man!

You and your comments are about as useful as a windshield wiper on a goat's ass.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 01:31:22 AM »
A Moka bushboy giving me talks...lol :rotfl:  How is your golf game buddy??? ;D....anyway yuh is a boss... as a say let we see Jack Budget and we go see how much money we could allocate to Trinity assuming they still playing in D North Zone.
Ah say it, how ah see it

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2006, 01:37:25 AM »
A Moka bushboy giving me talks...lol :rotfl:  How is your golf game buddy??? ;D....anyway yuh is a boss... as a say let we see Jack Budget and we go see how much money we could allocate to Trinity assuming they still playing in D North Zone.

Do you play golf in bushes?  Nope yuh dumb ass.

Hey your head so far up your ass, you could chew yuh food twice!

Not bad for a Trinity Scholar ent?  Yuh still feel Jack should get de Trinity Cross  Sybil?

Yuh find ah is ah borse now?  What make yuh and yuh alter ego change allyuh minds?

Reveal it all Sybil..its good for de soul!

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2006, 01:43:02 AM »
Don't make me over....now that you know how I adore you... ;D.... :mackdaddy:
Ah say it, how ah see it

truetrini

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2006, 01:44:20 AM »
which one? 1, 2. 3 or you?

lol
ah jes glad yuh finally learn something and see de light.

be honest...admit it!

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2006, 01:50:41 AM »
Ah go see d light..when ah see d Budget.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 02:04:28 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2006, 05:30:55 AM »
Warner - Sour Grapes, Sour Puss,

When your back is against the wall, just last out.

Lil Boy tatics..

Offline lihalquay

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2006, 06:14:29 AM »
I think it is sad that this has now become a political football.  When party politics come into play, common sense goes out the window.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2006, 06:36:26 AM »
Now he dont want no Govt money....hmmmm

That is like yuh take your car to the mechanic for a tune up and when is time to pay he tell yuh $10000, and yuh is like wheeeeey!!!! 

"$10000 for a tune up can i get a receipt"
"yuh want a damn receipt, stueeps, never mind yes, just pay meh for the oil and labour and go your way"

something fishy bout that!!!!!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2006, 07:24:04 AM »
Obviously they will do it on their own. The money they receiving from FIFA for is more than enough for preparation. This was stated all along, but nah Jack wanted 15 mil US sorry 30 mil US or excuse me 50 mil.  :angel:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2006, 08:26:39 AM »
  Who vex, vex —
Warner hits out at UNC critics

By RIA TAITT

UNC Deputy Political Leader Jack Warner has stoutly defended the report of the inquiry into the recount of ballots for the post of Vice-Chairman in the UNC’s October election. “Who vex, vex. I have a job to do for the party and I will do it,” said Warner, who also revealed that he was proposing to give less time to his football work as his political work “was heating up.” Warner was appointed the sole commissioner of an inquiry following a recount in which the original winner Gerald Yetming was displaced and Vasant Bharath emerged victorious. Warner claimed that criticism from some of his former “Progressive” colleagues that his report was a sham and a “cover-up” was pure sour grapes. “If it (the report) had said something else, it would not have been a sham. If it had gone another way, it would’ve been fine. Some of these guys are hiding behind smokescreens. There are people who wanted a particular result. But you see me, I have no axe to grind. So they are disappointed and therefore they have construed the report as mere sham and theatre,” he said.

The above excerpt is from an article in yesterday's Newday. It underlines JW's posturing yesterday. He stated yesterday that the TTFF was broke, and he was paying their bills. They also had $2M due on  December 31, 2005 (now past due).If he and the TTFF :devil: cant pay their debts, where is the $50M TT coming from to fund the WC adventure, and would he accept Gov't funding after the WC? Would he also fund Project 2014?
Well the last election was in 2001, so elections are soon due. JW in his role as UNC vice-chairman has cast  the die, and decided that the Soca Warriors train is going to give the political wind to the UNC sails. Maybe part of the UNC campaign funding would be sourced to fund the WC  :devil:  ???
Live large and prosper!

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2006, 08:31:25 AM »
ah hope he also talking bout TSTT and Lottery money not also welcome.

Preach tongue man preach........ :rotfl:

Jakc quick to open he arse but he is an ungrateful bi.... ah tellin yuh . Dais why Government should leave he arse to spend all he money on TTFF .

spend , spend , spend till yuh pocket brok . :rotfl:
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2006, 08:33:38 AM »
Ent Carib give them 10 million to..
Faster than a speeding pittbull