May 17, 2024, 07:42:34 PM

Author Topic: T&T party after defeat, fans consider boycott  (Read 16172 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: T&T party after defeat, fans consider boycott
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2009, 07:24:21 AM »
when i read this sort of nonsense... it does be hard to make arguement when them youth with dual citizenship blank we, we is ah bunch of fackin jokers.

i can understand them fellas relaxing abit before game to get the nerves sorted, but after a beating like that, them out partying, and worse yet them partying with the fans they now let down. lets face it, we think we love we football... we think! but we eh serious, players and fans alike iz jokers
Breds yuh taking the thing out of context, from what the ppl who was there said, the men and dem wasn't partying .

they had ah meet and greet for the players and fans , and the least they could've done was meet with the fans and sign A. take pictures etc. i doh see nothing wrong wid dat, it's not like the men and dem was drinking and whinning down the place.
Tell dem again Just Cool
I am very curious as to know why this is not being comprehended by some on here...is their disappointment about the final result affecting what they read
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2009, 07:31:19 AM »
The players were all disappointed, embarrassed and shocked by the loss which also contributed to why they didn't come over and acknowledge the fans after the final whistle.
did anybody ever give thought to the fact that maybe 'camp' was done after the game and players were released to their own devices?
I think there is a difference between a 'party' and a 'lime', the local players werent at the 'lime'.
I didn't want to say this but there seems to be a disconect between the local based and foreign based players (no more comment there).
I kinda felt sorry for fellas like DT and AW who were kinda slighted by the fans cuase evrybody want to gallery with the bigger stars.
On another note, if allyuh think is just players contracts could get affected by comments here think again.
Some of the players themselves not too impressed by what goes on here either (no more comment either).
well maybe the "meet and greet" was not a party so to speak.......terminology tying up some

and to fellas like DT and AW, there will always be those players on any team that are the unsung heroes, so just keep up the hard work and doin what you do best
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2009, 09:26:52 AM »
The players were all disappointed, embarrassed and shocked by the loss which also contributed to why they didn't come over and acknowledge the fans after the final whistle.
did anybody ever give thought to the fact that maybe 'camp' was done after the game and players were released to their own devices?
I think there is a difference between a 'party' and a 'lime', the local players werent at the 'lime'.
I didn't want to say this but there seems to be a disconect between the local based and foreign based players (no more comment there).
I kinda felt sorry for fellas like DT and AW who were kinda slighted by the fans cuase evrybody want to gallery with the bigger stars.
On another note, if allyuh think is just players contracts could get affected by comments here think again.
Some of the players themselves not too impressed by what goes on here either (no more comment either).
well maybe the "meet and greet" was not a party so to speak.......terminology tying up some

and to fellas like DT and AW, there will always be those players on any team that are the unsung heroes, so just keep up the hard work and doin what you do best
yeah thats why we tried to motivate them in de lil small talk and yuh know make them feel a part of the whole
yuh couldnt help but feel ahow for them
dem fellas coulda play how much shit, yuh think anybody woulda had the gall to bitch at them 1 on 1..not even Disgruntled i say lol
yes it does go both ways but dem fellas is we heroes and representing we,
i still glad i went to the game, even though it take a good half hour to vent bout wasting good money  :)
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

truetrini

« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2009, 09:47:12 AM »
Partying after a loss like that is akin to partying with de men who spend all dat money on de Brian Lara Stadium.

We always too easy to get placated with ah party.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2009, 10:49:40 AM »
Partying after a loss like that is akin to partying with de men who spend all dat money on de Brian Lara Stadium.

Nonsense.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2009, 11:08:30 AM »

Nonsense.

If is nonsense again....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2009, 11:28:49 AM »
I went to the game, took two days off work and drive for 10 hrs each way, so i ent go lie, I went to soak in de entire experience. Well as for the game, dat was a different story, but sticking to the matter at hand. I went to the hotel after the game and the players were depressed, is de first time I ever see Dwight so down for a man who's always smiling and showing he pearly whites. One ah we players told me "doh worry, we go qualify" (rather bold statement) and that something is going to change in the camp, he didn't want to get into too much detail bc it was it was after de players locker room talk and I could respect dat, if dey wanted to keep it in house....he too was gutted and embarassed but humble in his expressions. I thought the few fans who showed up to meet them definately lifted their spirits.
I went to the lime afterwards, like I said I drove 10 hrs each way so I was taking en everything and whey I living de place I does hear soca is in meh car. During de session 6 players came through, and from what I saw earlier they really needed to unwind. I'm sure they were highly embarassed coming in there but de promoter guranteed de players were going to be there so some came, he didn't lie :beermug:. Never the less the mingled with the fans, ppl rush tuh take pics with dem whole night (I can see that being fraustrating after a while) but they never turned anyone down, and was cool with everybodyh. I even see a man drag he gyal to wine up on Carlos, bess ting tuh boot and ah say nah dis man mad....but Carlos showed some respect and give she a "social wine" but if it was me it mighta been a different story  :angel:.
In spite ah de loss, I not really mad at dem fellas for showing up, dey still came and hung out and mingled with the fans despite the poor performance. I didn't think they had a don't care attitude about their performance and the result but to me they were trying to let off some steam after an emotionally draining day and I can understand dat. What I care about is how we show up to play as a team and the effort we put forth on de field.....Not Acceptable!!! And some thing or things have to change now for the next game. Mexico done making changes already and is dem fellas we have next....who ever making decisions fuh de team in terms of player selection, team preparation, head coach, etc. shoulda ah be inside wuking dat night because it starts at the top and they hold the ultimate responsibility for our team and the personnel they put in place.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2009, 01:12:23 PM »
I went to the game, took two days off work and drive for 10 hrs each way, so i ent go lie, I went to soak in de entire experience.
is 10 hours ya say there
oh gaum, THAT is plenty driving papayoooh
 :applause: :applause:
dah musbe bout 800 miles one way

and thanks for your perspective
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 01:23:29 PM by Pavlov »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2009, 02:33:29 PM »
I went to the game, took two days off work and drive for 10 hrs each way, so i ent go lie, I went to soak in de entire experience. Well as for the game, dat was a different story, but sticking to the matter at hand. I went to the hotel after the game and the players were depressed, is de first time I ever see Dwight so down for a man who's always smiling and showing he pearly whites. One ah we players told me "doh worry, we go qualify" (rather bold statement) and that something is going to change in the camp, he didn't want to get into too much detail bc it was it was after de players locker room talk and I could respect dat, if dey wanted to keep it in house....he too was gutted and embarassed but humble in his expressions. I thought the few fans who showed up to meet them definately lifted their spirits.
I went to the lime afterwards, like I said I drove 10 hrs each way so I was taking en everything and whey I living de place I does hear soca is in meh car. During de session 6 players came through, and from what I saw earlier they really needed to unwind. I'm sure they were highly embarassed coming in there but de promoter guranteed de players were going to be there so some came, he didn't lie :beermug:. Never the less the mingled with the fans, ppl rush tuh take pics with dem whole night (I can see that being fraustrating after a while) but they never turned anyone down, and was cool with everybodyh. I even see a man drag he gyal to wine up on Carlos, bess ting tuh boot and ah say nah dis man mad....but Carlos showed some respect and give she a "social wine" but if it was me it mighta been a different story  :angel:.
In spite ah de loss, I not really mad at dem fellas for showing up, dey still came and hung out and mingled with the fans despite the poor performance. I didn't think they had a don't care attitude about their performance and the result but to me they were trying to let off some steam after an emotionally draining day and I can understand dat. What I care about is how we show up to play as a team and the effort we put forth on de field.....Not Acceptable!!! And some thing or things have to change now for the next game. Mexico done making changes already and is dem fellas we have next....who ever making decisions fuh de team in terms of player selection, team preparation, head coach, etc. shoulda ah be inside wuking dat night because it starts at the top and they hold the ultimate responsibility for our team and the personnel they put in place.

Good post bredda, appreciate it
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2009, 02:42:59 PM »
i tired of hearing this foolishness about the coach the coach. Maturana or any other coach could only do so much . F that if u are considered a professional soccer player then at some point they have to play like it and have some self pride. anybody who watch trini games for the last couple of years will know that the problem  is lack of effort on the field. i challenge anyone to watch trini games compare to any of the top teams in the world and watch how hard the run on plays or to close down opponents. they just run like the y omn the training ground twenty four seven.  so at this point ya'll could say what allyuh want all them players is shit and i see for my self that Jones is highly overrated he has no ball control on anything he is one dimentional if he can't header the ball he is shit. I would like to aknowledge Lawrence for i saw his effort on the deffensive front. other than that pure shit stains
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2009, 04:17:10 PM »
WarriorKing I agree with what you say....players too need to take some responsibility but if KJ as you say is overated and has no touch, then don't play KJ or anyone else who don't give full effort....because it's the coach who ends up looking bad in the end. My question to you is why did the team look organized, well prepared and gave full effort under Beenie and not Mats?
My opinion is our team need a coach who takes full charge of the team and makes is own decisions despite what anyone says media or public), one who's not afraid to call out a player for not performing but at the same time will praise players for playing with purpose, one who can prepare us to utilize our strengths while improving on our weaknesses. A no nonsense coach who will always have their players back, in the likes of Beenie, Jose Murinho or even Pat Summit (I know she's women's basketball) but that woman had her team practicing the next day after they lost in the NCAA tournament because she claimed the other team wanted it more and that's the kind of individual our team needs in charge. Again that's my perspective and if you disagree, respect still  :beermug:

Online Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »
I went to the game, took two days off work and drive for 10 hrs each way, so i ent go lie, I went to soak in de entire experience....

decent post bredda,yuh beat meh by one hour on the length of your drive, thanks too for more clarification on the lime afterwards....though ah thought somebody say was only 3 men went, anyway with de hundred-and-one different posts lately maybe ah read it wrong.

I hope dat player dat tell yuh dat things will change in camp is a solid player dat de new coach will keep around ;)

Also thanks for taking de time to respectfully explain to Warriorking dat de coach does indeed hold a huge responsibility on what 'he' team does on de field, ah glad yuh mention Beenie too, because as we well know (and as will happen soon enough) men who was automatic starters and (ahem) captain for Bertille couldn't even be a waterboy for Beenie.

Also on a related note, it really takes on kinds yes, so de man bring he gyul for Carlos to take a lil wine on eh...doh play with the dat popular legal drug called alohol nah.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 04:54:33 PM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2009, 05:06:15 PM »

Nonsense.

If is nonsense again....

Level toots

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2009, 07:32:38 PM »
If Wolfe playin LB is d goat aka d coach aka dumbtist
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jumbonut$

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2009, 09:54:47 PM »
I now get a chance to sit down and read all the bachannal on here about after party this and players aint care that.
Leh meh ask allyuh something; which one ah allyuh was dey to talk to the players them after their dismal performance? Allyuh think they was happy about it? STEUPPPPS.. Well I know them fellas personally and I could tell yuh this, they were very distraught about their performances. Allyuh bawling they dont care and all kinda nonesense, well tell me what allyuh think they should have done after a performance like that to show that they care?.. STEUPS.. How allyuh does deal with allyuh dissappointments; sit down in allyuh room and sulk? Everybody have their own manner of dealing with their dissapointments. Allyuh have to remember that most ah these fellas have other issues too may it be with their respective clubs, family or whatever. This team was together for approximatley a week and a half. Within that 9 days they played 2 WC qualifiers, travelled for bout 10 hours and well obviously trained. The sacrifice they make for our country is commendable yet still some are allyuh talking bout BOYCOTT because some ah the men and them went ah lime with some fans..
STEUPS.. Come on nah people. Them fellas sacrficing alot and it is unfair when their own fans thinking bout boycotting because of the way they choice to deal with their unfavorable performance. STEUPS that is why people does say that trinis are a set of BANDWAGGONIST!!

We need to rally behind this team now is we want them to successfully secure a spot in the 2010 WC. Boycotting is for the ignorant people.. Are we really Socawarriors as we claim?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2009, 05:10:59 AM »
Dis issue make mih realise that sometimes if you not on spot to see with your own 2 eyes, what you read and hear in de media could be very misleading....
I didn't post more on the topic before now because I was having internet trouble.  I remember when we walked into the "meet and greet" we were wondering where were the players.  It was as if they had to be coaxed out of their rooms to come to the reception.  And they didn't look very happy at all, in fact despondent would be the correct term. 
It was only after the people/fans gathered started talking to them and asking for pics and autographs did some lighten up a bit.

Moral of the story:  Doh believe everything you read or hear in the media....

Now on the topic of boycott, I considering it if dey doh get rid of that dentist parading as a coach!!.... >:(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2009, 07:19:33 AM »

dose fans musbe Disgruntled posse :devil:

dance puppets........DANCE!!!

Més que un club.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2009, 07:33:13 AM »
Dis issue make mih realise that sometimes if you not on spot to see with your own 2 eyes, what you read and hear in de media could be very misleading....
I didn't post more on the topic before now because I was having internet trouble.  I remember when we walked into the "meet and greet" we were wondering where were the players.  It was as if they had to be coaxed out of their rooms to come to the reception.  And they didn't look very happy at all, in fact despondent would be the correct term. 
It was only after the people/fans gathered started talking to them and asking for pics and autographs did some lighten up a bit.

Now on the topic of boycott, I considering it if dey doh get rid of that dentist parading as a coach!!.... >:(

i endorse your sentiments!!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2009, 08:54:02 AM »
Totally agree with you brownsugar, and to add, it was not just the players who actually played that was down, but the whole team, men who ent get no sweat, local, foreign based etc:

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2009, 09:13:33 AM »

When I read the story and some of the responses here I was wondering where this shit come from.  I can understand how the uninformed can draw the conclusion that the players don't care.  But given explanations from those who were on hand I can't see the reason for continued ignorance.  The players are humans like we all are.  Our culture is one that is blessed with the ability to overcome things quickly whether it be thru jokes partying or argument.  The players could never be happy with what occured, but nevertheless they gave of themselves at a moment when many of us mighta say F dat me eh in no mood fuh dah nah!!  They were expected to appear at the event based on what was advertised and they showed class by being there despite how they must have felt.  Initially I was on the fence wanting to question their choice, but in retrospect I honestly feel they needed that. 

Jumbonuts thanks to you and your peoples for putting on the event because de vibes was good.  Nexx time ah go deal wid yuh selector earlier doh lol.

Offline jumbonut$

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2009, 10:48:17 AM »

When I read the story and some of the responses here I was wondering where this shit come from.  I can understand how the uninformed can draw the conclusion that the players don't care.  But given explanations from those who were on hand I can't see the reason for continued ignorance.  The players are humans like we all are.  Our culture is one that is blessed with the ability to overcome things quickly whether it be thru jokes partying or argument.  The players could never be happy with what occured, but nevertheless they gave of themselves at a moment when many of us mighta say F dat me eh in no mood fuh dah nah!!  They were expected to appear at the event based on what was advertised and they showed class by being there despite how they must have felt.  Initially I was on the fence wanting to question their choice, but in retrospect I honestly feel they needed that. 

Jumbonuts thanks to you and your peoples for putting on the event because de vibes was good.  Nexx time ah go deal wid yuh selector earlier doh lol.

Aint nothing man.. I just glad everyone came out and were able to enjoy themselves despite the dissapointment we faced earlier that night. Big up to Tallman, Feliziano, Brownsugar, Preacher, Optimus Prime, all other forumites present and most of all the players that came through.

As for muh selector he appreciate any assistance given man..lolol.. Big up!!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2009, 11:24:32 AM »
Jumbonut$ good session bro, I had a good time I re-connected friends I haven't seen in years, met some the forumites and hear some good music :beermug:. In spite of what happened that trip was worth it to me....now is time for we team to start to play some football cause ah cyar sit down and watch another performance like dat!

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2009, 11:26:42 AM »
What all dis fuss about (4 pages).  Look World Cup is every four years but aTrini lime is when next we meet.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline jumbonut$

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2009, 01:46:52 PM »
Jumbonut$ good session bro, I had a good time I re-connected friends I haven't seen in years, met some the forumites and hear some good music :beermug:. In spite of what happened that trip was worth it to me....now is time for we team to start to play some football cause ah cyar sit down and watch another performance like dat!

No scene soccerman just glad that everyone that made the trip was able to enjoy themselves. Also I with yuh when yuh say ah cyah sit down and watch another performance like dat.. Fellas time to fight like true Socawarriors; that is the only way we would make it to South Africa 2010!! Bless up!!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2009, 03:38:08 PM »
 _

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2009, 05:49:01 PM »
_
Babalawo, is ah DASH you post there?

That HARSH man :D :D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2009, 10:44:13 AM »
Is my fault. :)  I drive 1800 + miles by myself.  Sour after the game and still buy dem fellas beers at the after party.  On the contrary, watching dem upclose after the lost gave me more respect for them.  They want to do the nation proud.  So i not fighting down we own people.  Like Brownsuger say if you wasn't there how you go know.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2009, 01:24:56 PM »
Is my fault. :)  I drive 1800 + miles by myself.  Sour after the game and still buy dem fellas beers at the after party.  On the contrary, watching dem upclose after the lost gave me more respect for them.  They want to do the nation proud.  So i not fighting down we own people.  Like Brownsuger say if you wasn't there how you go know.

:beermug:
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline sebro2

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2009, 10:15:01 PM »
The men could do what they want as long as they show up to work when it's time to work and their lifestyle does not affect their performance...I remember Sergio Ramos from Spain partying during the Euros and coach ain do him nuttin cuz he still performing...work was done so these fellas were on their own time and is not likr it was the nite before the game or sumting...we stressin too much but dis

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2009, 07:57:19 AM »

:beermug:
ban him. next thing he put something in them drinks.

1]; } ?>