May 17, 2024, 01:49:59 AM

Author Topic: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.  (Read 149106 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: April 9, D-day for Maturana
« Reply #750 on: April 03, 2009, 01:03:33 PM »
Does anybody have any suggestions about which quality coach is available for the job???

At dis pt once he worse than d incumbent tings go b lookin up.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 03, 2009, 01:21:51 PM »
I just concerned about Latas from this point of view: Didn't he just give up "a lot" at Falkirk to join de Warriors coaching staff. So with the possible introduction of a new coach, way dat leave Latas now. I just hope he don't get left by d wayside and have to go back Falkirk with he tail between he legs. But yuh know what, he shoulda know better dealin with Jack. I just hope Latas eh left out butt naked in d cold.
Toujour Pret!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 03, 2009, 01:24:56 PM »
I just concerned about Latas from this point of view: Didn't he just give up "a lot" at Falkirk to join de Warriors coaching staff. So with the possible introduction of a new coach, way dat leave Latas now. I just hope he don't get left by d wayside and have to go back Falkirk with he tail between he legs. But yuh know what, he shoulda know better dealin with Jack. I just hope Latas eh left out butt naked in d cold.

Dat is d risk of goin in bed wit Jack and I  :praying: dat he consider dat when he agree 2 give up what he had in Scotland.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 03, 2009, 01:25:11 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.  :-\ That go be a real sad story.  :(
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 03, 2009, 01:29:35 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.  :-\ That go be a real sad story.  :(

Sad but very possible story

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana must face the music
« Reply #755 on: April 03, 2009, 02:09:47 PM »
incite
–verb (used with object), -cit⋅ed, -cit⋅ing.
to stir, encourage, or urge on; stimulate or prompt to action: to incite a crowd to riot.

( :whistling: :whistling: )2

the message was ok but the mode was kinda negative
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 02:11:39 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 03, 2009, 02:43:12 PM »
imagine we team just get embarassed and they  have to hold a meeting to fire this joker .... Why don't he just resign and done ....... quit nuh man >:(  .. I think he see trinis as chupid people .. he lorse to bermuda and still have wuk we out get knock ah the digicel and he still have wuk....
while   Sven get scaked in honduras .... Even burrell fire simoes  in honduras  also!!  he went straight to brazil from honduras ...
maturana should have been boarding a flight to bogota or cali colombia after that game
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 03, 2009, 02:47:01 PM »
imagine we team just get embarassed and they  have to hold a meeting to fire this joker .... Why don't he just resign and done ....... quit nuh man >:(  .. I think he see trinis as chupid people .. he lorse to bermuda and still have wuk we out get knock ah the digicel and he still have wuk....
while   Sven get scaked in honduras .... Even burrell fire simoes  in honduras  also!!  he went straight to brazil from honduras ...
maturana should have been boarding a flight to bogota or cali colombia after that game

D man want d money is d easiest money he evr make. Y jump when u can b pushed. He know is jokers he dealin wit.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 03, 2009, 02:52:58 PM »
BRUCE Arena- We need an american Coach who will deliver structure and fitness to this team. He also knows CONCACAF. Plus he has a proven track record. Talk about Discipline- bruce is the man. We like USA in all other things - Why not a coach/

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 03, 2009, 02:53:20 PM »

Nah he board ah flight with ah couple people from Trinibago (fans), they offer him drink and ting on de plane after the game back to Trinidad. :-X
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 02:55:46 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 03, 2009, 05:08:42 PM »
mods allyuh do someting bout that pic ah maturana on de homepage bah,ah cyar stand to look at he,dat pic makin he look like one arrogant c**t.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 03, 2009, 05:39:17 PM »
Bruce Arena???!!!!!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 03, 2009, 05:55:22 PM »
mods allyuh do someting bout that pic ah maturana on de homepage bah,ah cyar stand to look at he,dat pic makin he look like one arrogant c**t.

hahahahaha  :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 03, 2009, 05:57:43 PM »
How about this guy

;D
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 03, 2009, 06:02:09 PM »
what is quite clear is we need a rel top coach , with no bais .
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: April 03, 2009, 07:25:25 PM »
Good article Lasana... harsh, but tempered at the same time.  Very good.

The Escobar reference was unfortunate though... that could have been left alone.

(unlikely that something like that would ever happen... but you never know, no need to give anyone ideas.)

I agree with you, the Escobar reference was in poor taste. Otherwise I liked the article.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 03, 2009, 08:07:45 PM »
How about this guy

;D
I would love that trust meh, but i don't think we stand ah chance in landing him. plus wim would warn him about working for jack.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Maturana is to Trinidad as Juande Ramos was to Tottenham!
« Reply #767 on: April 04, 2009, 12:11:14 AM »
I was browsing the net and now thought of this, Maturana is to Trinidad as Juande Ramos was to Tottenham!

Juande Ramos was looked at as a coaching genius after what he did with Sevilla, but went to Tottenham and laid an absolute EGG, and if he stayed on, they MOST LIKELY would have gotten relegated at the end of the season.

Likewise, Mr. Maturana had a pedigree as a very successful and very well respected coach, but since his arrival in T&T up until now, has been mostly laying eggs along the way, and and astoundingly and even paradoxically, to us outside observers it seems as if the team is progressively getting worse! That is some feat to achieve for a respected coach, I am awed!

When you look at the present situation with Trinidad under coach Maturana, and the situation Tottenham was in under Juande Ramos, the similarities between the two is really amazing and explains alot.

Two well respected and successful coaches who speak Spanish and coach English-speaking teams but cannot speak said teams' language. All the press and info that came out of Tottenham identified that-the coach's inability to speak English, which caused communications breakdowns, made him unable to form relationships and understanding with players- thereby building respect, and inability to fully communicate views and coaching to players on the fly.

Just as Juande Ramos' inability to speak English contributed greatly to his coaching tenure at Tottenham being an absolute nightmare for the club, so too Maturana's inability to speak English and his refusal to learn it has greatly contributed to his his tenure being a nightmare for this country.

Just as Juande Ramos' lack of knowledge of the English game was a contributing factor in his spectacular failure in England, so to Francisco Maturana's lack of knowledge of Concacaf teams and his failure or unwillingness to scout our opponents and relay the information(once again the language barrier comes into play) on each of their players and a game plan to our team allowed USA to walk all over us, and Landon Donovan and Jozy Altidore to run ole mas, without receiving the special attention a proper game plan would have called for. Perhaps the team's utter lack of organisation and Maturana's failure to select our best players and best team is partly caused by a (or many) breakdown in communication because of the language barrier.( Giving Maturana the benefit of the doubt here, lol)

Just like Juande Ramos proved his coaching ability by greatly lifting a faultering Real Madrid team after his humiliation and utter failure at Tottenham, so too Maturana may have great success with team from South America after. What this shows, is that even though a man may be a good coach generally, a good number of variables could come together in such a way that results in him not being a good coach for a particular team at a particular time, or in fact being a nightmarishly bad coach. Sticking with such a coach may spell doom for the coach and the team, while, as Juande Ramos' example has shown, parting with such a coach in most cases results in a better aftermath for both parties.

Also what his example has shown, is that parting too late can still spell doom for the team, look at Tottenham now, they're desperately trying stay out of the relegation zone, and they've had tens of games to get it right. We do not have that luxury in our World Cup Qualifying, but just 7 games left.

Well, thats turned out longer than I expected, I came into this telling myself I going to make sure this is only one or two lines,lol. Anyways, what do you fellas(and ladies) think?

Take care out there peeps. :beermug:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 12:47:24 AM by Peter »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana is to Trinidad as Juande Ramos was to Tottenham!
« Reply #768 on: April 04, 2009, 04:25:45 AM »

Just as Juande Ramos' lack of knowledge of the English game was a contributing factor in his spectacular failure in England, so to Francisco Maturana's lack of knowledge of Concacaf teams and his failure or unwillingness to scout our opponents and relay the information(once again the language barrier comes into play) on each of their players and a game plan to our team allowed USA to walk all over us, and Landon Donovan and Jozy Altidore to run ole mas, without receiving the special attention a proper game plan would have called for. Perhaps the team's utter lack of organisation and Maturana's failure to select our best players and best team is partly caused by a (or many) breakdown in communication because of the language barrier.( Giving Maturana the benefit of the doubt here, lol)

So u seriously think that Maturana didnt scout our opposition? lol

Come on man!! This is taking it too far!! All teams in the HEX are properly scouted, its just in some cases, the players didnt execute!

Maturana's decisions more often than not tend to baffle me, but do u have an idea what his record is as Trinidad and Tobago coach?  Surf the net and learn that England and Bermuda (in that one off anomally match) are the only teams to get the better of us in 20 games at home.

Ramos time at Tottenham was a nightmare, not Maturana's time here. 

We went to Cuba and beat them there 3-1, while USA won 1-0 and Guatemala lost 2-1.

We went to a place where we lost 5-1 in the last campaign but this time we drew 0-0 with ten men.

Our record against Central American teams has improved significantly, and quite frankly, they will be our competition in the HEX, not the USA.

No one gives Maturana credit for anythnig!! We played El Salvador off the park in the first match (first 70 mins) and there was no Lasana Libird article commenting about that, especially as it was in a place that we normally lose. 

When the team does well, its because of Latas and Yorke's imput, but when they lose or dont play well, fire de coach....lol.

At this stage in the last campaign, we played two games at home and one away and had only one point.

In this campaign, we played one game at home and two away and have 2 points.

If we analyze it further, The games we lost in the last campaign was against USA home and Guatemala away (one of our direct rivals for a spot), while we drew against Costa Rica at home (another direct rival)

In this campaign we lost to USA away (who will beat everyone at home) and drew with El Salvador away (direct rival) and Honduras (direct rival). 

Is this such a bad situation to be in? Knowing fully well that we would have been in third place if Dwight and Stern didnt swap penalty roles in El Salvador? OR is that Maturana's fault as well.

ah love it!!

nb: Let it be known that i am not a fan of this Columbian born TT coach.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 04, 2009, 05:18:37 AM »
Personally I am tired readin about his winnin record as d coach of TNT. I have seen d bulk of those games live and in colour. It just makes me believe that sport like life ain't fair. D team eh lookin good and continues 2 play poorly. Therefore we will not reach even reach South Quay wit dis fella.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 04, 2009, 05:31:02 AM »
We and we play guyana about 5 times in them 20 home games
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:53:43 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 04, 2009, 06:40:04 AM »

So u seriously think that Maturana didnt scout our opposition? lol

Come on man!! This is taking it too far!! All teams in the HEX are properly scouted, its just in some cases, the players didnt execute!

Maturana's decisions more often than not tend to baffle me, but do u have an idea what his record is as Trinidad and Tobago coach?  Surf the net and learn that England and Bermuda (in that one off anomally match) are the only teams to get the better of us in 20 games at home.

Ramos time at Tottenham was a nightmare, not Maturana's time here. 

We went to Cuba and beat them there 3-1, while USA won 1-0 and Guatemala lost 2-1.

We went to a place where we lost 5-1 in the last campaign but this time we drew 0-0 with ten men.

Our record against Central American teams has improved significantly, and quite frankly, they will be our competition in the HEX, not the USA.

No one gives Maturana credit for anythnig!! We played El Salvador off the park in the first match (first 70 mins) and there was no Lasana Libird article commenting about that, especially as it was in a place that we normally lose. 

When the team does well, its because of Latas and Yorke's imput, but when they lose or dont play well, fire de coach....lol.

At this stage in the last campaign, we played two games at home and one away and had only one point.

In this campaign, we played one game at home and two away and have 2 points.

If we analyze it further, The games we lost in the last campaign was against USA home and Guatemala away (one of our direct rivals for a spot), while we drew against Costa Rica at home (another direct rival)

In this campaign we lost to USA away (who will beat everyone at home) and drew with El Salvador away (direct rival) and Honduras (direct rival). 

Is this such a bad situation to be in? Knowing fully well that we would have been in third place if Dwight and Stern didnt swap penalty roles in El Salvador? OR is that Maturana's fault as well.

ah love it!!

nb: Let it be known that i am not a fan of this Columbian born TT coach.

No brother, I didn't communicate that properly, what I meant to say was"or his inability to properly relay the information scouted." I'm saying his not knowing English meant he couldn't properly communicate his plans,(and thats if the teams were properly scouted in the first place, I'm saying they weren't, I'm just objectively introducing that possibility) because I don't want to believe his plans were so atrocious that Jozy Alitore and Landon Donovan(the man who does always mash we up) couldn't be given special attention. Either he didn't study the USA team and our previous games against them properly, or the US team was properly studied but his plans were flawed, or his plans were brilliant, but he couldn't properly get it across to all the players because of the language barrier- or he didn't drill them in the planned play properly before the game, or the team simply doesn't have respect for him and won't properly take his directions.

I'm just trying to present an objective view on the situation going on now with this team and Mr.Maturana. It probably wasn't really objective, I didn't have the time to read it over. Personally, I think the cause of the USA performance was a little dash of all of the above, and some more.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 04, 2009, 07:19:41 AM »
I agree with Andre Samuel that I'm probably being too harsh(which isn't like me, lol) I also agree that the results haven't been terrible, but the thing is we've had our fair share of luck before, and the performances were hardly ever particularly solid or organised, but our luck ran out and we were exposed for our disorganisation against a polar opposite USA team. It wasn't so much the loss that has people concerned brother, but the manner of the performance.

I absolutely dislike even coming close to calling for a man to lose his job, but sometimes things come together in such a way(stars align) that even a good proven coach could be the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time, resulting in even said good proven coach having a very bad time and being unsuccessful, I think this has happened to Mr.Maturana, and in instances like these its usually best that parties split sooner than later after this is realised, both for the coach's sake n the team's sake. I think if he leaves here he'll most likely have success with his next team, you see it all the time in football.

I could list the factors that probably came together to result in coach Maturana not being able to coax a decent organised and solid performance out of the team regularly(or even put out the best team n players to begin with, but dat is another story), and there are MANY I can think of, but alas I doh have the time now, but one major one I"ll leave you with is, a big breakdown of respect towards him(or sadly was there very much to begin with), both from the players and the authorities.

It really isn't anything personal coach, I'm just looking out for the team's best interest, and being the nice guy that I am, I'm honestly even looking out for YOUR best interest. I honestly felt really happy for Juande Ramos to see the guy successful and happy at Real Madrid, rather than the sullen tortured figure I saw at Tottenham.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 04, 2009, 08:13:07 AM »
The only thing you got wrong is he started laying eggs way before he landed at Piarco International ,hes being fired by lots of ppl over the last few yrs fans hate him in many places .

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #774 on: April 04, 2009, 09:02:38 AM »
The only thing you got wrong is he started laying eggs way before he landed at Piarco International ,hes being fired by lots of ppl over the last few yrs fans hate him in many places .
Yeah. People keep talking bout this great reputation he have. He had success with Colombia, but his reputation otherwise is shit. Dem Costa Ricans on BigSoccer was warning us bout Pacho, offering sympathy and shit.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 04, 2009, 09:03:15 AM »
I had a strong urge to hit him with mih laptop when ah see him in JFK Thursday, had to restrain myself...steups!!

Weary wha you worried about....as long as we play ugly but win....you good yes... steups..::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 04, 2009, 09:04:19 AM »

Bollocks!!
There was no guarantee that Dwight would have scored if he took that penalty instead of Stern!
And so it goes sometimes with penalties, sometimes penalties are missed by the best of players for a variety of factors!
The real reason we lost that game was because of massive coaching blunders!
After Stern’s penalty miss we were still 2 goals up afterall.  All that was required was to change strategy from there on and defend a comfortable 2 goal cushion with less than 15 minutes to go! What does Maturana do? We bring on 2 fresh attackers rather than the logical and safe thing which is to bring on 2 fresh defenders, close up shop & resort to ball possession to run down the clock!
No one to blame but the coach for that lost period!
We would have been on at least 4 points right now and his job would have been safe but the positive I see in how things have transpired is that we will hopefully see the back of Maturana by this Thursday which should drastically better our chances of making it to SA2010 next year and us doing the Caribbean region proud once we get there!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 09:07:08 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 04, 2009, 09:44:13 AM »
Actually D-day is April 8th....Easter weekend nah, the 9th cutting into to people long weekend time....peeps need to fly out and thing for vacation....ah hope Maturana on one of those flights as well.... >:(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline RyanTT

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 04, 2009, 10:09:24 AM »
Yeah He Reall Hadda Go !!!! Break D Bank Jack Mancini Cud Take A Lil 2 year 1 year contract

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 04, 2009, 10:35:41 AM »
At the other flank, Maturana persists with Defence Force player Aklie Edwards although the regiment team clearly consider his namesake, Michael Edwards, to be the better defender-Defence Force coach Kerry Jamerson used Edwards (M) at left back and Edwards (A) at left wing back last season.

I a little confused here.  What's the difference between left back and left wing back?

I assuming dat he means a left wing...and a left back. a wingback is a left back....but overlaps. buh....edwards cyar afford to overlap with keon on dat flank..cuz dahs zero help. In one of the training videos in Nashville....i saw a part where edwards was pushing up in the scrimmage.....now...it seeming more plausible.
        What is it you really trying to say?don't make this thing more complicated than it really is nah,in other words forget the assumption.

Coops i agree, meh head start spinning....ay, allyuh doh mamaguy we, edwards eh have the skill to do no pushing up, no wait ah take that back, he could probably do that in Army scrimmage and de local pro league, not in international football.

Bottom line once Mats gone we need a foreigner who who will take one look at de laborers on dis team and tell dem to go and prepare for de local pro league, yuh know kinda like Beenie do wid certain men nah.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>