May 11, 2024, 07:34:37 AM

Author Topic: Giant TT flag a success.  (Read 29281 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Giant TT flag a success.
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2009, 11:54:49 PM »
Charles, reading from a prepared text, told the media that Fire One Fire Works, the contractor, who has erected a similar flag at their premises in Macoya, had been given the tender to design and construct the flag because of their competitive price, experience with a similar installation as well as the support of their supplier in the United States.

That one just happens to be close to the COE on Fire One's property?
I always thought it was part of COE.

in 2003 "Fire One" was involved in an accident where a fire triggered by fireworks at a MO2BS, Chaguarmas, fete on in which five people were injured.

Basically it seems to be a fireworks company - they must have just outsourced the flag building to the same engineering entity that did their Macoya flag.

They are not on the legal affairs registry either, at least not as "Fire One"

a Yellow Pages has:
Fire One Fireworks FX
P O Box 299 Port of Spain    (868) 662-5261    
Facsimile    (868) 662-6523
http://fireonefx.com/

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 12:07:16 AM by E-man »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2009, 06:16:35 PM »
Charles, reading from a prepared text, told the media that Fire One Fire Works, the contractor, who has erected a similar flag at their premises in Macoya, had been given the tender to design and construct the flag because of their competitive price, experience with a similar installation as well as the support of their supplier in the United States.

That one just happens to be close to the COE on Fire One's property?
I always thought it was part of COE.

U and me both
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2009, 06:03:27 PM »
The newspapers spelt one of the companies wrong.  Apparently the press release from the Min. of Sports spelt it as Phabha Sports....

http://www.made-in-china.com/import-export/ARmnUpxozQrCprofile1/Prabha-Sports.html

Company Name: Prabha Sports
Company Address: 16 Bettey Road, Brampton, Ontario, Canada
City/Town: Brampton
Province/State: Ontario
Country/Region: Canada
Zip/Postal Code: L6P 1T1
Phone Number:  1-905-794-2666       
Fax Number:      1-905-794-1116
Mobile:             1-905-867-5557       
Contact Person (Department): Mr. Rajnesh Walia(Sales and Marketing)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Online petition seeks probe into $2m flag
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2009, 12:29:58 PM »
By Akile Simon (T&T Guardian)

An online petition on the controversial $2 million flag at the Hasely Crawford Stadium calls for an investigation into the tendering process, saying it had “deep reservations” about the cost of the flag. Up to late yesterday, the petition, which is sponsored by someone identified as Patricia Smart, had obtained 220 signatures, via the care2 petitionsite.com.

The site hopes to reach a target of 1,000 signatures. “Let’s show Minister Gary Hunt, the executive chairman of the Sport Company (of T&T) Kenneth Charles and executive director Darren Millien that we (the petitioners) must be accounted to and are not to be treated as fools,” said the petition overview.

In a letter posted on the site and addressed to Minister Hunt, the petitioners have asked that an investigation be conducted into the tender process for the purchase of the flag and that the findings be made public. It says: “Additionally, we note with interest your (Hunt’s) statement that it is your desire to see more flags of this nature around the country. “It is our hope you do not follow through with this plan since we see this as a slap in the face of the citizens of this country.”

The site also called for the disclosure of the cost and tendering for neon lights, which rim the exterior of the stadium. A link to the petition site is being sent to nationals via facebook and other online chat sites. Overshadowed by mounting criticisms over the purchase of the flag, Hunt stood his ground on the issue when he addressed a media conference on November 4, saying it was a worthy investment.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Online petition seeks probe into $2m flag
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2009, 12:33:13 PM »
By Akile Simon (T&T Guardian)

An online petition on the controversial $2 million flag at the Hasely Crawford Stadium calls for an investigation into the tendering process, saying it had “deep reservations” about the cost of the flag. Up to late yesterday, the petition, which is sponsored by someone identified as Patricia Smart, had obtained 220 signatures, via the care2 petitionsite.com.

The site hopes to reach a target of 1,000 signatures. “Let’s show Minister Gary Hunt, the executive chairman of the Sport Company (of T&T) Kenneth Charles and executive director Darren Millien that we (the petitioners) must be accounted to and are not to be treated as fools,” said the petition overview.

In a letter posted on the site and addressed to Minister Hunt, the petitioners have asked that an investigation be conducted into the tender process for the purchase of the flag and that the findings be made public. It says: “Additionally, we note with interest your (Hunt’s) statement that it is your desire to see more flags of this nature around the country. “It is our hope you do not follow through with this plan since we see this as a slap in the face of the citizens of this country.”

The site also called for the disclosure of the cost and tendering for neon lights, which rim the exterior of the stadium. A link to the petition site is being sent to nationals via facebook and other online chat sites. Overshadowed by mounting criticisms over the purchase of the flag, Hunt stood his ground on the issue when he addressed a media conference on November 4, saying it was a worthy investment.

EH EH CUE IWER MEH GYUL REACHHHHHHHHHHH
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2009, 12:34:11 PM »
Who is dis Patricia Smart person??  Yuh ent see allyuh Trinidadians idle...

note I eh mention Tobeegonians eh, lol

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2009, 12:45:58 PM »

:devil:

::)

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2009, 12:47:53 PM »

:devil: :devil:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »

:devil: :devil:

:rotfl:

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2009, 02:00:09 PM »
I know finish reading the article.... Well done girly, well done  :beermug:

Is there a link available for me to put my finger print on this? And I'm sure now it's on the papers more people would be ready and able to do the same....
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 02:04:09 PM by Rookmin »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2009, 02:25:29 PM »
I know finish reading the article.... Well done girly, well done  :beermug:

Is there a link available for me to put my finger print on this? And I'm sure now it's on the papers more people would be ready and able to do the same....

:beermug:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hunt: Fireone made best bid for stadium flag
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2009, 11:52:17 AM »
Hunt: Fireone made best bid for stadium flag
By Juhel Browne (T&T Express)

Sport Minister Gary Hunt says the second closest bid for the large controversial national flag at the Hasely Crawford Stadium that cost taxpayers $2 million was just $275,000 less, but came with no guarantee to deliver the flag and flag pole in time for the Caribbean Games to be held in this country next year.

He did so in response to a motion on the adjournment on the matter raised by Opposition MP Vasant Bharath near the end of Friday’s sitting of the House of Representatives at the Red House, Port of Spain, as he indicated that the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago (SPORTT) saved taxpayers money by contracting Fireone Fireworks to do the job for $2 million.

’Fireone Fireworks-$2 million-guaranteed to install the flag to all building codes, exceeding the standards of Trinidad and Tobago. Guaranteed to install and have all the structures erected within the time period for the Caribbean Games, 15-year guarantee, no downpayments required on the job. Who would you chose?’ Hunt said.

Bharath said America’s Best Flags and Flag poles gave him a quotation of US$28,200 for the type of flag pole and flag now at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

’Madam Deputy Speaker, that is TT$177,600,’ Bharath said.

He noted that SPORTT executive chairman Kenneth Charles had said taxpayers were ’charged $932,400 for the exact same pole’ which amounted to ’525 per cent more than the actual cost’.

Hunt told the Parliament last evening that four suppliers were invited to submit tenders, but the first indicated it was unable to ’produce a flag of that specification’ while another, called Palmer Sports, gave a quotation of $1.156 million excluding installation costs that had no guarantee and required ’100 per cent payment upfront’.

He said the second closest bid was $1.725 million from a firm called Excellent Technology based at Frederick Street, Port of Spain, that came with ’no guarantee’ to deliver the flag and flag pole ’within the work period that we are required to deliver these facilities for the Caribbean Games’ and claimed the company ’had no track record of flag installation at that extent’.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hunt apologises for $2m stadium flag fiasco
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2010, 06:30:23 AM »
Hunt apologises for $2m stadium flag fiasco
By Ria Taitt (T&T Express)

Five months after its erection at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, the Minister of Sports and Youth Affairs, Gary Hunt, has finally bowed to public opinion, conceding that the $2 million flag was a grave error.

In an address to the nation last night, which focused largely on the accomplishments of his ministry, Hunt admitted that while the idea of the flag was noble, it went all wrong ’in its implementation’. Furthermore, he gave an undertaking to the country that never would this happen again.

’My fellow citizens, although the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs continues to make great strides and has enjoyed considerable success, we have not always got it right. There have been a few missteps along the way and one of these has been the construction of a national flag at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. The proposal to erect a national symbol at a facility that bears the name of our only Olympic gold medallist was a noble one but there were errors in its implementation,’ Hunt said.

’We have heard the public’s concerns and have acted appropriately. I have since directed the Sports Company to adjust its systems and policies to ensure that nothing like this occurs in the future. A national flag should never become the source of conflict and controversy and I wish to assure the national community that it will not happen again.’

This is a major turnaround for Hunt, who, at a press conference held with senior members of the Sports Company in September last year, stoutly defended the decision to erect the flag. He said then that he had received tremendous support on his Facebook on the issue.

But in reality, the flag has never gone down well with the population and the matter has continued to provoke criticism and has even been the subject of negative comments in calypso.

Hunt’s shift in position also comes amidst a growing sense of unease within the PNM, having regard to what has transpired within the Opposition UNC and the emergence of Kamla Persad-Bissessar as a bright new star in the political firmament.

In his address, Hunt said it was clear that the country was on the verge of a golden era of sport in Trinidad and Tobago.

’The many successes that we have enjoyed in the last two years are just the tip of the iceberg and the best is yet to come,’ he said.

He said the ministry recently finalised a comprehensive and systematic plan for the future development of sport entitled ’The Way - Pathways to Sporting Excellence’.

’I am confident that this new plan will take Trinidad and Tobago to the highest levels of international sporting glory,’ he added.

Hunt announced that the Sports Commission would be established soon and that the ’highly successful Elite Athlete Assistance Programme’ would be expanded ’to include an even larger base of talented citizens’.

In terms of youth development, Hunt said Government intends to implement 48 more sustainable community youth programmes throughout the country this year.

Saying, however, that Government recognises ’that more work needs to be done’, Hunt said, ’I wish to assure the national community that we shall not shirk this responsibility. Working together with communities, youth groups, schools, as well as our national sporting organisations, I have no doubt that we will scale even greater heights in the months and years ahead.’

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Hunt apologises for $2m stadium flag fiasco.
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2010, 06:53:50 AM »
Hunt apologises for $2m stadium flag fiasco.
By Ria Taitt Political Editor.

We got it wrong

Five months after its erection at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, the Minister of Sports and Youth Affairs, Gary Hunt, has finally bowed to public opinion, conceding that the $2 million flag was a grave error.

In an address to the nation last night, which focused largely on the accomplishments of his ministry, Hunt admitted that while the idea of the flag was noble, it went all wrong ’in its implementation’. Furthermore, he gave an undertaking to the country that never would this happen again.

’My fellow citizens, although the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs continues to make great strides and has enjoyed considerable success, we have not always got it right. There have been a few missteps along the way and one of these has been the construction of a national flag at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. The proposal to erect a national symbol at a facility that bears the name of our only Olympic gold medallist was a noble one but there were errors in its implementation,’ Hunt said.

’We have heard the public’s concerns and have acted appropriately. I have since directed the Sports Company to adjust its systems and policies to ensure that nothing like this occurs in the future. A national flag should never become the source of conflict and controversy and I wish to assure the national community that it will not happen again.’

This is a major turnaround for Hunt, who, at a press conference held with senior members of the Sports Company in September last year, stoutly defended the decision to erect the flag. He said then that he had received tremendous support on his Facebook on the issue.

But in reality, the flag has never gone down well with the population and the matter has continued to provoke criticism and has even been the subject of negative comments in calypso.

Hunt’s shift in position also comes amidst a growing sense of unease within the PNM, having regard to what has transpired within the Opposition UNC and the emergence of Kamla Persad-Bissessar as a bright new star in the political firmament.

In his address, Hunt said it was clear that the country was on the verge of a golden era of sport in Trinidad and Tobago.

’The many successes that we have enjoyed in the last two years are just the tip of the iceberg and the best is yet to come,’ he said.

He said the ministry recently finalised a comprehensive and systematic plan for the future development of sport entitled ’The Way - Pathways to Sporting Excellence’.

’I am confident that this new plan will take Trinidad and Tobago to the highest levels of international sporting glory,’ he added.

Hunt announced that the Sports Commission would be established soon and that the ’highly successful Elite Athlete Assistance Programme’ would be expanded ’to include an even larger base of talented citizens’.

In terms of youth development, Hunt said Government intends to implement 48 more sustainable community youth programmes throughout the country this year.

Saying, however, that Government recognises ’that more work needs to be done’, Hunt said, ’I wish to assure the national community that we shall not shirk this responsibility. Working together with communities, youth groups, schools, as well as our national sporting organisations, I have no doubt that we will scale even greater heights in the months and years ahead.’
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2010, 06:56:47 AM »
He feeling left out he ent getting no attention or wha?

Why he ent PM he Hutton Road Facebook members with this info.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2010, 10:46:57 AM »
He feeling left out he ent getting no attention or wha?

Why he ent PM he Hutton Road Facebook members with this info.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

How the prayer go again....

Lord grant mih de serenity not to let this _UNT raise mih blood pressure again.... ::) ::)

Is like the man never hear the saying, let sleeping dogs lie....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2010, 11:20:17 AM »
Hunt is one C*nt...It take that long to figure out that money was being wasted.  He needs to go.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2010, 04:50:10 AM »
Then the entire government should resign including the opposition also.. :devil:

But I would settle to see Jack go first.... :devil:

Rastafari

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2010, 09:18:52 PM »
Hunt is one C*nt...It take that long to figure out that money was being wasted.  He needs to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B8efZ-ENLw

AirMan

« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2010, 09:36:37 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B8efZ-ENLw

^^ was about to post that video of the Sports Misiter apology.

Here is the link to what the Prime Minister had to say ..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9rGT1IT4rc

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2010, 03:57:22 PM »
Just got word from a UNC insider friend that Kamla going to be punging Patrick hard with Gary Hunt flag issue as a main topic in her campaign trail.  He might cost Patrick some serious votes  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 03:59:47 PM by Babalawo »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2010, 04:06:24 PM »
To be honest I would do the same thing.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2010, 07:21:58 PM »
yuh know. but whats the benefit of manning keep he? its only hurting him

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2010, 04:07:26 AM »
Top soldier uses $2m flag to inspire children
By: Michelle Loubon
Published: 24 Jun 2010

Former Sports Minister Gary Hunt came under fire for awarding a contract to the Sport Company of T&T for a $2 million national flag which was hoisted at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo. But it was to the flag that feature speaker Col Kenrick Maharaj, Commanding Officer Of the T&T Regiment, looked for inspiration when he addressed the children at the Post Sea En To To (In Total) Project in the VIP Lounge of the stadium yesterday.

The pupils were drawn from schools in the Port-of-Spain area.
Maharaj said: “Did you notice anything when you came into the stadium.” Right on cue, the children said: “The flag.” Emblazoned in its red, white and black colours, Maharaj reminded the children they should develop a sense of patriotism. He said: “You have to develop a sense of national pride. My flag, my country must mean something to me. Don’t be afraid to give national service in your community. It would give you a sense of belonging to your community.”

Youthful participants also were addressed by director of En To To Jo Anne Harroo-Blackman and her husband Michael Blackman, retired Brigadier Carl Alfonso, Nicole Dyer-Griffith and Zarim Ali, director of construction, Ministry of Works. Ali was deputising for Works Minister Jack Warner who was busy attending meetings. Each speaker wished the children well since they would be receiving their SEA results today and entering secondary schools in September. Alfonso told them to “look in the mirror and give yourselves a big-up. Knowledge is power.”

Dyer-Griffith encouraged them to get involved in the national beautification drive on Sunday. Blackman reminded them that peer pressure could be positive and it “was okay to do the right thing.” Among those present were Laventille Boys’ School principal Judy Bedayse, who said: “It was a very encouraging project. The boys have learnt a great deal. They needed exposure and they got it by meeting other children.” About 200 children also got a holistic education on etiquette, protocol, saving, counselling and preparation for secondary school.

awards

Carrem Webster — Pt Cumana Govt Primary — basketball (male);

Emmanuel John — Laventille Boys' Govt Primary — basketball (male);

Jewel Bharath — St Catherine's Primary — basketball (female);

Overall best girl, outstanding player — Miguel Joseph — Sacred Heart Boys' RC;

Tionne Baksh — Patna/River Estate Govt Primary — basketball male;

Leah Maharaj — Patna/River Estate Govt Primary — basketball female;

Orlando Baird — Laventille Boys' Govt Primary — Overall Best Boy;

Bernandette Antoine — St Catherine's Girls' Primary —
football, female;

Kieanne Blackman — St Catherine's Girls' Primary — football, female);

Tishann Pierre — Laventille Girls' Govt — football, female;

Tenesha Zamore — Pt Cumana Govt Primary — basketball, female; and.

Kkrumah Patrick — Sacred Heart Boys' RC — football, male.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2010, 04:21:20 AM »
Roberts threatens to pull down stadium flag.
T&T Guardian Reports.

The red, white and black national flag at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo is back in the news again. This time its because the flag has to be changed on a regular basis and it is costly to do so. The Trinidad Guardian was told that the flag has been replaced at least nine times since November last year.

However, the Ministry of Sports and the The Sports Company are now very concerned that a flag that lasts only three months is costing as much as $30,000. A flag was put up in August but it has shredded and is waiting to be replaced.

Speaking yesterday, on the Morning Panchayat show on Sangeet 106.1 FM, Sports Minister Anil Roberts confirmed the flag was changed after less than a year and its replacement was replaced after only five weeks.

He said the flag was changed because it was shredding and the replacement was also shredding, and if it continues to do so every five weeks, he would not put up a flag again. He pointed out that the flag was installed by former Minister of Sports Gary Hunt and was the subject of much criticism from the media and the public as to the actual cost of the project.

The 60-feet by 36-feet monster flag which cost the former government a controversial $2 million was dubbed the “Patriotic Flag” of the country. The cost also sparked debate which whirlpooled into the Parliament, where Hunt had to respond to questions from the Opposition about the cost of the flag. Hunt had also made a media address on the flag in which he stated it was a ‘mis-step’.

A few days after the Executive chairman of the Sports Company of T&T Kenneth Charles resigned. Yesterday, Roberts said that, since the flag was placed in the stadium, he had to make two requests to replace it.
He said according to the contract, one of the flags is supposed to last six months. “This flag is five weeks old and has shredded at $18,000.

I am telling the country right now, if the next one that they put up shreds in such a short period, I would put up no more.” “I cannot spend taxpayers dollars—$18,000 every five weeks to put up a flag is ludicrous.” He said the contract states that four replacement flags would be given and there is one more flag remaining.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2010, 09:43:48 AM »
Roberts threatens to pull down stadium flag.
T&T Guardian Reports.

The red, white and black national flag at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo is back in the news again. This time its because the flag has to be changed on a regular basis and it is costly to do so. The Trinidad Guardian was told that the flag has been replaced at least nine times since November last year.

However, the Ministry of Sports and the The Sports Company are now very concerned that a flag that lasts only three months is costing as much as $30,000. A flag was put up in August but it has shredded and is waiting to be replaced.

Speaking yesterday, on the Morning Panchayat show on Sangeet 106.1 FM, Sports Minister Anil Roberts confirmed the flag was changed after less than a year and its replacement was replaced after only five weeks.

He said the flag was changed because it was shredding and the replacement was also shredding, and if it continues to do so every five weeks, he would not put up a flag again. He pointed out that the flag was installed by former Minister of Sports Gary Hunt and was the subject of much criticism from the media and the public as to the actual cost of the project.

The 60-feet by 36-feet monster flag which cost the former government a controversial $2 million was dubbed the “Patriotic Flag” of the country. The cost also sparked debate which whirlpooled into the Parliament, where Hunt had to respond to questions from the Opposition about the cost of the flag. Hunt had also made a media address on the flag in which he stated it was a ‘mis-step’.

A few days after the Executive chairman of the Sports Company of T&T Kenneth Charles resigned. Yesterday, Roberts said that, since the flag was placed in the stadium, he had to make two requests to replace it.
He said according to the contract, one of the flags is supposed to last six months. “This flag is five weeks old and has shredded at $18,000.

I am telling the country right now, if the next one that they put up shreds in such a short period, I would put up no more.” “I cannot spend taxpayers dollars—$18,000 every five weeks to put up a flag is ludicrous.” He said the contract states that four replacement flags would be given and there is one more flag remaining.

The one near COE must get replaced every so often as well, but it's been up for years.
Anyway I guess 'supposed to last six months' was a sales pitch rather than a warranty, otherwise it should get replaced for free if it wears out before then.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2010, 03:47:21 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/108-UBDH4sE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/108-UBDH4sE</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 09, 2010, 05:44:23 PM »
Ah hear dey take down de flag.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2010, 05:51:29 PM »

from what i hear, it will only be used when national football or some big event taking place
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 09, 2010, 08:09:25 PM »

from what i hear, it will only be used when national football or some big event taking place

Should not use it atall.

1]; } ?>