May 13, 2024, 01:58:21 PM

Author Topic: Brazil v Côte d'Ivoire  (Read 23452 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brazil v Côte d'Ivoire
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2010, 03:39:40 PM »
Men cyah be complaining now about the diving and rolling around on the ground......cronaldo made it globally popular to be a diver and be successful at it in more ways than one.  Nobody in the football world does it more than him and people quick to call 'im the best player in the world.  Players around the world seeing the success the he and a few others are having at being cheaters on the field and the epidemic is spreading.  Dida do shit and Rivaldo do shit but at least in Rivaldo's defense, the Turkish player needed to be penalized for blasting him with the ball.  cronaldo don't even have to get touch (as he proved in the first game against Ivory Coast) and he falling on the ground like a over ripe breadfruit.  Before the Brazilians get call out on play-acting, lewwe call out the italins, portuguese and argentinians nuh.

hahaha nah Mango you self... I's a Brazil fan tuh the core, but I cyar defend Rivaldo on that play.  The player eh blast nuttin' at him.  It was a toe poke to him to hurry up and take the corner/throw....  Rivaldo coulda trap that and volley wid all the skill he had...doh try that lol

:rotfl:  :rotfl: Every one is entitled to a "lawyer".  I takin' up Rivaldo cause! (it wasn't no to poke neither, your honour!) 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2010, 03:52:01 PM »
Everybody could try to justify anyting.

I wouldnt feel bad if de second goal did get call back. Buh oh well.

Elano tackle was hard luck.

Everyting else was utter wileness.

And Kaka went looking for trouble for the first card...and loss he head for de second. Stupid.

And Rivaldo is a duttiness fuh dah over faking and rolling.

Dahs how i see it.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2010, 03:54:18 PM »
Men cyah be complaining now about the diving and rolling around on the ground......cronaldo made it globally popular to be a diver and be successful at it in more ways than one.  Nobody in the football world does it more than him and people quick to call 'im the best player in the world.  Players around the world seeing the success the he and a few others are having at being cheaters on the field and the epidemic is spreading.  Dida do shit and Rivaldo do shit but at least in Rivaldo's defense, the Turkish player needed to be penalized for blasting him with the ball.  cronaldo don't even have to get touch (as he proved in the first game against Ivory Coast) and he falling on the ground like a over ripe breadfruit.  Before the Brazilians get call out on play-acting, lewwe call out the italins, portuguese and argentinians nuh.

so Kaka didn't need to be penalized for raising his elbow to the man?

dino watch the incident again. The IVC player ran directly at Kaka who was standing still. Its human nature to put up your forearm up to protect yourself. He did not elbow the player. As a matter of fact the IVC player initated the contact.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »

dino watch the incident again. The IVC player ran directly at Kaka who was standing still. Its human nature to put up your forearm up to protect yourself. He did not elbow the player. As a matter of fact the IVC player initated the contact.
The man run into a pick
Live large and prosper!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2010, 04:15:05 PM »
BRA 3 CIV 1

That's what's most important.

Anyone dispute that that was a fair scoreline? 

I think Brazil never really got a consistent flow, and it was in part due to CIV's stubborn holding midfield- They are really tough to penetrate.  Also Brazil really lacks that player who can create freely and consistently....  That said Brazil's goals were pretty brilliant- just like in the first game.  Fabiano could have been called back for hand ball, but I could see how that coulda gone unnoticed at full speed- especially the first one which was surely accidental.  And CIV never really got started to be honest- not sure why they played so timid.  Drogba's header was well taken but it was defensive gift- nobody picked up his run which wasn't really that great of a run- he kinda just waltzed into the box...CIV's other attempts on goal all seemed kinda speculative and lacking conviction.

I hope Brazil beats Portugal and CIV does the business against N. Korea because I think they have alot more to offer than what they've shown so far at this World Cup. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2010, 04:21:14 PM »

You will notice that Keita sprint across the field (three of four clear paces) to catch up to him when the ball wasn't even in play. He raised his forearm to brace against someone running into him. I not sure where the foul is/was.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2010, 04:43:04 PM »

Firstly HD-TV not helping TV6 coverage.

Secondly, forget the reaction after the play and just answer me this did Kaka elbow the man away from the play or not? And if so was it deserving of a yellow card?

I answer dat long time...

...that didn't happen.  If anything he throw he shoulder as the man come running into him.  Shoulder mighta... MIGHTA.. scrape Keita left jawbone.

giggsy11

« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2010, 04:48:46 PM »
Ivory Coast was playin just as stink against Portugal. If they taking issues with people showing skills or with play acting, well Drogba is their captain and is as bad as Ronaldo so kick him up too. Kaloue should always come off the bench. Kaka running like he still growing into his body and he acting frustrated. Kaka was stupid for gettin caught up after already being booked, he would have gotten a yellow for the 2nd incident even if it had been his first offense. He Elano exposed himself to that kind of end result by exposing him self like that but the IC player came in studs up which is still dirty.
Brazil dissapointed me with their play acting.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2010, 05:25:51 PM »
brazil sorf and kaka is an ass.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2010, 05:57:58 PM »

Don't forget extremely skillful.  :devil:  ivory coast played like jamaica today, they totally forgot that these players have some of the biggest contract$$$ in europe. yuh think them men want tuh risk getting ah career ending injury just tuh prove that they is the best @ playing football? i say dive as soon as yuh see ah man coming any where close tuh mashing yuh down yes.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2010, 06:15:17 PM »
pure hate and ackin normal

dinho should change he name to general grant  :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2010, 06:28:49 PM »
Well..he admit it.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/799562/ce/uk/&cc=3888?ver=global

The striker, who looped the ball over two defenders before finishing his second goal, said: "It's true, the ball really touched my hand and then my shoulder. But it was involuntary. It was one of the greatest goals I've scored in my career."

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2010, 07:02:23 PM »
After the Elano incident, Brazil start faking. Probly only one 'foul' after that they actually touch the brazilian. And Kaka deserve the red, whther the man embellish or not. I remember  in past world cups Kliuvert get a red for less than that, Zola get red for less than that, the turkish man that Rivaldo get sent off was less than what kaka did.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2010, 07:22:08 PM »
Brazil in this too? Anti football. What a coward approach until their 2nd goal. Shame. I am glad the Ivory Coast came to play and actually tried to play some football.

Germany will destroy everyone and win the WC. The only team to show flair and organization. Brazil not going anywhere with that boring football and Ivory Coast showed how other teams can get it done.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2010, 07:23:38 PM »
After the Elano incident, Brazil start faking. Probly only one 'foul' after that they actually touch the brazilian. And Kaka deserve the red, whther the man embellish or not. I remember  in past world cups Kliuvert get a red for less than that, Zola get red for less than that, the turkish man that Rivaldo get sent off was less than what kaka did.

If you want to go there, I could argue that the man who get him send off should not have been on the field
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2010, 07:24:05 PM »

yuh talking ah real pack ah shit about kaka deserve ah red card...if de other refs in yuh examples did crap that does not justify what happened to kaka...if yuh doh like Brazil just say so instead of posting rubbish.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2010, 07:26:01 PM »
Brazil in this too? Anti football. What a coward approach until their 2nd goal. Shame. I am glad the Ivory Coast came to play and actually tried to play some football.

What game were you watching?

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2010, 07:45:55 PM »

i feel plenty ppl tv screen either too small or they watch a different game....ivory coast came to play football?...they came to not lose too bad.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2010, 07:52:23 PM »
Ok, neutral man commenting now, don't really care who win the WC, want to watch good football

Ivory Coast gave Brazil way too much respect, began the game way too timid, though in flashes at times showed what they were capable of.  Sven is an overrated coach IMO, his days (if they were ever around) have way passed him, CIV would do better w/someone who can take advtg of their attacking flair while keeping them solid at the back, Sven has done niether IMO, albeit being in charge for 3 months.

Play acting occurred on both sides, difficult to debate.  Elano's injury did not seem at first to be intentional on the part of the CIV player, difficult to judge even based on slow motion replay, others at times definitely tried to be cheeky on their tackles on Brazilian players.

Kaka did elbow the CIV player in his chest, did not seem as an attempt to intentionally harm him, more gamesmanship than anything else, the CIV player definitely milked it, Kaka was foolish to flirt w/such gamesmanship being on a yellow, and Dunga is a dunce for leaving him on after he got the first and Brazil were well in command.

Fabiano frankomen handled the ball on two occasions for the 2nd goal after being 1-0 up, was extremely difficult to see in real time, was only vividly apparent on slow motion replay, that being said the officials are in charge and should have caught at least one handball, after the goal the ref seemed to joke around w/Fabiano pointing to his arm and chest, suggesting that he (the ref) knew what happened but did not call, which would be unimaginable.  Interestingly, no protest whatsoever from the Ivorians.  Men who claiming that 2nd goal did not change the course of the game are not only arm chair coaches (as we all are), but have never played the game at a competitve level or have quickly forgotten, big difference being 1-0 down in the 2nd half to Brazil where some iota of you thinks you have a chance of equallizing to mighty Brazil vs 2-0 down where that iota has slipped to negligible, you could see the shoulders of most (if not all) Ivorian players dropping thereafter

Better side def won on the day, not sure how football (FIFA etc) addreeses play acting, it's a seeming norm in the game today, and will continue for a while until some prudent measure becomes part of officiating.  Hopefully, both Brazil and CIV get through, the latter def have more to offer to the WC and could count themselves unlucky being in groups of deaths at consectutive WCs (2006 and now 2010).....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2010, 07:59:39 PM »
Ivory Coast paying for getting rid of de coach dey had all de time and replacing him with SVEN.

End talk.

And yeh dat goal change de game. But put yuhself in de ref position. Bout 10 meters away from de action...see two cap share...chest down and volley into de goal......you eh go see all dat. Worse yet dey supposed to give de benefit of de doubt to the attacker.

And going and asking him...."aye..hear nah..when yuh trap dat..where it hit yuh? Yuh use yuh arm?" and Fabiano saying..nah nah..i use my chest..i didnt try to use my hand....to me while it looked bad..eh as malicious as people trying to make it be. Fabiano afterward say yeh it hit he hand.buh was unintentional..no doubt after seeing the replay.

Contrast dat to...."yes i handle it..buh ask de ref why he eh call it."

No doubt doh..dat second goal kill de game. De third goal was proof of that. You seeing a man sizing up for a cross..nobody in front you...obviously de threat go be coming behind you...stop de ball...yuh cant turn around to see where de threat is...just cut out the ball. No...elano was able to sneak in behind you and get to the ball before you.

Steups.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2010, 09:29:39 PM »
ah notice even maicon and lucio, when they get caught upfield out of position slip and fall and put on a pro wrestling cry-face. steups.

too bad for elano. somewhat ironic, after he score de goal and display his favourite saints on he shinpads, he get the worse end of the studs-up tackle on those self-same pads. ah hope he doh turn heathen  ;)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2010, 09:32:39 PM »

i feel plenty ppl tv screen either too small or they watch a different game....ivory coast came to play football?...they came to not lose too bad.

Alyuh taking chain up talk from the TV commentator man, watch the spanish station they won't influence your thoughts. Ivory Coast don't have the technical ability of the Brazilians, therefore their speed of play is much slower than Brazil and breaks down quicker. Leading up to the first goal and even the 2nd goal Ivory Coast was defending with 3 player on the bacl line.
How many times did the Brazilian full backs get involved in the final 1/3? Where was Kaka receiving the ball consistently, even Robinho? That 1st goal was against the run of play.

Ivory Coast did not show more respect than Brazil showed that they were cowards.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 20, 2010, 09:34:05 PM »

A more organize and discipline team will show that Brazil don't have the players to solve the same game they are trying to  play.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2010, 11:40:27 PM »
I like both teams but was more disappointed with their performances today. I personally think a draw would have been a fair result. BOTH teams showed way too much respect to each other.

Brazil won simply because they are more clinical, and got goals at crucial times.

To beat Brazil, you have to have a go at them, like France with Zidane.

The CIV of the 2006 WC moved the ball more quickly and were much more terrifying than this team.

Fabiano and Yaya Toure were the outstanding players for both teams.

Kolo Toure does trip off when he ready

Unfortunate to see the game degenerate in the end, but if a side ole-ing on me, I was rushing in hard too.
Ketch footballitis

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2010, 02:28:44 AM »
I actually agree with Omar and, to an extent, Elan.

Brazil was just as responsible for the chippiness at the end. Kaka get penalized becuase the ref didn't see the actual contact but it could have happened to any of the CIV players when the Brazilians went down with minimal contact.

Also this Brazil team isn't anti-football but it is about waiting for the other team to lapse more thanreally going at teams. At the time of the 1st goal CIV was making most of the running and the goal was against the run of play. As per this Brazil that open them up more and Brazil take control. CIV was not that defensive they start with three strikers and was probing. To their credit because if they had come with 10 men behind the ball his game woulda been a 0-0 because this Brazil struggles in those situations for obvious reasons, i.e. the desire to play Melo and Gilberto.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2010, 04:34:26 AM »

Don't forget extremely skillful.  :devil:  ivory coast played like jamaica today, they totally forgot that these players have some of the biggest contract$$$ in europe. yuh think them men want tuh risk getting ah career ending injury just tuh prove that they is the best @ playing football? i say dive as soon as yuh see ah man coming any where close tuh mashing yuh down yes.

But see yah faadah,

How our name come into this?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2010, 06:03:22 AM »

But see yah faadah,

How our name come into this?

Wham, yuh have the copy write on the name jamaica or what? so what if i mention JA. you know as well as everyone in the caribbean who does follow football knows, that jamaica does play hard hard hard, as in break foot football, doh pretend yuh eh know.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2010, 06:59:58 AM »
Ivory Coast paying for getting rid of de coach dey had all de time and replacing him with SVEN.

End talk.

what was d story behind this anyway because ah hear d fella dat get dem there had ah winning record ??? ??? ???
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2010, 07:06:45 AM »

End talk.

what was d story behind this anyway because ah hear d fella dat get dem there had ah winning record ??? ??? ???

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/jun/08/vahid-halilhodzic-ivory-coast

Gone and replace de man with a man who cant even speak french a few months before the tournament.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2010, 07:15:00 AM »

End talk.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/jun/08/vahid-halilhodzic-ivory-coast

Gone and replace de man with a man who cant even speak french a few months before the tournament.

greed an' self interest will always be a killer
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>