May 07, 2024, 09:29:02 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 612973 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SUNDERLAND V DERBY.
« Reply #1620 on: March 02, 2008, 11:54:06 AM »
"Sunderbland"

"Blunderland"  :rotfl:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 02, 2008, 04:14:50 PM »
Thanks elan. Disapointing.

How did KJ perform, I wonder...

Hes not been at the races the last 3 games, someone give him a call and tell him to either lay off his woman or the ganga.

BTW IF YOU THINK THIS SUNDERLAND TEAM IS SHITE

you are in cloud cuckoo land, I,ve supported them for longer than I care to remember, and trust me compared to sum sunderland teams over the past few years this is up their with the best.  Unfortunately where I come from, your stuck for life, much worse than marriage at least you can get a divorce. ;)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 02, 2008, 06:52:09 PM »
well said Kev
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 02, 2008, 07:32:55 PM »
Unfortunately where I come from, your stuck for life, much worse than marriage at least you can get a divorce. ;)
That would be a First if a FAN did go to court to get a divorce from his team :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
actually, I am surprised that an English fan has not yet done that :rotfl:
but I guess it just shows an Englishman's support for his local team ;) :D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 02, 2008, 09:28:56 PM »

Hes not been at the races the last 3 games, someone give him a call and tell him to either lay off his woman or the ganga.

you are in cloud cuckoo land, I,ve supported them for longer than I care to remember, and trust me compared to sum sunderland teams over the past few years this is up their with the best.  Unfortunately where I come from, your stuck for life, much worse than marriage at least you can get a divorce. ;)
I'm right with you bro ! i've been supporting a medioca team for over 20 yrs called T&T !through thick and thin, heartache after heartache, disapointment after diappointment and i'm still supporting to this day !! plus we have a mercinary federation and special adviser who cares for our football as much as a toad cares for snakes

. bottom line, i'm happy our boys could get to ply their trade with a prem team, and i'm greatful to sunderland for giving them the opportunity to play on a higher level. i for one don't miss a sunlun game, and i've been supporting yuhs guys since 05/06 season when you were relegated with burmingham and west brom. i hope ardently that yus stay up and, strenghten your mid field, with better play makers.

PS: please tell roy to rid the team of choppra and higginbottom, they are at best championship quality.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 09:30:35 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 03, 2008, 01:20:26 AM »

PS: please tell roy to rid the team of choppra and higginbottom, they are at best championship quality.

If we stay up there is a long list that needs a cull, most bought by RK, but I expect to see it happen.

If we are relegated I don't think there will be many changes as a lot are good championship players.

RK is a rookie manager and no doubt has learned a lot this season, lets hope it sticks, IMHO the coaching has left a little to be desired this year and also needs looking at in the summer.

Its a make or break month coming up with 4 hard games which will see where we play next season, the players and KJ need to get their arses in gear.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: March 03, 2008, 01:33:38 AM »
It's a no brainer why folks on the board have an emotional connection to Sunderland this season.  And in all fairness, the emotional connection btw Sunderland and the forum members (this season) arguably has more meaningful roots than the emotional connection explicitly communicated on this board for teams such as Barca, Madrid, Liverpool, ManU, Milan, Juventus, Chelsea etc....and I doh see them ketchin' any fatigue and flak about owning shares when they communicate a little passion for their adopted squad....Yes Sunderland is a sh*t side (I'm pragmatic too  ;D), but if yuh think about it, if only "good" sides deserved unquestionable support & partiality,...then outside of patriotism, we'd be struggling for a rationale behind the warrior nation & socwarriors.net ... ;)  In other words, give de man a bligh nah  :beermug:

Except I "gave no one flak" for supporting the team of their choice...au contraire, I referred the team as "Sunderbland" and was treated to a small treatise on why who supports what.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 03, 2008, 03:29:12 PM »
It's a no brainer why folks on the board have an emotional connection to Sunderland this season.  And in all fairness, the emotional connection btw Sunderland and the forum members (this season) arguably has more meaningful roots than the emotional connection explicitly communicated on this board for teams such as Barca, Madrid, Liverpool, ManU, Milan, Juventus, Chelsea etc....and I doh see them ketchin' any fatigue and flak about owning shares when they communicate a little passion for their adopted squad....Yes Sunderland is a sh*t side (I'm pragmatic too  ;D), but if yuh think about it, if only "good" sides deserved unquestionable support & partiality,...then outside of patriotism, we'd be struggling for a rationale behind the warrior nation & socwarriors.net ... ;)  In other words, give de man a bligh nah  :beermug:

Except I "gave no one flak" for supporting the team of their choice...au contraire, I referred the team as "Sunderbland" and was treated to a small treatise on why who supports what.

Actually, the chronology is that you were thanked for your continued support and choose to turn the thread from a discussion on the teams' merits/non merits to one on my supposed lack of pragmatism and taking things personally.

That said I don't expect any kind of objectivity from someone who cannot recognise the hypocrisy behind juxtaposing the two sentences:

You have tuh be ah mind reader to know what I "looking for" when I post
and
Me eh even have tuh spend time convincing yuh of that b/c de evidence all over de place.

Dear patrons,
We thank you for keeping the topic on Sunderbland, Blunderland, Sundireland, X Man United and other variations of the same.
...Management
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 03, 2008, 08:44:24 PM »
Good job midnight, i appreciate yuh efforts bro. thanx for keeping ME updated on sunlun's progress throughout the season. what a task it must have been to keep up a thread for a whole season.       nuff respect fardder.                           positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sunderland AFC 2007-2008 thread
« Reply #1629 on: March 08, 2008, 09:48:05 AM »
Keane scarred by 7-1 defeat
By Nick Alexander

Roy Keane says he will never get over Sunderland's 7-1 defeat at Everton in November.

But three points against the Toffeemen at the Stadium of Light on Sunday would go a long way to healing some of the wounds.

"I always remember the defeats, it's the way I am," said the Sunderland manager. "The Everton game will probably stay with me until the day I die.

"It hurt me and it hurt the players but you have to move on. You have to learn from the setbacks and mistakes, I certainly learned from that defeat.

"You've got to be hurt when you have days like that and I learned a lot about myself that day. The most important thing is that you don't make the same mistakes again.

"If things aren't going right you have to be prepared to change it and sometimes you have to take a 3-1 defeat, instead of being daft enough to think you can win 6-5 - that was my attitude that day."
Keane added: "We know it will be tough because Everton have the incentive of chasing that fourth spot in the Premier League, they are a good side.

"It'll be a real challenge for us but that's why we're here. I'd rather be in this position than in the Championship fighting for promotion.

"Sunday is a chance for the players to go out and express themselves and show what Sunderland is all about.

"Our home form has been good this season. We have 10 games left and six at home, we'll take that."
Full Article

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=14370$
Miller could return against Everton

Roy Keane could hand Liam Miller a reprieve on Sunday after being impressed by the midfielder's attitude in training this week.

Miller was put on the Sunderland transfer list a fortnight ago after repeatedly turning up late for training.

But according to Keane the former Celtic man has reacted to the punishment in the right way and could feature against Everton.

Miller was dropped from Sunderland's squad for the game at Derby last weekend.

"Liam might be back," said the Sunderland boss. "He's shown a good attitude and that's the reaction you expect from a good professional. I'm delighted that he's reacted the way he has.

"He's been positive and staked his claim to get back in the team, that's what I'll judge him on."

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=14376
Edwards set for United run-out

Carlos Edwards will make his long-awaited return from injury in the reserves against Manchester United next week.

Edwards, who broke his leg on December 1, is back in full training.

The winger took part in a practice game at Sunderland's training ground yesterday, proving his fitness ahead of Wednesday's reserves game against United.

Roy Keane said: "Carlos is a fit lad and he's looking well. He's been striking the ball, there's been physical contact so we're not tip-toeing around him now, the players have been instructed to tackle him.

"It'll be a great boost to have him back. If he can do well in the reserves next week he might not be too far off.

"He's been a big loss, we have suffered on the right side. Sometimes you kind of forget about these lads when they are injured, but we've seen in training this week what a good player he is."

Meanwhile, Ross Wallace is back running and hopes to return to full training in the next two weeks.

Wallace suffered a knee ligament injury in January
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: March 09, 2008, 07:36:10 AM »
http://www.safc.com/match/?page_id=14377&fixture=2959717
Sunderland v Everton Pre Match
By Nick Alexander

Danny Collins will battle it out with Danny Higginbotham for a place in Sunderland's side against Everton today.

Collins, the regular left-back this season, missed last weekend's game at Derby because of suspension.

Higginbotham, recently back from a toe injury, stepped in against his former club and impressed Roy Keane, the manager.

But with Collins available, Keane must decide who to play against Everton in a vital game at the Stadium of Light.

Keane said: "Danny [Higginbotham] did quite well last week, especially when you consider he was out for two months or so. I have a selection headache but I don't mind that."

Keane says there is more to come from Kieran Richardson and Andy Reid - two players looking to sharpen their match fitness after returning from injury.

"When you look at the stats, they [Reid and Richardson] faded badly at Derby," said Keane. "Hopefully they will feel sharper and stronger against Everton."

"We keep going on about the injuries but we're hoping it's the end of it now and that everyone is fit until the end of the season."

Yesterday's results left Sunderland two points and two places above the drop zone but a win today could move them up to 12th.

Sunderland (from): Gordon, Fulop, Bardsley, Evans, Nosworthy, Collins, McShane, Higginbotham, Chopra, Richardson, Whitehead, Etuhu, Leadbitter, Miller, Yorke, Reid, Murphy, Chopra, Jones, Prica, Stokes.

Sunderland 0-1 Everton
By Matt Braithwaite

Andrew Johnson's second-half goal gave Everton victory against struggling Sunderland and kept the Toffees in the hunt for a Champions League spot.

Mikel Arteta's cross glanced in off the England striker's upper arm for the only goal of a scrappy encounter.

Tim Cahill's first-half header was deflected onto a post by Anthony Stokes as the visitors had the better chances.

Tim Howard denied the Black Cats an equaliser deep into injury time with a superb save from Andy Reid's free kick.
Full Report

Roy Keane's reaction:

"I was disappointed with the result, I thought we deserved a bit better but I suppose I've said that far too many times.

"We probably didn't start playing until we were a goal down so we're disappointed but you have to get on with it.

"Sometimes when you come into a game and you're hoping to start quickly and it doesn't happen, it can be a long afternoon.

"In these games you do have to start quickly, it's very hard to change it when you start slow.

"Credit to Everton, they slowed it down and kept it well. It was only in the last 10 or 15 minutes that we had a real go.

"We got punished for some sloppy play, we gave the ball away cheaply and we never quite recovered.

"There was only Kenwyne up front but we had Murphy on the left and Stokes and Chopra on the right and the likes of Grant and Kieran in the middle - very attack-minded players. It was far from a defensive shape.
[For the goal]"It came off his arm but it would have been harsh if the referee had disallowed it. We've got the benefit of watching it on video again but at the time we never thought it came off his arm.
"The keeper made a brilliant save. When Reidy hit it, it had goal written all over it. Tim's very athletic and a good goalkeeper and that's what you hope your keeper can do. I was cursing him when he saved it but credit where it's due, it was an excellent save.

"There are a few teams fighting [at the bottom] and it might go to the last week or two. When you look at the run-in, ours is a difficult as any.

"We've got two tough games coming up, that's why the last few weeks have been disappointing, we thought it was a chance to get a win on the board, especially last week at Derby.

"We'll lick our wounds, get back in training in the morning and get ready for a tough game next weekend. You have to keep believing, the spirit of the players is the least of my worries."

Full reaction

Match Thread
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 10:56:07 AM by Midknight »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: March 15, 2008, 11:07:40 AM »
http://www.safc.com/match/?page_id=14432&fixture=2848962&t=1
By Nick Alexander

Carlos Edwards is set to play some part against Chelsea after returning from a broken leg.
Roy Keane, the manager, must decided whether to start the winger or name him on the bench.

Strikers Roy O'Donovan and Rade Prica are also pushing for a place in the starting line-up against the title hopefuls.
Dickson Etuhu is ruled out with a knee injury and could be sidelined for a further three weeks while Ross Wallace is still sidelined. Anthony Stokes has a virus and has not trained all week.

Roy Keane said: "With Carlos [Edwards] and Roy [O'Donovan] coming back I'll have more options and that can only be good."

If Daryl Murphy plays, it will be on his 25th birthday.

Sunderland have not scored a Premier League goal since Daryl Murphy netted their second in the 2-0 win over Wigan on February 9.
The Black Cats have won four of their last five games at the Stadium of Light.

Sunderland 0-1 Chelsea
  By Owen Phillips

Chelsea saw off a spirited Sunderland side to claim a ninth win in 12 matches and keep their title bid on track thanks to John Terry's towering header.

Terry met Frank Lampard's corner and forced the ball home at the near post for his first Blues goal in 19 months.

But it was the Black Cats who had the best chances after the opening quarter.

Blues keeper Carlo Cudicini made a superb stop to keep out Andy Reid's curling free-kick and Kenwyne Jones missed a glorious close-range header.

Sunderland will consider themselves very unlucky after a battling display which saw them force Chelsea on to the back foot for much of the second period.
Full Report

I'm disappointed with the result, it was a sloppy goal we give away from a needless corner.

We never quite recovered and as Chelsea have done many times before, they're quite good at set-pieces. It's a good delivery, big strong men attacking the ball, but I thought the players' reaction over the 90 minutes, their performance, was brilliant.

I didn't think it was a penalty (John Terry on Roy O'Donovan) - I don't think it's a day for looking at decisions that went against us, the referee got it right.

We have to play with that intensity and commitment to the club all the time. I thought we played some good stuff today. We had chances, over the last few weeks we've not really been creating chances, but we had opportunities today.

Chelsea took their chance, we didn't take ours, and that's why they're going for titles and the European Cup.

There's lots of pluses today. Reidy has got another game under his belt, although he maybe tired towards the end. Carlos, another hour for him, and Roy O'Donovan - so there's lots of pluses.

We played really well as a team today. I thought everyone, the subs when they came on, played their part - it's very rare that you lose a game at home and get applauded off the pitch, so that was great credit to our supporters for that.
I'm happy with the players. You have to get the balance right and today we had a decent balance to us and credit to the players for that.

If we keep persevering from now until the end of the season, I'm pretty sure we'll be fine.
Full Reaction

Match Thread
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 06:43:35 AM by Midknight »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
SUNDERLAND V ASTON VILLA
« Reply #1632 on: March 21, 2008, 11:23:27 PM »
maybe this could be their first away victory fuh de season.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sunderland Villa Link
« Reply #1633 on: March 22, 2008, 01:45:27 AM »
Here one is for those that may want to watch it, after last week I haven't a clue what the team will be or what system they will play, but wins are what we need so lets hope RK just goes for it.

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=football

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Villa Link
« Reply #1634 on: March 22, 2008, 03:28:20 AM »
Good luck today bro. hope you clobber the sh## out of villa!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SUNDERLAND V ASTON VILLA
« Reply #1635 on: March 22, 2008, 03:34:32 AM »
I ardently hope so!!!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: March 22, 2008, 05:40:44 AM »
3 villa men in mi fantasy squad but ah still want ah sunderland win
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: March 22, 2008, 06:41:49 AM »
AVFC v SAFC - team news
Kieran Richardson, Daryl Murphy, Michael Chopra and Anthony Stokes will all come into contention for a place in Sunderland's team at Aston Villa tomorrow.

Stokes has recovered from illness while the other three will travel after being left out of Roy Keane's squad for the game against Chelsea last week.

Dickson Etuhu is still missing with a knee injury as is Ross Wallace. David Connolly has a groin strain.

ASTON VILLA
1. Defeat away to Portsmouth last Saturday, ended a four-game unbeaten sequence.

2. Failed to score in only three matches.

3. On the longest sequence without a clean sheet of 16 matches; the 0-4 away win over Blackburn on 28 November being their last shut-out.

SUNDERLAND
1. Gained one point from a possible 12; won one of six.

2. Not scored in 375 minutes (six hours 15 minutes) of Premier League football since Daryl Murphy netted their second in the 2-0 home win over Wigan on 9 February.

3. Never failed to score in five successive matches in this league.

If selected:-

Dwight YORKE will be facing a former club. The 36 year old Trinidad and Tobago international began his English playing career at Aston Villa, making 287 appearances (231 in the league) and scoring 98 goals (73 league) between December 1989 and his £12.6m move to Manchester United in August 1998.

THIS SEASON'S REVERSE FIXTURE

Sunderland 1-1 Aston Villa
15 December 2007 - Ref: Steve Bennett
Sunderland scorer: Higginbotham 10
Villa scorer: Maloney 73

Aston Villa 0-1 Sunderland
  By Phil McNulty

A late Michael Chopra strike gave Sunderland's survival ambitions a lift and hit Aston Villa's European hopes.

Chopra raced on to Kieran Richardson's pass with seven minutes left to beat Scott Carson and seal Sunderland's first away win in the league this term.

Villa were disappointing, with Marlon Harewood wasting their best chance when he was clean through after the break.

Sunderland were worthy winners, with Roy O'Donovan off target before substitute Chopra struck.

As Sunderland fans celebrated wildly at the final whistle, Villa's supporters rounded on Martin O'Neill's side as their recent indifferent form continued.

Sunderland suffered a blow before kick-off when influential striker Kenwyne Jones was ruled out through illness, while Villa's only change was the recall of Craig Gardner for suspended Olof Mellberg.
Full Report

Roy Keane:
"I thought it was a good performance, we created one or two chances and we hung in there.
"We got through a sticky patch in the second half and we took the opportunity when it came our way.
"A lot of times this season we've been on the losing end of 1-0 scorelines and it was nice to turn it around, I think we just about deserved it.
"We knew we would have to be solid and we were. We managed to get over the finishing line.

"It was a great ball by Kieran [Richardson] and when he was through on goal I did fancy him [Chopra] to score. It's been tough for him this season, he's had to play out of position a lot so I'm pleased for him.

"Kenwyne could not train yesterday, he has a virus. I spoke to the doctor yesterday and he told me that Kenwyne was not right. The temptation is always to take a risk with players but it would not have been fair. We had to leave him behind. The other strikers did well, credit to them.

"I thought the back-four was outstanding, the two centre-backs were immense against some good strikers. Nuggsy got a few knocks and he was a warrior today.
"It's a big three points but the only time to gauge it is at the end of the season.

"It's especially good for the supporters, again I thought they were magnificent. They follow us all over so it's nice for them to get their rewards."

Match Thread
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 07:05:45 AM by Midknight »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: March 22, 2008, 08:15:22 AM »
what time is the game ?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1639 on: March 22, 2008, 08:25:22 AM »
Kenwyne out injured.

We mightn't see he for Jamaica.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: March 22, 2008, 08:25:55 AM »
Jones dropped for Villla clash
By: Nick Alexander (Safc.com)

Kenwyne Jones was a shock omission from Sunderland's side as
they looked to break their duck away from home.
Roy Keane made two changes to the side that lost 1-0 to Chelsea
at the Stadium of Light last weekend.
Kieran Richardson and Daryl Murphy were back in the starting
line-up. Roy O'Donovan, who impressed against Chelsea, kept his
place.
Sunderland went into it having not scored in 375 minutes of
Premier League football - since Murphy netted in the home win over
Wigan. It was Keane's 75th match in charge of Sunderland.

Sunderland: Gordon, Bardsley, Nosworthy, Evans,
Collins, Edwards, Whitehead, Reid, Richardson, Murphy,
O'Donovan. Subs: Fulop, Chopra, Leadbitter, Yorke, Prica.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 08:31:12 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Villa Link
« Reply #1641 on: March 22, 2008, 08:44:18 AM »
Here one is for those that may want to watch it, after last week I haven't a clue what the team will be or what system they will play, but wins are what we need so lets hope RK just goes for it.

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=football
what the hell West Indies playing today ,thz for the link

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: March 22, 2008, 08:48:05 AM »
Didn't really understand that one so I went on the website forum to see what they were saying about Jones ...

*WTF!*

Sunderland AFC has taken the decision to remove the Fans Forum from its official site as it has become increasingly difficult to moderate such a medium on a 24/7 basis.

Legal and libel cases in the industry have become more prevalent as Internet usage continues to grow and message boards, chat rooms and blogging have become even more popular.

The law of libel applies just as it would if comments were published in a newspaper or other publication and the Club could be found liable for anything inappropriate posted on the forum.

The Club welcomes feedback and comments from supporters but feels this type of open discussion forum is better suited to independent websites.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: March 22, 2008, 08:50:51 AM »
ah tell yah ,I went there and no football talk ,Cartman had give us a new site ent .

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: March 22, 2008, 08:53:14 AM »
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/forumdisplay.php?f=86

That's where all the football talk going on.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: March 22, 2008, 08:55:49 AM »
K. JONES INJURED...YEAH RIGHT....... It must be HARD  when yuh getting it from both ends.

Yuh boss man have the power to decide yuh fate......" I pay  yuh wages...I tell yuh when tuh play.... club before country..... ah go show JW and FIFA who is boss...look yuh on the injured list...."

On the other end...TTFF...... come represent yuh country at no cost...yuh owe it to the people...to the team.... if yuh have aspirations of World Cup stage...yuh need to represent....

Where does the  heart... and the player's individual player's will reside at times like this?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: March 22, 2008, 09:00:12 AM »
K. JONES INJURED...YEAH RIGHT....... It must be HARD when yuh getting it from both ends.

Yuh boss man have the power to decide yuh fate......" I pay yuh wages...I tell yuh when tuh play.... club before country..... ah go show JW and FIFA who is boss...look yuh on the injured list...."

On the other end...TTFF...... come represent yuh country at no cost...yuh owe it to the people...to the team.... if yuh have aspirations of World Cup stage...yuh need to represent....

Where does the heart... and the player's individual player's will reside at times like this?

I doh know what sunderland have to gain by this at all. No Kenwyne for this match and they know very well that if they say that he injured and can't  travel the TTFF by way of FIFA suspend him for the game next week as well. I doubt its anything constructed. Shit happens
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: March 22, 2008, 09:01:18 AM »
Now they saying he has a flu. So maybe he'll still show up for us.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: March 22, 2008, 09:10:20 AM »
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawes mackem View Post
"jones a shock ommision" according to safc.com ...is he ill or keane jusy given him a rest ...if it was just a rest, i would have him on the bench.
He'll obviously be at Death's Door until a minute after the plane takes off to the T & T international match
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?s=937670c6458bde626694a51945921f01&p=4782115&postcount=39

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: March 22, 2008, 09:17:13 AM »
he will find his ass in jamaica wednesday sunderland playing smart
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>