May 20, 2024, 06:09:05 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 639823 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #2160 on: December 03, 2011, 11:39:28 PM »
Sorry,
I meant that no one mentions how Cech's supreme positioning and confidence allows him to let those balls pass knowing that they will hit the post. And even when they go in near post, is really an issue with the groundskeeping staff.

His positional sense is amazing, to know the exact alignment of the uprights behind him, down to the millimeter.  His keen understanding of the defensive responsibilities of each blade of grass in slowing the progress of the ball towards his goal mouth is beyond par.

Bitter, you acting like GK's does NEVER get beaten at their near post.  It happens.  Petr cech is STILL one of the best GK's in the EPL and if he's having a rough few games (as is the ENTIRE  Chelsea team) as per the hallowed opinion of yourself and this little bake and shark fag that have his mouth wrapped so tightly around your balls, that doesn't change anything.  Cech still had to pull off a few fine saves today in order to preserve a clean sheet.  Does that not tell you of his ability?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: December 04, 2011, 09:37:07 AM »
Sorry,
I meant that no one mentions how Cech's supreme positioning and confidence allows him to let those balls pass knowing that they will hit the post. And even when they go in near post, is really an issue with the groundskeeping staff.

His positional sense is amazing, to know the exact alignment of the uprights behind him, down to the millimeter.  His keen understanding of the defensive responsibilities of each blade of grass in slowing the progress of the ball towards his goal mouth is beyond par.

Bitter, you acting like GK's does NEVER get beaten at their near post.  It happens.  Petr cech is STILL one of the best GK's in the EPL and if he's having a rough few games (as is the ENTIRE  Chelsea team) as per the hallowed opinion of yourself and this little bake and shark fag that have his mouth wrapped so tightly around your balls, that doesn't change anything.  Cech still had to pull off a few fine saves today in order to preserve a clean sheet.  Does that not tell you of his ability?

My original comment was that nobody mentions Cech's errors in goal. The amount of ink devoted to Chelsea's woes, tends to skip Cech and some of his questionable decisions. (His "rough few games" extend into last season btw). To me his body language points toward a more laissez faire attitude towards the whole thing. Maybe it was just easier to stay back there and pull off spectacular saves when the defense was the best in the league. Maybe the whole high-line thing is not comfortable for him. But if a man like Almunia, or Heurelho Gomes do them thing, there would be an inquest and calls for beheading.

The other comments was just kicks. You need to lighten up a bit. The ball hit the frame a few times and Cech didn't have much influence on the outcome in those instances. He didn't have a reaction though, which led to the comments between Bake and Shark and myself.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2162 on: December 06, 2011, 01:53:14 PM »
Big game for Villas Boas. Heard him yesterday harping on and on about how inconsequential this game was yet everybody knows that this is his biggest Chelsea game to date. Valencia in good form and Soldado proving that Torres time as an automatic pick for the Spain squad is long gone.

I think Villas Boas pick his best line-up but that means Lampard is on the bench in a must-win CL league game. Drogba admit that they had (have) problems in the camp and Villas Boas make the odd move of announcing that Anelka and Alex training solo. Clearly the old guard not happy but at least he have Drogba onside by playing him (wisely) in front of Torres

He have a long road to hoe because even if he win this he have to deal with the fact that his best side does not contain Lampard. If he lose it will be a stick for Terry to beat him with.

I know United in a similar situation tomorrow so I not taking any delight in Chelsea situation but if United go out nobody talking about sacking the manager. I just really interested to see how this one plays out.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: December 06, 2011, 03:48:20 PM »
drogba boy class is class
I pity the fool....

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: December 06, 2011, 04:03:35 PM »

has been my favorite EPL striker for some years now...

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: December 06, 2011, 04:15:34 PM »
Just back from the game. Something clicked tonight, we were fantastic.

Didier Drogba is a legend. He was utterly unstoppable tonight, he was a beast. I still cannot understand how anyone could ever think that Torres could come close to that standard. On his day Drogba is still one of the world's best strikers. The Valencia defenders were just bouncing off him. 2 goals and 1 excellent assist in a vintage Drogba performance of brute strength and exquiste control. 10 out of 10. He got an incredible standing ovation when he was subbed, the entire stadium was on their feet. Loved how he dedicated his opening goal celebration to Anelka, a fitting tribute.

Tactically, we just looked so much better tonight. There were spells when we were playing a brand of fluid, one touch football that I haven't seen us play for well over a year. Mata and Sturridge (particularly Sturridge) defended superbly, they were both tracking Valencia full backs and did an awesome job. And of course they were both excellent going forward. I have never been a Sturridge fan but he is gradually becoming a real part of this team...his speed has become a massive weapon for him in recent games, where he knocks the ball miles in front of him and then takes on the defence...hardly anyone can match him for pace. And Mata once again bossed the attack, with some lethal passing that led to both of Drogba's goals.

Ramires was great yet again, pressing high up the pitch and winning the ball time and time again. Earned his goal doing what he does best, hounding the defence into a mistake.

Romeu has now established himself in the side and was great once again, he is so assured in possession and can pick out a pass better than virtually anyone else in the side.

Fernando who? John Obi who? I'm delighted to see that AVB has realised that his first XI should include neither of these players.

Best game I've been to this season.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: December 06, 2011, 05:02:22 PM »

has been my favorite EPL striker for some years now...

mine too
I pity the fool....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: December 06, 2011, 05:23:49 PM »
Excellent performance by Chelsea.

The intent and purpose from the Newcastle game was replicated here. I don't want to goat mouth it but I feeling like this team has turned a corner. With more wins will come confidence, but players are settling into their roles well.

Big call by AVB to drop Lampard in a crucial game like this. The team is much more mobile without him in the middle and moves the ball much faster. Those one touch interchanges just don't happen when he is in the middle, he always has to collect, turn, look up for passing options (that have disappeared by then) then make the simple lateral pass allowing the opposing defence to get back into shape.

Mata's game is taking on a new dimension, he really coming into his own in the English game much like David Silva did at City. He is the creative force but he is also understanding his defensive responsibility which is good. Sturridge on the right too, if he can be a little more clinical and a little less greedy he will be a force.

And i guess everything has already been said about Drogba. He look alot like his old self today, powerful and unplayable in the air even though he has lost a yard of pace. I thought in the first 20 mins of the second half he started to look tired, but then he turned it on and could have had a hattrick. This looking like his last hurrah so lewwe enjoy every last minute of it.

Bring on City, lewee show dem we properly back in business.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: December 06, 2011, 05:34:31 PM »
Big call by AVB to drop Lampard in a crucial game like this.

Big call, but I think Lampard will still start ahead of Meireles in most games. First and foremost, this game called for a clean sheet and Lampard offers less defensively than Meireles. Lampard is a goalscorer though, so I guess we'll see what AVB values more.

I think Lampard is more than happy to play one-touch ball, but he didnt really have noone to combine with last season. The addition of Romeu and Mata to the midfield gives us a core of gifted passers who are willing to show for the ball and play a fluid passing game (in contrast to Mikel, who was useless).

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: December 06, 2011, 06:57:29 PM »
i must say, my eyes got a little wet watching drogba today. amazing game by him and the entire team. and AVB is turning into a mini mourinho.  d man fleck up d media normal normal.

on to city
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: December 07, 2011, 03:43:39 AM »
Sorry,

My original comment was that nobody mentions Cech's errors in goal. The amount of ink devoted to Chelsea's woes, tends to skip Cech and some of his questionable decisions. (His "rough few games" extend into last season btw). To me his body language points toward a more laissez faire attitude towards the whole thing. Maybe it was just easier to stay back there and pull off spectacular saves when the defense was the best in the league. Maybe the whole high-line thing is not comfortable for him. But if a man like Almunia, or Heurelho Gomes do them thing, there would be an inquest and calls for beheading.

The other comments was just kicks. You need to lighten up a bit. The ball hit the frame a few times and Cech didn't have much influence on the outcome in those instances. He didn't have a reaction though, which led to the comments between Bake and Shark and myself.

Nah, I didn't need to "lighten up" not one bit more than I already am, jed.  Certain people will never get any respect from me, is all that is.   Anyway, one of the things I notice is that people tend not to take a total view of things.  Last year when Chelsea started off hot and went into a disastrous tailspin, Petr Cech was savin' we ass time after time, when our forwards wasn't scoring and our midfield was not possessing and transitioning the ball to required effectiveness.  GK's are going to make errors just like every body else, but you have to quantify their pros against their cons and Petr Cech, over his entire career, much less his time at Chelsea, has more than proven his worth, time and time and time again. So, his "rough few games" to me, refer to games where he actually make terrible errors of judgement, handling, distribution. etc, like the goal he let in against Bayer Leverkusen in the CL a couple weeks ago, or the one that he allowed past him at the hands of Theo Walcott.....Y'all men does forget that as equally well trained as a man like Cech is, so are his opponents.  GK's are going to get beaten by well-taken shots from time to time and sometimes it's y'all armchair critics that need to lighten up and be more (honestly) objective.  It's not like Cech lettin' feeble shots roll under him or between his legs or them kinda primary school things. (see Frank Lampard's speculative effort give Gomes one of his many hairy moments) and comparing Cech to Almunia is like comparing Pele to andy carroll.  Almunia's hairy moments far outnumbered his graceful ones, hence the reason he was so vilified....and (rightfully) run out of town.  Gomes, I felt, had a hard time adjusting to the pace and physicality of the English game and was (a little harshly) run out of town.....IMHO
the asshole that you were trading banter with, always comes on here to "trow corn" as he so effeminately likes to do, when liverpool have their own fair share of hairy moments to expect out of pepe reina. His gaffe against Fulham wasn't his only one this season.   

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: December 07, 2011, 03:58:52 AM »
Excellent performance by Chelsea.

The intent and purpose from the Newcastle game was replicated here. I don't want to goat mouth it but I feeling like this team has turned a corner. With more wins will come confidence, but players are settling into their roles well.

Big call by AVB to drop Lampard in a crucial game like this. The team is much more mobile without him in the middle and moves the ball much faster. Those one touch interchanges just don't happen when he is in the middle, he always has to collect, turn, look up for passing options (that have disappeared by then) then make the simple lateral pass allowing the opposing defence to get back into shape.

Mata's game is taking on a new dimension, he really coming into his own in the English game much like David Silva did at City. He is the creative force but he is also understanding his defensive responsibility which is good. Sturridge on the right too, if he can be a little more clinical and a little less greedy he will be a force.

And i guess everything has already been said about Drogba. He look alot like his old self today, powerful and unplayable in the air even though he has lost a yard of pace. I thought in the first 20 mins of the second half he started to look tired, but then he turned it on and could have had a hattrick. This looking like his last hurrah so lewwe enjoy every last minute of it.

Bring on City, lewee show dem we properly back in business.

Well said.  This was Chelsea's best game of the season.  We are a team that needs ALL players playing their roles to optimum effectiveness in order to garner expected success and that is exactly what happend yesterday.  Still made some errors, but the early scoring and rejuvenated attitude negated them.   AVB has had to shuffle the team around due to the compacted schedule over the past coule weeks but I hope what I'm seeing is a sign of things to come.  It was good to see John Obi Mikel get to play a little more forward of the defensive role than he's been pigeon-holed into.  He need o re-familiarize himself with being an attacking mid. Lampard, for all the love I have for him, is no longer bringing the value that he did 5 & 6 years ago, plain and simple.  His best days are behind him. 
Drogba was his optimum, beastly BEST yesterday.....What seems to be a swan song campaign.....I will miss the hell outta him when he does part ways with the team but I really hope it ain't in January as the rumours have it.   While I like Sturridge's hunger, I do agree that he does have to be just a tad bit.........less greedy. 

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2172 on: December 07, 2011, 06:01:43 AM »
Not most big games. Before Romeu was getting starts Lampard and Meireles could sweat at the expense of Obi Mikel. Can’t see that happening in “most” big games now.

Lampard is a good player but people get fooled by his goals. His defensive capabilities are vastly over-rated and he is not as versatile as Meireles. He also does not move the ball as well. Mata playing nominally on the left but you want him to have license to move about the pitch. Meireles is a much better player at knowing how to fill the gaps, and then using the ball. He wouldn’t be suited to Lampard old role of running into the box at will but he is a much better role player.

Drogba is as Drogba was, unstoppable. Have to give Villas Boas credit for quietly ending the debate on the Torres role in the squad.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2173 on: December 07, 2011, 06:17:12 AM »
Nah, I didn't need to "lighten up" not one bit more than I already am, jed.  Certain people will never get any respect from me, is all that is.   Anyway, one of the things I notice is that people tend not to take a total view of things.  Last year when Chelsea started off hot and went into a disastrous tailspin, Petr Cech was savin' we ass time after time, when our forwards wasn't scoring and our midfield was not possessing and transitioning the ball to required effectiveness.  GK's are going to make errors just like every body else, but you have to quantify their pros against their cons and Petr Cech, over his entire career, much less his time at Chelsea, has more than proven his worth, time and time and time again. So, his "rough few games" to me, refer to games where he actually make terrible errors of judgement, handling, distribution. etc, like the goal he let in against Bayer Leverkusen in the CL a couple weeks ago, or the one that he allowed past him at the hands of Theo Walcott.....Y'all men does forget that as equally well trained as a man like Cech is, so are his opponents.  GK's are going to get beaten by well-taken shots from time to time and sometimes it's y'all armchair critics that need to lighten up and be more (honestly) objective.  It's not like Cech lettin' feeble shots roll under him or between his legs or them kinda primary school things. (see Frank Lampard's speculative effort give Gomes one of his many hairy moments) and comparing Cech to Almunia is like comparing Pele to andy carroll.  Almunia's hairy moments far outnumbered his graceful ones, hence the reason he was so vilified....and (rightfully) run out of town.  Gomes, I felt, had a hard time adjusting to the pace and physicality of the English game and was (a little harshly) run out of town.....IMHO
the asshole that you were trading banter with, always comes on here to "trow corn" as he so effeminately likes to do, when liverpool have their own fair share of hairy moments to expect out of pepe reina. His gaffe against Fulham wasn't his only one this season.   

I think the goalkeeper thing is a real joke sometimes. All goalkeepers make mistakes but things like “coulda get to that” , “didn’t get down in time” , “should have come for that cross” are very subjective. I have a personal beef with the bluster that surrounded De Gea based on two shots that he arguably could have done better on, not fumbles.

But even fumbles happen and the difference between “keeper at fault for a goal” or “shaky moment” is down to where the ball fall.

Take Al Habsi…it have some games where he playing out of his skin and he is a good keeper but he has also had some big mistakes. Just this season I see Reina drop a ball at Adebayor feet for a goal, make a mess for Spain on the England goal and now this one against Fulham. Also I see him run out for a ball against Norwich that he never was going to get and Liverpool drop two points, but again that happens all the time and he coulda stay back and get string up same way. Now I not too concerned with beating down a next team keeper but people do not put keepers’ performances in proper context because you could rip any keeper apart on most goals.

I agree that Cech was excellent last season. Think he was Chelsea’s best player. Don’t think his perfoamances are as good this season though.

The keepers for me this season are Friedel, Hart and Krul. With Friedel being one of the best buys of the season. Talk about an underrated player.  Sczezny and De gea well competent and steady right now which is all yuh need from them right now.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: December 07, 2011, 06:49:38 AM »
Nah, I didn't need to "lighten up" not one bit more than I already am, jed. 

Allyuh still sensitive, but that is ok. Drogba was part of the problem until yesterday.  :)

Don’t think his perfoamances are as good this season though.

The keepers for me this season are Friedel, Hart and Krul. With Friedel being one of the best buys of the season. Talk about an underrated player.  Sczezny and De gea well competent and steady right now which is all yuh need from them right now.

You ent rate Vorm as well?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2175 on: December 07, 2011, 07:40:11 AM »

I think the goalkeeper thing is a real joke sometimes. All goalkeepers make mistakes but things like “coulda get to that” , “didn’t get down in time” , “should have come for that cross” are very subjective. I have a personal beef with the bluster that surrounded De Gea based on two shots that he arguably could have done better on, not fumbles.

But even fumbles happen and the difference between “keeper at fault for a goal” or “shaky moment” is down to where the ball fall.

Take Al Habsi…it have some games where he playing out of his skin and he is a good keeper but he has also had some big mistakes. Just this season I see Reina drop a ball at Adebayor feet for a goal, make a mess for Spain on the England goal and now this one against Fulham. Also I see him run out for a ball against Norwich that he never was going to get and Liverpool drop two points, but again that happens all the time and he coulda stay back and get string up same way. Now I not too concerned with beating down a next team keeper but people do not put keepers’ performances in proper context because you could rip any keeper apart on most goals.

I agree that Cech was excellent last season. Think he was Chelsea’s best player. Don’t think his perfoamances are as good this season though.

Good post.

This was sort of what I was alluding to in the Liverpool thread where i think the whole Reina versus Cech debate started. Agreed that Cech has not been at his best this year, although my own personal opinion is that is more symptomatic of the defence as a whole in front of him this year not being up to scratch.

But as for goalkeeping errors, i totally agree with how you classify them as there is a distinct difference. Probably over 90% of Cech's errors have mostly been errors in positioning (like conceding goals at the near post) and errors in judgement (like not commanding certain situations). The goals he gave up in the Arsenal game were a prime example. However i don't think anyone can fault Cech for mishandling, fumbling or messing up on textbook saves. Reina on the other hand prone to those kind of gaffes, dropping crosses, occasional fumbles, flapping etc.

The casual watcher might say well an error is an error but there is a big difference in my opinion. To put it simply, from the perspective of the teammates a near post goal or bad positioning is "wham hoss yuh shoulda save that!" while a fumble or gaffe is, "wha de m&%$* c*#@ is that hoss?!". I know i woulda get cuss for that piece of jokiness Reina do against Fulham but not for what Cech did.

That is why i say Van Der Sar was so good last year and shouldve been Man United's player of the season. I don't think there was a goal that went in that you could really say he should have done better with, in fact when VDS get bore yuh know is a correct bore. You mention Al Habsi, and the miracle saves are all well and good but the most important barometer for a keeper is consistency, and when a keeper is dependable enough to make every single textbook saves it translates to the defense as a whole. Thats why them old men keepers have plenty value.

Krul is my keeper of the season so far by the way. Vorm, De Gea and Hart doing well too.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: December 07, 2011, 07:50:03 AM »
To put it simply, from the perspective of the teammates a near post goal or bad positioning is "wham hoss yuh shoulda save that!" while a fumble or gaffe is, "wha de m&%$* c*#@ is that hoss?!".

This is the best goalkeeping analysis I have ever seen. Describes it perfectly.
You should send an email to the networks asking them to include your new stat: The Cuss Out Quotient(COQ) is a measure of goalkeeper activity.
The scale ranges from "wha de m&%$* c*#@ is that hoss?!" on the low side to "Boss save keep!" and "Ooh gooooooddd!!!!!  YOU SEE DAT??!!" at the top of the scale.

I think is a winner.  ;D

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2177 on: December 07, 2011, 09:16:32 AM »
You ent rate Vorm as well?

I real impressed with Vorm  but all I see is highlights which where he obvioulsy flying all over the place. I also find it hard to be objective because he is a boss keeper in fantasy league. Similarly I probably not giving De Gea his full due because I recognize my bias.

That is why i say Van Der Sar was so good last year and shouldve been Man United's player of the season. I don't think there was a goal that went in that you could really say he should have done better with, in fact when VDS get bore yuh know is a correct bore. You mention Al Habsi, and the miracle saves are all well and good but the most important barometer for a keeper is consistency, and when a keeper is dependable enough to make every single textbook saves it translates to the defense as a whole. Thats why them old men keepers have plenty value.

I real impressed with Vorm  but all I see is highlights which where he obvioulsy flying all over the place. I also find it hard to be objective because he is a boss keeper in fantasy league. Similarly I probably not giving De Gea his full due because I recognize my bias.

I should add that there are bad keepers out there. Keepers who making errors so frequently that they clearly don't have the confidence or the skills. Almunia and Fabianski come to mind but them men are not the kind of players we talking about here.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: December 07, 2011, 03:40:30 PM »
I know United in a similar situation tomorrow so I not taking any delight in Chelsea situation but if United go out nobody talking about sacking the manager. I just really interested to see how this one plays out.

It played out great  :rotfl:

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: December 07, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »
Nicolas Anelka in talks with Shanghai Shenhua
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16076108.stm

Nicolas Anelka will decide whether to join Shanghai Shenhua on a three-year deal by the start of next week.

The Chelsea striker's camp is in talks with the Chinese Super League club, who are expected to bring former France midfielder Jean Tigana in as manager.

Neither club has revealed details about the transfer fee but discussions taking place between the player and the club include details on image rights.

Anelka was Avram Grant's first signing at Stamford Bridge in January 2008.

The French striker, 32, joined in a £15m switch and has scored 59 goals in 185 appearances for the London club.

But he has fallen out of the first-team picture having scored only once in 15 games this season, with manager Andre Villas-Boas favouring Didier Drogba, Daniel Sturridge and Fernando Torres.

Anelka and Chelsea team-mate Alex were told by Villas-Boas last week that they will no longer train with the first-team squad after handing in transfer requests.

The striker would be a free agent next summer, allowing him to sign a pre-contract agreement with a club from January.

Shanghai Shenhua club chairman Zhu Jun is quoted in Shanghai Daily, saying: "We started to talk about every detail from the first minute of the negotiations. The whole contract is made up of details. It's comprehensive and complicated, involving the player's image and the commercial cooperation."

Media officer Ma Yue has confirmed: "There'll be news very soon. In five days, we'll definitely have news on whether it is yes or no."

Regarding the length of deal, Ma added: "In England or other European countries, his age might be considered quite advanced. But the football level is not as high here. We don't think it's any problem for him to play for another three years."

He also told Shanghai Daily that the club has held "deep talks" with Anelka's agent, his brother Claude.

According to Ma, the arrival of Tigana could be a factor in whether Anelka agrees terms. Tigana is expected in Shanghai next week and is planning to bring his own assistants.

The Chinese club was previously called Shanghai Football Club but, in 1993, was re-organised and became a professional football Club. Since then, they have won two titles but finished 11th out of 16 teams last season.

In May, Chelsea hired the agency ECN Management to market high-profile players in China and raise their global profile.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: December 07, 2011, 05:07:43 PM »
Re: Anelka ... haven't checked to see whether this was mentioned previously, but I read a couple days ago that there is supposedly interest expressed from the Montreal Impact.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: December 08, 2011, 04:03:28 AM »

So well said....and 99% of the times, the people making these judgements are people that have absolutely NO CLUE about the position to understand the whys and why nots of a GK's judgment. Same sort of judgment that propel people to utter the famous catch phrase "anything in the 6-yard box is the 'keeper own" when nothing could be further from the truth. I saw your post about the De Gea thing and couldn't agree with you more.....didn't have the time to respond to it......and that other jackass that responded to it with his usual  :bs:.

I agree that he has had his fair share of misjudgments this season.....AND last....AND the season before, etc...but this season is magnified and compounded by the entire team's poor play.  As often as the team has left him and the defense exposed, he's going to naturally have his moments of poor jusdment himself, especially when some of the so called "errors" that these expert jackasses talkin' 'bout revolve around his "positioning".  He was well-positioned for every one of the goals he conceded against arsenal.  he simply didn't make the saves, with the Theo Walcott one being the one I find he "shoulda" made easily, especially for a man of his expectations.  The pace and swerve on that van Persies coffin-sealer was beating any 'keeper in any league.....especially pepe reina.  funny though, that you DO mention reina and his crosses....some time ago I tried explaining to that liverpool piss-drinker that there is a huge difference between a GK "flapping at a cross" and being beaten to one by and opponent but of course, I was the one that didn't know what I was talkin' 'bout.  ::)  I hope he gets it now that reina has provided us with way more flapping demonstrations than is acceptable for a man of his "pedigree"

Hart has more than proven his woth and he's the best and most consistent thing England has had in a while.  He is in great form and I think he is proving to be a world class 'keeper.....cannot say enough about Brad Friedel.  for a man of his size, height and now, age, it is unbelievable what he is doing between the posts.....his ability to get down and get at them low, corner shots is phenomenal!  Fully agree with you on Krul, De Gea and Scezney.  I rel like Scezney and (begrudgingly) ah hadda mention Vorm as well.   

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: December 08, 2011, 04:08:46 AM »
Nah, I didn't need to "lighten up" not one bit more than I already am, jed. 

Allyuh still sensitive, but that is ok. Drogba was part of the problem until yesterday.   :)

Yes he was/is....ever since last season when people was jumpin' on Ramires and Mikel back, I was pointing out that Drogba was not being the Drogba we needed him to be...he and all the players that weren't carrying their share of the load.

Don’t think his perfoamances are as good this season though.
see above....

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:16:47 AM by Mango Chow! »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: December 08, 2011, 05:01:53 PM »
Allyuh still sensitive, but that is ok. Drogba was part of the problem until yesterday.   :)

Yes he was/is....ever since last season when people was jumpin' on Ramires and Mikel back, I was pointing out that Drogba was not being the Drogba we needed him to be...he and all the players that weren't carrying their share of the load.

I agree Drogba was not at his best last season...but carrying a broken arm, a hernia and malaria would slow most of us down....people sayin that this spell is a last hoorah for Drogba but the man is simply gettin back to full fitness..he will be f**kin up defenders for at least another couple of seasons.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: December 09, 2011, 04:08:21 AM »

I agree Drogba was not at his best last season...but carrying a broken arm, a hernia and malaria would slow most of us down....

Yeah and dize why I worded it the way I did and din't say he was playin' shit.  But him not being his usual self did hurt us last season but he could always get a bly in my book because of all d shit he has done for Chelsea fans and all the shit he took from the media, opposing fans, players (like jonny evans) and referees while doing it.

people sayin that this spell is a last hoorah for Drogba but the man is simply gettin back to full fitness..he will be f**kin up defenders for at least another couple of seasons.

I doh want to see him leave just yet at all, but I think Chelsea and AVB already starting to prepare for his departure in January.....but we've seen that before, too.......I really hope he stays a little while longer so he and Sturridge could do some serious damage up front the rest of this season.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2185 on: December 09, 2011, 11:03:10 AM »
Can't see Drogba leaving in January TBH. Chelsea not getting any big money fopr aman with 6 months left and Drogba getting more money if he sign as a feee agent in Summer.

Plus he getting to wine on Torres head for a next half a season. He know if he perform out of his skin he might force a next two years out of the club or leave them wanting more.

Yuh never know he might play good enough to get a move to United in June.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: December 09, 2011, 04:45:33 PM »
fellas lets remeber lampard though not the "CREATIVE LINK" that we craved to see @ chelsea was never a player played for his defensive duties......which is y when he is in the team we ALWAYS had two HARD MEN with him in the middle....in a 4 3 3 for any coach the ideal solution is to have 6 On DEF and 4 in Attack guaranteed cover and numbers going forward....lampard would become that 4th attacker with his late runs and depending on which side the ball came from the other side would ensure there is two in the box ...do remember tho ths was when chelsea were a POWERFUL side nothing more nothing less...there was no elegance in the buildup play just constructive and HARD HITTING .....the sad part is to evolve to ATTRACTIVE football you have to minimise the use of the power and utilise the speed of pass and frankly as a couple of u guys said before Mireless is more adept in his speed of pass .dont discredit lamps eye for a pass tho the face is that 1-2 quik passing technique that mireless displayed with romeu and mata is INVALUABLE to ATTRACTIVE FOOTBALL and something that LAMPS lacks

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: December 09, 2011, 04:59:38 PM »
fellas lets remeber lampard though not the "CREATIVE LINK" that we craved to see @ chelsea was never a player played for his defensive duties......which is y when he is in the team we ALWAYS had two HARD MEN with him in the middle....in a 4 3 3 for any coach the ideal solution is to have 6 On DEF and 4 in Attack guaranteed cover and numbers going forward....lampard would become that 4th attacker with his late runs and depending on which side the ball came from the other side would ensure there is two in the box ...do remember tho ths was when chelsea were a POWERFUL side nothing more nothing less...there was no elegance in the buildup play just constructive and HARD HITTING .....the sad part is to evolve to ATTRACTIVE football you have to minimise the use of the power and utilise the speed of pass and frankly as a couple of u guys said before Mireless is more adept in his speed of pass .dont discredit lamps eye for a pass tho the face is that 1-2 quik passing technique that mireless displayed with romeu and mata is INVALUABLE to ATTRACTIVE FOOTBALL and something that LAMPS lacks

I fully agree and couldn't have said it better myself.  Yes, sometimes Lampard does make some nice passes, but he does struggle with the quick passing from time to time and he is a bit more methoodical and predictable with his passing than where I see AVB wants to take this team.  I've said it before that the style of play in english football is slowly evolving and it simply calls for more skill, speed and artistry in midfield and that is not Lampard's game.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: December 10, 2011, 01:47:02 AM »
Can't see Drogba leaving in January TBH. Chelsea not getting any big money fopr aman with 6 months left and Drogba getting more money if he sign as a feee agent in Summer.

Plus he getting to wine on Torres head for a next half a season. He know if he perform out of his skin he might force a next two years out of the club or leave them wanting more.

Yuh never know he might play good enough to get a move to United in June.

I had read on either fox or espn, an article that suggested he was one of the aging players that AVB would be looking to let go of come Januaryand while all what yuh saying is true, I eh truss nobody, especially with an quasi-impatient owner like Abramovic.  I doh think it fair to say that Drogba's best days are behind him, but, to be honest, I am noot expecting any regularity out of the performance he had against Valencia this week. (but would GLADLY take being wrong)  I just want him, at this point to perform like it in the most important games.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: December 10, 2011, 06:10:24 PM »
from whiat i gather on the Drogba situation its a odd one ....AVB facing his first bout with upstairs and Ron Gourlay...looks like gourlay tryna adapt the arsene wenger move of only 1 year deals to the over 30s ...it is a smart policy overall but there has to be an exception and drogba is that. AVB wants the club to give hima two year deal and he echoed that in a recent conference where he say he believe the club shuld reward those who display their value and said drogba showed his against valencia....HOWEVER within the same day on the rumor mill page of chelsea shed end section for fans of their website a report was released where the club stood firm on their stance of NOT offering him a two year deal ....so all drogs can do is try to keep banging them in and force their hand.

on another note i have to admit that while i was all for the cavalier way we displayed early in the season i believe that the high line and defensive errors will cost us against city if we do that and we cannot afford to lose....we must play the same way we played against valencia strong and compact in defence with no room to get in behind and adequate cover in ALL areas otherwise Silva + Nasri and the running of Aguero WILL hurt us.

1]; } ?>