Yes
12 (17.9%)
No
34 (50.7%)
Hell Yes
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: January 02, 2006, 04:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica Football Thread.  (Read 482064 times)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica Football Thread.
« Reply #2940 on: May 28, 2012, 08:55:05 AM »
Whitmore job is on the line as Burrell is of the firm belief that CONCACAF teams need a foreign coach.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: May 28, 2012, 09:37:28 AM »
Whitmore job is on the line as Burrell is of the firm belief that CONCACAF teams need a foreign coach.
Whitmores Job is safe for now...no chance of a foreign coach being added to the existing coaching team...if Whitmore eventually goes, he more than likely will be replaced by one of his existing Brazilian assistants. Panama has forever given Jamaica trouble...they are a rising team in CONCACAF, they have a quality bench also.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:39:38 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: May 29, 2012, 06:43:35 AM »
Jamaica slipping this year.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: May 29, 2012, 10:36:47 AM »
1. that is not the final team

2. there are so many new players, so there is no chemistry as yet.

3. the game could have easily been 3-1 Jamaica, with multiple shots cannoning off the post. 
Hard work is the key to success

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: May 29, 2012, 03:56:04 PM »
Lets see what happens in Panama City Friday. I expect a better performance. I'd rather us lose now than lose in critical games. We will be OK...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Oral Tracey on Jamaica's home lost against Panama!
« Reply #2945 on: May 30, 2012, 07:50:42 PM »
Oral Tracey on Jamaica's home lost against Panama!  :devil:
http://www.televisionjamaica.com/Programmes/SportsCommentary.aspx/Videos/18272
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: May 31, 2012, 01:51:02 AM »
1. that is not the final team

2. there are so many new players, so there is no chemistry as yet.

3. the game could have easily been 3-1 Jamaica, with multiple shots cannoning off the post. 
Panama for some reason has own Jamaica .. and all I hear is di same excuse , over and over again... to much new players, di game could have easily be this and dat, this is not we final team yet.. come on man, Panama won .. simple.. anyway Looking foward to the game in Panama City..  Jamaica aint no push over I know dat and I dont know how Panama doing so well and nuff of there players a missing from there squad should be a good game wish I could see it some where.. good luck  Jah...

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: May 31, 2012, 04:22:33 AM »
Oral Tracey on Jamaica's home lost against Panama!  :devil:
http://www.televisionjamaica.com/Programmes/SportsCommentary.aspx/Videos/18272
PPL does watch this man and get some serious kicks, but if yuh really sit and listen carefully to this bredder, he actually knows what he's taking bout. we need an oral tracy in T&T to put some heat under the sports community there in trinbago.

i specifically like when he said that jamaica don't have a system that is played from the yute level on up. same disease with T&T football. what is our system, losing?? unstable defense, not being able to make a simple 40 yrs pass, inability to screen a ball from an opponent ? what is our system??!!

i had to rub my ear lobes twice when i hear spalk say that the 2014 campaign is over and he's not funding senior football anymore, and his focus is on the u23 olympic team, this is what i call repeating the same folly over and over! right now we not playing no kinda football, not even a single friendly since finland.

very soon we start the degicel cup campaign, yuh want tuh bet they will wait till the eleventh hour to get going?? and they want success.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: May 31, 2012, 08:38:09 AM »
So Tappa lost his first match. Big deal. He also has 4 wins and a draw. All  in 2012. Why didn't Oral Tracey point this out.
Panama won fair and square against a non-cohesive Reggae Boyz central midfield, with the exception of Joel Senior at left-wing whom was brilliant throughout the match. Making tackles and troubling the Panamanian defence.
And does anyone in their football right mind really believe that Jamaica's Reggae Boyz will play that poorly for the return friendly with Panama; and the World Cup qualifiers with Guatemala and Antigua & Barbuda.
Watch the Jamaican waggonists jump back on the bandwagon after these matches.  :flamethrower: them. ;D       
jjbrown

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: May 31, 2012, 08:45:19 AM »
So Tappa lost his first match. Big deal. He also has 4 wins and a draw. All  in 2012. Why didn't Oral Tracey point this out.
Panama won fair and square against a non-cohesive Reggae Boyz central midfield, with the exception of Joel Senior at left-wing whom was brilliant throughout the match. Making tackles and troubling the Panamanian defence.
And does anyone in their football right mind really believe that Jamaica's Reggae Boyz will play that poorly for the return friendly with Panama; and the World Cup qualifiers with Guatemala and Antigua & Barbuda.
Watch the Jamaican waggonists jump back on the bandwagon after these matches.  :flamethrower: them. ;D       

Like I said in a previous post, now is the time to lose. In fact, this might be a blessing in disguise, and i really do expect a much improved showing in tomorrows return leg game. Having said that, Panama will be a serious contender for a spot in Brazil.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: May 31, 2012, 09:07:44 AM »
JA need to focus to beat Guate Guate, they not beating the US and everybody beating Antigua.

It coming down to how they do versus guatemala.

It will be a battle hopefully they show teh games somewhere on Tv.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: June 03, 2012, 11:25:56 PM »
wham ??...48 hours ( ours) gone and no vibe on the 1-2 vz Panama ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: June 04, 2012, 07:58:08 AM »
wham ??...48 hours ( ours) gone and no vibe on the 1-2 vz Panama ???
news like dat the so call "true football" fans does not like to post.. Thanks for the news was waiting to hear di scorleine ,and when it was not comming foward by jah and dem boys I know it had to be a lost...

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: June 04, 2012, 01:02:38 PM »
WE NEED SOMEONE LIKE HIM IN TT MAYBE WE MIGHT LEARN A TING OR TWO.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: June 05, 2012, 09:20:30 AM »
King and Humphrey axed for breaking curfew

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18328636

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: June 05, 2012, 12:38:50 PM »
Oral Tracey comments on King & Humphrey’s two game suspension after Panama vs Jamaica lost in Panama! 
http://www.televisionjamaica.com/Programmes/SportsCommentary.aspx/Videos/18459

Is coach Whitmore trying to use these two players as a scapegoat for his own short comings as Jamaica's national team coach?!  :yellowcard:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:43:18 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: June 05, 2012, 01:02:14 PM »
Oral Tracey comments on King & Humphrey’s two game suspension after Panama vs Jamaica lost in Panama! 
http://www.televisionjamaica.com/Programmes/SportsCommentary.aspx/Videos/18459

Is coach Whitmore trying to use these two players as a scapegoat for his own short comings as Jamaica's national team coach?!  :yellowcard:
I never understood why this man is always yelling and needs a laugh track.  Anyway making them a scapegoat would not make sense as both players were only used as subs in the two Panama friendlies (maybe thats why they had extra energy  ;D) and Humphrey actually looked quite good in the first match.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Oral Tracey comments on Jamaica's latest performances!
« Reply #2957 on: June 15, 2012, 07:54:35 PM »
Oral Tracey comments on Jamaica's latest performances and says he is not surprised! :devil:
http://www.televisionjamaica.com/Programmes/SportsCommentary.aspx/Videos/18687

Wonder how come RF and dem so quiet these days?  :worried:

I had to go back about 5 pages to find this thread, normally dem fellas does keep this thread up in we face 24/7!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:56:16 PM by Socapro »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: June 15, 2012, 10:22:34 PM »
cause dey fu#king shithongs
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: June 15, 2012, 10:40:35 PM »
We know
We here know that but I was not sure that they also knew that until now!  :devil:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: June 16, 2012, 02:27:09 AM »
We know
We here know that but I was not sure that they also knew that until now!  :devil:
You joking right?? yuh have to be! jamaica just might win this group, what's so shitty about that? :notlistening:

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: June 16, 2012, 06:40:54 AM »
Oral Tracey comments on Jamaica's latest performances and says he is not surprised! :devil:

I had to go back about 5 pages to find this thread, normally dem fellas does keep this thread up in we face 24/7!

Do i need to remind you that JAmaica sits joint top of its group level on points with the USA with 4 points each from possible 6?
There is nthing to gloat about or be ashamed of in how things have turned out so far in jamaica's group...in fact, things have gone pretty much to script after the opening two games. Next game for Jamaica is key...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: June 16, 2012, 08:12:55 AM »

Do i need to remind you that JAmaica sits joint top of its group level on points with the USA with 4 points each from possible 6?
There is nthing to gloat about or be ashamed of in how things have turned out so far in jamaica's group...in fact, things have gone pretty much to script after the opening two games. Next game for Jamaica is key...
RF, aahhahh em, those men are just kidding bro, so don't get your feathers ruffled.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: June 16, 2012, 08:32:21 AM »

Eh RF, i said this many times before , and i'll say it again, yuh see that bredder oral tracy, he may make light of things with his comedic style, but the man does be on point.

that experimental BS is just that! latapy and maturana did the same thing with our football, they must have looked @ close to 200 players combined and was still looking, and i believe that those tactics was the demise of us, bc we didn't have cohesion.

right now, T&T eh play ah game since febuary, and with all these teams playing in qualifying, we can't seem to get one single friendly with our best eleven is ah crying shame. jack gone and the ppl there still can't seem to get their act together.

boy i curse the day i started supporting T&T football again, pretty soon i will have to throw in the towel in order to keep my sanity.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: June 16, 2012, 09:42:49 AM »
Do we have a Trinidad thread in the Jamaican forums?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: June 16, 2012, 09:58:10 AM »
Do we have a Trinidad thread in the Jamaican forums?
Why, yuh want tuh start one?

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: June 16, 2012, 10:56:57 AM »
We know
Really! Knowing that Guyana nor Bermuda have never knocked Jamaica out of a World Cup qualifier is the  reason for not coming on this forum. Compared to you boasting of the Soca Warriors advancing to the HEX everytime the Reggae Boyz did not.
What is there to say when the painful truth is obvious.
So I can understand you trying to cover up your pain of the failure of your team to advance to the semi-final of World Cup qualifiers.  :peace:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:00:11 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: June 16, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »
We know
Really! Knowing that Guyana nor Bermuda have never knocked Jamaica out of a World Cup qualifier is the  reason for not coming on this forum. Compared to you boasting of the Soca Warriors advancing to the HEX everytime the Reggae Boyz did not.
What is there to say when the painful truth is obvious.
So I can understand you trying to cover up your pain of the failure of your team to advance to the semi-final of World Cup qualifiers.  :peace:
I was just on a bit of kicks man!  ;D
Good luck!
Hope you guys make it so we can have at least 1 Caribbean team making the Hex that has a decent chance of advancing to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil!  :beermug:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2968 on: June 21, 2012, 02:35:41 AM »
Burrell urges Jamaica to  build stadiums like T&T.
By Shaun Fuentes

Jamaican Football Federation president Captain Horace Burrell has made a plea to the Jamaican Government to build four mini stadia in that country similar to what exist in T&T.

Burrell was speaking at the Red Stripe Premier League awards ceremony recently where he issued the call to Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller to consider the building of the stadiums as part of the government’s Jamaica Emergency Employment Programme (JEEP).

“I am appealing to the Prime Minister and sports minister, via minister without portfolio in the ministry of sports, Natalie Neita-Headley, who is in attendance, for the incorporation of the building of at least four mini-stadiums in the JEEP Programme,” said Burrell.

“We could build some 10,000-seat venues that are similar to the ones in T&T which have, over the years, allowed that country to host major regional and international tournaments. It would put people to work and it would be money well spent.” Burrell said the matter of playing surfaces in the country, saying this was limiting the full development of players in Jamaica.

That country is still in the race for 2014 World Cup qualification. The Manny Ramjohn Stadium, one of the four stadiums built in 2001 (for the FIFA U-17 World Cup) that Burrell was referring to is this week being used to host the CFU Club Championship Finals which pits local clubs Caledonia AIA and W Connection in the final.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Oral Tracey says Jamaica needs a playmaker
« Reply #2969 on: July 01, 2012, 02:07:50 AM »
Oral Tracey says Jamaica needs a playmaker and should learn from Italy in Euro 2012! :devil:
http://www.televisionjamaica.com/Programmes/SportsCommentary.aspx/Videos/19035

1]; } ?>