May 17, 2024, 02:02:37 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 471750 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #990 on: January 09, 2011, 08:24:04 AM »
Lol... an absolute laugher. 

Hail, hail Man U.

:beermug:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 09, 2011, 08:49:13 AM »
Howard Webb is a man that never really impressed me to be worthy of the accolades he does be receiving.  I eh saying he's no good, or anywhere near as bad as some of these refs in the FA.  He's just not as good as "they" make him out to be and I have seen him make many a poor decision.  Sometimes I really think the issue of manu benefitting from dubious officiating really comes from a lower being.  I mean, how is it that time after time after time they get away with GLARING shit like what ferdinand did two weeks in a row (flying jump-kick to man stomach...and mind you, c**t-mouth was one of the FIRST men to crowd the ref to get gerrard sent off, eh!) and berbatov could fall down in a heap because a man barely scrape some dubbin off he boots and is a penalty?!  Now, on de flip side of it, that tackle that gerrard put een is par for the course for him. (and, for english football) He does ALWAYS get away wit dem kinda tackle....I guess by getting away with it so often, it gave him a comfort zone and webb wasn't tryin' to facilitate that today.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 09, 2011, 09:02:57 AM »
i feelin it for liverpool today...but is a real bad lucky first half they had (poor defending too in the case of agger but that is another story).   i agree with MC that howard webb ent all that.   how much pens he award united in his career?

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 09, 2011, 10:41:58 AM »
Setting aside all the referee talk (agree with the Gerrard red card; penalty was a joke), I thought it was a good performance. I thought Kelly and Aurelio were excellent in the positions that have been most troublesome this season. Torres still looks rusty in front of goal, but he tracked back more and got more involved.

On to Blackpool...  :beermug:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 09, 2011, 10:54:19 AM »
Liverpool needs a central midfield player who could pass the ball over 10m. Seriously, they need some creativity. Without it Gerrard, Torres and the wide players need to come deep to get service. This is more true for Gerrard, as it causes isolation of Torres.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 09, 2011, 12:00:17 PM »
Setting aside all the referee talk (agree with the Gerrard red card; penalty was a joke), I thought it was a good performance. I thought Kelly and Aurelio were excellent in the positions that have been most troublesome this season. Torres still looks rusty in front of goal, but he tracked back more and got more involved.

On to Blackpool...  :beermug:

I thought the Gerard tackle was a yellow if anything.  The commentators were making a meal of the "two-footed" talk, but watch closely and you'll see that his right foot was straight and a little off the ground, studs up... but his left leg trailed under the right, in contact with the ground at all times.  This is the same ref who famously only saw fit to issue de Jong a yellow in the WC finals.  Hard to really explain that discrepancy in a manner favorable to Webb.

All that aside as you said... I'm incredibly proud of the fight that the team showed.  I like Konchesky, ties to Hodgson or not, but Aurelio played his ass off, and Kelly just about put Johnson on notice.  I'm a huge Johnson fan... was ecstatic when we signed him... but there can be no more excuses now that the club has jettisoned Hodgson.

As for Torres... I dunno, he needs to turn it around.  I don't really buy into the whole "body language" talk... but if I did I would say that his is poor.  I seeing too much Stern creeping into his game... if pass ent perfect he can't be bothered... or lose the ball and he gives no effort to go after it.  To be fair most of this I observed in the 20 mins before he was subbed off, so maybe it's just fatigue.

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 09, 2011, 01:55:29 PM »
It was never a penalty...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 10, 2011, 02:00:44 AM »
Babel in trouble with FA for putting an image of Webb in a Manu shirt on twitter, give above with Johnson I'd expect Liverpool to put a stop to it.  God knows what he was thinking, has apologised but too late I think.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 10, 2011, 03:11:57 AM »
Babel in trouble with FA for putting an image of Webb in a Manu shirt on twitter, give above with Johnson I'd expect Liverpool to put a stop to it.  God knows what he was thinking, has apologised but too late I think.

Of course he is, wouldn't want the truth to come out now, would we?

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 10, 2011, 05:52:07 AM »

Of course he is, wouldn't want the truth to come out now, would we?

Well if the rest of the league's players bar top 4/5 did the same we would have various refs in various strips on Twitter on a bi weekly basis at least.  The lot get far too many decisions and are more sinners than sinned against and Webb is one of the worst offenders.  Happened for years and will continue to happen while the rest grin and bear it.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 10, 2011, 08:06:43 AM »
Clarke joins Reds revolution

Former Chelsea, West Ham and Newcastle assistant manager Steve Clarke has joined Liverpool as Kenny Dalglish's first-team coach.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/863608/liverpool-hire-ex-chelsea-assistant-steve-clarke-first-team-coach?cc=5739

Good news, fellas.  We in the doldrums, but the new owners working.  This was the man behind Mourinho at Chelsea.  Now we need some players for him to coach.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:08:24 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1001 on: January 10, 2011, 09:05:05 AM »
Well if the rest of the league's players bar top 4/5 did the same we would have various refs in various strips on Twitter on a bi weekly basis at least.  The lot get far too many decisions and are more sinners than sinned against and Webb is one of the worst offenders.  Happened for years and will continue to happen while the rest grin and bear it.

Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal don't get calls...ONLY United.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 10, 2011, 09:20:27 AM »

:rotfl: Nah, JDB, I eh takin' dat!  My Chelsea does get calls, too.....but not like manu.  Sometimes I does really tink these officials 'fraid fergie go come and haunt dem in dey dreams or someting. lol!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1003 on: January 10, 2011, 09:32:13 AM »

:rotfl: Nah, JDB, I eh takin' dat!  My Chelsea does get calls, too.....but not like manu.  Sometimes I does really tink these officials 'fraid fergie go come and haunt dem in dey dreams or someting. lol!

Are you really in a position to make that call objectively? Or does your natural bias lead you to exaggerate the number of calls that United gets and minimize the number that Chelsea gets. What is the actual number of the the difference in calls between United and the other big clubs?

I will be the first to admit that United gets calls and wouldn't for a moment suggest that they getting less than the other big four but this meme that they get so many unjustified calls is overplayed and as Kev points out, laughable when it comes from Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal fans.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 10, 2011, 10:10:31 AM »

Are you really in a position to make that call objectively? Or does your natural bias lead you to exaggerate the number of calls that United gets and minimize the number that Chelsea gets. What is the actual number of the the difference in calls between United and the other big clubs?

I will be the first to admit that United gets calls and wouldn't for a moment suggest that they getting less than the other big four but this meme that they get so many unjustified calls is overplayed and as Kev points out, laughable when it comes from Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal fans.

lighten up, padnah.  Nobody on here or anywhere short of any statistician's firm, contracted to do so, can come up with any stats.  The officiating in the epl, imho, is terrible, relative to the product english football is purported to be and the marketing it gets. Everybody gets their fair share of bad calls, yes.  But, from both a......quantitative and qualitative perspective, manu seems (and I always use the word "seems" eh) to get way more than their fair share of calls.  and I am not being niased, Brother.    When I see Michael Essien make some eye-popping tackles, I also see him get yellow and red-carded.  Same with John Obi Mikel.  More often than not, our playres get called on what they do.  However, like I asked some of the (more biased) manu fans last week sometime, when did anyone ever see a Chelsea player drop-kick a man in he chest and the wounded man get a yellow card (for what, I STILL dunno) a-la the evans-Drogba incident last year.  I don't recall ever seeing any of my players jump and kick man in the stomach and chest in mid-air and get away with it like ferdinand has been fashioned to do lately.  I mean, come on, it gets really rediculous sometimes and it's not just the fans of the bigger teams that feel that way.   Even in the most casual of conversations with random fans of the epl, whenever the subject comes up, most people will tell you that manu gets away with murder.   As much as I hate manu, I am not as biased as you think.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: January 10, 2011, 12:02:23 PM »
Babel has been charged.

NO matter who you support the top 4/5 all get more than their fair share.

Off the top of my head from this season against Sunderland, Gerrard for his elbow only a yellow (Atwell hasn't had a game in teh EPL since) and Ivanonic yellow when a blatant red by anybodies rules.  Both these were extremely blatant and most fans of other teams will be able to recall similar instances on an all too frequent basis.  Its not just reds though, yellows are not given when should be aswell.  Gerrard is a few of the Mr Untouchables, but I would of thought he was highlighted for a red after our game at the regular weekly ref meetings.  Personally I do think Manu get away with more than the rest, but probably not as many people think.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 10, 2011, 12:15:53 PM »
Don't see the big deal in what Babel did...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 10, 2011, 01:56:51 PM »
Clarke joins Reds revolution

Former Chelsea, West Ham and Newcastle assistant manager Steve Clarke has joined Liverpool as Kenny Dalglish's first-team coach.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/863608/liverpool-hire-ex-chelsea-assistant-steve-clarke-first-team-coach?cc=5739

Good news, fellas.  We in the doldrums, but the new owners working.  This was the man behind Mourinho at Chelsea.  Now we need some players for him to coach.

Indeed... first positive development at Anfield in 3-4 seasons.

All home teams get calls, especially the so-called big four.  However, you'd really be hard-pressed to make the case that ManU doesn't (in the least seem to) benefit from gigantic calls.  I have never been one to really complain about officiating... the one exception being when Mike Riley jobbed us against Chelsea in the 2008 season opener (and the FA subsequently acknowledged his error by demoting him).  I only start focusing my attention on Webb, and ManU in particular, starting with the derby against City last season.  Great game, marred by dubious officiating which not unsurprisingly went in United's favor.  Where there's smoke there's often fire, but I guess you United fans only seeing smoke of different colors.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 10, 2011, 02:31:37 PM »
Babel is a Champ!!!!!!!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #1009 on: January 11, 2011, 05:17:58 PM »
Babel should quit his day job now;  cause he find something he can actually do well. I will give him high marks for creativity as well as stupidity! Why these men don't think before they act, now he apologising. Own it son!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 16, 2011, 09:24:52 AM »
Kenny the saviour ent looking too good right about now.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 16, 2011, 11:42:07 AM »
Kenny the saviour ent looking too good right about now.

Anfield wasn't built in a day.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 18, 2011, 01:02:27 PM »
The fallout is complete... Liverpool sends Babel to Bundesliga side, Hoffenheim.  Probably best for all concerned, Babel deserves more steady playing time, and Liverpool gets £6-7 million to pursue Luis Suarez, that damn cheat.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reds-agree-babel-deal

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 18, 2011, 02:37:45 PM »
The fallout is complete... Liverpool sends Babel to Bundesliga side, Hoffenheim.  Probably best for all concerned, Babel deserves more steady playing time, and Liverpool gets £6-7 million to pursue Luis Suarez, that damn cheat.

nah boy....first my liverpool gets owned by red sox owners (yes im a die hard yankee fan) i let it pass because they are good owners but now suarez??? steups...it eh have anybody else?  >:(
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 18, 2011, 06:18:22 PM »
Ah wonder if Babel still have to pay the fine..or maybe it was included in the transfer fee

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 18, 2011, 06:57:07 PM »
Ah wonder if Babel still have to pay the fine..or maybe it was included in the transfer fee

The club's obligated to dock it from his salary, it's not up to the player... so likely that would have been part of the deal as well.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 19, 2011, 01:44:36 PM »

nah boy....first my liverpool gets owned by red sox owners (yes im a die hard yankee fan) i let it pass because they are good owners but now suarez??? steups...it eh have anybody else?  >:(

He is a cheat when playing for Uruguay, but I will take him at Liverpool.  Will be a good foil for Torres.  Look how he work with the target man Forlan in South Africa.  Nice finisher too. ;D

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 19, 2011, 03:04:40 PM »
Liverpool have been boosted in the race to sign Portuguese international left back Fabio Coentrao.

The Benfica defender has been linked with an Anfield switch in recent months, and has now revealed his personal feelings towards Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool side.

"I love Liverpool," Coentrao is re-quoted as saying on Live4Liverpool.

The 11 cap international also admitted that it was nice to be tracked by Real Madrid, and that being coached by the 'Special One' would be difficult to turn down.

"Who would not want to be coached by Mourinho?"

A product of the Rio Ave youth system, Coentrao joined Benfica in 2007. After three loans the following season, the player settled well into the Águias first team and has been a regular for the past two years.

Manchester United have also previously taken an interest in the player, and were again linked less than a week ago by the Daily Mail.

It is Liverpool who have been following the player more closely in recent months though, with scouts reportedly sent to watch the 22-year-old wingback at the Estádio da Luz.

Dalglish has been promised money to spend at Anfield by the club's new owners, NESV, and a left back is thought to be high on the Liverpool agenda in an effort to cover the under-performing Paul Konchesky.

The Reds would hope to negotiate a deal lower than the £20 million valuation, and Liverpool could face competition for the player were an offer for the highly-rated player accepted.

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/coentrao-admits-anfield-interest

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 19, 2011, 03:07:44 PM »

He is a cheat when playing for Uruguay, but I will take him at Liverpool.  Will be a good foil for Torres.  Look how he work with the target man Forlan in South Africa.  Nice finisher too. ;D

:banginghead: ehhh fine...hopefully he will link up with torres on the pitch.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 20, 2011, 01:07:53 PM »
Babel's still part of the team... and nothing firm on Suarez yet.  Long but insightful read from Kenny.

Kenny on owners, Wolves and kids

20th Jan 2011 - Latest News

Kenny Dalglish previewed the Wolves clash, spoke about his talks with the owners this week and chatted about potential stars at the Academy in his weekly press conference at Melwood today. Here's what he had to say…

Journalist: Kenny, have you seen a big change in the players over the past few weeks since taking charge?

Kenny Dalglish: Well I wasn't here before I came in, obviously. As I've said many times before, I'm delighted with the effort that they have put into training and the matches. I haven't been disappointed in any way, shape or form. We've been delighted with the response in what they have been asked to do and the response to myself, Stevie (Clarke) and Sammy (Lee). As I say, I have nothing to judge it on from before.

Journalist: Even from day one has there been a big difference from the players?

From day one to yesterday there's been the same attitude from all of the players. Even last night we let Joe Cole and Danny Wilson have 45 minutes, so we could get them on a football pitch to see what they could do. Both of their attitudes, as well as Dani Pacheco who was involved in Sunday's squad, have been superb. Sometimes when you get so-called first-team players in the reserves you wonder if they could have done a little bit better, but the three lads I've mentioned did well and it was great for them. They are back in training with us this morning.

Journalist: There's been a lot of focus on you in particular recently, hasn't there?

Yes, there's been a lot of focus on myself, but if you speak as you find it you aren't going to mislead many people, are you? We have a huge responsibility to do our business in the way it has been done since I've known Liverpool FC, and that is in private. When we've got something to say we will come out and say it. There's a happy medium between us doing it that way and yourselves trying to get some coverage. But there is also a responsibility on both parts to make sure what is said is accurately quoted.

Journalist: Is it important to get back to that type of attitude that Bill Shankly instilled in the club?

Well it has never gone for me. It would be nice if we could get back to that, on the pitch especially.

Journalist: Do you feel the owners have brought that to the club, a clear direction?

I think there's a stabilisation with the new owners. Everyone had a great lift when they came in. It's a bit more stable than what it was before because everyone knows who owns the club now.

Journalist: Did you have a positive meeting with them. Did they outline the clear strategy they have for the future of the club?

They are good people. We had a positive meeting yesterday with John (Henry) and Tom (Werner) in which we discussed many things. One of them was obviously transfers. There's no problem with transfers. As long as we are responsible we can go and look for players, try to sign them and bring them in here. I'm not going to sit here and give you names or comment on every question that is asked about an individual player. We certainly won't talk about sums of money. Every time I go into the transfer market I am responsible and I will continue to be. I will try and spend the club's money as diligently as I would spend my own.

Journalist: One name that does keep cropping up, though, is Luis Suarez. Has there been any development with that?

I'd have thought you misheard me.

Journalist: What about Ryan Babel then, what's his situation?

Well, we've accepted a bid from Hoffenheim. Ryan is considering what he wants to do. That's his right. A transfer only goes through if three parties agree. He trained yesterday as if the conversation had not happened. There's no problem for us. If he's here there won't be any sulking, he'll be treated the same as everyone else.

Journalist: The chairman says you fit the criteria to stay in the job and Steven Gerrard has said he'll do all in his power to see you remain here long-term - it's looking quite good for you, isn't it?

It would do if we win some games. The sooner we start winning games the sooner we can look forward and upwards. I've really enjoyed being back. If other people are getting the same satisfaction out of it, then fine. But I'm sure we'll all be happier once we start winning games.

Journalist: You must have been particularly pleased with the first-half performance against Everton...

I think it's the same thing we've been saying all the time really, that in the first half the players played really well. The first 10 minutes of the second half was the only time we weren't in control of the game. It's up to us. We've got the ability. The performance will have given them great satisfaction, the result not so much. As we say, we keep trying to build up the belief in the players without making them complacent. I'm sure for 80 minutes on Sunday they will have been very pleased with the performance

Journalist: It was back to the old 'pass and move' wasn't it, which is great for the fans to watch...

It's great for the fans to watch and you can't underestimate their role in it as well. If the players know that the fans are behind them it doesn't half help them. Everyone has to play their role. We have to lift the fans. If the staff, the owners and everyone else sing from the same hymn sheet, which we are doing, then I'm sure we have happier days ahead of us. Pass and move isn't old fashioned, it's the Liverpool way. It's the way I was brought up and I don't think I could change. That's the way the players would like to play as well.

Journalist: The relationship between the fans and supporters has always been important but after everything that has happened in the past year, do you think that relationship is even more important?

The relationship between us and the supporters is of the utmost importance. We have to respect what they stand for and what they give the football club. We have to give them something back and the best way to do it is by getting wins on the pitch. There was a bit of uncertainty with the previous owners. John and Tom have come in and it's a lot more stable and acceptable to the supporters. We need to take into consideration what their thoughts are. I think they can see the club starting to move forward under the new owners. Everybody here wants the same thing and that's to win games. We can do that if we all stay together.

Journalist: How important is that first win for you?

Yes, it's important. I don't know how you evaluate how important but we'd love to get a victory. Even if we get battered and win 1-0 it wouldn't matter - it'd still be a great lift for everyone. If the players keep doing what they've been doing, a victory can't be far away.

Journalist: Do you see signs it'll come at Wolves?

I thought it might have come at Manchester United, at Blackpool, against Everton. We've been very encouraged by what the players have done.

Journalist: Liverpool's away form has been disappointing over the last 12 months or so. Do you intend to set the side up slightly differently?

We'll do what we think is best. The best way to play is a way that suits the players. We can't have a formation or an idea that doesn't suit the players, so we'll take them into consideration. But the principles of passing and moving won't change no matter how we play. The away form has been disappointing for everybody but I can't be held responsible for 12 months, can I?

Journalist: I wasn't suggesting you were...

[Smiles] We've done bad enough - we lost at Blackpool! But it's up to us, it's up to the players to come together and try and turn it around as quickly as we can.

Journalist: Is there a feeling amongst the players after the home game that you owe Wolves one?

Wolves played very well against us at Anfield. They were quite positive in how they approached the game and they won 1-0. If some people were disappointed with that result and that's what inspires them, then fine. But we'd want to win the game no matter what happened at Anfield. We'd still want to go to Molineux and win the game. Wherever you get the inspiration from is down to the individual.

Journalist: Can revenge be a healthy feeling for the players?

I suppose it could be but you'd need to ask them that - I can't speak for every one of them. Different things drive different people but winning games is the greatest feeling in the world. That's the biggest drive.

Journalist: Wolves' form has been quite good of late - they beat Liverpool and Chelsea and scored three at Man City last week. They're beginning to give a really good account of themselves, aren't they?

They were excellent last week at Man City, especially in the first half hour. Even when they went 4-1 down, which was a bit unfair I thought, they pulled it back to 4-3. If Mick McCarthy is in charge of a team they are not going to lie down, are they? They are going to work as hard as they can and we know that from first-hand experience. There are no games in the Premiership where you can rest a couple here or a couple there. They are all really difficult games.

Journalist: Has the away record surprised you over the last 12 months because of the quality of the players here?

Yes, it's surprising. The reasons why have yet to be fathomed. It's very unlike Liverpool not to have a good away record. Normally it's excellent. There are some things we've got to put right and that's one of them.

Journalist: How useful was giving Joe Cole 45 minutes last night for him and for you?

It's beneficial for everybody. It's all very well training, you still need a wee run about on the pitch. They wanted to stay on, both he and Danny Wilson. But they'd done enough. The way they applied themselves was excellent. We got them off before they got injured and now they can train with us this morning. Some people look at playing in the reserves as a punishment but that's not punishment. It was a necessity for everybody. If someone is going to be punished they will be told about it. Last night wasn't anything other than a very worthwhile exercise.

Journalist: Is it something you plan to use with other players to make sure everyone keeps getting action?

Yep.

Journalist: Are you expecting a similar approach from Wolves as what we saw at Anfield?

If I could give the teamtalk to Mick McCarthy's team then no! They would be much worse. But no, they'll be going into the game with a lot of confidence on the back of their performances recently. We've got to match up with them.

Journalist: How are you looking squad-wise?

Milan Jovanovic has been off ill so we need to have a look how he is and obviously Carra. Apart from that we're okay. That's the first time anyone's asked me about squads.

Journalist: How is it looking with Carra?

I think he's gone on record as saying February so that'll be when he's ready.

Journalist: You've seen some of the reserves this week and some of the youth teams. Liverpool fans are desperate for the next Steven Gerrard or Jamie Carragher, but are the younger sides looking in good health?

I wouldn't go and say there are any kids who played in the Youth Cup against Crystal Palace are going to be first team (yet) but the progress at the Academy in the last year and a half has been absolutely fantastic. That's great credit to Rafa who brought in Pepe Segura, Rodolfo Borrell and Frank McParland. He reorganised the whole Academy and you can see the benefit in the kids now. It's fantastic to see. The reserve team's average age has been drastically reduced. Whether we get them through or not, we'd never put that pressure on them, but we're clearly encouraged by the work that's being done there and it's a work in progress.

Author: Jimmy Rice and Paul Hassall at Melwood

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-on-owners-wolves-and-kids

1]; } ?>