May 17, 2024, 01:48:24 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 471746 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1050 on: January 25, 2011, 11:19:16 PM »
Imagine Pool in danger of having no European football at all nex season.
Allyuh sure yuh could pay Torres and Gerrard?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 26, 2011, 02:26:05 PM »
Vicitmized by the offside that wasn't...  steups.

Bright start by Liverpool... 0:0 Fulham  26'

--------------------------------------

Divine justice... Pantsill bungles the ball into his own net trying to clear the Torres shot.

Liverpool 1:0 Fulham  53'
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:09:38 PM by Bakes »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 27, 2011, 07:25:14 AM »
We gotta take them however they come...3 points!

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 28, 2011, 11:00:06 AM »
BOOM!

LFC have agreed a fee of up to 26.5million Euros with Ajax for the transfer of Luis Suarez  :beermug:

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 28, 2011, 11:07:45 AM »
BOOM!

LFC have agreed a fee of up to 26.5million Euros with Ajax for the transfer of Luis Suarez  :beermug:

yeah but he coming to partner torres or to replace him?

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 28, 2011, 11:15:06 AM »

That is the question...I suspect that if Torres goes, he'll go in the summer. It will be a nervous last few days of January though... :beermug:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 11:19:29 AM by boss »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 28, 2011, 11:59:15 AM »

That is the question...I suspect that if Torres goes, he'll go in the summer. It will be a nervous last few days of January though... :beermug:

That's what I've been asking.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 28, 2011, 01:30:49 PM »
BOOM!

I won't soon forget how Suarez disgraced himself and the game in South Africa... but I don't necessarily mind the signing.  That said, that's an awful lot of money being spent and for our sake I hope he's worth it.  I will take whatever he can bring, but that don't mean that I have to cheer for him.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 28, 2011, 01:45:47 PM »
LOL you from Ghana awa?

That is a big signing ... I'm jealous.. If yall manage to keep Torres which I'm sure will happen a front 2 of Suarez Torres spells danger with Gerrard and another CM in a 4-4-2

Not bad... I expect an even harder battle in March when we meet... should be epic

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 28, 2011, 02:20:05 PM »
The news isn't good I'm afraid.   :(  From the Times:

by Matt Hughes, Tony Barrett
1 minute ago

Fernando Torres has told Liverpool that he wants to leave, a move that will only fuel Chelsea’s confidence that an improved bid will allow them to sign the striker before the transfer window closes at 11pm on Monday.

The Barclays Premier League champions are prepared to offer £40 million in cash plus Daniel Sturridge, the England Under-21 striker, whom Liverpool inquired about taking on loan last month.

Liverpool rejected a straight cash offer of £35 million for Torres on Thursday and maintain that he is not for sale, but Chelsea are hopeful of capitalising on the player’s disenchantment at Anfield to get the deal done.

The Spaniard has not issued a written transfer request but has made it clear in a phone conversation with club officials that he would like Liverpool to enter formal negotiations with Chelsea.

Liverpool’s official position is that Torres, 26, is not for sale, but they would consider cashing in if he is adamant he wants to leave.

Yesterday, the Anfield club agreed to sign Luis Suárez, the Uruguay striker, from Ajax in a deal that could be worth £22.8 million. Suárez was signed to complement Torres, but there are increasing concerns that the pair may never play together. Liverpool also had a £6.5 million bid for Charlie Adam rejected by Blackpool .

By confirming Chelsea’s bid on Thursday, Liverpool have effectively put the ball in Torres’s court by placing the onus on him to force through the transfer. It is understood that his contract includes a buy-out clause enabling him to leave for £50 million, which was introduced by the previous Liverpool regime but comes into force only at the end of the season.

The West London club had a £25 million bid for Torres, who would be available for the remainder of Chelsea’s Champions League campaign, rejected last summer. They remain in negotiations with Benfica over David Luiz and have offered £24 million plus Nemanja Matic for the Brazil defender.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 28, 2011, 05:40:13 PM »
Club Statement: Liverpool FC have confirmed that Torres has this evening submitted a transfer request. The request has been rejected.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 28, 2011, 06:03:52 PM »
LOL you from Ghana awa?

That is a big signing ... I'm jealous
.. If yall manage to keep Torres which I'm sure will happen a front 2 of Suarez Torres spells danger with Gerrard and another CM in a 4-4-2

Not bad... I expect an even harder battle in March when we meet... should be epic

You ent quite figure out what the word "scruples" is yet so nutten you say really surprises... or interests me.

-------------------------------------------------

As for Torres'... again, not to put too much stock in body language, but far too many times to me he seems disinterested or lacking motivation.  Too many man shed blood and bust they ass in that uniform for him to disgrace it with a half-ass attitude.  If he doesn't want to be with the club then fine... let him go somewhere else where his petulance would be tolerated.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1062 on: January 28, 2011, 06:20:51 PM »
Gutted..ah ent shame to say as a big man when I read that story earlier my heart literally sank and now just read on meh Facebook Liverpool link that he did submit a written transfer request which was rejected.

I just wished the Club didn't broadcast he put in a request.
He is defintely on his way out, and you know the fans not going to forgive him.

I think I really have to drink some wine tonight..what a rough f**king week..steups
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 28, 2011, 06:23:37 PM »
Yeh boi. I now see it on Liverpool website. I hear more info to come tomorrow morning though.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1064 on: January 28, 2011, 06:26:10 PM »
btw what allyuh think bout the Suarez bid doubling up overnight from 12 to 24 million?
was this a desperate attempt to show El Nino the new owners serious bout building a good team to challenge?
or they was worried if they get $50million for Torres that Suarez price woulda gone up also?

I have no problem with the Suarez signing..i just hope he hit the ground running and don't turn out to be some expensive flop who couldn't fit into the EPL.
Feliz

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: January 28, 2011, 06:34:42 PM »
hard luck fellas it does happen in football.....tink of from torres view. when leaving Atletico he COULD NOT join Real the eternal enemies. and Barca with eto'o was not looking @ him at alllll so next best move? ENGLAND.

who better than a manager who from his country and recruting a few spaniards and layers from la liga than RAFA. plus POOL such a storied club and a CL contender all he had to do was bring the goals in the league and surely he pulling the title.

HE SIGNS SCORES 26 in the PL and still no League.

kick on 3/4 years later and broken promises to improve the squad and much of the spaniards if not all are gone but himself and all he sees is broken promises and lies from the hierarchy.

THE REASON WHY POOL BROADCAST HIS REQUEST TO LEAVE IS SIMPLE....DAMAGE CONTROL.... NOBODY AT THE CLUB WANTED TO BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR SELLING EL NINO...SO BY LETTING THE FANS KNOW THAT ANY IMMINENT SALE IS A RESULT OF HIS WISHES THEY SPARE THEMSELVES AND ALIENATE TORRES.

UNLESS POOL CAN MANEUVER TO HANDLE THIS LIKE UNITED DID WITH ROONEY ....then torres is on his way.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1066 on: January 28, 2011, 06:38:19 PM »

UNLESS POOL CAN MANEUVER TO HANDLE THIS LIKE UNITED DID WITH ROONEY ....then torres is on his way.
yuh know I totally forgot that even had happened yes lol

It have some hope..I could relax a bit now  :-\
Feliz

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 28, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »
...Drogba is rumoured to be wanting to leave.....I hope this isn't a prelude to his departure.  But if, maybe, we lookin' at Anelka ridin' out and a Drogba-Torres partnership (plus whatever shoring up of our aging defense we can do) then the EPL in trouble nex' year!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 28, 2011, 07:03:26 PM »
feliz sad to say it was more the MIGHT of fergie tht keep rooney. and rooney was more a spur of the moment thing torres has been borderline since rafa left in the summer.

mango doh stress drogba staying. i do think it means more of a bit part role for nico and sturridge is on his way to pool if torres comes ....which is a shame as sturridge is def one for the future.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 28, 2011, 07:08:58 PM »

yuh know I totally forgot that even had happened yes lol

It have some hope..I could relax a bit now  :-\

Me eh even know why you stressing it... Torres money book one way or another so I wouldn't get my liverstring tie up in all ah dat.  Yuh couldn't find a bigger Torres supporter on this website than me, but when I see man giving indifferent effort on the pitch, compounded by official request to leave then is time to ride out.  Torres ent the first player and 'Pool ent the first club.  When I feel a fella get wronged I am the first to support, whether is my squad or not... like I think Pennant never really got a fair shake under Rafa.  But we are a club with a winning history and a winning tradition... we eh no fly by night flash in de pan club.  We just happen to run into a rough patch the past couple seasons.  

In the past 5 seasons we've finished 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 2nd, 7th... and currently sit in 7th place again.  We don't need fairweather fans and certainly don't need fairweather players.  If he want to abadon ship when the sailing gets rough then it's best for all concerned to plant he ass in a lifeboat and set him adrift.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:10:32 PM by Bakes »

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 28, 2011, 07:54:02 PM »
btw what allyuh think bout the Suarez bid doubling up overnight from 12 to 24 million?
was this a desperate attempt to show El Nino the new owners serious bout building a good team to challenge?
or they was worried if they get $50million for Torres that Suarez price woulda gone up also?

I have no problem with the Suarez signing..i just hope he hit the ground running and don't turn out to be some expensive flop who couldn't fit into the EPL.

i think i remember reading somewhere on the liverpool website saying that ajax wanted 20+ million. i dont think the signing of suarez was to show up torres. i think it will be a good partnership up front. maybe torres will change his mind after this season? who knows?

with all the disliking of suarez aside, the guy was really a hustler at ajax. i hope we see the same thing here.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 28, 2011, 08:40:12 PM »
feliz sad to say it was more the MIGHT of fergie tht keep rooney. and rooney was more a spur of the moment thing torres has been borderline since rafa left in the summer.

mango doh stress drogba staying. i do think it means more of a bit part role for nico and sturridge is on his way to pool if torres comes ....which is a shame as sturridge is def one for the future.

Yeah, boss, I doh know why Chelsea lookin' to give up their future like dat....Abramovic too dam impatient man!  :devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 29, 2011, 12:56:30 AM »
Club Statement: Liverpool FC have confirmed that Torres has this evening submitted a transfer request. The request has been rejected.

Boom Bang

This will be an interesting weekend....and if no deal happens, the fallout will be massive.

Sunday February 6: Chelsea vs Liverpool @ Stamford Bridge.....Torres to make his home debut?  :o

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 29, 2011, 01:04:21 AM »
Boom Bang

This will be an interesting weekend....and if no deal happens, the fallout will be massive.

Sunday February 6: Chelsea vs Liverpool @ Stamford Bridge.....Torres to make his home debut?  :o

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:05:54 AM by Bakes »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 29, 2011, 01:04:30 AM »

Boom Bang

the plot thicken with that one.... wow that would be interesting

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 29, 2011, 01:06:19 AM »
Bakes.. remove that post na.. the comparison of Torres going to Chelsea with a baby basically dead dont go hand in hand... It is a sickening picture

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 29, 2011, 01:11:09 AM »

giggsy11

« Reply #1077 on: January 29, 2011, 08:47:23 AM »
Sell him to the highest bidder in the summer, take the money and buy a couple of players who would welcome the opportunity to play for Liverpool.  Going to Chelski does not guarantee CL next season or a more solid foundation for success in the future. So maybe selling him to Chelski would serve him right. Rooney, Tevez, Torres.......who next?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 29, 2011, 08:56:29 AM »
I'd take ah 60 mil pounds for him and revamp squad with it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 29, 2011, 09:19:30 AM »
Bakes.. remove that post na.. the comparison of Torres going to Chelsea with a baby basically dead dont go hand in hand... It is a sickening picture

You have a lot to learn... that is a Pullitzer Prize winning photograph son, if you do some research on it and find out the backstory and subsequent controversy arising from it, then you'd understand how appropriate it is a commentary on type of vulture behavior we seeing from Ryan and some of these Chelsea supporters.

1]; } ?>