May 16, 2024, 04:32:10 AM

Author Topic: T&T vs Costa Rica set for Dwight Yorke Stadium  (Read 27623 times)

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Costa Rica set for Dwight Yorke Stadium
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 03:08:51 PM »
2 tings.......it have 7500 people in Tobago  :rotfl: and ah hope dem idiots take transportation into consideration for folks traveling from Trinidad.......well at least allyuh Trinis go see how Tobagonians does feel now

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 03:12:40 PM »
I going .

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 03:18:26 PM »
Plenty, plenty more people does make the Tobago trek for Easter, Jazz Festival and Great Fete weekend so I don't see what the fuss over the logistics is about..

This is long overdue for the people of Tobago and I hadda applaud this move.

go be real hard to source tickets for this one though. The Tobagonians should have first option.

saying the same thing but i wonder what the ticket prices would be. because if over $100, you might as well depend on more trinis coming over to fill the stadium.  

now thats just ignorant... lol

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2009, 03:20:31 PM »
Ah bet allyuh d box office go be in Trinidad

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2009, 03:28:21 PM »
God willing I in that.  i only knw of 2 games that tnt played in tobago that was a friendly against northern ireland(dys)  and one against haiti(shaw park).  think this will be the 3rd one in my lifetime and i dont  intend to miss it.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 03:32:15 PM »
Plenty, plenty more people does make the Tobago trek for Easter, Jazz Festival and Great Fete weekend so I don't see what the fuss over the logistics is about..

This is long overdue for the people of Tobago and I hadda applaud this move.

go be real hard to source tickets for this one though. The Tobagonians should have first option.

saying the same thing but i wonder what the ticket prices would be. because if over $100, you might as well depend on more trinis coming over to fill the stadium.  

now thats just ignorant... lol
it not about money but the the population of tobago and the cost for trini to spend just to go tobago

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 03:40:22 PM »
Well, well, well its nice to see Trinidadians getting all concerned over things like tickets, transport and accommodation for ah change.....things Tobagonians have to hurt dey head over umpteen times to attend games in Trinidad......

Tobagonians usually deal with it in 2 ways.....make de trek to Trinidad and doh complain or stay in Tobago miss de game and doh complain....

Try it Trinidadians, all yuh might like it....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2009, 03:40:30 PM »
Lemme move like a wet drawers here...

It's a wonderful PR spin, people in Tobago getting to see a match, the support might be different.

But I feel it have more to the story...

1)15,000 people less...less revenue...and tickets cheaper to boot...something wrong.

2) Do or die game...and we turn it into a "away" match...yes get vex but yuh know what I mean.

3) Everybody want to see Latapy in charge...do or die...last game was ram out...no question here..stadium was ramming out same way.

4) So the Oval, COE, and the other Stadia in TT couldnt be used instead.

5) How long before will the team go into camp and play games across there to get a feel of the pitch...practice game self.

6) Logistics for ticket etc...is still 800 Fans and go to COE or reach across in Bago and hope for the best. ( I am concerned about this one)

Me ent know...I ent mind Bago get a game...but yuh had a playoff and a semi-final round to give them one.
To come when is do or die time...something ent right.

Plus...TSTT, KFC, Blue Waters everybody hadda tote they spin and win and all they ting to Bago...how much pull do they have to say no.

Also let us not forget ferry and plane ticket to reach across there.

Oh well let us pray for victory over Costa Rica.

Come...lewwe go...to Tobago!

You read meh mind.

Ah glad for Tobago but what does this really do for the TT football team in terms of ground advantage and making the game more difficult for our opponents.

Let's say that about 10 000 ppl less can see the game at an average of $300.00 per person. That's a loss of about TT $ 3 million NOT including concessions. And Jack is doing this ...why??? Becz he love Tobago ......he find Jesus??

Sorry I eh dat naive. I just hope that this move actually HELPS the team.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2009, 03:43:19 PM »
It's about time....JW sounding like ah change man oui...hope is not ah smoke screen...
 :applause: :thumbsup:

Big Up!
doh get carried away  ::) jack does sound like ah change man all the time until the mark buss ;D
Change man?!! he seeing his endorsement, TV rights and sponsorship money jumping up in radoes! that's why he telling latas tuh do whatever it takes i dey wid yuh 100%! why he didn't tell wim dat!! we would've been better off for it.

he tought the yutes and pancho woulda bring him tuh the WC wid he bad mind moves, now they fail him, watch sancho, roberts, james and all the fellas he didn't want in the squad back on the team!  stuueeppss!! jack yuh real good oui! too slick for yuh own good!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2009, 03:47:21 PM »
As I stated earlier this morning when Ann3boys buss the story....

:party: :cheers: :cheers: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :party: :party: :party:

Lord ah still feeling to kiss Jackula!!!..(dat euphoria brought on by the news eh gone away yet.... ;D)

You happy ent??   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ah well there goes my plans of making a quick in 'n out for the game. *sigh* Now I guess I will either fly in for the El Sal or the USA one :(

Family it have flights going straight into crown point from international destinations yuh know, yuh doh have tuh go to piarco anymore and connect. yuh could get a direct flight from the U.S. to crown point.                      positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2009, 03:59:54 PM »
Hmm....by far our biggest must-win match of the round and we're not playing in our natl stadium, but instead experimenting??!!

What kind a f**king pappy show sh*t is this!!! EXACTLY supporter!! At least somebody thinking sensibly! I agree Tobago is part of Trinidad, but a CRUCIAL World CUP QUALIFYING match IS NOT supposed to be a tool to make some people feel more integrated and sooth some peoples' egos!- is because of that SAME SH*T that Stern John take that penalty over Dwight in El Salvador. You don't just catch a vaps and decide to uproot the team from their familiar home venue, into a venue previously untested..- AND for a MUST WIN WORLD CUP QUALIFIER, and the masses cheer it-... W-T-F.!?!!?!!

At least have a friendly match there first to test team's feel for the venue and the support. 15000 less supporters! Support-the 12th man, is so many times the factor that spurs a team over the edge to victory in a crucial game, so take away potentially 15000 supporters to endear yourself to the people of Tobago and Orville London(who I don't give a fack about), no probs, its Trinidad, nothing new- as HAPHAZARD in doing things as usual.

If they played a friendly there and the crowd support was better(and not like funeral attendees in the HCS), and the team said they felt more comfortable in the venue than HCS, then fine, but YOU DO NOT UPROOT THE TEAM for a game like that to fix some people's self made separation complex. I agree Tobago is part of Trinidad, but Trinidad has the CAPITAL CITY, with the NATIONAL STADIUM(its identified as that for a reason), so get your F**king ass on a plane and come to the National Stadium of TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO(not the national stadium of Trinidad) if you want to see the game. Don't be facking  with all this trademarked Trinbagonian Haphazard way of doing everything. Jack yuh really outdo yuhself this time, after Beenhacker's work, it isn't the case of 5steps forwards and 10 steps back,no-no-we rolling in reverse! In fact we cruising, is a joyride.

As I said, at least start this with a match where not as much is at stake, don't introduce more unknown variables into our already complicated situation. I damn fed up of how slapdash things are done in this country.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:20:43 PM by Peter »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2009, 04:02:32 PM »
I need to stop reading this thread for a while.... >:(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2009, 04:10:46 PM »
Q?- Is this Dwight Yorke's farewell game. Do TTFF or I should say Jack believe that having the game in Tobago would deter Costa Rica fans from attending? Do we play better at the Tobago stadium?
Is the crowd support better than in Trinidad.
 Or Is Jack looking to retire in Tobago and hoping for the Chief Job in Tobago?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2009, 04:17:04 PM »
I cynical bout de timing...but....it is one country...it will add some novelty to the event. Eliminates the slim hope i had of doing all i have to do on that day and making that game doh.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2009, 04:26:27 PM »
I cynical bout de timing...but....it is one country...it will add some novelty to the event. Eliminates the slim hope i had of doing all i have to do on that day and making that game doh.

NOT!! the time to add novelty now, its the time to play it as safe and solid as possible- against a very strong team, to try and get 3 points, or game over.

Its not the time for novelty now, we couldn't work out we novelty before the WCQ started, but who am I kidding, proper planning, foresight and lack of haphazardness is an impossibility for our leaders in Trinidad,in fact it's going against their genetic makeup. Can't expect that from them,that's just cruelty towards them,we gotta stop being so unreasonable people!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2009, 04:32:29 PM »
I feel Jack go put de CR contingent on ah set ah dese

and send dem, wid just enough gas, to only get to Buccoo Reef :devil: :devil:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:36:13 PM by Pavlov »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2009, 04:35:21 PM »
Q?- Is this Dwight Yorke's farewell game. Do TTFF or I should say Jack believe that having the game in Tobago would deter Costa Rica fans from attending? Do we play better at the Tobago stadium?

Well the senior team has only played once before at de DYS, and dat was in 2004 when we get ah 3-0 cutass from Northern Ireland. During de first half of dat game, Yorke was sitting in de stands  ;D.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2009, 04:40:26 PM »

:party: :cheers: :cheers: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :party: :party: :party:

Lord ah still feeling to kiss Jackula!!!..(dat euphoria brought on by the news eh gone away yet.... ;D)

Ah well there goes my plans of making a quick in 'n out for the game. *sigh* Now I guess I will either fly in for the El Sal or the USA one :(

Family it have flights going straight into crown point from international destinations yuh know, yuh doh have tuh go to piarco anymore and connect. yuh could get a direct flight from the U.S. to crown point.                      positive.

I looking, I prefer Caribbean Airlines never had a problem with them yet. But All I see is connecting through Piarco with a 5 hour layover. My mom and my son will never forgive me if I reach and gone tobago and never pass through trinidad to see them. Unless I can get a flight to tobago in an out same day of the game?

Plus Airfare to Tobago RT from Kennedy for that weekend will run me $518. Then I have to look for Hotel. And transport.

Airfare to Trinidad RT from Kennedy  for that weekend $330. I stay by my moms and food free and I have a car to use.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:45:33 PM by verycute1 »
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2009, 04:44:18 PM »
well dat day is muh earthday an i was plannin 4 d whole squad to be in d game. but since all my fren is a bunch ah waggonists, ah feel ah go hadda make dat trip by my lonesome. :'(.

but ah also doin like weary an watchin d scene real cautious cuz we kno how jack does move.

doh b suprised if on june 6th we in d HCS eh!

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2009, 04:45:30 PM »
Hmm....by far our biggest must-win match of the round and we're not playing in our natl stadium, but instead experimenting??!!

What kind a f**king pappy show sh*t is this!!! EXACTLY supporter!! At least somebody thinking sensibly! I agree Tobago is part of Trinidad, but a CRUCIAL World CUP QUALIFYING match IS NOT supposed to be a tool to make some people feel more integrated and sooth some peoples' egos!- is because of that SAME SH*T that Stern John take that penalty over Dwight in El Salvador. You don't just catch a vaps and decide to uproot the team from their familiar home venue, into a venue previously untested..- AND for a MUST WIN WORLD CUP QUALIFIER, and the masses cheer it-... W-T-F.!?!!?!!

At least have a friendly match there first to test team's feel for the venue and the support. 15000 less supporters! Support-the 12th man, is so many times the factor that spurs a team over the edge to victory in a crucial game, so take away potentially 15000 supporters to endear yourself to the people of Tobago and Orville London(who I don't give a fack about), no probs, its Trinidad, nothing new- as HAPHAZARD in doing things as usual.

If they played a friendly there and the crowd support was better(and not like funeral attendees in the HCS), and the team said they felt more comfortable in the venue than HCS, then fine, but YOU DO NOT UPROOT THE TEAM for a game like that to fix some people's self made separation complex. I agree Tobago is part of Trinidad, but Trinidad has the CAPITAL CITY, with the NATIONAL STADIUM(its identified as that for a reason), so get your F**king ass on a plane and come to the National Stadium of TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO(not the national stadium of Trinidad) if you want to see the game. Don't be facking  with all this trademarked Trinbagonian Haphazard way of doing everything. Jack yuh really outdo yuhself this time, after Beenhacker's work, it isn't the case of 5steps forwards and 10 steps back,no-no-we rolling in reverse! In fact we cruising, is a joyride.

As I said, at least start this with a match where not as much is at stake, don't introduce more unknown variables into our already complicated situation. I damn fed up of how slapdash things are done in this country.

Peter  yuh making mi feel to speak tobagonian on d board buh ah wouldnt. God bless . every1 entitled to their opinion. i guess when ppl see ah tobago posse at HCS they will have a lil greater appreciation of our plight.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2009, 04:54:13 PM »
no more like a keon daniel farewell game, if he dont get he act together  :devil:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2009, 04:54:35 PM »

NOT!! the time to add novelty now, its the time to play it as safe and solid as possible- against a very strong team, to try and get 3 points, or game over.

Its not the time for novelty now, we couldn't work out we novelty before the WCQ started, but who am I kidding, proper planning, foresight and lack of haphazardness is an impossibility for our leaders in Trinidad,in fact it's going against their genetic makeup. Can't expect that from them,that's just cruelty towards them,we gotta stop being so unreasonable people!

I understand wha yuh saying..buh is like tokenism if dey get any other game. If dey get a game when our qualification status basically confirmed...or something like dat....mightnt have the impact. Any ground can be used and as i said..while i woulda prefer de HCS.....yuh cyar really vex....in all fairness....Tobago should get games as well. If dis was announced much more in advance...mighta be aight...buh....TTFF is last minute right thru. I guess de novelty might cause de place to ram out..yuh know how people does be more euphoric when dey eh accustom. Ah mean...look how Brownsugar ready to carry on.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2009, 04:56:12 PM »
where does it matter WHERE the game is played
look the USA just played ah game in Nashville with a population of 590,807....25th largest
I think it is about time, well maybe I should say that this should happen more often

and I hope that the spetial advithor ent print THREE times as many tickets as there are seats and then have a scene like in Côte d'Ivoire nuh
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 05:40:31 PM by Pavlov »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2009, 05:24:45 PM »
why man in here vex cause the game going to be played in Tobago.  I am Trinidadian and I am happy about this mood.  Yuh sure to here more noise among less people than ah sold out HCS with ah set ah waggonist supporters.  This should motivate the players &the public.  Come on people let's not be biased and ignorant.  I should be in Trinidad around that time during my 2 wks stay and will make sure and find my ass in Tobago for that game.
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2009, 05:32:47 PM »
According to c-tv
$400 for covered stands  :o
$200 for uncovered  :o

stadium go be 1/2 full

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2009, 05:41:35 PM »

It's a wonderful PR spin, people in Tobago getting to see a match, the support might be different.

1)15,000 people less...less revenue...and tickets cheaper to boot...something wrong.

2) Do or die game...and we turn it into a "away" match...yes get vex but yuh know what I mean.

3) Everybody want to see Latapy in charge...do or die...last game was ram out...no question here..stadium was ramming out same way.

5) How long before will the team go into camp and play games across there to get a feel of the pitch...practice game self.

6) Logistics for ticket etc...is still 800 Fans and go to COE or reach across in Bago and hope for the best. ( I am concerned about this one)

Me ent know...I ent mind Bago get a game...but yuh had a playoff and a semi-final round to give them one.

Plus...TSTT, KFC, Blue Waters everybody hadda tote they spin and win and all they ting to Bago...how much pull do they have to say no.

ya beat me to it on that one Touches...
well said

really not trying to dampen Tobago parade but i aint feeling the timing of this decision....soemthing fishy here

D. Yorke Stadium is look real bess...(never play there..jus pass by it recently) but at this juncture of qualifying?
hmmm
sorry ma Tobago brothers...i aint feeling this move as of now...woulda been all 4 it earlier in the tournament to try out this stuff....
not holding ma breath on this one either...we'll see

ya know they love to flip-flop

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2009, 05:47:05 PM »
The only thing i seeing gonna happen...
those 7-8000 ppls...gonna make more noise than our stoosh HCS fans for sure!!

but still....
something smelling fishy!!!

Jack have some guest houses over there?
his company handling the airfare ..gettin a lil cut???

saw it coming...but not now

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2009, 05:55:16 PM »

I agree with Touches! Having the game at DYS gives us some cause for concern as this is a do or die match and the more folks at the game to cheer on our team to give us home advantage the better!!

Also training time for our team in Tobago to make sure we have a definite home advantage over CR is a definite must!

This game seems to be more about politics than giving our team home advantage!

Lets hope the stadium will be full to the brim & lets hope those who attend can cheer on our team in a manner to ensure they play at their best & we can exercise a definite home advantage!

Does this mean the game will be broadcast live on TV in Trinidad for those who couldn't get a ticket and arrange to be in Tobago for the game?
It would be nice to see tickets sell out for this game at least a week before the match so there are no issues with broadcasting the game LIVE on local T&T TV so the millions of Trinis who are unable to get a ticket for this game will be able to view it LIVE on C-TV or one of the other local TV stations!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 06:16:43 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2009, 05:55:59 PM »

I looking, I prefer Caribbean Airlines never had a problem with them yet. But All I see is connecting through Piarco with a 5 hour layover. My mom and my son will never forgive me if I reach and gone tobago and never pass through trinidad to see them. Unless I can get a flight to tobago in an out same day of the game?

Plus Airfare to Tobago RT from Kennedy for that weekend will run me $518. Then I have to look for Hotel. And transport.

Airfare to Trinidad RT from Kennedy  for that weekend $330. I stay by my moms and food free and I have a car to use.

wait nuh...

you is not the one who just post ah whole essay about how easy it is to run up yuh credit and pay that off without batting ah eyelid.. yuh eh seeing no recession but ah measly $518us yuh crying for? :devil:

anyhow... yuh eh bong to book no in-transit through trinidad.. flights running to tobago every hour on de hour..

Just book the tobago flight separate for 1 hour after you land in piarco. Even if your flight run delayed, yuh could go standby on another one after that.  $300TT return.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2009, 05:57:26 PM »
i feel very slighted that ppl refering to this game as an "away' match hmmmm. ah done with this thread yes. jus imagine texas thinking bout seceding

1]; } ?>