May 19, 2024, 02:19:01 PM

Author Topic: Mario Balotelli  (Read 164433 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Balotelli
« Reply #210 on: August 06, 2010, 12:10:13 PM »
No Di Natale?

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 06, 2010, 12:46:26 PM »
forget these mock tests... the player could be in England soon...

IS he Prem quality?... is it affordable considering that he won't have to do much to get paid... is it value for money as opposed to good business...

Will he sparkle?... or fizzle...

"International football is nothing more than a chance to show where your country might be thinking of going"
bongonatti 11

If he plays internationally, it is all based on his club form, the question is where will he be plying his trade? ...and with which club?...

*note, allyuh SURE he DOH have Trini connections?...  :devil: :beermug:
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
I can't fight racism on my own, says Balotelli
« Reply #212 on: November 18, 2010, 03:56:33 PM »

ROME — Italy striker Mario Balotelli has called on everyone to join the fight against racism after he was abused by both sets of supporters during an international friendly in Austria.

Italy and Romania drew 1-1 in Klagenfurt on Wednesday night but the game caught the headlines for the treatment of the Manchester City forward.

Romanian fans jeered him while his own supporters held up a banner saying: 'No to a multi-cultural Italy'.
Italian police gave the names of 41 members of a right-wing group called 'Ultras Italy' to Austrian police, who may press charges.

Speaking to Sky TV, the Italian of Ghanaian parentage said: "On my own I can't do anything, everyone has to do something against racism.

"Last night I was very disappointed but I'll say it again, I'm not the one who can make these people change.
"Brescia is my city and I live well there but it's also a difficult place, when I was young many kids attacked me because of the colour of my skin.

"What happened yesterday is racism but it's also the stupidity of a few people. I'm sure that if any one of them met me personally, they'd ask for my autograph.
"That's another reason I prefer to keep quiet and not say anything this time."
Balotelli was asked if he considered leaving the pitch but said that was never an option due to the pride he feels when representing his country.

"That would have been really too much for a few idiots. And, what's more, it was my second cap," he said.
Fans displaying the banner told Austrian police who asked them to take it down that it wasn't racism but "merely an opinion", Italian news agency Ansa reported.

It's not the first time Balotelli has been the target of racial abuse, having also suffered over the previous two seasons while at Inter Milan, particularly at the hands of a section of Juventus supporters.

Inter Milan's Cameroonian forward Samuel Eto'o, meanwhile, was the victim of jeers during his team's recent game at Cagliari.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gSijTtqKycc056vhzj-s6imvHApQ?docId=CNG.3aaae53f9837c657e0b05cfe2d7e8950.3e1

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/No2gyLxIlXs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/No2gyLxIlXs</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I can't fight racism on my own, says Balotelli
« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2010, 04:35:48 PM »
Dis man and he damn attitude again...... ::)

No to a multi-cultural italy eh? Aight......nice....it not racial..is just an opinion. Damn disgusting
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2010, 04:44:39 PM »
I am a life long fan of Italian football, but I can't lie this kind of behavior disgusts me to the very core.

I want to know once the authorities get a hold of the guys with the banner, why is it a discussion at that point. Dem men supposed to get pelt out the stadium with the quickness. I get the sense that the ultras have some serious political clout like official fan clubs.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 18, 2010, 04:58:09 PM »
Let's invite them for a friendly. Leh we see how well they travel.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 18, 2010, 05:16:39 PM »
Let's invite them for a friendly. Leh we see how well they travel.

I might be tempted to just strive to make their stay here as close a simulation to hell as possible.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2010, 05:43:36 PM »

For a second you had me going there...then i realise you just let fly ah ARROW
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2010, 06:23:38 PM »

No to a multi-cultural italy eh? Aight......nice....it not racial..is just an opinion. Damn disgusting

ENT?
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2010, 06:38:59 PM »
This is what I would do.

Fifa need to come up with certain stipulations that would lead to these two things

1. 10 year ban on all Fifa Competitions including the big dance
2. 40 year penalty which includes being dropped from The Federation for 40years which includes stiff sanctions of all countries that play the nation under penalty.  And a ban on all players from that country playing competitive anywhere in the world.  The only loophole is being Naturalized  ;).   

If after a 10year ban your federation can't handle their own business you deserve a 40 year blacklist.

If you so bold and feel you better than everyone else then play by yourself.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2010, 06:47:04 PM »
This is what I would do.

Fifa need to come up with certain stipulations that would lead to these two things

2. 40 year penalty which includes being dropped from The Federation for 40years which includes stiff sanctions of all countries that play the nation under penalty.  And a ban on all players from that country playing competitive anywhere in the world.  The only loophole is being Naturalized  ;).   

If after a 10year ban your federation can't handle their own business you deserve a 40 year blacklist.

Right....and which FIFA going and ban Italy? Italy is a football superpower...and it real corrupt too...so dahs like de perfect country for FIFA's method of business.

It all comes down to them wanting to deal with it..and the backlash (financially especially) that they may get from it. FIFA eh care bout image as much unless the image helping de accounts. Which goes to show that is just a mamaguy for them.

Offline grassrotts

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2010, 07:20:44 PM »
This is what I would do.

yeh preacher i agree they should give some kinda penalties but 10 years and 40 years kinda harsh i tink ::). The children and grandchildren of the romania fans would be paying for dey parents ignorance. I tink a stadium ban on the next 10 home games would be enough. Increase to 20 if it happen again.
Throw the 'no multi culture' banner out the stadium and the banner holders too.  :devil:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 18, 2010, 07:34:08 PM »
Dis is why ah like Balo even more

Me eh care wha dem say bout him....MO  FIYAH FUH ALL A DEM!  :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 18, 2010, 07:34:17 PM »
and allyuh want me to back dat Team.... NEVER!  Fire For Italy! It was almost deemed OK. Just play on Balotelli dont mind dem boys.. dem is just some good ole boys. Hot Fire!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 18, 2010, 07:47:28 PM »
This is what I would do.

Right....and which FIFA going and ban Italy? Italy is a football superpower...and it real corrupt too...so dahs like de perfect country for FIFA's method of business.

It all comes down to them wanting to deal with it..and the backlash (financially especially) that they may get from it. FIFA eh care bout image as much unless the image helping de accounts. Which goes to show that is just a mamaguy for them.

Better yet... WHY should FIFA ban Italy?  The Federation has but only so much control over what fans do/say.  In this case as soon as they saw the banner security approached and took it away.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 19, 2010, 12:31:33 AM »
True Bakes but Federations need to do more than say, Ey Ey, you can't do that here."  This is hatred we are talking about here.  Open hatred of other races for that matter.  If we wait until someone gets killed it'll to late to repair the damage.  Maybe 40 years is a bit harsh but then again, maybe to people of color in Italy who saw fruitful careers denied on account of their color might think it's poetic justice.  I just have the image of Mario crying on his car from all the drama.  Fifa playing the ass with this issue.  >:(

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 19, 2010, 05:45:43 AM »
Prandelli: 'My Italy is multi-ethnic'

Cesare Prandelli has told racist supporters they will have to get used to the new world. “My Italy will always be multi-ethnic.”

A small group of fans in the crowd for last night’s 1-1 draw with Romania protested against the inclusion of Mario Balotelli and Argentine-born Cristian Ledesma.

They held up banners that read: ‘Italy is for Italians’ and ‘No to a multi-ethnic Italy.’

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Balotelli Snubs Wilshere
« Reply #227 on: December 21, 2010, 12:15:32 PM »
Someone needs to sit this boy down.  He does stuff to feed fuel to those that are not necessarily his biggest fans.  Yuh think he could have been any more humble?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/856326?cc=5739

giggsy11

Re: Balotelli Snubs Wilshere
« Reply #228 on: December 21, 2010, 12:25:52 PM »
I have no problem with what he said; Balotelli just staying to script.  Jack Wilshere probably doesn't know who Jack Wilshere is yet either. Plus what has Wilshere done/won yet? Play for a overrated England and Arsenal side who has yet to win shite!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 21, 2010, 01:25:51 PM »
I have no problem with what he said; Balotelli just staying to script.  Jack Wilshere probably doesn't know who Jack Wilshere is yet either. Plus what has Wilshere done/won yet? Play for a overrated England and Arsenal side who has yet to win shite!

You and I know that is an impsy way to accept an accolade.  De boy has talent, but not much brains. 

giggsy11

« Reply #230 on: December 21, 2010, 02:02:57 PM »

You and I know that is an impsy way to accept an accolade.  De boy has talent, but not much brains. 

I think he has brains but he has some growing up to do, but this is where he is at this time in his life and development. I still don't have any problem with what he said. It also seem though that he may have said it in a joking way versus arrogant way. It is easy to interpret it it as impsy or arrogant without actually viewing him saying it.  I wonder if the media would have even written about it if Wilshere was not English and the next choosen one?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 21, 2010, 02:18:21 PM »

I think he has brains but he has some growing up to do, but this is where he is at this time in his life and development. I still don't have any problem with what he said. It also seem though that he may have said it in a joking way versus arrogant way. It is easy to interpret it it as impsy or arrogant without actually viewing him saying it.  I wonder if the media would have even written about it if Wilshere was not English and the next choosen one?

An undertone of resentment for EPL in your response?  We know what makes the EPL:  the legion of foreign stars that play there.  Wilshere is a talented player, make no mistake about it - English or not.  That said, Ballotelli could have given a better response, but age abrings reason.  Maybe he'll look back it 10 years from now and realize his shortcomings.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 21, 2010, 02:31:06 PM »

yet to win shite? so the fa cups, the league, the unbeaten run of 49 games? are all shite?

so by that measure manu have only won champs league and arsneal nothing? is that your yard stick or just trying to start a pissing contest?

liverpool are just barely ahead of you guys in most trophies by a british club and arsenal behind you lot

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 21, 2010, 02:34:04 PM »
GS i think he mean wilshere is yet win sh!t

giggsy11

« Reply #234 on: December 21, 2010, 02:35:15 PM »

yet to win shite? so the fa cups, the league, the unbeaten run of 49 games? are all shite?

so by that measure manu have only won champs league and arsneal nothing? is that your yard stick or just trying to start a pissing contest?

liverpool are just barely ahead of you guys in most trophies by a british club and arsenal behind you lot

Sh!t for brains, I was referring to Wilshere not having won or accomplish anything with this current Arsenal side!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 03:04:10 PM by giggsy11 »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 21, 2010, 02:35:34 PM »
Someone needs to sit this boy down.  He does stuff to feed fuel to those that are not necessarily his biggest fans.  Yuh think he could have been any more humble?

fuh real..who is wilshire?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 21, 2010, 03:14:31 PM »

He definitely needs to practice more humility, but we also need to be beware of mischief makers in the media... especially the English media. 

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 21, 2010, 03:23:49 PM »
Go boy Balo!!

Cocky f*cker lol... kill him dead eh....ah love him too bad though haha. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 21, 2010, 04:40:02 PM »
Remember the man first language is not English eh.  ;)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 21, 2010, 04:51:31 PM »
He gave those quotes his native language: Italian.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

1]; } ?>