May 23, 2024, 12:53:02 PM

Author Topic: Indo-Trinbago Equality Council  (Read 7266 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Indo-Trinbago Equality Council
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2009, 11:19:28 PM »
goodnite all u coolies and creoles .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2009, 11:22:05 PM »
goodnite all u coolies and creoles .

We are all creoles as we eh born in d Mother Country.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2009, 11:24:48 PM »
A man now tell me...he must be decide not to use TTEC cause it was already taken.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2009, 11:27:17 PM »
A man now tell me...he must be decide not to use TTEC cause it was already taken.

Dat eh stop FPATT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2009, 12:00:22 AM »
Aye McFarlene put on ah boss presentation..... :applause:

Fact iz yuh cant please everyone but then using d stigma of racism is not helping d cause....

At the end of the day I could see d Brazilian PM being jealous of we Carnival and saying boy....I feel next season I boycotting we Carnival for ah little Trini action  ;D
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2009, 04:46:22 AM »
I would agree that there could have been greater indian culture elements eh, but why is it so important to absolutely quantify dat element, why should artistic license be compromised to cater to some spurious notion of equality which would amount to little more than "fillin ah quota", I cant understand why a people that have achieved so much, can have such fragile egos.

I will ask you as I asked Babalawo... given that each ethnicity had to be represented in the chronological manner that they contributed to TnT culture.. what more should McFarlane have shown?

Should the Chinese, Syrian, "local white" and payol and dem be complaining too?

dunno.......... ah chutney single perhaps........................................ but that wasn't really my point, I dont agree with the idea of havin to divide culture shows by race to sooth the superiorinferiority issues of devant and those dat share he sentiments
I pity the fool....

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2009, 12:51:53 PM »
Calling on Indo-Trinidadians to boycott bandleader Brian MacFarlane's Carnival production next year, the Indo-Trinbago Equality Council (ITEC) said yesterday that the masman had failed to include Indian cultural items in the cultural programme of the Fifth Summit of the Americas.

ITEC chairman Devant Maharaj said that the East Indian population was disgusted by the cultural presentation that gave pre-eminence to French and English cultures over East Indian culture that has become a part of the mainstream culture of Trinidad and Tobago

ITEC expressing thier dissatisfaction is one thing. Having the audacity to claim to speak on behalf of such a large section of the society is something else.   

is this "audacity" a reference to something in the press statement? i agree that people can say plain that macfarlane miss if they feel so.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2009, 02:42:17 PM »
Yeah ribbit, it refers to a statement made in the article. I thought it was wrong of ITEC to virtually claim that they speak on behalf of a large sector of the society . ITEC or Maharaj claims "The East Indian Population was disgusted" Who are  they to speak on behalf of the East Indian people of T&T ? I'm not opposed to ITEC expressing their dissatisfaction I'm opposed to splinter groups , or shall I say individuals arrogant enough to speak for and on behalf of an entire ethnic group.

1]; } ?>