June 04, 2024, 10:33:30 AM

Poll

In the prime of their career, who is the better player?

Pele
Maradona
Ronaldinho

Author Topic: Pele, Maradona or Ronaldinho?  (Read 11864 times)

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Pele, Maradona or Ronaldinho?
« on: January 12, 2006, 02:58:05 PM »
  ???
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 03:04:12 PM by Tallman »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: who is better??
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 03:02:57 PM »
oh Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus

Més que un club.

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: who is better??
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 03:03:08 PM »
Fifa vote Pele and Maradona as the two best of all time, Ronaldhino have years before he can be considered in the same sentence as these two.

Offline trinibug

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pele, Maradona or Ronaldinho?
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 03:08:05 PM »
I trying to vote for hardest... but it not wukkin...
Must rhyme with an O

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 03:12:20 PM »
Pele is ah legend..Maradona, is 2 steps behind..Ronaldinho is years behind..nuff said.

Big Up to all 3 men, they are the best in their respective generations!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 03:14:34 PM »
I trying to vote for hardest... but it not wukkin...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 03:15:19 PM »
how much times has this been done, boiled, cooked, sauted, pureed, peeled and grilled

the best player is Stern hands down  :rotfl:

and what about Zidane

why we eh discuss who does talk more foolishness

Pele, Maradonna, Jack Warner or Anil Roberts

Més que un club.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 03:43:54 PM »
pele all da way

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 03:56:53 PM »
This topic fed up get discuss on dis site
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 05:34:05 PM »
maradonna winning oui

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 05:46:10 PM »
pele
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 08:17:08 PM »
this is a rel tough one but ah going with pele
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 10:00:03 PM »
pele was the best in his prime..maradona always second...

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 10:06:10 PM »
  ???

dotless007 or wotless007?  :devil:

just kidding - pele for sure

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 05:15:20 AM »
PELE

The God Father of them all

He is the original and number one general,everyone else will forever have to be measured to him...he marks every thing positive about this beautiful game....correct me if I am wrong can anyone say anything nevative about this man on or off the field....

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2006, 07:01:08 AM »
Ronaldinho fail at PSG...where pele and maradona ever fail? Let the man win a next world cup and make another final minimum..and then come again. Plus, is Ronaldo and Rivaldo win that last World Cup for Brazil...Pele or Maradona ever get outshine by their teammates? Zidane even? Come back with question after 2010...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2006, 02:42:23 PM »

DIEGO...........ARMANDO.......MARADONA   :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2006, 02:44:12 PM »
Ronaldinho fail at PSG...where pele and maradona ever fail? Let the man win a next world cup and make another final minimum..and then come again. Plus, is Ronaldo and Rivaldo win that last World Cup for Brazil...Pele or Maradona ever get outshine by their teammates? Zidane even? Come back with question after 2010...

Apparently you never see Ronaldinho play at PSG. If he had fail there, he would not have gotten a call-up to the 2002 Brazil squad. Him and de manager had a fall-out, that is all.
Ronaldinho was instrumental in the England game (assist for Rivaldo and de kilometric free-kick). Most of Ronaldo's goals were from something to do with Rivaldo.
Yuh don't need to win ah World Cup to be considered one of de greatest either...Roger Milla, George Weah, Batistuta, Kanu, Samuel Eto'o among others....dem ever win World Cup?

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2006, 03:58:04 PM »
For all ah allyuh that say Pele is the greatest of all time....I have one question for you

How many games have YOU seen Pele play?

After you answer that question, you will realized that the Greatest of All Time was Diego Maradonna.

Arimian to meh heart

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2006, 04:11:43 PM »
For all ah allyuh that say Pele is the greatest of all time....I have one question for you

How many games have YOU seen Pele play?

After you answer that question, you will realized that the Greatest of All Time was Diego Maradonna.

I have a question for you... how much goal maradonna score with he RIGHT foot?

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 04:12:47 PM »
I surprised Zidane ent make that poll.

A close fight will be between Zidane and Ronaldinho but they both battlin for 3rd.

This post also revelas the ages of forumites and only those over 35-40 can make a good honest comparison between Pele and Maradonna.

Diego Maradonna for me is the best thing to ever play the beautiful game.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2006, 04:48:03 PM »

Sorry..but Ronaldinho didn't fail at PSG. But that is a matter of opinion...so cool.
Maradona wasn't the greatest at Barca (even before the injury) and he 'flopped' at WC 1982 and looked mediocre at WC 1990. A stint at Sevilla is not even worth mentioning.

As for Pele being outshone. Pele was not Brazil's best player in 1958 (didn't make a note until the semis) but then again he was only 17. He played a whole 1.5 games in 1962 when the star was Garrincha. Many Brazilians find him as talented as Pele. Jairzinho outshone and outscored Pele on 1970. Rivelinho was considered Brazil's best player of the tournament. Pele never was the best player for Brazil in a WC...he was just the common factor in all 3 victories. By the way...I love my Pele...just being objective

In terms of talent, Ronaldinho is probably as good as Pele or Maradona (maybe better). However, past greats are often lionized and we forget some the bad or never got to see it.  Also...watching Diego when you are 9 years old is always going to be better than watching Ronaldinho as an adult even if they did the exact same thing. Its like watching one of your favorite childhood movies as an adult and wondering how you coould ever have liked that nonesense......not a perfect analogy, but you get my drift
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 04:54:09 PM by Filho »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2006, 05:17:24 PM »

In terms of talent, Ronaldinho is probably as good as Pele or Maradona (maybe better). However, past greats are often lionized and we forget some the bad or never got to see it.  Also...watching Diego when you are 9 years old is always going to be better than watching Ronaldinho as an adult even if they did the exact same thing. Its like watching one of your favorite childhood movies as an adult and wondering how you coould ever have liked that nonesense......not a perfect analogy, but you get my drift
filho wuh wrong with you.how yuh could put ronaldinho with pele or maradona and go ah step further and embarass yuhself and say he better.anyway to each his own.WATCH DE AVATAR.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2006, 05:27:08 PM »

filho wuh wrong with you.how yuh could put ronaldinho with pele or maradona and go ah step further and embarass yuhself and say he better.anyway to each his own.WATCH DE AVATAR.

nah killer....i not saying one or the other. Read carefully de essence of my post. I am saying i am open to the possibility that he could be, because it is extremely difficult to be objective about these things. i never saw Pele play and I only have memories of Maradona from when I was a youth. I honestly find it difficult to think of anything that Pele and Maradona did, that Ronaldinho does not do equally well or close to equally well in the faster, more physical game of today.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2006, 08:47:43 PM »
Ronaldinho is a god with the football at his feet as were Pele and Maradona. Unfortunately as in every sport, it is almost impossible to compare players from different eras.
But without a doubt Ronaldinho does real plait up man bad bad. I feel iz his humility and attitude that may allow him to rise to unprecedented heights. He has a charisma that Zidane, Lampard, Ronaldo etc.. only wished they had.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2006, 08:50:33 PM »
how much times has this been done, boiled, cooked, sauted, pureed, peeled and grilled
Breaking NEWS
Disgruntled had an Epiphany!!!
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

im in tears of joy
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2006, 07:42:27 AM »
Apparently you never see Ronaldinho play at PSG. If he had fail there, he would not have gotten a call-up to the 2002 Brazil squad. Him and de manager had a fall-out, that is all.
Ronaldinho was instrumental in the England game (assist for Rivaldo and de kilometric free-kick). Most of Ronaldo's goals were from something to do with Rivaldo.
Yuh don't need to win ah World Cup to be considered one of de greatest either...Roger Milla, George Weah, Batistuta, Kanu, Samuel Eto'o among others....dem ever win World Cup?

Yes I have seen Ronaldinho play at PSG. True he had problems with the coach and the system, but maradona was not the easiest player to coach yet he would make the starting team wherever he went. Ronaldinho made the Brazil side not based on his PSG performances but because he was the best young player in Brazil...everyone knew him from young and knew what he was capable of so they picked him regardless of club form. Kind of like how England will pick Owen regardless of if he playing or not...class is class. The man did not play badly at 2002 and he won the semi for Brazil but my point was, he was outshone by 2 of his teammates throughout the tournament and that cannot be disputed. True you can say that without him, they would nothave won the tournament because of that game....but the loss of Rivaldo or Ronaldo would have made a greater impact if you look at their performances.

As for the second part of your argument..Roger Milla? George Weah? Batigol? Kanu? Eto'o? We talking about Maradona and Pele and you calling them names in comparison? Come back with Cryuff, Di Stefano, Platini and George Best and I might have given you more props with that argument but none of those players get outshone by 2 of their teammates...

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2006, 07:54:00 AM »
Sorry..but Ronaldinho didn't fail at PSG. But that is a matter of opinion...so cool.
Maradona wasn't the greatest at Barca (even before the injury) and he 'flopped' at WC 1982 and looked mediocre at WC 1990. A stint at Sevilla is not even worth mentioning.

As for Pele being outshone. Pele was not Brazil's best player in 1958 (didn't make a note until the semis) but then again he was only 17. He played a whole 1.5 games in 1962 when the star was Garrincha. Many Brazilians find him as talented as Pele. Jairzinho outshone and outscored Pele on 1970. Rivelinho was considered Brazil's best player of the tournament. Pele never was the best player for Brazil in a WC...he was just the common factor in all 3 victories. By the way...I love my Pele...just being objective

Good points all. I will take the PSG thing and the Maradona @Barca as being even, although my original point was that players like Maradona and Pele don't get outshone by TWO teammates, even if they are the junior partner at one point in a dynamic duo. Pele was injured early in 62 and was injuured again for 66, thus he didn't have a chance to shine. He started playing after the senior striker got injured in 58 and started scoring once he got his chance, thus only making an impact at the semis. In that World Cup, Garrincha was Brazil's star(another person who got a chance because somebody got injured) but he was the only person to get more ranks that Pele. And in 70 he was going a goal a game until the final when his strike partner (jairzinho) eventually got that accolade cause Pele was setting up goals instead as the elder statesman. But..he was still one of the main players in that tourney as well. For other players to outshine him is basically perception because at that point they knew what he had to offer and the others were new since european teams were not as adept at scouting overseas as they are now.
But at the crux of the matter...we both agree that it is too soon for Ronaldinho to be called in the same breath as Pele and Maradona, correct?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2006, 08:36:19 AM »
Breaking NEWS
Disgruntled had an Epiphany!!!
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

NEGATIVE

Més que un club.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2006, 11:26:53 AM »

pele.