June 04, 2024, 11:47:28 AM

Author Topic: Best games seen in t&T over the years  (Read 16947 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Best games seen in t&T over the years
« on: February 01, 2006, 05:09:54 PM »
This is another brain teaser as some good games have been played involving local players. For me the real test of locals was the game between Defence force and Argentina juniors for the right to represent the americas. The argentinians were fresh from the world cup and players like baptista showed why they were in mix in the end.
it was a brilliant display of football and it remains the best level of football I have ever seen by a local team.
Of course I mean no disrespect to ASL which could also get a lot of mention for games against flamengo, Cuba, and the fort lauderdale strikers with cuban star teofilio Cubillas.
I wonder how many people remember that ASL beat Cuba,Arsenal and nautico which had a standout shortman who was the fix up man who thrilled the crowd with his short legs pumping every time a player went down.
those days there were no professionals but the locals in ASL under the brazilian william santa Rosa earned the respect of the T&T public.
It wasn't easy to get in to see a club play in those days and we weren't playing in any world cup. we brought Zico and falcao to T&T and the locals held their own.
I am sure others will have other games to mention though as the list is not short

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Best games seen in t&T over the years
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 05:13:23 PM »
Sando Tech vs Arima for big seven title.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 05:19:33 PM »
I dont want to get killed so i will have to also mention T&T versus Pele and Santos. Archibald put down ah dribble deh that stopped Pele short. Also cant forget Russel....may he rest in peace.... Tesheira who stopped the king of football outside the area in the queens park oval ...which collapsed under the weight of the fans.
Pele jinked right and left but vcouldn't shake  " Teache " and a liltle pat on the back was well in order.......fans you see de names I calling here ?
World class T&T performances have been around for a long time !

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 07:49:46 PM »
I dont want to get killed so i will have to also mention T&T versus Pele and Santos. Archibald put down ah dribble deh that stopped Pele short. Also cant forget Russel....may he rest in peace.... Tesheira who stopped the king of football outside the area in the queens park oval ...which collapsed under the weight of the fans.
Pele jinked right and left but vcouldn't shake  " Teache " and a liltle pat on the back was well in order.......fans you see de names I calling here ?
World class T&T performances have been around for a long time !

Most games I remember Benedicts with Dilly dem, Sando tec with Spanner, Smith, Mitchell. dey kill for about two, three years.
ASL versus Arsenal good Arsenal team stunned by ASL

Costa Rica vs T&T in Skinner Park (Archie and Dilly at their best)
T&T vs Surinam we lost 1-0 What a game and dam Umburg bend a free kick around, about a 8 man wall.
T&T vs Haiti Skinner park 1980 Bert Neptune at his best
T&T vs Guatemala 2005 The come back
T&T vs Mexico 2005 4th spot
T&T vs Costa Rica 1989 The game in the Stadium

Best exhibition of football have to be Socrates and them with Corinthians.
Dam dem put on ah clinic
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 09:21:13 PM »
I will go with Arima vs San F'do Tech to remember by school days. But in terms of WC  vs Guatemala in 89 that bullet by Jameson oh gawddddddddd. vs Guatemala and Mexico in 2005.

The opportunity to see Socrates, Careca and John Barnes were also memorable.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lp

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 11:39:15 PM »
T&T vs Norway mid 90s. The Norwegian team was a top rated team at the time and the general- little magician- Latas had them and the crowd going. I think we one that 2-1

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 11:50:01 PM »
Marijauana indians vs Grass roots, game was so good ah man had tuh stop it by riding on he bike an swinging ah brushing cutlass at de players.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 01:02:21 AM »
T&T vs Norway mid 90s. The Norwegian team was a top rated team at the time and the general- little magician- Latas had them and the crowd going. I think we one that 2-1

think it was 3-2 back in '95 or '96

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 01:08:32 AM »
Mico EYM vs Survival in Aranguez savannah, big final and Tappa want down the left side and cross a bullet and Mousey come diving first post with a dread header,  bam 1-0 with about 2 minutes to go.. and the whole ah El Socorro storm the field.....

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 02:32:32 AM »
T&T vs Costa Rica 1989 The game in the Stadium

Would have been even better if Alibey had tried to score d winner with his head instead of his hand....

Best game for me was TT vs Mexico back in 2000 (1-0 to us)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 06:01:07 AM »
The T&T crystal Palace with was good too. Leonsen´s fans were in their glee as he scored 4.

MickeyRat

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 06:54:48 AM »
Mico EYM vs Survival in Aranguez savannah, big final and Tappa want down the left side and cross a bullet and Mousey come diving first post with a dread header, bam 1-0 with about 2 minutes to go.. and the whole ah El Socorro storm the field.....

Oh Gawd College, I was dey!

Facking (Bow-leg) Mousey..... :chilling:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 07:50:54 AM »
"teofilio Cubillas" was from Peru...Is there another ?

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 08:29:13 AM »
asl vs arsenal
asl vs flamengo
tacarigua utd vs leeds
watford vs sao paulo
colleges league definitely arima vs sado tech.

can't remember the dates

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 01:37:12 PM »
Sando Tech vs Arima for big seven title.

Yuh read meh mind boy.

That game play TWICE in the Arima Veledroma and each one was worries and problems.  I was there for both ah them games as a little snatty nose youthman who just love football.  Born and grow in Arima so ah wasn't missing that.

It was Latas, Leonson Lewis, Ross Russell, Marvin Faustin, Mamba and the rest of the Sando Tech team versus Timothy Haynes and Kerry Jamerson playing for Arima.

Those were two of the best games I remember as a youthman growing up.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 01:42:50 PM »

It was in the OVAL and yes it was BOSS!! We make ESPN INTERNATIONAL that day a s one of the biggest upsets of the day.

MickeyRat

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 01:52:30 PM »
T&T vs. USA (1994) - National Stadium- International Friendly

Cah remember the score.  All I know is I meet a sweet ting that afternoon and wine on it all the way to Independents Square, jam in front of Central Bank.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2006, 02:35:18 PM »
I must admit, 2 of the best games for me was P'town vs Signal Hill in Skinner Park, and the replay in the National Stadium of 94'.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006, 03:03:02 PM »
"teofilio Cubillas" was from Peru...Is there another ?

One and the same ! just like Pele lined up with the Cosmos and Chinaglia also wityh the Cosmos Cubilas lined up with Forth Lauderdale strikers . Dont forget de kaiser of germany etc. These were the stars responsible for the MLS today !

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 03:07:13 PM »

It was in the OVAL and yes it was BOSS!! We make ESPN INTERNATIONAL that day a s one of the biggest upsets of the day.

I am glad there are men on this form who could go back to some really glory days in LOCAL FOOTBALL. Yes we are in the WC for the first time ever but our local football does not have the same following as in years gone by with no professionals ! maybe some of the reasons why we remember certain games may prove useful in finding out why in spite of pro leagues interest in local football is not growing
Keep de games coming guys, real fans dont ever want to stop taliking about them !

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006, 03:18:10 PM »
TT vs Mexico, 2001 WC 2K2 Campaign, 1-0 to TT, Latas bullet

close 2nd:

Barataria Ball Players vs La Brea Angels: 6-0, Milo distress men and score a laser to send de mang crazy, man geh draft fuh army not long after dat....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2006, 03:24:43 PM »
Kerry Jameson Strike Squad against Honduras will always stand out in my mind, and yes it was Latas with the set up

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 03:32:04 PM »
TT vs Mexico, 2001 WC 2K2 Campaign, 1-0 to TT, Latas bullet

close 2nd:

Barataria Ball Players vs La Brea Angels: 6-0, Milo distress men and score a laser to send de mang crazy, man geh draft fuh army not long after dat....

Tell them, tell them about that  skinny man!!!!!! may he RIP

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2006, 03:32:35 PM »
Here's a next one,
CRYSTAL PALACE AND STRIKE SQUAD post Nov 19th

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2006, 03:33:45 PM »
St Mary's vs Fatima North Zone Finals 85

MickeyRat

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2006, 03:50:08 PM »
Any Green Machine vs. San Juan games between 82-85 on San Juan grounds....Pure madness.
Is nuts men, weed men, girls, fight, bottle, girls getting ...-up, Sharke Henry...Cutass pullin, big-stone pelting....Sweetness :D

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2006, 03:51:59 PM »
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2006, 03:54:07 PM »
Any Green Machine vs. San Juan games between 82-85 on San Juan grounds....Pure madness.
Is nuts men, weed men, girls, fight, bottle, girls getting ...-up, Sharke Henry...Cutass pullin, big-stone pelting....Sweetness :D

Aye rat what ever happen to Sheldon Bennet

MickeyRat

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2006, 03:54:55 PM »

Aye rat what ever happen to Sheldon Bennet

Last time I heard Scabbie was in FL (not sure).

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2006, 06:41:13 PM »

Rat, dat was the damn thing self, between the 2 teams yuh had bout 8 national players and tempo fuh so. And all the 'gustine girls come down trying to start bacchanal with the san juan girls, the weed men on the fence behind the Northen goal burnin they trees,  man have they three canal wrap up in crocus bag just in csse thing start and by half time the pie man sell out.. wah yoh bring back memories they boy... ;D ;D

1]; } ?>