May 28, 2024, 12:25:54 PM

Author Topic: T&T U21 to play US U17  (Read 10106 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T U21 to play US U17
« on: February 08, 2006, 09:05:31 AM »
I see where the T&T U21 playing against the US U17 any one thinks it's a good idea?would it help or hurt us?what can we gain from playing this team?is it just another game to look at players?could our players be tested by this team?it can be embarrassing for us IF things don't go our way.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: T&T U21 to play US U17
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 09:10:58 AM »
This will probably get folded into the other thread but here is my two cents.

I dont think we can shy away from games because we think we might lose to a younger team that by perception our U21 should beat.
I think any gamaes and competition we can get for our teams is good, if the team is better, we can only get better by playing stronger teams.
If the team is weaker, then it will an opportunity to give some fringe players a run out, work on plays and set pieces and give the guys more playing time to get accostumed to playing alongside eachother.

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 09:16:44 AM »
I see this as a slap in d face... y d US cyah give us dey U21 to play against, are they saying that we U21 only good enough to play against their U17? and the ttff take dat slap and say thank you????

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 09:32:57 AM »
I see this as a slap in d face... y d US cyah give us dey U21 to play against, are they saying that we U21 only good enough to play against their U17? and the ttff take dat slap and say thank you????

Don't see a real problem with playing this game, it's all about player development, and somehow i don't think that this US under 17 is going to be some kinda cake walk, If you so upset about getting such a younger oppostiion then we better make sure get a commanding result from the game otherwise it will expose the level our team is at. We shouldnt shy away from this.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 09:46:01 AM »
nothing wrong with our U21's playing the US U17's. i've seen the US U23 and U20 team play them (check the ussoccer.com archives). the US U17 team is a "permanent" side. they live and train together in bradenton, fl.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 09:48:40 AM »
when we play dem, we should cut dey ass, diz all, i dont see why we cant, we playing 2 mls teams at full strength, dis is good, an un17 national shouldnt b any big ting for we, iz practise

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 09:50:13 AM »

A slap in the face!!!!! sensitive much???

This U17 is playing the MLS teams, we are playing the MLS teams just because they are younger allyuh acting like its some kinda dis, if it was Brazil U17 all kinda men would be taking the day off from work to make it to the match.
This U17 might very well beat our U21, I think they will at least provide a competitive match which is what you want.

Also the main reason we are playing the U21 is because they are in Brendenton FL training, along with the MLS teams and our U21 so its just a matter of circumstance.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 09:56:17 AM »
USA u-17 have a residency program close by in FL.  I do not know if their U-21 is available so i can't comment on any slap in the face thing.  

if we lose then we learn something about ourselves, it may expose weaknesses , then we move forward positive vibes. It may be a wake up call a good kick in the rear end.  More games the better and this is decent opposition no cake walk.

It will be kinda interesting to see how these TT players respond if in fact they do lose.

Accept the game and tell the players give their best.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 09:58:25 AM »
The thing is i don't know the level of our U21's but my senses tell me we should not have to be struggling against a US U17 team,these are the replacements for the present WC team,the possible 2010 WC players, i think this is what theses guys are getting ready for.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 10:01:36 AM »
i think the US u17's have a slight edge on us  when it comes to teamwork because they play with each other everyday. they are a club team for all purposes. this incarnation of our U21 team has been in existence for about a month maybe?

this is the US U17 page - http://www.ussoccer.com/teams/youth/u-17mnt/index.jsp.html
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 10:05:57 AM by Andre »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 10:05:38 AM »
Being out here and around these ppl every day this is more ammunition for them to throw at us,they like to talk,they like to put us down,they are glad for this game to show us their power,you see what they do to us when they get in the media,Coach,players etc they laugh.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 10:09:49 AM »
that ironic considering the fact that probably 1/2 of all US MLS and national team players reared by foreign born coaches at the youth level. anywhere you go, you will see trinis, africans, europeans etc. coachong youth side here.

the biggest youth clubs here in atlanta all set up by foreigners e.g. www.starssoccerclub.com. check the site and you will see some nigerian women legends bringing them up.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 10:16:47 AM »
be open minded this iz ah training camp fellers. every game is to try-out players and formations and shyt like that.

it doh matter who playing or the result.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 10:17:05 AM »
A slap in the face? If the MLS teams can play against the US u17 team in their training camp, why can't we? Also, the US does not have a u21 team, they have a u20 team that is made of mostly professional players who for the most part play in MLS. Those US u20 players are either training or in the middle of the season with their club teams . That is why we have no game against the US u21 or u20 teams. It's amazing that nobody questioned when our senior players played against a second tier college team and a fete side of Honduran nationals in Miami. This is a training camp and for the first time EVER our youth national team will play two MLS sides. Some of us are acting really cowardly regarding this u17 thing. Grow some flikken stones nah. Steups.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 10:19:17 AM »
tempo,

i offended. i went to FIU. FIU is not a 2nd tier college team.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 10:26:32 AM »
Don't mean to offend Andre' but here are the 2005 D1 college rankings and FIU not even in the top 30.

2005 NCAA Division I Men - National
December 13, 2005

Final Regular Season Poll
Rank   School   W-L-T   Prev.
1   University of Maryland   20-4-1
   --
2   University of New Mexico   18-2-3
   --
3   Clemson University   15-6-3
   --
3   Southern Methodist University   14-6-3
   --
5   University of Akron   18-1-4
   --
6   Creighton University   15-5-3
   --
7   University of North Carolina   17-4-3
   --
8   University of California   14-4-3
   --
9   University of Connecticut   16-3-2
   --
10   Penn State University   13-7-2
   --
11   University of Virginia   12-5-3
   --
12   Wake Forest University   13-8-2
   --
13   Cal State Northridge   15-4-3
   --
13   St. John's University   11-6-5
   --
15   University of Notre Dame   12-8-3
   --
16   Duke University   12-5-3
   --
17   Indiana University   13-3-6
   --
18   University of North Carolina, Greensboro   16-6-1
   --
19   UCLA   12-5-3
   --
20   Santa Clara University   13-6-3
   --
21   Old Dominion University   15-4-2
   --
22   North Carolina State University   11-7-1
   --
23   UC Santa Barbara   13-5-3
   --
24   University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee   14-4-5
   --
24   Seton Hall University   13-4-3
   --
Also receiving votes: Bradley, Brown, South Florida, Virginia Tech

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 10:32:22 AM »
i know we wasn't ranked the whole season but we make the NCAA final game in 1996 and always in the NCAA tournament. 2005 was a slightly off yr.

anyhow, i just kicksing as usual man. doh ever take anything i say too serious.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 10:46:01 AM »
Yah had to be kicksing on that one boy . But I know anyone who play and their team is called second tier have to say something. It's natural. But, I real shocked at some of the negative comments about this training camp. Later   

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 11:29:09 AM »
Yah had to be kicksing on that one boy . But I know anyone who play and their team is called second tier have to say something. It's natural. But, I real shocked at some of the negative comments about this training camp. Later   
Breds i agree with the whole purpose of the Camp,is just that sometimes i feel they can go somewhere else and train,play against somebody else,you will not understand what i'm talking about unless you are involved with these ppl on a daily basis,look at how many of our players does be benching out here etc etc is time these ppl start to respect us and the only way that will happen is when we start getting results against them,they have a way they judge you by country,what's your record,stats etc I more about their egos.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 11:48:21 AM »
Believe me I know what you are talking about but why should we care what anyone in the US says. The fact is they have spent hundreds of millions of dollars over the past 15 years to develop programs, host a world cup, build a viable professional league, and enjoy a substantial population advantage. Logic says they should beat we. But the pressure will always be on them.  Now that we finally putting together a development structure, our teams will perform better. So Coop's doe worry about them and they trash talk. 

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 11:54:24 AM »
Believe me I know what you are talking about but why should we care what anyone in the US says. The fact is they have spent hundreds of millions of dollars over the past 15 years to develop programs, host a world cup, build a viable professional league, and enjoy a substantial population advantage. Logic says they should beat we. But the pressure will always be on them.  Now that we finally putting together a development structure, our teams will perform better. So Coop's doe worry about them and they trash talk. 
Thanks Breds i'm glad you understand where i'm coming from,is just that i have to deal with it all the time.We cool. 

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 11:56:58 AM »
Yeah coops they view us as mediocre and that will not change next week.  Play the game if they beat we, then we get licks move on keep working hard.

But to hide and say nah we ain't playing cause we might lose and feel bad.  nah if that was the case we should just play barbados, grenada, JA :devil:  and all them weak teams.  

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 11:59:23 AM »
Everyone's lookiat at it as the Under 21's playing a younger team (that we should defeat) as a slap in the face....

here's another view ..... probably it's the US under17 looking for a stronger...older opponent. ..... maybe
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 12:06:58 PM »
What i like with all of this is that all of us mean well for the future of T&T Football,how we decide to do it is another thing,qualification for the WC has definitely lighted a little fire in our administration and we are now seeing some work being done,with the funds they have one never know how long these programs going to last(T&T YOU TALKING ABOUT).I do appreciate you all views.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 12:12:29 PM »
USA eh have nothing to show off bout in football. when i the last time they beat a full strength decent south american or european side? the norway win was against a B side. they only reason they reach the last 8 in WC02 is because they run into a team they know well in the 2nd round i.e. mexico.

as for basketball, they done get embarass in that.

they will soon get licks in baseball tool- http://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/2006/.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 12:35:38 PM »
regardless of money, luck, rich, poor whatever last 8 in WC is something to talk about.

And in TT if we achieve that bet we will be boasting not so?

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2006, 04:47:06 PM »
we should me able to beat them..the players in the under 21 side are all standout players..tinto,highley and claderon up front is real prussure.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2006, 05:00:13 PM »
USA eh have nothing to show off bout in football. when i the last time they beat a full strength decent south american or european side? the norway win was against a B side. they only reason they reach the last 8 in WC02 is because they run into a team they know well in the 2nd round i.e. mexico.

as for basketball, they done get embarass in that.

they will soon get licks in baseball tool- http://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/2006/.

In all fairness yuh cyah say that and really mean that man

Not too long ago we take ah set ah Brazilians from Nursing homes in Brazil and barely beat dem...and ah mean barely.

We on World Cup numero uno....they on world cup......

Now we have ah U21 playin they U17...men vs boys. The game is practice BUT........WE BETTER WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2006, 07:52:25 PM »
 I just glad to see Gorean Highley back in the mix....If he was only serious before...He would have been our Wayne Rooney

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2006, 02:02:37 AM »
Please don't think that we just want to put down T&T when we give support to the US teams. Real men have toiled in this country to build the game as players and coaches. We feel good to see the products of our passion for the game. Brian Haynes has been Eddie Johnson's mentor and coach for the past few years. Marvin Smith was a major influence on Cat Reddick's development as a youth player in Alabama. Lincoln Phillips has mentored and worked with hundreds of players and coaches in the US.
Talent is not enough when you dealing with the top level. The US has made a national committment to becoming a world class program at all levels and many of us have had a hand in some way towards this process. Their way of doing things here is all about productivity and effectiveness and we could learn a thing or two from them; just as their children have learned a million things about football and freedom of expression from us.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

1]; } ?>