June 08, 2024, 11:09:05 PM

Author Topic: The 4 Defenders That Will take the Warriors to Victory in the WC!  (Read 6761 times)

TrinInfinite

In my opinion the 4 bess defenders for us would be

Grey            Sancho                Hoyte                Samuel

if we get hoyte and samuel and sancho starts playin more first team ball, this will be the defense bc sancho is much better than dog and tallest, hes quicker, better with the ball at his feet and can pass and possess.

Vibes It Up

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
Re: The 4 Defenders That Will take the Warriors to Victory in the WC!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 08:06:58 PM »
dog get some bad games for gers and all yuh go do him like he name so.....he still good do rule him out nah...AND WAT BOUT D MAN WHO ACTUALY SCORE 2 GET WE IN D WORLD CUP..LAWRENCE ..NUTIN BETER THAN A CETRE HALF WHO CAN PUT IN D HEADERS AND TALL ENUFF @ CLEAR D DAGNERS ON SET PIECE........DONT MAKE NO TEAM FOR BEENIE YET LET ALL thm felllas get in d prime with relegation fight and promotion struggle put thy heart out there and keep thy consistency up for we in d cup THEN WE COULD SAY WHO ACTUALLY TAKE WE TOO GLORY UNTIL THEN...WE IN GERMANY ...VIBESZ IT UP

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 08:13:39 PM »
Have you even seen hoyte play?

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 08:15:45 PM »
Have you even seen hoyte play?
Hoyte good enough to play anywhere across that backline.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 08:16:41 PM »
I can't wait to see Lawrence play in the WC, all of you who  adamant about him being an integral part of the defense.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 08:17:24 PM »
dat back 4 at this stage could be a disaster, defence is not a ting to tamper wid just so. ive played in teams where even 1 new man come into the back 4 and mess tings up. they will have to play games and train alot together. also i dunno if fifa lettin dem play :( i would have liked them players for the 2010 campaign. i like sancho too, he gives us more pace and control than lawrence, but lawrence is a treat in the air and in the world cup against these teams chances will be few and far between so set pieces will be important, and for that same reason we may need his hieght for crouch, imbrahimovic and cruz although he might be out (cruz).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 08:19:11 PM by pioneertrini »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 08:22:17 PM »
I agree with Sancho being included in the squad, I eh know about him starting though...I'd like him to be included in de squad but if he not even recalled for the Iceland game this looks unlikely...he needs to start gettin some first team action quick

T&T welcomes back...the King

TrinInfinite

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 08:23:33 PM »
yuh cant beat dat backline, juss bc lawrence score we goal against bahrain doh mean he is class tuh hold de defense in de WC, he not better than sancho, diz certain

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 08:25:18 PM »
I don't knw why they keep leaving Sancho out. I think he has shown that he is very capable of being on the team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 08:26:07 PM »
I agree with Sancho being included in the squad, I eh know about him starting though...I'd like him to be included in de squad but if he not even recalled for the Iceland game this looks unlikely...he needs to start gettin some first team action quick

breds lawrence can even make a SPL team, far less championship, he is not class and headers can b scored by our strikers, we cant count on defenders 2 score headers, plus sancho good in de air

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 08:32:07 PM »
yeh i know, but men like beenhakker study football deep. som1 may seen sancho as better, but beenie might tink dennis will fill a weakness or oppotunity that sancho cant. also i prefer spann to be right bak if he not in midfield. i doh like gray. he can scrap n ting but as a football he is technicly poor, 1 shit pass like i see him do and dats it we out  :'( i kno men go disagree but just my view. i seen hoyte on the right and hes good. TI i agree wid that lawrence playin a lower league football. he slow in recovery. so if we come up against real pace then sancho is the man. the team has to adjust. i trust beenie to make the right decision.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 08:36:23 PM »

breds lawrence can even make a SPL team, far less championship, he is not class and headers can b scored by our strikers, we cant count on defenders 2 score headers, plus sancho good in de air

well I eh say nothing about Lawrence, I juss say that I think Sancho should be on de team too. His defending skills aside, I do think that Tallest is an asset to have for set plays, and I not just saying this because he header send we to WC, but he also scores headers off free kicks and corners for Wrexham, yuh have to admit his header accuracy is good, esp spiked headers, ah remember in de first leg he leggo a powerful one that almost give we the lead if not for a good save. I have not seen Hoyte play enough to make a judgement yet so I can't say about him either, but ah sure Tallest will win an aerial battle between he and Hoyte, but then a pace and speed battle is the other way around....a dilemma I will let Beenie handle  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

TrinInfinite

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 08:39:53 PM »
yeh i know, but men like beenhakker study football deep. som1 may seen sancho as better, but beenie might tink dennis will fill a weakness or oppotunity that sancho cant. also i prefer spann to be right bak if he not in midfield. i doh like gray. he can scrap n ting but as a football he is technicly poor, 1 shit pass like i see him do and dats it we out :'( i kno men go disagree but just my view. i seen hoyte on the right and hes good. TI i agree wid that lawrence playin a lower league football. he slow in recovery. so if we come up against real pace then sancho is the man. the team has to adjust. i trust beenie to make the right decision.

i agree with spann in the right back instead and dat was wat i was initially goin 2 put him except man classin him now as a midfielder, even bolton want him as a midfielder, so i carded him to be fightin wit birchall for the place as a starter,

Spann                       Sancho               Hoyte                 Samuel

this would b de line-up i would have pushed, but look how beenie replace birchall wit spann in our last game. and now teams are classifyin him as a mid, so i wonder if de right back will b his position? ???

man callin 4 lawrence and lawrence can even posess a ball properly and pass good enough under pressure, but dey want him 2 play against sweden and england, i see lawrence kick away ball and give up possession one too many times, cant hold de ball at a rushing striker comin at him, he cant start 4 we, man feel we go win wit him and dog in de back against england and sweden puttin dem 2 de sword, allyuh mad or wha?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 09:07:22 PM »
yeh i know, but men like beenhakker study football deep. som1 may seen sancho as better, but beenie might tink dennis will fill a weakness or oppotunity that sancho cant. also i prefer spann to be right bak if he not in midfield. i doh like gray. he can scrap n ting but as a football he is technicly poor, 1 shit pass like i see him do and dats it we out :'( i kno men go disagree but just my view. i seen hoyte on the right and hes good. TI i agree wid that lawrence playin a lower league football. he slow in recovery. so if we come up against real pace then sancho is the man. the team has to adjust. i trust beenie to make the right decision.

i agree with spann in the right back instead and dat was wat i was initially goin 2 put him except man classin him now as a midfielder, even bolton want him as a midfielder, so i carded him to be fightin wit birchall for the place as a starter,

Spann                       Sancho               Hoyte                 Samuel

this would b de line-up i would have pushed, but look how beenie replace birchall wit spann in our last game. and now teams are classifyin him as a mid, so i wonder if de right back will b his position? ???

man callin 4 lawrence and lawrence can even posess a ball properly and pass good enough under pressure, but dey want him 2 play against sweden and england, i see lawrence kick away ball and give up possession one too many times, cant hold de ball at a rushing striker comin at him, he cant start 4 we, man feel we go win wit him and dog in de back against england and sweden puttin dem 2 de sword, allyuh mad or wha?

Hoyte and Samuel? Allyuh still putting men in there who not eligible to play? Come nah man, if they are granted to play then kool. Otherwise suggest players who actually can put on a national shirt. I don't think Beenie changing anything in the back anyways. Any new inclusion is a backup.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

TrinInfinite

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 09:30:23 PM »

Spann Sancho Hoyte Samuel

Hoyte and Samuel? Allyuh still putting men in there who not eligible to play? Come nah man, if they are granted to play then kool. Otherwise suggest players who actually can put on a national shirt. I don't think Beenie changing anything in the back anyways. Any new inclusion is a backup.

samuel and hoyte back ups? yuh pull dat suggestion out of yuh ass, dem fellahs is class

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 10:02:29 PM »
TI you real F$%kin idle yes!.... Is chupid talk yuh lookin for or wha. Why inlcude 2 men dat kyah play for us.... look, until FIFA say dey could play dey not de best option dat Beenie have at his disposal. So dah best 4 yuh have dey, have as much value as monopoly money tuh spend by Kirpalani's.

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 10:10:45 PM »
TI you real F$%kin idle yes!.... Is chupid talk yuh lookin for or wha. Why inlcude 2 men dat kyah play for us.... look, until FIFA say dey could play dey not de best option dat Beenie have at his disposal. So dah best 4 yuh have dey, have as much value as monopoly money tuh spend by Kirpalani's.
Me eh care what Beenie say or anyone else fuh dat matter..If dey leave out Dog and Tallest dat go be real f**keries!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 10:20:46 PM »
Trini Infinite dont pull down one player to show case another. Obviously Lawrence was class enough to get us into the WC because without his header we might have faced a different fate and by the way on that faithful day, we had forwards on the field we even had a mid-field but neither was able to score those headers you said can be scored by anyone. Say yuh like Sancho, most posters do like him but when Lawrence check out de site to feel de vibes, I would not want him to read that at this stage in the business we feel that he is not class and the avid fans dont believe in him. remember this thing is mostly confidence.  Big up de next guy but remember who got yuh where yuh at.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 10:49:14 PM »
Americans from de South have a sayin....when yuh go to de big dance, yuh dance wit who brung yuh.

Maybe it applies here...maybe not.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 10:56:44 PM »
Americans from de South have a sayin....when yuh go to de big dance, yuh dance wit who brung yuh.

It would be criminal if dem two fellas eh dey.

From Panama tuh Bahrain..Tallest pull we out, more dan once.

I eh even know why I responding tuh dis shit post in de first place TI's not Plaos'

I eh care if we get Maldini...he should not start in fromt and Tallest nor Dog.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2006, 11:33:00 PM »

It would be criminal if dem two fellas eh dey.

From Panama tuh Bahrain..Tallest pull we out, more dan once.

I eh even know why I responding tuh dis shit post in de first place TI's not Plaos'

I eh care if we get Maldini...he should not start in fromt and Tallest nor Dog.

so tt, lemme get dis straight, if we get samuel and hoyte, dog and tallest still startin, beenie loyal but he not goin 2 put a weaker team 2 play if we have samuel and hoyte, allyuh could say wat u want, u didnt read de article where beenhakker say he appealing for dem, if he want dem so badly, dem man guaranteed a start

TrinInfinite

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2006, 11:41:20 PM »
Trini Infinite dont pull down one player to show case another. Obviously Lawrence was class enough to get us into the WC because without his header we might have faced a different fate and by the way on that faithful day, we had forwards on the field we even had a mid-field but neither was able to score those headers you said can be scored by anyone. Say yuh like Sancho, most posters do like him but when Lawrence check out de site to feel de vibes, I would not want him to read that at this stage in the business we feel that he is not class and the avid fans dont believe in him. remember this thing is mostly confidence. Big up de next guy but remember who got yuh where yuh at.

ah know lawrence score de goal, but it was also lawrence who didnt stop de header by de bahraini who scored against us in pos, he was right dey but lapsed, didnt even try to head it out, which costed us de draw, so wats ur point, sancho is great in de air, and is better at passing and possession, could also dribble, plus hes playin a higher level of football and is faster, if he didnt get injured tallest wouldnt have started all dose games, sancho, spann, hoyte and samuel if dey get thru will hold we opponents better than dog and lawrence, no offense 2 dem, but i lookin for de bess team possible and beenie will do de same, no matter who score wat, dere also de same defenders who cost us games in the qualifying, so wheres ur argument?

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2006, 11:42:28 PM »
meh eh tink you an all does understand wha 'you' does type nah! why keep emphasizin on tings we dont have....YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? and how de arse dat Lawrence not stoppin the goal cost us the draw? me eh know football does play backwards....steupes!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 11:44:53 PM by Tongue »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2006, 11:46:12 PM »
meh eh tink you an all does understand wha 'you' does type nah! why keep emphasizin on tings we dont have....YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

alright hear dis tongue, de present defense should b

spann             grey                 sancho               avery

dog and lawrence could come off de bench bc tallest dont defend well against headers and dog 2 slow 2 play against iceland

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2006, 12:00:51 AM »
Dat! is real jackarseness yuh talkin dey....wha point yuh tryin tuh make by puttin Dog and Tallest on the bench....what ah tink ah know is dat Grey eh no central defender...so why put him in there.  The middle is where Lawrence and Dog does make dey living...and matter of fact Dog does comeup again speedy players all the time....so yuh in really saying nutten dey.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 12:05:06 AM »
Dat! is real jackarseness yuh talkin dey....wha point yuh tryin tuh make by puttin Dog and Tallest on the bench....what ah tink ah know is dat Grey eh no central defender...so why put him in there. The middle is where Lawrence and Dog does make dey living...and matter of fact Dog does comeup again speedy players all the time....so yuh in really saying nutten dey.

breds, u could put dog dey, but is in de air defending we need, and dem fellahs not doin it, corners and free kicks i does get nervous wit dog and tallest defending

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 01:09:46 AM »
maybe yuh should say set plays and then yuh might have a focal point but if I remember correctly, set plays in de box are set up by the goalkeeper since he can see everything and what he(goalkeeper) does want the defender dont always see. So possible Jack and Dog must communicate more especially when its Jack in the post and not Shaka because everyone knows that Shaka can Marshall the set plays.
The first man who say that you dont just interrupt defender chemistry just so, all de talk could -a stop after dat. Defender chemistry harder to mesh than mid or forward line. between Dog, Lawrence, Shaka, Dwight, Latapy & newly appointed to de gentlemans club-Stern John there exists an understanding.  A vein straight up de middle to so ah liking dat.. Even when I was calling for the head of the player fomerly known as half slab, I was forgeting the chemistry thing(Beenie didnt forget) and look how Stern prove heself.
Now there is another category of warriors who are very groomable hence their presence on the Team - Aurtis Whitley, Spaan, Birchall, Grey, Cox, Avery, Samuels, Kenwyne Jones, anyone coming into the Team builds from the second list up. (Match fitness & scoring streaks) by incoming players must strike a note with any coach as he continuously looks for qualities/players however he remembers his pecking order unless yuh is Russell Latapy then things can change for de Boss.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006, 05:29:48 AM »
In my opinion the 4 bess defenders for us would be

Grey            Sancho                Hoyte                Samuel

if we get hoyte and samuel and sancho starts playin more first team ball, this will be the defense bc sancho is much better than dog and tallest, hes quicker, better with the ball at his feet and can pass and possess.

Vibes It Up

I am a bit confused by the title of this post although I respect the suggestions ......take the warriors to victory in the world Cup ?? Is that in all games ?? one game ?? against who ?
I see we are still thinking  ¨we could pick ah strong team and beat anybody wid dat team ¨!  Surely we should have learnt that we pick a team based on our opponents. It is no secret that Paraguay are vulnerable to the cross ball but I wouldn´t say that England is ... So lawence may be important in providing more room for Yorke etc at set pieces etc against paraguay than England or sweden..... you know that sort of thing ...
I dont think beenie will have the same fixed line up for all games because the teams we are facing have different caharacteristics..

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2006, 06:27:17 AM »
If Sancho ent check sharp he looking like one of the first men to get cut from the side.

Now Brent is meh pardner, but if he not playing at club level, then you cannot replace a man who sweating week in and out.

Tallest and Dog will be in the squad and they bring a air element that we will certainly face vs, Sweden and England.

Now I feel i does watch ball different to some of you all but lewwe talk bout Sancho lil bit.

He is faster than Dog but I ent feel he faster than lawrence, he does look like he puttin in plenty effort but he not really that much of a speedster.
Tallest have a long stride and can hit a fwd the "toe" to take away the ball.

Sancho is not much of a force in the air and while he has had some good games for TT he has had quite a few bad ones as well. Against Haiti and in a few of the friendlies he played in he was exposed defensively.

I will say though to his credit he is a Lionhearted player and gives his all but I find he is rash in the tackle and swipes "fresh breeze" more often than not, instead of connecting with ball or player.

Also the lunge and skate tackle approach is one of desperation as a defender. It should not be the first instinct, reading the game, stalling the play and interception should be first on this list as defender qualities.
I think most coach coaches and observers of the game recognise this and maybe this could be a reason for Sanchos omission.

Sancho also does not have a formidable frame as compared to Dog or Tallest. yes Tallest thin, but he has a better reach and stretch.

Really Sancho ent bringing nuttin to the field Dog or Tallest cannot bring, and Tallest and Dog are our set piece converters on corners.

If men get clearance to play is Sancho and Cox who will get shaft.

Avery,Cyd,Tallest and Dog is 4 men who place booked in the back barring injury.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 06:29:13 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2006, 07:05:20 AM »
If Sancho ent check sharp he looking like one of the first men to get cut from the side.

Now Brent is meh pardner, but if he not playing at club level, then you cannot replace a man who sweating week in and out.

Tallest and Dog will be in the squad and they bring a air element that we will certainly face vs, Sweden and England.

Now I feel i does watch ball different to some of you all but lewwe talk bout Sancho lil bit.

He is faster than Dog but I ent feel he faster than lawrence, he does look like he puttin in plenty effort but he not really that much of a speedster.
Tallest have a long stride and can hit a fwd the "toe" to take away the ball.

Sancho is not much of a force in the air and while he has had some good games for TT he has had quite a few bad ones as well. Against Haiti and in a few of the friendlies he played in he was exposed defensively.

I will say though to his credit he is a Lionhearted player and gives his all but I find he is rash in the tackle and swipes "fresh breeze" more often than not, instead of connecting with ball or player.

Also the lunge and skate tackle approach is one of desperation as a defender. It should not be the first instinct, reading the game, stalling the play and interception should be first on this list as defender qualities.
I think most coach coaches and observers of the game recognise this and maybe this could be a reason for Sanchos omission.

Sancho also does not have a formidable frame as compared to Dog or Tallest. yes Tallest thin, but he has a better reach and stretch.

Really Sancho ent bringing nuttin to the field Dog or Tallest cannot bring, and Tallest and Dog are our set piece converters on corners.

If men get clearance to play is Sancho and Cox who will get shaft.

Avery,Cyd,Tallest and Dog is 4 men who place booked in the back barring injury.

Amen.  This is exactly the way I see it. Word for word.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 07:20:35 AM by Tallman »

1]; } ?>