May 20, 2024, 01:13:40 PM

Author Topic: Arsenal Defender Justin Hoyte Refuses Chance To Play For T&T's Warriors  (Read 21441 times)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
www.worldcuplatest.com

Justin Hoyte refuses chance to play for T&T -
Beenhakker go after Zamora & Samuel.

England U-21 and Arsenal defender Justin Hoyte has said he will turn down the Soca Warriors coach Leo Beenhakker’s invitation to go to this summer's World Cup Finals with Trinidad and Tobago in order to concentrate on graduating to the senior England squad.
Soca Warriors coach Leo Beenhakker revealed last week that Hoyte, who is on a season-long loan at fellow Premiership rivals, Sunderland, was one of a list of English-born players with family links to Trinidad that he wants to make the move to Trinidad and Tobago’s national team for the finals in Germany.
T&T have been drawn in World Cup Group B along with England, Paraguay and Sweden, and Hoyte’s participation for T&T in Germany would have meant the possibility that Hoyte could have found himself playing against the country of his birth this summer.
But Hoyte, who has been capped seven times by England at Under-21 level, has said he will decline any advances made by Beenhakker because he feels that he would prefer to keep on pushing for an England Senior team call-up.
Hoyte said: “I've read about Trinidad and Tobago looking into the possibility of calling up several players in the Premiership, including myself.
“It's flattering, of course, and the chance of playing in a World Cup would be great. But for the moment I plan to concentrate purely on my England career and I'm hoping that one day I'll be playing for England in a World Cup.
“I've played for England at Under-17, 18, 19 and Under-21 levels and I've still got ambitions to play in the senior squad.
“That has been my dream since I was a youngster and I'm not giving up on that.
“I'm still young, just 22, and one day I'm hoping to be good enough to play for England and pull on the three lions shirt at the ultimate level.”
Beenhakker has already convinced Fulham goalkeeper Tony Warner to represent T&T’s Warriors, and the Dutchman also intends to try to approach Aston Villa's J Lloyd Samuel and West Ham's Bobby Zamora.
According to FIFA rules, players can switch which national team even after representing one country at Under-21 level, but even had Hoyte chosen to join Trinidad & Tobago, the TTFF would still have had to convince FIFA to make an exception to the rules for Hoyte could play for the Caribbean nation.
Under the current FIFA regulations, players must switch nation’s before they reach 21 - and Justin Hoyte was 22 back in November.
Beenhakker had intended to appeal to FIFA to sway the rules on the age issue but after Hoyte’s comments that is now irrelevant.
Beenhakker is hoping to tempt Arsenal's Justin Hoye to play for T&T

Trinidad and Tobago are hoping to be able to take Arsenal defender Justin Hoyte to the World Cup this summer. Soca Warriors coach Leo Beenhakker is hoping to discuss the Arsenal full-back’s situation with FIFA, and feels that he may be able to take Hoyte to the World Cup in Germany, as part of the Warriors squad, along with others such as West Ham's Bobby Zamora and J.Lloyd Samuel of Aston Villa.
Since qualifying for their first ever finals, Trinidad and Tobago head coach Leo Beenhakker has responded to the challenge of facing England, Sweden and Paraguay in Group B by seeking out, and actively recruiting new members for the T&T World Cup squad, and Beenhakker is set to formally approach FIFA to see if he can secure clearance to pick Hoyte, despite the fact he has represented England at Under-21 level.
T&T are looking at the possibility of exploiting the FIFA rule (introduced in 2002), which allows players to switch their national allegiance even if they've already played at a junior level for a different country.
Previously, players had been allowed to play at schoolboy level for one country and then at international level for another, because schoolboy level is all about where you go to school rather than about what your nationality is (hence famous examples such as Manchester United’s Ryan Giggs who played schoolboy football for England, but plays for Wales).
Once a player has played at any level from a junior (Under17, U19, U21) level upwards, your nationality is fixed as far as FIFA are concerned. The new ruling was introduced basically to help smaller countries and has been exploited a lot by African nations in the last few years.
Hoyte, who is currently on loan at Sunderland, has represented England at U21 level, and any plans to switch his footballing nationality may be undone by an addition to the FIFA rule, which states that the change has to be made before the player reaches the age of 21, but the Arsenal defender turned 21 back in November.
Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker is going to give it a try though, and is going to approach FIFA with a formal request to be allowed to pick Hoyte for his squad, along with others such as West Ham's Bobby Zamora and J.Lloyd Samuel of Aston Villa.
There have been no comments yet from Hoyte, and it is still unclear that Hoyte would even accept the offer to plat for T&T.
If FIFA do allow the switch, and Hoyte does decide to accept T&T's offer, he could find himself playing against his former teammate Freddie Ljungberg in his first competitive match at full international level, and facing his home nation England in his second match.
Hoyte is on loan at Sunderland this season, where he's been playing well, and Hoyte's potential is such that it wouldn't be surprising if he felt that he has enough potential to be able to get into the full England Senior squad to make the option of playing for T&T not to be all that attractive.
Related stories

Malaga striker Patricio Edgar has failed in his bid to represent Angola at World Cup

Malaga striker Patricio Edgar has failed in his bid to represent Angola at FIFA World Cup Germany 2006. FIFA rejected his application to switch his ‘footballing nationality’ because he failed to submit his request in time. Edgar had previously represented Portugal at full international level; however, this was for a mere 17 minutes in a friendly against Mozambique in 1998.
In a change of rules two years ago, FIFA allowed players who were under 21 to change their national allegiance if they had represented a second country at junior level and held dual nationality. Players over 21 were given a one year period in which to make their applications to switch nationality. The deadline for any submissions was 31 December 2004.
Edgar submitted his request last July, missing the deadline by six months, and a FIFA spokesman has confirmed that the 28 year-old, who has also played for Real Madrid and Benfica, would not be allowed to represent the Palancas Negras at next summer’s tournament.
Angola Boss Luis Oliveira Goncalves is Thwarted in His Chase For Rafael Nando

Hertha Berlin striker Rafael Nando has turned down the offer to represent the country of his birth, Angola, at next summer’s FIFA World Cup Germany 2006.
The 'Palancas Negras' coach Luis Oliveira Goncalves is looking to strengthen his squad ahead of next year’s tournament, and had approached Nando in the hope that he would be tempted by the opportunity of playing on the largest stage in world football. However, Goncalves’ efforts proved fruitless.
Speaking recently, Nando gave his reasons for turning down the offer. “It’s because I’ve grown up here (Germany). I left Angola when I was 10 years old. The most important time in my life was in Europe. I had a lot of hard times in Holland, so when I came here these people gave me back what I wanted, which was to play football and be happy in life. So that’s why I decided to be here and play for them.”
The 21 year-old forward is a regular for Hertha Berlin and has represented Germany at Under-21 level on six occasions, scoring four goals.
His current ambition is to represent Germany at the Under-21 European Championships next May. If he can perform well in that tournament there could still be a chance that German boss Jurgen Klinsmann will call him up to the senior squad in time for the finals in June.
Asked about his eligibility to play for Angola, Nando admitted. “In the rules I can play (for Angola), but I think my decision is to play for the national team of Germany."
Although they will find it tough going in Group D, which includes Mexico and Portugal, Nando still wants Angola to do well, saying he would like to see them progressing beyond the group stages. Despite the fact that he won't be there to play for them he still wished them all the best at next year's finals.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 03:46:25 AM by Flex »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal Defender Justin Hoyte Refuses Chance To Play For T&T's Warriors
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 10:31:52 AM »
Nuff respect to Hoyte ! Big man ! All the best !

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 10:32:35 AM »
well hoyte came striaght with it...he said he was capped at all levels and liek any reasoable person he wants to make the senior squad.....prolly has a chance to crack the arsenal squad next season with all the youth wenger tryign now and the experience he getting on loan .....d squad ehh go flop witout him lewe go on

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 10:41:12 AM »
How is he selling out his roots the man is is born in english and is english ?
Birchall family come from england so i guess yuh think he selling out as well ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 10:43:53 AM »
well Good luck to Hoyte, he is a good player, at least he come out straight and say he's waiting for an England call-up, Zamora could at least have the balls to say the same ting

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 10:46:24 AM »
hoyte could go bull heself, all dese west indians in england want tuh play for england and not their roots, anyways small ting, samuel still want 2 play

WHEN WE BEAT HIS BEAUTIFUL ENGLAND IN THE WORLD CUP, AH WONDER WHAT HOYTE GO SAY, I THOUGHT DIS MAN WAS SHAKA COUSIN, WHAT KINDA SELL OUT TING IS DAT  >:(

breds, de man is more english than trini, he ain't no sell out.....respect to him for not giving us de run around......if your child born in canada and live dere all he life, and he want to play for canada, would you call him a sell out?

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 10:48:23 AM »
hoyte could go bull heself, all dese west indians in england want tuh play for england and not their roots, anyways small ting, samuel still want 2 play

:-\ :-\ :-\

Same could be said for Canada & US.

Not all want to play for England. British-Caribbeans do play for Caribbean nations. British Born Players of Caribbean origin are the majority out of US, Can & UK by far playing for Caribbean Nations.
But the Ting is People Call Triniman a Damn Canadian All The Time :rotfl: and when people born abroad come go WI & want to embrace the culture they get called ''henglish'', 'yankee' & get told shut up 'Canadian' :rotfl:

Anyway Good Luck Hoyte make a good career for youself.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 10:57:44 AM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 10:48:56 AM »
well Good luck to Hoyte, he is a good player, at least he come out straight and say he's waiting for an England call-up, Zamora could at least have the balls to say the same ting

cosign :beermug:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 10:49:56 AM »

zamora and samuel said the same thing years ago now they back track
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 10:50:44 AM »
That's real pressure for the Angolan that can't play in the World Cup because he played for Portugal for a mere 17 mins against Mozambique. He must rue that decision.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 10:53:48 AM »
That's real pressure for the Angolan that can't play in the World Cup because he played for Portugal for a mere 17 mins against Mozambique. He must rue that decision.
Steups. I beginning to think that FIFA racist. 17mins? How comes they let Tim Cahill get away with it.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 10:54:29 AM »

WHEN WE BEAT HIS BEAUTIFUL ENGLAND IN THE WORLD CUP, AH WONDER WHAT HOYTE GO SAY, I THOUGHT DIS MAN WAS SHAKA COUSIN, WHAT KINDA SELL OUT TING IS DAT  >:(

I suppose the Ferdinand brothers and Jermaine DaFoe should go play for St. Lucia. You should try to look at it from both sides.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 10:54:53 AM »
my son not playing for canada breds, he go play for tt, i tellin u dat now

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 10:55:15 AM »

zamora and samuel said the same thing years ago now they back track

I agree wait and see when England take a pass on he, then he will try and get with the warriors...too bad so sad    good luck to he but we want warriors!!!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 10:55:29 AM »

I suppose the Ferdinand brothers and Jermaine DaFoe should go play for St. Lucia. You should try to look at it from both sides.
And  Defoe could of Played for Dominica

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2006, 10:56:19 AM »

Its like you gonna disown him if he dont :rotfl:

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 11:09:20 AM »
GO FIGURE THIS OUT  AH white English born man could realize his dream and come play for TNT yet   black english born of TNT heritage want to realize thier dream of playing for motherc**try"!!!!

Chaulkdust tell meh   where we go wrong?

Triniinfinite ah argree with yuh : dem could all haul............

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 11:11:31 AM »
Let us hope this story ends here.  Remember that this is what Zamora and the others said at that age as well.

And then when it became clear that they were NOT going to get any England call-up they all of a sudden rushing Trini.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 11:14:04 AM »

Yes dat is if he  play soccer  and cannot make the canadian team .

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 11:14:18 AM »
Good for Hoyte.....blessings...... and ah hope we NEVER ask him again,even if he does ah Zamora on we.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2006, 11:17:07 AM »
I aint know bout alyuh eh breds.... But 3 of my sons was born in de U.S.A and one was born in Kenya and dey are all  Trini .. De roots are Trini .. I aint go disown my kids if dey Choose to represent one of de countries dey are qualified to represent , (Kenya,Ireland,England, TNT & Jamaica (not quite sure about JA since I do not carry A JA passport My mother does )   TNT will have to be de first choice,  simply because I was born there and represents de red black and white to de fullest....  Trus mi,   war mek dem , dem neva fall from de sky.. A mi mek dem... .. Hoyte f**kin roots aint dey in England ..him roots dey a Africa so lego dat bullsh&t talk..de man jes was neva taught by his parents dat he is a f**kin TRINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! f**k wey wid all dem fareign born who diss TNT we didnt need yu ass to qualify and we surely do not need yu now!!!!!!!!!
Big up man like BIRCHALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TI talk yu talk!!!!!!!!!
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 11:21:52 AM »
GO FIGURE THIS OUT  AH white English born man could realize his dream and come play for TNT yet   black english born of TNT heritage want to realize thier dream of playing for motherc**try"!!!!

alberta trini birchall  neva played for the england at anyage level . why hoyte was good enough to make the under 17 18 19 & 21. It is obvious he will push for the english senior team. He learn to play football in trinidad we asking him he said since a little  boy growing hsi dream was  to play for england. The same thing any young footballer who grow up in trinidad with grenadian/bajan or vincy  parents that  would say  he wants to play for trinidad and tobago.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2006, 11:24:35 AM »

heritage doh matter yuh know, when a man born he can't help where his heritage from. If he identify himself as more English than Trini then that is fine, it doh matter where his parents from, he is ah big man and will mek his own decisions, I respect his decision I doh really see the big deal men making.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2006, 11:33:59 AM »
Steups. I beginning to think that FIFA racist. 17mins? How comes they let Tim Cahill get away with it.

Well Tim Cahill was a bit different. He played for Samoa at U-20 level when he was 14 years old and he was born in Australia. Thing is, when FIFA changed the laws in 2004 he took advantage of it within the year long window along with men like Kanoute. He had a desire to represent Australia and was lobbying FIFA for close to 10 years.

fabio

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2006, 11:35:51 AM »

yea boy, me aint blame d man. we woulda love to have him but i woulda love to play for a better country too. at least he come out front and tell we d seen

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2006, 11:37:19 AM »

alberta trini birchall  neva played for the england at anyage level . why hoyte was good enough to make the under 17 18 19 & 21. It is obvious he will push for the english senior team. He learn to play football in trinidad we asking him he said since a little  boy growing hsi dream was  to play for england. The same thing any young footballer who grow up in trinidad with grenadian/bajan or vincy  parents that  would say  he wants to play for trinidad and tobago.

So true, my parents and even my older sister are Vincy and my grand father is English born. I only identify myself as Trini.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2006, 11:39:18 AM »

Well Tim Cahill was a bit different. He played for Samoa at U-20 level when he was 14 years old and he was born in Australia. Thing is, when FIFA changed the laws in 2004 he took advantage of it within the year long window along with men like Kanoute. He had a desire to represent Australia and was lobbying FIFA for close to 10 years.
But 17mins geesh? Its not like he asking to go back to portugal afterwards

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2006, 11:53:51 AM »
As i've always said Football is big business,everybody involved looking out for themselves and what's best for them,loyalty not getting in the way of that,is only when something directly affects you,you will understand why these guys think and make the decisions they make,these decisions affect peoples lives so it's not that easy to make,it's careers and future you are dealing with.I think when these guys making these decisions they really think long and hard about it,what they are willing to give up etc to achieve their goals,in life things don't always go the way you want it is chances we take and hopes it works out.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2006, 12:00:26 PM »
Well I knew the day was coming when people on this site particularly caribbean would question overseas players patriotism whether they were born in a foreign country or migrated as a child through there parents who happen to be born trinis,bajans,jamaicans,grenadians,st.lucians etc.

I speak as a person who migrated to the united states and has a son who was born in florida and happens to love soccer.He did tell me however that if anyone is at fault here is the parents,so I asked him why you say that son,his reply was dad america,england and even canada are strong economically and they believe in there country,no one questions there patriotism or love of country.

The first sign of hardship and tough times,we flee to another country,and now look at us fighting to get players who are showing us there version of loyalty,It's sad to think that a 12 year old could see our short sighted goals.

So at the end of the day don't get upset with zamora,hoyte or jlloyed, because it's a much bigger picture that involves so many different variables.             
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 12:33:01 PM by saga pinto »

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2006, 12:02:20 PM »

Its like you gonna disown him if he dont :rotfl:

that is what I feel he go do oui  :rotfl:

1]; } ?>