July 26, 2024, 08:11:17 PM

Author Topic: Gally on 95.5fm I-sports this Saturday @ 6pm TT time  (Read 4975 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Gally on 95.5fm I-sports this Saturday @ 6pm TT time
« on: March 15, 2006, 10:27:07 AM »
Andre Baptiste interviewing.

Send emails to isports@andrebaptiste.com
Please send the man some questions...yuh know he need help...post them here too if yuh want.

Listen @
www.i955fm.com   Saturday 6-8pm  TT time

The promo was dissing some people who have "failed" in the past.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 05:01:01 PM by dcs »

TrinInfinite

Re: Gally on I-sports this Saturday
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 10:31:14 AM »
What are his thoughts on the fact that only 4 locals have been on the senior team? being the man who was heavily involved in local football and pormoted local talent first, what are his thoughts and opinions about Corneal's and Beenhakker's selection process?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 10:32:37 AM »
Make sure and send it and not just post it here. 
good question :thumbsup:

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 05:16:24 PM »
Some have failed and never will be forgiven

Dat is some harsh words they using in that promo after calling names.    :o

I submit these.  And I signing it socawarriors.net  forumite
  • Will you be working with or participating in Technical Director Lincoln Phillips' coaching certification programs or youth development programs?
  • Is there anything more that could be put in place by the TD to develop our young local coaches?
  • Why is Andre Baptiste trying to cause further division between our local coaches by calling some of them failures!?  (That one is for you Andre)

dcs
SocaWarriors.net  forumite

We will be listening to see if you ask/answer our questions!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 05:26:29 PM by dcs »

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Everald "Gally" Cummings interview on I-95.5fm on Saturday
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 07:26:20 AM »
Peeps, Gally will be a guest on Andre baptiste's I-95.5fm I-Sports saturdays, this coming saturday at 6:20pm... Besides the obvious discussion on T&T's world Cup chances, team selection,preparation, performance to date etc. I understand Gally will be giving a "Behind the scenes" expose on "The road to Italy", something he has previously refrained from doing. Sounds interesting. As usual foreign-based can listen in at www.i955fm.com If you plan on calling in it's 1-868-622-3937 remember the internet feed is a few mins behind the live, local broadcast.

Hopefully THIS post will NOT lead to as much bachaanal as the last one i originated concerning the Jack Warner interview  :rotfl:

Speaking of which, anyone in T&T who missed it, the JW interview will be replayed tonight at 8:00pm on SynergyTV channel 28.

I will TRY and catch the Under-21 game this evening against joe public...depends on my work schedule and the traffic sitch. Once i do, I'll fill you in on what i see. For O'Connor, my digi-camera didn't survive carnival >:( so no possibility of pic's, sorry.

For Sam, hold it down bro, a lot of these guys are NEW and don't know about what a lot of the original posters have done/given/contributed BEFORE their time. For the newer fellas, i may NOT always agree with HOW Sam brings accross his points, but trust me, the man's heart is in the right place where T&T football is concerned!!! Warrior Nation/SocaWarriors.net, we all ALL here because we love T&T and support the team, let's not lose sight that!!!

PATRIOT out!

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Everald "Gally" Cummings interview on I-95.5fm on Saturday
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 08:02:33 AM »
http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=12537.0

Thanks R45! I didn't see that post yesterday...but I'm sure Tallman/Flex will merge the two later.

PATRIOT

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 12:47:30 PM »
Peeps, Gally will be a guest on Andre baptiste's I-95.5fm I-Sports saturdays, this coming saturday at 6:20pm... Besides the obvious discussion on T&T's world Cup chances, team selection,preparation, performance to date etc. I understand Gally will be giving a "Behind the scenes" expose on "The road to Italy", something he has previously refrained from doing. Sounds interesting. As usual foreign-based can listen in at www.i955fm.com If you plan on calling in it's 1-868-622-3937 remember the internet feed is a few mins behind the live, local broadcast.

Hopefully THIS post will NOT lead to as much bachaanal as the last one i originated concerning the Jack Warner interview  :rotfl:

Speaking of which, anyone in T&T who missed it, the JW interview will be replayed tonight at 8:00pm on SynergyTV channel 28.

I will TRY and catch the Under-21 game this evening against joe public...depends on my work schedule and the traffic sitch. Once i do, I'll fill you in on what i see. For O'Connor, my digi-camera didn't survive carnival >:( so no possibility of pic's, sorry.

For Sam, hold it down bro, a lot of these guys are NEW and don't know about what a lot of the original posters have done/given/contributed BEFORE their time. For the newer fellas, i may NOT always agree with HOW Sam brings accross his points, but trust me, the man's heart is in the right place where T&T football is concerned!!! Warrior Nation/SocaWarriors.net, we all ALL here because we love T&T and support the team, let's not lose sight that!!!

PATRIOT out!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Gally on 95.5fm I-sports this Saturday @ 6pm TT time
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 12:49:22 PM »

Someone record this nah.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Everald "Gally" Cummings interview on I-95.5fm on Saturday
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 02:19:40 PM »
OK DONT FORGET PEOPLE
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006, 04:23:07 PM »

AB was going over some cricket.

He talking to peter samuel in Australia now (common wealth games).

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 04:34:25 PM »

Arite he ask why he not involved with Lincoln program.

Finger pointed @ JW

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2006, 04:36:32 PM »

Arite he ask why he not involved with Lincoln program.

Finger pointed @ JW
boy gally just say if jack eh want you everybody back off !

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 05:14:11 PM »
what going on now my connection  only cutting off
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 05:18:39 PM »
what going on now my connection  only cutting off

same ting here.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 05:50:42 PM »

raaa raaa    ;D

who dat!!!   PATRIOT???

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 05:57:16 PM »
GALLY TALKIN SHIT!

He tryin to sound like if the reason we lorse in 1989 is the supporters in de stadium because he say they wasn't de regular supporters.

BULLSHIT!

Me and meh breddrins was dey and we did go ALL de home games before.  It had nuff people in de stadium who we recognise was dey from beofre.  Yes...it had people who get leff out but HE LIE! De Crowd make real noise.  Trini's not like English supporters whey yuh singin whole game.  When game start if it have a good play de crowd go get on...but fuh de most part....people does TAKE EEN de football. Gally say in de other games it had people who used to shout..."Come on Latas...Come on Yorke" but he eh heard dat on dat day.  Well he mus be did need to clean de wax out he ears!

If it wasn't de same crowd in de stadium...it certainly wasn't de same flikkin Strike Squad dat was out on de field dat day.

Gally...HULL YUH ASS!!!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 06:00:21 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2006, 06:07:50 PM »
GALLY TALKIN SHIT!

He tryin to sound like if the reason we lorse in 1989 is the supporters in de stadium because he say they wasn't de reular supporters.

BULLSHIT!

Me and meh breddrins was dey and we did go ALL de home games before.  De Crowd make real noise.  Trini's not like English supporters when yuh singin whole game.  When game start if it have a good play de crowd go get on...but fuh de most part....people does TAKE EEN de football.

If it wasn't de same crowd in de stadium...it certainly wasn't de same flikkin Strike Squad dat was out on de field dat day.

Gally...HULL YUH ASS!!!

AGREED Palos!! The program ended up coming across as an advertisment for gally to get a job...although I think he would do a better job with the current Under 21 team than Ron La from a purely COACHING perspective, Gally's comments tonight show me why he's being sidelined...his attitude has changed very little since 1989...he's like Bertille, a dinosoar where the modern game is concerned!!!Pity, if he was a different person, T&T football could benefit from his involvement. Then people calling in to say T&T "doh need a foreign coach!" STEUPS!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 06:17:42 PM »
He has a job he coached Carapichaima Snr Comp in the SSFL last year. It was pro bono but a job. On a serious note I sorry he talk so much crap I like the man especially since we share the same BDay
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 07:06:25 PM »

I hadda disagree a little bit.

When he was talking about the "spectators" his point was that the die hards should be taken care of....the outcome had nothing to do with it.

I do agree he was advertizing himself for a job but nothing is wrong with that if he facing obstacles and people in the country keep asking him why he not involved.

I can't comment on if his methods/tactics are outdated but I almost sure it have very few people at home with better credentials(paper and experience) than him (including the arm chair coaches   :devil:).

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2006, 07:32:17 PM »

I hadda disagree a little bit.

When he was talking about the "spectators" his point was that the die hards should be taken care of....the outcome had nothing to do with it.

De topic did start off with die hards should be taken care of...and den he make he reference about de supporters who was in de stadium wasn't encouragin de team and it had a effect.  TOTAL TATA!!!

Maybe dem supporters couldn't recognise if indeed it really was de Strike Squad dat was playin out dey because dey sure as hell eh look like de same team dat did play all de games before.

I respeck Gally fuh all he do as a player and coach.  He do more dan most but he does talk some rank TATA at times.  He say it imperative fuh a coach to be a player at de highest level because only dem go know what it like.  Ah wonder how much highest level Beenhakker play at?  He was diggin at Beenie whole interview....whey yuh tink all dem calls bout we eh need no foreign coach to go world cup calls come from?

Dem fellas only in fuh deyself and de amount of RESENTMENT from footballers in de local football fraternity towards Beenie and staff is astounding.  Men like Gally, Corneal etc.

But it understandable because he show ALL a dem up.  He come jes so and BAM...success...and dat is wha eatin in all a dem craw.  And is so dey ackin like crab takin a setta cheap shot in de media like if dem know everyting.

Instad of LEARNIN from what de man have to offer....(de man even offer coaches to come and see wha goin on close up....dey even invite PFL players to train and dey coaches blank dem) dem carryin on like dem coach at de highest levels, know more dan anybody, and in de process..makin compound asses a deyself.  Is dem self (Not Gally in dis instance) dat did RUN SIMOES OUTTA TOWN.  Is dah faction did complain to Government bout how it was too much money all kinda ting.  Jack have plenty faults and he was de one did want to hire Atkinson, but THANK GOD he wasn't pig headed enought to go through wit dat and rather lissen to de players and hire Beenie. 

Den dey want to come and talk on radio dat T&T football in a mess.  Well it in a mess in great part due to their petty power struggles and egomaniac behaviour.

A POX on all a dem!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 07:46:03 PM by palos »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2006, 07:50:06 PM »

Beenie is almost untouchable now....they cah really say anything against him that people will take on so I eh studyin dat.

On the point of needing playing experience.....well dat is his opinion.  Leo from Holland...whole different experience football wise.
I doh know if I agree with him and i cudn't think of who he was talking about (well maybe one).

He wasn't gunning for senior team coach anyway and he was pointing out the things Leo did that worked well.

Yea they have grouses but yuh really blame them?
In any case it still have plenty room for him to do good work and I don't see any perceived resentment stopping him from getting a job done.
Put him in charge of an U-23 team and you will probably get good results.....of course he doing things HIS way but is the same for all coaches including Leo.  Even if he not working with a national team it have no reason not to make use of his talent.....attitude or not.

Like that '89 talk touch a nerve dey

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2006, 07:57:39 PM »
alot of emphasis is placed on beenie but anybody have any info on WIMM roughingsburger or whatever he name is because at the practice session it was wim or win (whatever he name is ) who was doin all the drills and yelling to the top ah he lungs telling men what to do and all that so i'm guessing that players must respect that feller too
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2006, 08:04:28 PM »

Beenie is almost untouchable now....they cah really say anything against him that people will take on so I eh studyin dat.

On the point of needing playing experience.....well dat is his opinion.  Leo from Holland...whole different experience football wise.
I doh know if I agree with him and i cudn't think of who he was talking about (well maybe one).

He wasn't gunning for senior team coach anyway and he was pointing out the things Leo did that worked well.

Yea they have grouses but yuh really blame them?
In any case it still have plenty room for him to do good work and I don't see any perceived resentment stopping him from getting a job done.
Put him in charge of an U-23 team and you will probably get good results.....of course he doing things HIS way but is the same for all coaches including Leo.  Even if he not working with a national team it have no reason not to make use of his talent.....attitude or not.

Like that '89 talk touch a nerve dey

Gally definitely have a role and contribution to make with T&T football.  I never disputed that.  My main bone of contention is a group of ex footballers/coaches who REFUSE to learn from foreigners, who undermine their efforts when they are appointed, yet have done NOTHING in terms of results when they themselves have been given the opportunity to coach the National team.

It is a myopic, insular, and downright stupid mindset that does nothing but retard the progress of the game in T&T.  We done small but instead of pulling together to maximise the scarce resources we already have, dem fellas only interested in feeding their narrow self interests.

And yes....Gally did touch a nerve with that 89 thing.  How DARE he suggest that the crowd had a negative effect on the players and that there was no encouragement when the exact opposite was the truth?   The ENTIRE COUNTRY was behind the Strike Squad regardless of creed, race, background, or class, something that the SOCA WARRORS hadn't and haven't even come close to enjoying and he talkin bout no encouragement?  
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 08:06:05 PM by palos »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2006, 09:40:33 PM »

What is the real deal with our local coches and their relationship to Beenie?
I talking bout the younger ones who NOT on the radio.
The Brian Williams, Clayton Morris etc.

In the earlies we was talking about these coaches should be going to the training sessions to see what going on and maybe talk to the man.  Would Leo really encourage something like that and what can they gain from looking on at training sessions (whenever last we actually had one in T&T).  Lincoln was even talking about working with him but......

I not too sure the younger coaches have a bad attitude because I have never heard them say anything to that effect...is mostly the older heads.  Look Nahkid self was breaking he back to get dat Assistant Coach position.I find it hard to believe they would not turn up to a seminar or turn down an invitation to a training session. 

$800,000 a month for what?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »

For those who didn't hear it I will try and summarize.
Anybody else who was listening cud add.

Gally trying to get back into the national coaching setup for the longest while and not getting anywhere.
Waiting waiting waiting on SCOTT, TTFF, ministry...no responses.

His surgery went fine....he fit and has been ready to start back coching.  Still around 75% full movement.

The reason he not back in the local setup and not working with lincoln in his mind is cuz he doh get along with JW who calling all the shots and making all the appointments.  Working with youths in Chaguanas now.

Talk the usual stuff about '89.

Talking about the current team he believes Latas is a huge asset and one of the main reasons why we qualified.  Fans should stop the nonsense talking about beating England by 4, 5 goals....we hadda play Sweden first who England hasn't beaten in 30+ years....thinks the first game will be the most important for us.

Patriot call and make AB answer the SW.net questions   :thumbsup:
Den correct him that Roy Carrol is the regular keeper at West Ham and not Taylor    :rotfl:

They talked about the Soca Warrior Nation and they both agreed that we should get first shot at the tickets.
I hear some madness bout TSTT handling the tickets for the Peru game and hire some company to manage the sales.
Yuh hadda send in TEXT messages and then they going and choose from that who getting tickets (dat is what AB say).

Both seem to agree Beenie could be home doing more work with the local coaches passing on his knowledge and helping Lincoln.

Also said there was a lack of continuty for players in the local setup.  Mentioned that if players are used to playing with each other before they leave for Pro contracts it would be easier to deal with the current set up where there is less time to prepare and play with each other. (anybody who cud expand on that please do)

AB forced him to answer some selection questions with choosing 3 out of the 4 goalkeepers.
He said:
Big thing for a keeper is to have very good familiarity and communication with defenders. (doesn't sound like A. Warner)
Believes experience would be the deciding factor if he had to choose a starting keeper today. (Shaka)

Sorry if this sounding lil break up.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2006, 10:33:21 PM »
My main bone of contention is a group of ex footballers/coaches who REFUSE to learn from foreigners, who undermine their efforts when they are appointed, yet have done NOTHING in terms of results when they themselves have been given the opportunity to coach the National team.

It is a myopic, insular, and downright stupid mindset that does nothing but retard the progress of the game in T&T.  

Can anyone say alvin corneal and sedley joseph?? :-X :-X :-X

Well said palos, my sentiments exactly!! remind me to buy u a beer when we meet up in germany!!

ah love it palos!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2006, 02:19:07 AM »
Good tuh hear Gally gettin back into shape and dat everything went well wit he surgery..fuh all ah allyuh doubterz..de man is still ah good coach and he could serve de country well at any national level...me eh tryin tuh class him wit Leo or tryin tuh take nuttin from Leo..it clear tuh see dat Leo is ah far more experienced coach dan Gally buh if given de same respect dat Leo ha rite now..I believe he could be successful..Cuz check dis..Simoes and Leo ha all de say in selecting whatever or whoever dey want (staff members an players etc)..no local coach had dem priviledges. Jack always want tuh impose heself an disrupt everything..and ah respect Gally cuz he oppose dat as ah coach an Jack eh like dat.Buh anyhow..locally when talkin bout coaches Gally is de BOSS, dem other men is Mickey Mouse Coach..an me eh talkin as no supporter..I talkin as ah player. Easy!!!!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2006, 11:18:31 AM »
Good tuh hear Gally gettin back into shape and dat everything went well wit he surgery..fuh all ah allyuh doubterz..de man is still ah good coach and he could serve de country well at any national level...me eh tryin tuh class him wit Leo or tryin tuh take nuttin from Leo..it clear tuh see dat Leo is ah far more experienced coach dan Gally buh if given de same respect dat Leo ha rite now..I believe he could be successful..Cuz check dis..Simoes and Leo ha all de say in selecting whatever or whoever dey want (staff members an players etc)..no local coach had dem priviledges. Jack always want tuh impose heself an disrupt everything..and ah respect Gally cuz he oppose dat as ah coach an Jack eh like dat.Buh anyhow..locally when talkin bout coaches Gally is de BOSS, dem other men is Mickey Mouse Coach..an me eh talkin as no supporter..I talkin as ah player. Easy!!!!!
well sai meh breadren....i endorse that statement....nuff respect to my coach gally cummings....breezers good points .....bless

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2006, 11:55:58 AM »
Gally like all the other coaches need to find a professional team to coach and not sit back coaching little boys and say they want ah chance. PLEASE

That is backward thinking. No other country will have ah bunch ah so called coaches that just sit around waiting for work. They need to be at least coaching ah PFL team so we could properly analyze they coaching capabilities. Football is professional and we cant be putting coaches who not working in that environment or who haven't done so at the highest level.

That crap about Jack is the reason he not in the set up is just that crap

Jack say he ent want Yorke on the team ever again....Yorke back.
Jack say Nakhid is ah trouble maker and he ent want him......Jack bail out Nakhid from Jail in the middle east then give him ah wok.
Jack say BSC is not a good coach and to whom much is given....much is expected. BSC was fired.....Then BSC hired again.
Jack say he doh want Latas on the team....then he beggin Latas to come back as ah coach
Jack say he ent want no gov't money....next day he want it
Jack say he ent want nothing to do with the PFL. He pull out Joe Public......now Joe Public Back.

Jack famous fuh talkin s**t but if Gally get off he a** and find ah real job in ah professional environment where his capabilities could be evaluated over a period of time and he proves to be successful. He WILL get ah chance.

The problem with ah lot ah Trinis ...........they don't know how to work with people they don't like.

The US have ah lot ah enemies that they working with. Venezuela hate the Bush admin but they still sending oil to the US. Bush hate Ven Pres but he ent say doh import they oil. US badtalking China and saying about human rights but they working with China and Chine working with the US.

We need to learn to work together regardless instead ah wasting time talking about who evil and who bad mind and all that nonsense.

Go coach ah real team Gally. Yuh go get the fans support if yuh is ah success ;)

1]; } ?>