April 26, 2024, 05:10:55 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 899359 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #660 on: July 08, 2008, 07:28:45 AM »
righty-o no more ac trying to pilfer ade

and helb talks seem to have gone cold, stupid english press and their extrapolation of small talk

Talks one real cold in truth, between Hleb and Fabregas.

Hleb hits out at Wenger and Fábregas'My view of how I should be playing didn't coincide with the manager's'Paolo Bandini and agencies
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday July 8, 2008
Article history

Hleb accused Fábregas of being 'selfish' in front of goal.

Alexander Hleb has stepped up his efforts to engineer a move away from Arsenal, criticising both manager Arsène Wenger and team-mate Cesc Fábregas before confirming that he hopes to play at Barcelona next season.

"My view of how I should be playing didn't coincide with the manager's," said Hleb, before revealing that he first asked Wenger for permission to leave last summer. "I think he was quite upset about it. But ask him. It may turn out he's happy to see me go."

Hleb was originally linked with a move to Internazionale after allegedly meeting the club's officials before Arsenal's Champions League win over Milan at the San Siro. Milan were then reported to have expressed an interest in the player, but Hleb today insisted his heart is set on a move to the Camp Nou.

"I don't know where I'll be next season but I'd prefer Barcelona," he said. "It is being negotiated and, hopefully, will be decided soon."

Although he has become one of the club's most important players over the past two years, Hleb has continued to frustrate many Arsenal fans with his apparent reluctance to shoot. His suggestion, therefore, that Fábregas is "selfish" in front of goal will be met with a degree of amusement within the club.

"When we get scoring opportunities, Fábregas is much more selfish than me," he said. "Given a chance to shoot, he always goes for it - unlike me," the midfielder told The Sun.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 08, 2008, 07:31:39 AM »
righty-o no more ac trying to pilfer ade

and helb talks seem to have gone cold, stupid english press and their extrapolation of small talk

Talks one real cold in truth, between Hleb and Fabregas.

Hleb hits out at Wenger and Fábregas'My view of how I should be playing didn't coincide with the manager's'Paolo Bandini and agencies
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday July 8, 2008
Article history

Hleb accused Fábregas of being 'selfish' in front of goal.

Alexander Hleb has stepped up his efforts to engineer a move away from Arsenal, criticising both manager Arsène Wenger and team-mate Cesc Fábregas before confirming that he hopes to play at Barcelona next season.

"My view of how I should be playing didn't coincide with the manager's," said Hleb, before revealing that he first asked Wenger for permission to leave last summer. "I think he was quite upset about it. But ask him. It may turn out he's happy to see me go."

Hleb was originally linked with a move to Internazionale after allegedly meeting the club's officials before Arsenal's Champions League win over Milan at the San Siro. Milan were then reported to have expressed an interest in the player, but Hleb today insisted his heart is set on a move to the Camp Nou.

"I don't know where I'll be next season but I'd prefer Barcelona," he said. "It is being negotiated and, hopefully, will be decided soon."

Although he has become one of the club's most important players over the past two years, Hleb has continued to frustrate many Arsenal fans with his apparent reluctance to shoot. His suggestion, therefore, that Fábregas is "selfish" in front of goal will be met with a degree of amusement within the club.

"When we get scoring opportunities, Fábregas is much more selfish than me," he said. "Given a chance to shoot, he always goes for it - unlike me," the midfielder told The Sun.

lol.. the press is something else yes..

the headline say he hit out at fabregas for being selfish and when you read the line, its actually a compliment he paying the man.

nothing in this article at all..

is really de off season yes.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 08, 2008, 07:50:17 AM »
who the hell cares

is Arsenal

they eh winning nothing anyway

Més que un club.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 09, 2008, 01:02:11 PM »
who the hell cares

is Arsenal

they eh winning nothing anyway

right i hope manu can win games with out CR for the first two months of the season

plus i feel alex kick him in he ankle to get surgery to keep real off him

anyway
looks like talks for ade to ac have opened up, here we go round the arsne bush

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 11, 2008, 07:18:19 AM »
Arsenal sign Nasri (finally).

I hope for Arsenals sake that he doesn't do well, because if he does he'll be doing what all great Gooner players have done over the years...issue a 'come and get me' plea to every big club going...

:rotfl:

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 11, 2008, 08:31:59 AM »

right i hope manu can win games with out CR for the first two months of the season

anyway

not a ManU fan by any stretch of the imagination.

But I know they could wipe the floor with Arsenal, with or without CR7.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 08:49:45 AM by Disgruntled_Trini »

Més que un club.

giggsy11

« Reply #666 on: July 11, 2008, 12:15:10 PM »

anyway

FA Cup this past season. A Nani, a Scot and a scouser!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 11, 2008, 06:47:35 PM »

anyway

and then what happened the game after that giggsy?? portsmouth??? you seem to have selective memory, and don't gimmie that alex rested played toots, cus he brought on rooney and CR
anywho i think it was an arsenal reserveist and retieree side down there in portsmouth, kanu, campbell, lauren and diarra hmmmm

oh yeah and didnt they go on to win the fa cup?? two africans, a french man and a suspect fasi, go figure

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 23, 2008, 10:02:43 PM »
cyar let chelsea have all the fresh fun

so ade still undecided?

toure got malaria?

and no defensive or midfeild bodies in?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #669 on: July 23, 2008, 11:27:37 PM »

giggsy11

« Reply #670 on: July 24, 2008, 04:40:41 PM »

anyway

and then what happened the game after that giggsy?? portsmouth??? you seem to have selective memory, and don't gimmie that alex rested played toots, cus he brought on rooney and CR
anywho i think it was an arsenal reserveist and retieree side down there in portsmouth, kanu, campbell, lauren and diarra hmmmm

oh yeah and didnt they go on to win the fa cup?? two africans, a french man and a suspect fasi, go figure

Gunner, the fact is United buss yuh beloved Arsenal's arse without most of the first team players whereas your team played about 9-10 first teamers. Rooney started and CR did not even sweat.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 25, 2008, 11:10:03 AM »

anyway

Gunner, the fact is United buss yuh beloved Arsenal's arse without most of the first team players whereas your team played about 9-10 first teamers. Rooney started and CR did not even sweat.

yeah thanks fuh avoiding my point about portsmouth beating you guys, don't look back in anger gigsy, we played shit i wil admit that, a few guys were coming off injuries and furguson recently admitted in the press that
1) arsenal should not be overlooked for what they achieved last season because 2 had they been void of inuries and break foot it would have been even tighter for manu n chelsea due to arsenal drawing games they shoulda won man u chelsea woulda been no where near arsenal

anyways enjoy yuh retirement year

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 25, 2008, 11:17:25 AM »
BBC news

Arsenal will train Indian boys 
By Zubair Ahmed
BBC News, Mumbai 

British clubs are eager to exploit the Indian market
One of England's leading football clubs, Arsenal, says it will train 16 of India's talented school boys at its training facilities in London.

The boys, aged between 10 and 15, were selected after a two-week coaching programme held recently in Calcutta by Arsenal staff.

The boys are flying out to begin their training at the club's stadium, The Emirates, from next month.

Leading European football clubs are increasingly targeting India.

Clubs like Arsenal - which is tied up with an Indian sponsor - see a huge market potential there.

Most of the boys going to Arsenal cannot afford to buy their own kit.

Their heroes are not Indian cricketers, such as Saurav Ganguly and Sachin Tendulkar, but Arsenal stars like Cesc Fabregas and Emmanuel Adebayor.

Selected from across the country, the boys will be put through a development programme, called "The Arsenal Way".

Arsenal manager Arsne Wegner has a reputation for finding foreign talent

The club's Indian partners, Tata Tea, owners of Tetley Tea, say the objective is to give the children access to world-class training facilities.

Arsenal say it is an opportunity to propagate the game in India.

But in this cricket-crazy country, football has long been neglected.

Even though some Calcutta-based clubs have a tradition and history to match old clubs from around the world, footballers here are never accorded the status cricketers enjoy.

The national football team's poor record does not help the matter.

But things are changing. Young boys and girls wearing replica shirts of European clubs are becoming more of a common sight.

When the German league side, Bayern Munich, played in Calcutta recently, more than 100,000 people turned up to watch them.

English clubs such as Manchester United and Chelsea realise that India's billion-plus population and growing economy could provide a huge TV audience.

However India's national coach, Englishman Bob Houghton, has often said that European clubs are more interested in promoting their commercial interests than helping the game in India.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7526018.stm

giggsy11

« Reply #673 on: July 25, 2008, 07:42:11 PM »

anyway

yeah thanks fuh avoiding my point about portsmouth beating you guys, don't look back in anger gigsy, we played shit i wil admit that, a few guys were coming off injuries and furguson recently admitted in the press that
1) arsenal should not be overlooked for what they achieved last season because 2 had they been void of inuries and break foot it would have been even tighter for manu n chelsea due to arsenal drawing games they shoulda won man u chelsea woulda been no where near arsenal

[/quote

Blah, blah, blah! Shouda, couda, wah, wah, wah! All  yuh trophy less since 2005, even dat was lucky since United wipe dey arse wit all yuh and all yuh was FORTUNATE to cling on to get tuh penalties because United trow wey all over the place and Scholes miss not tuh mention Ruud! But guess wat all yuh is a bunch ah nearly men just like Chelski! The only ting retired is Arsene9's door tuh keep players from leaving! Another trophyless season on the way for all yuh!

[
/quote]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 12:32:19 PM by giggsy11 »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 01, 2008, 06:35:16 PM »

anyway

[/quote

Blah, blah, blah! Shouda, couda, wah, wah, wah! All  yuh trophy less since 2005, even dat was lucky since United wipe dey arse wit all yuh and all yuh was FORTUNATE to cling on to get tuh penalties because United trow wey all over the place and Scholes miss not tuh mention Ruud! But guess wat all yuh is a bunch ah nearly men just like Chelski! The only ting retired is Arsene9's door tuh keep players from leaving! Another trophyless season on the way for all yuh!

[
/quote]

your manager know just how unlucky we were not to have taken the league earlier

but dats ok
cyar wait fuh d season to start back

fyi emirates cup showing in bat n ball sat n sun from 9am and 11am

giggsy11

« Reply #675 on: August 01, 2008, 07:26:54 PM »

anyway

[/quote

[
/quote]

your manager know just how unlucky we were not to have taken the league earlier

but dats ok
cyar wait fuh d season to start back

fyi emirates cup showing in bat n ball sat n sun from 9am and 11am

Maybe I will check it out.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #676 on: August 02, 2008, 10:44:47 AM »
Ah takin in d game against my Juve right now...not exciting football but ah go take it for d pre-season.
First ting first I am Man Utd all the way, and Arsenal not winning anything more than Carling Cup with this youth philosiphy side.
I must say I prefer trophies over any other type of acclaim...but I am jealous a bit of all the young players Arsenal have coming through. Wouldn't mind if Utd had 1 or 2 of those. A few of these guys impress me such as Vela and Bendtner, but none more than Denilson...that fella look like trubble in a 2 years. These guys will provide good bench support for Arsenal...wonderful individual players who would fit in a smaller team well....imagine a youth like Denilson startin every week for a Bolton or somebody...as a team though...yuh eh winnin no league with tha intercol side. Look how Anderson look so compose as he was with all d experience men at Utd, but Wenger wouldnt self buy a lil 2-3 experience men cuz he fraid of d high transfer fees.
So I look forward to the Arsenal fans cry yet again 'we playin d best ball in europe' to which we reply 'what do u have to show for it'. bless
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 02, 2008, 11:04:53 AM »
84' mins gone in Arsenal vs Juve... Juve leading 1-0 through a offside goal and Arsenal dominating the game with possesion and neat passing but typical le arse shithongs keep queuing up and when they get a scoring attempt..they collapse 

same old Arsenal..always queuing...

le arse shithongs

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 02, 2008, 11:15:46 AM »
84' mins gone in Arsenal vs Juve... Juve leading 1-0 through a offside goal and Arsenal dominating the game with possesion and neat passing but typical le arse shithongs keep queuing up and when they get a scoring attempt..they collapse 

same old Arsenal..always queuing...

le arse shithongs

hush
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

giggsy11

« Reply #679 on: August 02, 2008, 01:07:55 PM »
Ah takin in d game against my Juve right now...not exciting football but ah go take it for d pre-season.
First ting first I am Man Utd all the way, and Arsenal not winning anything more than Carling Cup with this youth philosiphy side.
I must say I prefer trophies over any other type of acclaim...but I am jealous a bit of all the young players Arsenal have coming through. Wouldn't mind if Utd had 1 or 2 of those. A few of these guys impress me such as Vela and Bendtner, but none more than Denilson...that fella look like trubble in a 2 years. These guys will provide good bench support for Arsenal...wonderful individual players who would fit in a smaller team well....imagine a youth like Denilson startin every week for a Bolton or somebody...as a team though...yuh eh winnin no league with tha intercol side. Look how Anderson look so compose as he was with all d experience men at Utd, but Wenger wouldnt self buy a lil 2-3 experience men cuz he fraid of d high transfer fees.
So I look forward to the Arsenal fans cry yet again 'we playin d best ball in europe' to which we reply 'what do u have to show for it'. bless

Dred, Bendtner is ah first grade shithound! United has young players, young players  who have actually won and done things unlike dem Arsenal yutes ; Rooney, Ronaldo, Anderson, Nani, Tevez to name a few, none of which are 25 yet. Johny Evans, the brazilian twins, and two or three other young players who they took on tour have looked great. When those arsenal young men and them get tired of loosing they will move on.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 02, 2008, 02:55:09 PM »

Dred, Bendtner is ah first grade shithound! United has young players, young players who have actually won and done things unlike dem Arsenal yutes ; Rooney, Ronaldo, Anderson, Nani, Tevez to name a few, none of which are 25 yet. Johny Evans, the brazilian twins, and two or three other young players who they took on tour have looked great. When those arsenal young men and them get tired of loosing they will move on.

I went to d game today and based on what I saw I will co-sign your Bendtner assessment. No talent whatsoever.

Kind of agree with your summary of arsenal youth as well. Loads of talent (every1 except Bendtner could play d one touch brand) but no end product. Theo Walcott epitomises this - amazing pace, does leave men for dead, but you never get the feeling anything will come of it. Kind of like Ronaldo when he first came to England. Only Adebayor looks like he has an eye for goal (to be fair tho, he really does look like a world-class striker to me now, has improved incredibly since I last saw him play and I cud see why every1 is after him). Noone else is willing to take a shot.

I think they will be even better than last season though, and might even finish second (ahead of Chelsea), if they can develop a killer instict. Maybe when Van Persie is fully fit and back in d side they will be able to score more freely.

Jack Wilshire looks like a big player tho...never saw him b4 2day. Any1 know anything about him?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 03:03:38 PM by Ryan »

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #681 on: August 02, 2008, 05:06:31 PM »
Jack Wilshire looks like a big player tho...never saw him b4 2day. Any1 know anything about him?

was impressed by him too. only 16 years old!

http://www.arsenal.com/player.asp?thisNav=first+team&plid=86459&clid=4421&cpid=703
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 07:54:44 AM by dwn »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 03, 2008, 11:36:51 AM »
I eh no coach but I don't understand how Bendtner is used. For me with Arsenal penetration wide, Bendtner should get himself in the box and look to use his heading ability. Everytime he coming deep & pulling wide to get balls, which = ineffective. Get in the box and make life hard for defenders, batter dem soften dem up.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 03, 2008, 11:58:18 AM »
I eh no coach but I don't understand how Bendtner is used. For me with Arsenal penetration wide, Bendtner should get himself in the box and look to use his heading ability. Everytime he coming deep & pulling wide to get balls, which = ineffective. Get in the box and make life hard for defenders, batter dem soften dem up.

The problem is he has no ability. He is not world class at all.

Didnt watch the game 2day, but if he was on the field at the same time as Adebayor, he was probably being used in a slightly wider second striker role....kinda like a winger but with no pace or useful touches. Van Persie is far better in that role.

And Bendtner is a skinny fella, he can only make life difficult for defenders if he finds himself in space inside d box...once someone is marking him he will be de one gettin rough up.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 12:01:29 PM by Ryan »

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 04, 2008, 02:56:54 PM »

Didnt watch the game 2day, but if he was on the field at the same time as Adebayor, he was probably being used in a slightly wider second striker role....kinda like a winger but with no pace or useful touches. Van Persie is far better in that role.

And Bendtner is a skinny fella, he can only make life difficult for defenders if he finds himself in space inside d box...once someone is marking him he will be de one gettin rough up.

Bendtner is 19, and has a better touch and more natural ability than Adebayor. I'm an Arsenal fan, but to be honest, Adebayor has the first touch of a rapist.
Plus he doesn't know the offside rule.

Jack Wilshere .. he is 16 and given Gilberto's number today .. first team squad.
He looked really really good in the reserves last season. I'd say better than Fabregas did when he started. Wilshere's been at Arsenal since he was 11 I think.

Vela and Nasri looking good in pre-season too .. not just the Emirates but their pre-season in Austria ... beat a side 10-2.

giggsy11

« Reply #685 on: August 04, 2008, 04:11:25 PM »

Bendtner is 19, and has a better touch and more natural ability than Adebayor. I'm an Arsenal fan, but to be honest, Adebayor has the first touch of a rapist.

Jack Wilshere .. he is 16 and given Gilberto's number today .. first team squad.
He looked really really good in the reserves last season. I'd say better than Fabregas did when he started. Wilshere's been at Arsenal since he was 11 I think.

Vela and Nasri looking good in pre-season too .. not just the Emirates but their pre-season in Austria ... beat a side 10-2.

Bendtner  turned 20 this past January, and I bet yuh that he will not be playing for Arsenal when he is 22-23. Right now Arsene9 trying tuh figure out how tuh pass him off on some poor unsuspecting club.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #686 on: August 04, 2008, 06:25:22 PM »

Bendtner  turned 20 this past January, and I bet yuh that he will not be playing for Arsenal when he is 22-23. Right now Arsene9 trying tuh figure out how tuh pass him off on some poor unsuspecting club.

I disagree with MarylandTrini on that one. Adebayor seems like a much more talented player than Bendter.

Giggsy11, I feel thats the case with Senderos and Hoyte. But them men eh want to leave cause they know after Arsenal is a side like West Brom they ending up on.

giggsy11

« Reply #687 on: August 04, 2008, 06:49:39 PM »

I disagree with MarylandTrini on that one. Adebayor seems like a much more talented player than Bendter.

Giggsy11, I feel thats the case with Senderos and Hoyte. But them men eh want to leave cause they know after Arsenal is a side like West Brom they ending up on.

Supposedly Newcastle interested in gettin Senderos, shite Arsene9 should personally drive him to Tyneside and pull off before they change their mind.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 04, 2008, 07:02:59 PM »
Jack Wilshere is good...really impressed me...  maybe a bit too good for a 3rd place team

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #689 on: August 05, 2008, 06:33:43 AM »
Supposedly Newcastle interested in gettin Senderos, shite Arsene9 should personally drive him to Tyneside and pull off before they change their mind.

Read an article that said Newcastle offered 4mil pounds and Arsenal wanted 6mil. Another said Arsenal wanted 7mil plus Shay Given  :-\
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 06:35:58 AM by dwn »

1]; } ?>