April 23, 2024, 05:34:05 PM

Poll

In your opinion, which Warrior(s) should step up to take freekicks on de Big Stage?

Stern
Latas
Spann
Birchall
Yorke
Whitley
Edwards
other

Author Topic: Free kicks and corners  (Read 7531 times)

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Free kicks and corners
« on: October 04, 2005, 10:56:56 AM »
NEVER let blasted Stern John even touch the ball in a free kick. I was painfully anguised and disappointed when I saw Stern kick a free kick we got against Guatemala, when we won 3-2. At that time we were losing 1-0 in the dying minutes of the first half, and with LATAPY, SPANN, BIRCHALL ANYBODY else Jack John kicked it!!!?!?!?  Wheey boy I was so blasted infuriated yes!! *Of course Mr. Shiatsu John easily cleared the goal and the ball almost hit the blasted digital scoreboard at the Hasley Crawford Stadium!

Jason.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 08:05:29 PM by Tallman »
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Free kicks
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 10:59:22 AM »
I ALSO THINK BIRCHALL FREE KICKS HARDLY GET ABOVE THE WALL I THINK HE WASTES ALOT OF THEM WHO IS THE CURRENT TAKER OF FREE KICKS I THINK BIRCHALL DOSE TRAKE THEM ONLY CUZ HE ENGLSISH
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 07:10:55 PM by Tallman »
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 11:04:47 AM »
    Birchall was the main corner taker and free kick taker if it was a free kick for a header on goal. I never saw him kick much direct free kicks straight at goal. Latapy and Birchall sometimes interchange the corner and header free kicks since Latas is back. BUT in terms of DIRECT FREE KICKS ON GOAL, honestly the only consistent kicker over the last year was ironically - ANGUS EVE, who is NOT on the team now, so I pray that we get more blasted ingenious regarding free kicks!! I remember Anton Pierre actually kicking one and scoring sometime ago in a practice game BUT with LATAS, YORKE, SPANN etc. at least train 1 good on that, I know that Spann used to be a good kicker when we played in the PFL and strung up real keepers back then.

Any suggestions!?!?

J.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 07:11:04 PM by Tallman »

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 11:10:13 AM »
    We now need to plan and address when WE GET A FREE KICK we are suppossed to ATTEMPT to SCORE on those opportunities!!

J.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 07:11:12 PM by Tallman »

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 11:14:42 AM »
even if we put the ball in the air from free kicks wen andrews jump to meet it he does close he eye and lawrence does only tiptoe to meet it we need people to attack the ball more
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 07:11:21 PM by Tallman »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 11:15:57 AM »
scotland look like a man that might have a decent free kick.  Yorke used to score some back in the day but I think he has lost the ability to shoot from distance
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 07:11:31 PM by Tallman »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 11:19:55 AM »
scotty have a deadly bullet too. i feel he could take some but direct only doh
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 07:11:39 PM by Tallman »
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 11:27:10 AM »
Most of our corners or freekicks are directed at Marvin.  Either that or he just the first one to get to most of them.
But everybody in CONCACAF know to mark him and they is put a man on him to throw him off balance when he go up for the header(jump into him....undercut him a little).  If they try and clear it is serious buss head they getting....ask the Guats.
I doh think we being as effective sending it to him every time.

With Latas on the field we could try some short corners instead once in a while.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 07:11:48 PM by Tallman »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 12:26:38 PM »
DCS
I think they talkin about free kicks within shooting distance.

Even I could bend and dip one on target.  Why we doh have men who could do this regularly?  Ah feel Latas could do it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 07:11:58 PM by Tallman »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 12:39:51 PM »
DCS
I think they talkin about free kicks within shooting distance.

Even I could bend and dip one on target.  Why we doh have men who could do this regularly?  Ah feel Latas could do it.

Latas' free kicks have usually been pretty weak (at least in the past)...which is surprising given the type of player he is.....you'd figure he'd be one to hone that skill.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 07:12:07 PM by Tallman »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 01:41:18 PM »
We the kind of talent that we have produced in the last 15 years..our ability to take FKs is pathetic.

If our conversion rate is 10 percent I go be shocked.

Look at S. Korea..not an international power house, but if they get a fK within 25 yds of that goal, anything is possible.

I know that if we hoping to to to the WC taking Fks like dat we can't be fu&^&%# serious.

Latas, Spann would be my options.
Birchall should be groomed becz he has a wicked bullet.

Peace,
VB
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 07:12:16 PM by Tallman »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 05:24:55 PM »
i had disagree with the birchall bullet scene and i aint know if spann cud be consistent but under all i think birchall cud be groomed bullet or nut to deliver free kicks at a good sharpness with three good headers in stern john dwight yorke and marvin andrews and scotland and latas to pick up scraps outside the area
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 07:12:24 PM by Tallman »

Offline d00d

• ball kicker defender guy
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 02:24:29 PM »
look, i kno some of allyuh really disagreein with them fellas ideas for a free kick taker, but the fact of the matter is that we really need someone with the skill to find that net from them free kicks. we does get some real sweet free kicks and we cant have stern givin ball away 2 ppl outside d stadium n ting...n tho we hav nobody who skilled in that area, dey they cud scout for that kinda talent, n i sure one of them fellas on the team cud do sumin nice with the ball in dat situation and not necessarily yorke or latas, like spann or sealy and prolly even edwards. i think birchall go make a good bullet man. iunno y allyuh disagree...the man cud put the ball on target with sum real power too. if u was at dat guatemala match, u wud kno what i talkin about...an i not sayin dis cus he from england... ::) das ah real dotish ting tuh say...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 07:12:33 PM by Tallman »

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 02:57:22 PM »
Agreed D00d.  And we are only talking about free kick shots on goal, not crossing kicks for our forwards to header and score, we not too bad there. We need someone to curl ball over wall and thing! For driving power either low or high with force I would say Birchall, but I thought that Spann used to have a wicked one sometime yes. Latas SHOULD be able to curl it but we must have at least 1 other curler on the field! What about Theobald? The kinda player he is should be able to do that.

J.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 07:12:44 PM by Tallman »

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We need a midfielder who can cross and take corners!
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2005, 07:11:28 AM »
Carlos crossing improving! Extract report from Saturday's game

Howard combined well with Edwards down the right and from the Trinidad & Tobago international's deep cross Feeney rose to head powerfully into the far corner from 12 yards for his fifth of the season.

When I saw him last year, this was a weak area of his game. More of this against Bahrain and we good to go.

BTW, Carlos will be up against Ince this weekend, so should be interesting.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 09:47:56 AM by Tallman »

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos crossing improving! Extract report from Saturday's game
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2005, 08:19:43 AM »
Allyuh men is real head yes..
I hoping that  his crosses improve just as any other T&T national. Carlos is a very good player with tons of potential and I can only see him getting better. But to say his crossing improving because of 1 incident is borderline ridiculous.. 1 good cross or a few good crosses in a game does not mean anything, we need to see this on a consistent basis..
Anyway Good Luck Carlos and ah know you will do everyone proud...

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2005, 08:31:30 AM »
 The guy obviously sees Edwards play on a regular basis...It don't mean he see him cross one good ball just that that particular one result in a goal..Go T&T

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2005, 10:17:12 AM »
He never stated he saw anything, he pulled an excerpt from an article... Where in his post did he say or even give any inclination that he has seen more than 1 game????

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2005, 10:20:25 AM »
I have seen Carlos play 4 times last year, twice for his old club Wrexham and twice for T&T.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Free kicks and corners
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 08:16:46 PM »
We ignoring the issue of free kicks around the penalty area? Who to take them - Latapy or Birchall?

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 08:47:53 PM »
latas was taking them, but was actually wasting both corners and free kicks. When he came off Birchall took and did a much better job. I think he crosses and strikes the ball really well and should been delegated to take both the corners and freekicks
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 08:56:48 PM »
In terms of freekicks since we ent have no del piero's or reberto baggio's on the side maybe they could practice some cheeky play i once saw the best cheeky free kick ever in WC94 or 98 Argentina vs England England defending ball was chipped softly behind the wall a lil to the right man was timing it run onto it. they should spice it up them thing so rare they does work. I wann see if edwards have any placement abilty though as well as i wanna see me mum shoot
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 10:35:32 PM »
I remember that play, was a stunner. Maybe for the finals we'll have some of them things in the bag.

Off that topic, I wonder how many other trini by descent who play pro away will start to show up before 2006. Birchall was a great find and Jlloyd would have been great also. Might have some other stars out there, hopefully to add some depth to the defence.

TrinInfinite

We need a midfielder who can cross and take corners!
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2005, 11:16:09 PM »
When people spoke about eve, dey were justified in saying so, we need a mid 2 provide good crosses and corners, if carlos doesnt develop dis aspect of he game, we need a mid who will give us dis service in de world cup, i cant think of any other mids who have dis ability, eve is good, but who else?

truetrini

Re: We need a midfielder who can cross and take corners!
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2005, 11:19:53 PM »
Adam

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2005, 01:06:52 AM »
 I say Chris Birchall...but the thing is if he take the corner, who will be lurking on top the box to unleash a demon ??? I find Latas doesn't get it in the sweet spot, his crossed could be a bit shallow...Still he is a Great ....Go T&T

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2005, 08:20:56 AM »
I don't like Latas crosses, he drives it across the box which is easy to intercept.  He need to curl and dip it to land somewhere between the penalty spot and de 6 yard.  It real frustratin becuz I know he could kick it like dat, but like he doesn't want to.  Birchall's crosses are de way to do it.  Let Birch give Latas a clinic in crosses.  For the corners anyway.

Carlos should be able to cross man, how hard it is to swing in a good cross?  Carlos does be spinnin like a top and have men fallin down, but have problems bringin over a good cross?  I feel he just need to concentrate.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2005, 09:29:50 AM »
yesterday carlos coach was saying that and men was vex but iz true de man have alot of improving to do.

what hurting me iz that it have nuff trini's that could cross ah sweet ball man

oh shyt man

allyuh iz world cup we talking bout here men go have to step up a notch
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2005, 05:03:35 PM »
yesterday carlos coach was saying that and men was vex but iz true de man have alot of improving to do.

what hurting me iz that it have nuff trini's that could cross ah sweet ball man

oh shyt man

allyuh iz world cup we talking bout here men go have to step up a notch

Fuh real.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Valiantnodge

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2005, 01:49:15 AM »
I say Chris Birchall...but the thing is if he take the corner, who will be lurking on top the box to unleash a demon ??? I find Latas doesn't get it in the sweet spot, his crossed could be a bit shallow...Still he is a Great ....Go T&T

Chrissy takes corner kicks for the Vale, and his crossing is extremely good when he plays on the right wing for us. It's like you say though, he's also very effective in the centre and you don't want to miss out on his edge of the box finishing.

1]; } ?>