May 28, 2024, 12:09:20 PM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 235126 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Editorial: Why is Fenwick so obsessed with coach Latapy ?
« Reply #480 on: December 03, 2010, 08:46:00 PM »

The only thing that matters is whether he's qualified to provide the level of analysis he offers.  Yes success adds to the credibility of the analysis since it supports the notion that the critic knows what he's talking about, but coaching success isn't a requirement to offering credible criticism. Any number of factors affects the bottomline of winning or losing, often it has nothing to do with knowledge of the respective games.

word...I hear you.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 03, 2010, 10:28:01 PM »

Why does it matter what he or Jabloteh have achieved? Is either his comments are valid or not.

It does matter because his commentary is flavored with opinions and some degree of subjectivity- not just facts. 

If it was purely factual, then it doesn't matter.  But the opinion of a successful expert will always be granted more credence than the opinion of someone whose competence is questionable.   

Also some will argue that he has an axe to grind- that could taint the objectiveness of his opinion.

btw...I'm not saying that his comments were not valid.  I'm just saying that people are entitled to critique his record when assessing his opinion. 

Kicker yuh say alot of nutten there.

Fenwick work in an environment where getting the best players in the country is dependent on what his employers can afford or willing to spend. The National Coach position has the ability to call ANY player he/she/it deems the best in the country. So to equate Fenwick acheivement with Latapy acheivements with the National team is more different than similar.

To critique Fenwick observation on the national team with his club acheivement is like Wenger being chastised for criticizing Capello when Arsenal hasn't won anything in recent times. His acheievement or lack thereof cannot or should negate his observations on the National team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 04, 2010, 12:08:29 AM »
Tallman ah have wuk for yuh.  Which of our coaches has the worst record?

For coaches who were in charge for at least 10 games, dat honor goes to Rene Simoes, who had a 2-6-2 record. Then Wim with 6-8-4, then Latas with 9-11-3.

Interesting. Jamaica's most successfull coach ever Rene Simoes did very well as coach of Jamaica, then goes south to T&T where he was their worst ever coach.  :o

Whats the message here?

that you is a trolling c*nt

ooohhh guuuuddd!!! Ball lorse umpire.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 04, 2010, 12:05:31 PM »

Kicker yuh say alot of nutten there.

Fenwick work in an environment where getting the best players in the country is dependent on what his employers can afford or willing to spend. The National Coach position has the ability to call ANY player he/she/it deems the best in the country. So to equate Fenwick acheivement with Latapy acheivements with the National team is more different than similar.

To critique Fenwick observation on the national team with his club acheivement is like Wenger being chastised for criticizing Capello when Arsenal hasn't won anything in recent times. His acheievement or lack thereof cannot or should negate his observations on the National team.

I don't disagree, and like I said I'm not saying that what he is saying is not valid....but if he's opining on stuff where based on his record, accomplishments, his resume etc, some people think he's not really in a position to opine as an experienced person/expert, then I think it's ok for people to critique him or even partially discredit him... Any diligent person could conduct the appropriate research and speak theoretical ideals...the reason why pundits are usually from the field is because they've often stood in the shoes of their subject matter... Let's be honest, people on this board don't only appreciate TF's views because of what he's saying, but also because they trust his perspective based on his background and experience....If some people's assessment of his backgrond and his experience doesn't yield the same level of trust, then I think that's fair as well...whether we agree or not. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 12:08:32 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 04, 2010, 12:31:52 PM »
Eh Eh..anti Fenwick critiquers...perspective
so why plenty ppl on here so obsessed with Jack & Camps, and other officials...they ever hold ah FIFA post, run ah TT football league, run ah Football Federation, have to represent ah country at anything, play for ah big side, run ah government Ministry, run ah Multi-Million dollar organization ? why ppl critique/protest governmental decrees, they every run a country, ah region, ah city, ah household....eh eh, ppl have opinions on how the ppl they supposedly have chosen to represent them actually represent, and though not all will agree or disagree, each allowed to voice their pleasure or displeasure, and the common consensus reigns supreme, in the meanwhile every opinion must be considered...Fenwick also has vested interest in TT football, he coaches at what is supposed to be the highest level in the country, he as all others in similar positions should most definately have access to all the ears that have the same interest that is TT football as he ..wheter he is, was or would be ah successful or failed coach....actually voting/ hiring/ campaigning for him is a seperate issue, but he have more rights to comment and critique more than many, if not everyone, who actually post here...that includes even the respected highly experienced on the board...cause he actually works and makes a living in the Kitchen(country), trying to develop - properly or not - some of those same National players...it can be argued, has Latapy ever done as much ?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 12:33:52 PM by maxg »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 04, 2010, 12:34:26 PM »
I don't disagree, and like I said I'm not saying that what he is saying is not valid....but if he's opining on stuff where based on his record, accomplishments, his resume etc, some people think he's not really in a position to opine as an experienced person/expert, then I think it's ok for people to critique him or even partially discredit him... Any diligent person could conduct the appropriate research and speak theoretical ideals...the reason why pundits are usually from the field is because they've often stood in the shoes of their subject matter... Let's be honest, people on this board don't only appreciate TF's views because of what he's saying, but also because they trust his perspective based on his background and experience....If some people's assessment of his backgrond and his experience doesn't yield the same level of trust, then I think that's fair as well...whether we agree or not. 

I think yuh absolutely right in what yuh saying... generally speaking.  I don't think the criticism of Fenwick is appropriate in our case because he's played and coached on bigger stages than anything we have ever experienced or have to offer.  In other words he's not out of his depth in his criticism or analysis.  

These aren't world class players, playing in an established system, under an experienced, veteran coach.  If you had such players, in such a system, under such a coach then you could say at least Latas know what he doing, things just ent working.  Me eh know big time football expert but even I can see that Latapy only doing ad hoc managing.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 12:36:03 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 04, 2010, 05:20:44 PM »
oh boy...... Jabloteh get knock out today........next thing u see latapy writing up on fennick tomorrow.  :P
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 04, 2010, 05:41:02 PM »
oh boy...... Jabloteh get knock out today........next thing u see latapy writing up on fennick tomorrow.  :P

YEAH RIGHT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #488 on: December 04, 2010, 07:46:37 PM »

You sure, because I saw Jabloteh beat Joe Public 2-0 and JP was the one getting knocked out !!! .. 8)
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 04, 2010, 08:07:25 PM »

You sure, because I saw Jabloteh beat Joe Public 2-0 and JP was the one getting knocked out !!! .. 8)

oops ......maybe i heard wrong or Francesca read it wrong in the news.  :-[
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 05, 2010, 08:21:31 AM »

oops ......maybe i heard wrong or Francesca read it wrong in the news.  :-[

Yuh was quick to come and say yuh thing eh !!!

This article have no value..

Fenwick was reporting things we all have been saying here all the time.

Mr Colin Simpson probably is a make up name and some one of Latas family worte this senseless editorial.

Latapy needs help as a coach, he went Martinique to party with them two young ladies he took, he didn't go to coach a team, if you dont repsect yourself and lead by example, how will the players respect you ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 05, 2010, 01:51:08 PM »
Why is Fenwick so obsessed with coach Latapy.

Over the past year, I have been monitoring the comments and tone of Terry Fenwick as he continually wage a campaign of unrelenting verbal attacks on  Hear coach Russell Latapy.

On this basis, I began to wonder what might be the deep routed issues with Fenwick as it relates to Coach Latapy given Fenwick obsession.

What is motivating Fenwick, is it the need for power as  he seems himself as the next coach of the senior national team, and in order to so do, he needs to ensure that Latapy is not provided with the necessary supported to succeed.

So who is the real Terry Fenwick, some known facts that is in the public domain about the man.

· He is and English Football coach and former player at various levels of the game.
· He holds the English record for most yellow cards, three (3) in a single world cup tournament.
· Infamous for being passed by Diego Maradona, as Maradona scored the goal of the century.
· He was arrested, convicted and serves prison time in September 1991 for drunk driving.
· He managed Northampton Town to its worse record and was fired after 7 games.
· He withheld his players form national team practice, so Latapy would not have his schedule planned coaching sessions.

All of Fenwick’s posturing and comments have been so adverse, one wonders what value, if any, he brings to the life of his players at  Jabloteh. He is of no value to our people.

Colin Simpson- Tobago.

What kinda dotish article is this?  Fenwick ain't have to say nuttin bout Latapy job performance.  Latapy saying it all. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
Re: Terry Fenwick awarded UEFA ‘A License’.
« Reply #492 on: December 08, 2010, 09:06:43 PM »
How many coaches in the TT Pro League currently hold coaching license of any kind other than Terry Fenwick?
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 09, 2010, 11:44:35 AM »
How many coaches in the TT Pro League currently hold coaching license of any kind other than Terry Fenwick?

one of the criteria of being a Head Coach in the pro league is that you must have a coaching licence.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 09, 2010, 12:26:26 PM »

one of the criteria of being a Head Coach in the pro league is that you must have a coaching licence.

What level license? Plus there's differences between license, diploma and certificate.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #495 on: December 10, 2010, 09:25:56 AM »

What level license? Plus there's differences between license, diploma and certificate.
One of the reason why I asked that question is that I saw a couple games Joe Public played in the recently concluded concacaf tournament where they looked absolutely clueless and weak. Their coach was clearly out classed and out of his mind. He didn't have a game plan. How can you look that bad? Does Mr. King have any type of license?
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Fenwick awarded EUFA ‘A License’.
« Reply #496 on: December 10, 2010, 12:48:01 PM »
But who is de Asian sensation (Woo Ling), or is this another Jagdeosingh???

This kid is quality... went to Sunderland the other day through the digicel John Barnes thing

My neighbour is one of the kids I coach at QPCC and he plays on the u14 Fatima team with him... so I've followed their games while supporting my QPCC boys and I've always heard good things but he is on a next level.. his technique is on a different level and he is both footed ..plays CM.. very agressive and very smart for a 14 year old.. has a great shot with both feet...scores goals for fun....vision and passing range very high quality too

definitely one for the future if he keeps his head on and continues to develop at the rate he is then he will be a great prospect... he is a very down to earth kid too.. didnt get a hint of arrogance or anything.

Small Mag. since it looks like you know the family. Is Melissa and Stephenie Woo Ling his sisters? And how come they were not part of the girls WC team?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 10, 2010, 02:25:06 PM »
PAZ  7254
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick tells Bradbury to ignore 'detractors'
« Reply #498 on: February 05, 2011, 08:52:08 AM »
Fenwick tells Bradbury to ignore 'detractors'
By Ian Wadley (Bournemouth Echo)

MENTOR Terry Fenwick tipped Lee Bradbury to succeed in the harsh world of football management and urged his former protégé: “Be your own man.”

The ex-England defender handed Bradbury his chance in the professional ranks when he signed him for Portsmouth in 1995.

He recognised the now rookie Cherries manager’s potential and ended up selling him to Manchester City for £3million to help ease Pompey’s money worries.

Bradbury worked under an estimated total of 25 managers – including legendary figures such as Terry Venables and Harry Redknapp – during a distinguished career, but he last month ranked Fenwick among his favourites.

The former QPR and Tottenham full-back, who earned 20 international caps, is now in charge of San Juan Jabloteh in Trinidad and Tobago and was last night set to lead his team in a major cup final.

Having managed Portsmouth and, briefly, Northampton Town, Fenwick is well aware of the difficulties facing bosses in the British game and he highlighted the perils of poor results.

But he thinks Bradbury, who was last week appointed permanent successor to Eddie Howe at Dean Court, should be well equipped to cope with the challenges.

Speaking to the Echo from Trinidad, Fenwick said: “I think making the transition into management is extremely hard, particularly in England, hence why I’m out here in Trinidad and Tobago.

“It’s not easier here but you get time to show your abilities and sculpt the sort of team and club that you want.

“Unfortunately, I don’t think that happens in the UK. It is very cut and dried. You either win games and survive or you are out of the door.

“That is the harsh reality of British football.

“Lee is very strong minded, though.

“He’ll have his own ideas and will have picked up a lot from the coaches he has had over the years.

“If he has made his notes and jotted down the things he sees as positives from the people he has worked under, he should have plenty in the tank to make a success of it.”

Asked what advice he would pass on, Fenwick said: “Be your own man, which he is.

“Don’t take too much notice of the detractors on the outside, which he will get. There will be those that will be waiting for him to stumble.

“He’s just got to keep his head down and do the things that are right for the team and the club.

“What I think I always saw in Lee Bradbury was honesty. If he can be as honest in management as he was as a player, I think he’s got a great chance of making it.”

Reflecting on the Cherries chief’s time at Fratton Park, Fenwick added: “He never wanted to cause a flap and was always very professional in his manner, whether it was on the field or socially.

“He was an all-round good character and the sort of player that you wanted in and around your team.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick lays the axe on Oliver
« Reply #499 on: March 21, 2011, 03:24:54 PM »
ttproleague.com

San Juan Jabloteh midfielder and team captain Marvin Oliver was sacked on Sunday by head coach Terry Fenwick for his participation in a BGTT/Counselor Zoff Celestine sponsored Tyro Sports Club offseason Bourg Mulatresse (minor)League.

“It’s unfortunate,” said a disappointed Fenwick on Monday morning following his team session which was minus the talented 36 year old Oliver. “But he took the chance and paid the price as a consequence.”

Fenwick, who was present at the minor-League competition on Sunday afternoon, said he made aware his presence and verbally informed Oliver that his contract was immediately terminated.

Oliver’s involvement in the minor-League and axing came two days before Tuesday’s Digicel Pro Bowl quarterfinal clash against Defence Force which kicks off from 8pm at the Marvin Lee Stadium.

Oliver, the 2007 Toyota/Pro League Player of the Year, joined Jabloteh from neighbouring rivals Caledonia AIA in 2008 and in the 2010 received warning of his involvement in minor-Leagues as a professional player.

Oliver was fined and temporarily stripped of the captain’s armband for appearing as player/coach in the Bourg Mulatresse minor-League along with a three other Jabloteh players.

“I wrapped his knuckles, (then), and told him he needs to be more responsible,” said Fenwick.

“It might be very late in the season with a (Digicel Pro Bowl) title to play for, but this is a guy that I have great respect for and wanted to prepare him for coaching because at 36, he was coming to the end of his playing career. He will give a good fight in every game but the discipline isn't there.

In addition the national Under-20 quartet, Sheldon Bateau, Jerrel Britto, Johan Peltier and Cordell Cato, who are currently on tour in Colombia will miss the match. Despite their absence Fenwick was still optimistic about his team a win and said, “We were the first team to defeat them during the season and we intend to be the last local team to do so this season,” boasted Fenwick.

“It doesn’t matter who you are, if you don’t have discipline than you can’t fit in. And I am willing to give the young lads who want the chance and hold a much better level of discipline,” ended Fenwick.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 04:07:59 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick lays the axe on Oliver
« Reply #500 on: March 21, 2011, 03:30:52 PM »
ttproleague.com

I wrapped his knuckles, (then), and told him he needs to be more responsible,” said Fenwick.

Fenwick name Ferdie Pacheco or what, lol

"rapped"

Man have to eat I suppose.... but that's the price you pay.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 21, 2011, 03:47:59 PM »
Since this is not the first time Fenwick do this, and Oliver know how Fenwick is...ah giving Oliver the benefit of the doubt that he do it on purpose to get out he contract. Why else he would do something that he know Fenwick will get rid of him for ???

If yuh want ah gig on the side then why not open up ah lil youth camp and coach...charge ah small fee.  Try something that ent gonna get yuh fired

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 21, 2011, 04:00:08 PM »
Deja-vu  ???

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 21, 2011, 05:42:02 PM »
Since this is not the first time Fenwick do this, and Oliver know how Fenwick is...ah giving Oliver the benefit of the doubt that he do it on purpose to get out he contract. Why else he would do something that he know Fenwick will get rid of him for ???

If yuh want ah gig on the side then why not open up ah lil youth camp and coach...charge ah small fee.  Try something that ent gonna get yuh fired

All he could have done is just asked to be released ....
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 06:29:24 PM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 21, 2011, 07:04:03 PM »
AGAIN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 21, 2011, 07:48:13 PM »
The Pro league getting better.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 22, 2011, 04:45:25 AM »
The TTFF should also find a way to fine the "minor" league clubs that these professional players play for.  And also the sponsors of these minor leagues.  Firing the players from their clubs isnt enough!

This is killing our game and it needs to be stamped out.

I say they should create a stipulation whereby only if a player is given permission by his club can he participate in a minor league competition!!

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 22, 2011, 06:07:36 AM »
The TTFF should also find a way to fine the "minor" league clubs that these professional players play for.  And also the sponsors of these minor leagues.  Firing the players from their clubs isnt enough!

I say they should create a stipulation whereby only if a player is given permission by his club can he participate in a minor league competition!!

ah love it!!

How could the TTFF fine a Minor league club,it have no constitution,rules etc etc that controls a Minor league,FIFA,TTFF,CONCACAF etc has no control over a Minor league,these leagues could be here today and gone tomorrow.
      Since when Minor league Football killing our game,Minor league has always been our roots,it's where all our great/best players started or came from,stamping it out is what going to kill Football.Minor league is what brings us all together,it's community,neighborhoods,people etc Football has died in certain areas in the country because the best Minor leagues are no more and if the Minor leagues go the Major leagues will also go.
       I think is a matter of discipline on the part of players in the country,weather they want to be Pros or not and not blame the leagues,does England,France,Germany etc have that problem?we always want to compare ourselves with the rest of the world keep blameing JW and don't grow up.
       The bottom line is they can't stop Minor league anywhere,it's what the average people that like the game look forward too. 

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 22, 2011, 06:45:39 AM »

ah love it!!

How could the TTFF fine a Minor league club,it have no constitution,rules etc etc that controls a Minor league,FIFA,TTFF,CONCACAF etc has no control over a Minor league,these leagues could be here today and gone tomorrow.
      Since when Minor league Football killing our game,Minor league has always been our roots,it's where all our great/best players started or came from,stamping it out is what going to kill Football.Minor league is what brings us all together,it's community,neighborhoods,people etc Football has died in certain areas in the country because the best Minor leagues are no more and if the Minor leagues go the Major leagues will also go.
       I think is a matter of discipline on the part of players in the country,weather they want to be Pros or not and not blame the leagues,does England,France,Germany etc have that problem?we always want to compare ourselves with the rest of the world keep blameing JW and don't grow up.
       The bottom line is they can't stop Minor league anywhere,it's what the average people that like the game look forward too. 

Well said Coops....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 22, 2011, 08:04:36 AM »
The money must have been good.

1]; } ?>