May 28, 2024, 03:03:55 PM

Author Topic: Reality Check  (Read 6103 times)

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Reality Check
« on: May 31, 2006, 07:44:26 PM »
Now that the euphoria is gone it's time to come back to reality. This side has made us proud in that this is the first  team from t&t to make it to the big dance and for this we should be proud. Anything that they do beyond making it to the world cup is a big bonus.

When we compare this team to the teams that almost made it (the 73 squad and the strike squad) there is really no comparison in terms of quality, skills and character. It's a miracle we made it with this team.

Lets just rejoice that we finally got to the big dance and should we beat anybody, well,  maybe  our time has finally come. Don't expect too much from this team. this is the most unskillful team that  we have ever produced. Reality check people!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 07:57:18 PM by Source »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Reality Check
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 08:01:07 PM »
Now that the euphoria is gone it's time to come back to reality. This side has made us proud in that this is the first  team from t&t to make it to the big dance and for this we should be proud. Anything that they do beyond making it to the world cup is a big bonus.

When we compare this team to the teams that almost made it (the 73 squad and the strike squad) there is really no comparison in terms of quality, skills and character. It's a miracle we made it with this team.

Lets just rejoice that we finally got to the big dance and should we beat anybody, well,  maybe  our time has finally come. Don't expect too much from this team. this is the most unskillful team that  we have ever produced. Reality check people!

Exhibit G People are letting their patriotism blind them to some very obvious points.

Reality Check 7. Trinidad and Tobago qualified from the weakest intercontinental matchup on the last day after barely beating Bahrain over two legs. In qualifying, we gained exactly one win away from home, two counting the bahrain game out of six. We beat a Mexican B side to reach the playoff.
We shouldn't let these facts limit the scope of our future, but we should let them put our present into perspective. Beenie has very limited resources to work with, but he has done admirably with them. Qualifying for the World Cup doesn't make us a better team than we were before we qualified. It just makes us that more determined to improve.

My fellow forumites, Accept these words in the spirit in which they were said, and God Bless Our Soca Warriors.

DISCLAIMER: Despite the similarity of certain ideas expressed by the President of the Reality Check commitee to this post and his or her unlawful use of the registered expression 'Reality Check' please note that the poster named 'Source' has no affiliation to the Reality Check Committee and has not applied for any such affiliation.  ;D
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 08:06:56 PM »
Reality Bites  >:(
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 08:08:43 PM »
valid points fellas.  ppl confusing patriotism with realism.  they feel we reach the world cup and now we going to go on a magical run and reach the finals...not so.  beenhakker bring us this far but the man cannot spin straw into gold, turn water into wine or give skills and ball sense to big hardback ballers...the man have his limits.    man on this siterunning run like headless chicken or worse yet, like chicken licken bawling how the sky falling down...any visitor to this site must be laughing at us.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 08:14:41 PM »
I'm not that old but but my knowledge of football tells me that football in 1973 was different to football in 1989 and football today is even more different. Your claim about those T&T squads being supeior technically to the present one may have some validity however the same argument can be applied to the WC 2002 squad that finished dead last in the hex. The World Cup 2006 qualifiers arguably brought more joy to the nation than any other sporting achievement in our history. I won't discredit those teams of old but I think it should be noted for all time that this team took the smallest nation ever to the World Cup. I don't believe that we should humiliate our players at time. Furthermore I invite you to elaborate on your interpretation of character.

Offline trini in korea

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 08:16:45 PM »

true dat. I would also like to hear

l

peace

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 08:54:08 PM »
beenie is truly a miracle worker...but well said Source, it is amazing that real men who alleged to know football does get as carried away as they do with we chances in germany......sometimes ah does wonder if some ah dem does only watch local tnt football. now ah eh saying yuh cyah be patriotic(cause i am)but dred when yuh really siddown and watch real football and see wha men does be doing wid-an without-de ball, larsen, ljunberg, lampard, gerrard(to name a few).....ah know men might say dis and dat bout dem names ah call...but dred all dem fellahs want is a half ah chance....lemme stop ramblin because ah ent go stop.....bottom line beenie go pick de best team after all this testing ting done....
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 09:04:24 PM »
Fellas when your side in the WC you are supposed to get carried away!!! That's what the tourney is for, for nations/the world to get carried away.  Nobody ent saying T&T winning the WC but every nation have to support and believe in their team.  We shouldn't get tie up with what real and fake about the team.  Let's just enjoy the games and hope for the best like every other country.  I think everbody expections are realistic but since the competiton ent done yet it have plenty iron to beat, flag to wave and toasts to make.  Let's not get our drawers in a bunch  ;D  GO TNT
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 09:07:26 PM »
Yes its good to be realistic but it is ashame our own country men does short change dey self so much. With that attitude we would have not even reached the world cup. If so little is expected of your team becasue we are a small minnows copared to footballing nations how do you explain Yorke and Latas coming out from small country like ours....You are the sme guys who didn't believe we could qualify unitl it happen and then yuh was in the street dancing like johnny come lately!!

On another note with repect to this tem NOT being that good I have to disagree.....yes we may have had much better players in the past...we haeven have players on the current squad who ar past their prime......BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THIS IS THE BEST TEAM WE EVER HAD....PLEASE NOTE THE WORD TEAM....
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 09:46:29 PM »
The teams of 73 and 89 were amateurs who left everything on the field. They played with passion and pride inspite of tremendous odds. Today players have so much in terms of comfort, technology,diet, etc.  yet it seems like  most of them don't leave it all on the field. Some may say they are playing cautious to avoid injuries. Well the time has come to throw caution to the win and play like true warriors. Warriors die every day, figuratively speaking, and live for the fight. If they are not warriors then they need to change their name.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 10:37:08 PM »
Tell me why it is for years as far as I could remember people saying T&T have some of the best ballers in the world,we could take anyside and give them thunder,all kinda big up talk yet still yuh hearing we eh expecting much from this team,is the most unskillful team ever,so where the f***k the exceptionally gifted players are,what they hiding under rocks like crab ah what.

Look while I don't disagree with most of what has been said so far,I have to put some blame on the selectors for picking some ah these players that are obviously one dimensional,you want to tell me out of 1.3million people we could'nt find ah better supporting crew.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 03:13:11 AM »
What’s with all the doom and gloom on the forum today? So you lost your second warm up game. So you are not going to win the world cup. In two weeks time your players, the ones you watch every week playing for Jebloteh etc, are out there, wearing the TnT shirt with tens of millions of people watching around the world. Those lads are representing Trinidad and Tobago against some of the best players on the planet.

If you’re not going to win the world cup, then it is up to the fans to make sure that the Socca Warriors makes an impression on the tournament. Compare yourselves to Portsmouth if you like. We are probably the smallest team in the EPL and our ground only holds 20,000, yet we make more noise than the 75,000 at Old Trafford. We are not going to win the premiership, yet we enjoy it and above all, we are loud and proud.

Enjoy, make friends and above all make sure the world knows the World Cup is a better place because the warriors are in town. That is reality

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 03:51:07 AM »
Pompey well said i agree with you 100% :applause:

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 04:22:38 AM »
i agree fully..but i wudnt go as far as to say the MOST UNSKILLFUL team ever

Offline dyansie

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006, 05:03:02 AM »
We know we will not win the world cup, but we have made it thus far, and we are all happy, I know that we are a sad at that warm up, but when you think off putting on that Fifa World Cup game for PS2 and PC  and you hear Maximus Dan or Kess song playing, you know in your heart, how proud we all are, that our boys finally made it, or look at the bus they will be travelling in,or just how the media and everyone in Germany is waiting to see this small twin island Play, what more can we say. That is what makes us Proud. Together We Aspire Together We Achieve

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 06:02:00 AM »
Guys, the true REALITY CHECK.. is the fact that we have to do a much better job of marking. Yes our defense is not our strongest attribute however, the basic fundamentals is all it takes to ensure no foolish goals are allowed. You are taught from an early age to get yourself between the ball and the opposing player... after looking at this last game I think these guys need a refresher course on that subject.
It is easy to critisize the team when the chips are down... but to critisize without the experience, knowledge, or valid proof to back up your statements are down right foolish. I critisize our defensive marking ability due to the current trend of goals and especially the manner in which they were scored, but amongst all that I applaud my warriors and hold a belief so strong that they can pull off the unthinkable and make it through to the second round dispite all the two face supporters, especially those on this forum.

Ole O Trinidad Tobago....Ole O Trinidad Tobago...

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006, 06:05:28 AM »
We know we will not win the world cup, but we have made it thus far, and we are all happy, I know that we are a sad at that warm up, but when you think off putting on that Fifa World Cup game for PS2 and PC  and you hear Maximus Dan or Kess song playing, you know in your heart, how proud we all are, that our boys finally made it, or look at the bus they will be travelling in,or just how the media and everyone in Germany is waiting to see this small twin island Play, what more can we say. That is what makes us Proud. Together We Aspire Together We Achieve

great post!!
and I totally agree...
we ent going to win the WC.. but just playing a game and hearing Kees and Dan song....
you know we at least get a ticket to the big dance!!
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 06:36:11 AM »
I remember when some posters were saying that we can't be overconfident about beating Bahrain. I almost lost my fuse that time. I read message boards for teams all over the world and never are the objective and rational. They are crazy gung ho fans who want their team to win. Its not overconfidence or inflated expectations to support your team like they're going to win. Why must we always be timid and approach these challenges like pussy cats. It appears that Maximus' tune has been played thousands of times on the radio for no reason. We lost 2 games and looked bad in 1. Don't through away your team and then say your a   realist. Saying "don't expect much from the team" is throwing away your team. You either believe in your team or not. We on this site have represented a core base local support for football for years. I for one attended no fewer than 8 matches during qualification and I am more than certain that there are men on this site who could boast of a superior record. We are the heart and soul, the very spirit of team and we have a responsibility to stay true to them.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 06:41:42 AM »
Look we have good players for an island of 1.3 million. All we ever needed was a good coach, we got that and look we are in the world cup. If we go there and loose all 3 games say 2-0 nobody will think bad of us but everybody will remembers us. Im sure most of us have experienced som1 saying ''where?'' wen u tell them your from Trinidad. Now people will know. If we get anything in our games it will suprise the world. if we make 2nd round people will talk about it for the next 20 years, and anytime a small team makes it people will say r they ah next Trinidad. People on this site actin rel f**kin stupid, we loose 2 friendlies while we experimentin and now every1 sayin we gonna get mash. as if to say we was playing like brazil b4. we have nuttin to loose, so we just go out there and go at those big teams we might loose 3-0 or win 1-0, better than sittin back and loosin 1-0. personally i feel we will get to the second round. i said we would qualify wen we was playin dominca rep and people say i is an ass but look wat happen.

and for frig sake we even have our own adidas boots, nike even makin Trinidad sneekers. like meh boi said in computer games we have tune. The world cup qualification has already payed off. now its time to fuk up some teams. we have nuttin to loose. as long as we dont get murdered everyting is good. wen world cup come our players will be ready.

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 06:50:41 AM »
TNT did well to get this far....
But consider this....
Not even England who have been beating around the circuit for donkeys ages and wasted countless opportunities, WONT be lifting the cup...
Peeps, remember theres a time called Brazil still lurking in the backgound, along with Argentina and Holland.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 06:51:54 AM »
But consider this....
Not even England who have been beating around the circuit for donkeys ages and wasted countless opportunities, WONT be lifting the cup...
Peeps, remember theres a time called Brazil still lurking in the backgound, along with Argentina and Holland.
oh gosh yuh head hard like stone boi :rotfl:
Watch the ticket dungon master come in here!

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 06:54:00 AM »

completely disagree that just making it to the WC is enough ... if we are they we MUST AND SHOULD make every attmpt to take the next step reguardless of how painful ... wallowing in mediocity is unacceptable ... the team should just stay home if just making it to the WC is enough ... we can only grow if we continue to strive for the next level ...
Snake in de balliser

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 06:55:21 AM »
But consider this....
oh gosh yuh head hard like stone boi :rotfl:
Watch the ticket dungon master come in here!

Oh Lard we runnin out of ink to print ticket.ah goin pc world back in ah half our.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2006, 06:59:26 AM »
But consider this....

TICKET PLEASE ... doh lie yuh know why
Snake in de balliser

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2006, 07:01:49 AM »
I so can't wait for next week...When all the talking is on the field and not in some football forum.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2006, 07:02:11 AM »
Trinidad winnin' the world cup boy !! Wham to allyuh ?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2006, 07:09:11 AM »
Hey..My prediction for the final is Trinidad v Togo......
Any takers??

Failing that a TNT v Saudi Arabia final !!!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2006, 11:18:58 AM »
But consider this....

TICKET PLEASE ... doh lie yuh know why

TICKET..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2006, 11:22:23 AM »
Hey..My prediction for the final is Trinidad v Togo......
Any takers??

Failing that a TNT v Saudi Arabia final !!!

Is that you Hardest??
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2006, 11:34:15 AM »
Reality check ?

We are in the World Cup.

1]; } ?>