May 22, 2024, 09:29:51 PM

Author Topic: Leo has T&T Future In Mind  (Read 7284 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Leo has T&T Future In Mind
« on: June 17, 2006, 07:59:00 PM »
LEO HAS T&T FUTURE IN MIND (Injury for Gray) 

Leo Beenhakker is considering the possibility of remaining on as head coach of this country’s national team following the run of the “Soca Warriors” at the ongoing 2006 World Cup.

This was the firm disclosure made  by Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation Special Advisor Jack Warner after he met with the celebrated Dutchman at the team’s Landhaus Wachtelhof Hotel in Rotenburg.

Warner not only turned up to extend his congratulations and best wishes to Beenhakker and the “Soca Warriors” but he was intent on sitting with the former Real Madrid coach and discussing his future with T&T. And according to Warner, there was positive feedback which he hopes will turn out in the best interest of the country’s football after the Germany experience.

“The feeling has been excellent. There are some things you cannot describe in the world and this is one. More importantly I just spoke to Leo and he is interested in working with the team again….he and Wim (Rijsbergen) and this is extremely important once the conditions are right…. if it means that the Government needs to play an active part, the business sector has to play an active part . Jack Warner alone can no longer do it.

“What Leo has shown is that we can do it. Let’s just  forget  what divides us and let’s look at what unites us and if we do this our country will be  a better place and what we are doing in Germany should serve as a catalyst for of course a bright future for the country,” Warner told TTFF Media

The FIFA Vice President believes that Beenhakker’s continued involvement with the team must be the next step.

“I came here to talk to him about that. He said to give him three days to consider it and I will. He also said that he wants to focus on the match on Tuesday and I respect that. But moreso, he said  that he is positive about it,” Warner added. There remains no guarantee though that Beenhakker will make public his decision after such time.

“He says Tuesday he’s going for it and I expect that we shall win. He said to me Jack don’t forget that I have a player from (CL Financial San Juan) Jabloteh  (Aurtis Whitley) marking Gerrard, a guy from Nelson Street (Densill Theobald) marking Beckham. When they ask what my players earn, it’s nothing compared to the England team and yet of course we gave them a very good performance.  Had it been for   a proper referee we would have had a draw. He said the second goal was irrelevant and that the first goal should never have scored,” Warner stressed.

And to how the CONCACAF President feels now among his FIFA colleagues,

“Oh I walk tall today. I walk taller than all of them. I tell all of them that ‘I told you so’. I made the point to them that I needed to get to this stage in order to show my worth and I have gotten it and we have done it as a country,” a proud Warner concluded.

He also presented Beenhakker with a signed copy of the recently launched book “Zero to Hero” which gives a detailed description on the journey of a man himself in Warner who has inspired T&T to its first World Cup. After that, it was time too for him to meet with skipper Dwight Yorke and other members of the players committee to discuss conditions pertaining to the team’s ongoing appearance on the world’s biggest sporting stage.

Gray ruled out Paraguay match

Defender Cyd Gray has been ruled out of Trinidad and Tobago’s final Group B encounter against Paraguay with a knee ligament injury sustained in the second half of the 2-0 defeat last Thursday.

According to team doctor Terrence Babwah, Gray suffered a partial knee ligament tear and could face the possibility of being out for up to two weeks even though the defender himself was confident of making a comeback in time for T&T’s possible second round appearance on June 24 in Munich.

“Getting this injury is not the best thing at this time but life goes on. I’m quite disappointed that I won’t be playing the Paraguay game. I would have liked to play in all three games. Based on the injury possibly maybe I may not be back  but I really believe that if we go through to the second round I will make it back in time,” Gray told TTFF Media.

“I felt great to know that there are players who are making greater salaries than we are and we can also hold our own. It shows that not based on your salary means you can do as you want. You have to work just as hard all the time,” he added.

“Overall though we have worked hard and I feel pleased about that and about my personal performance. I think I have exceeded what people thought of me. I know I have in me but now I was able to bring it out on the field.”

There was better news for Marvin Andrews who took part in the small sided scrimmage in the one evening session held in Rotenberg on Saturday. The same went for goalie Kelvin Jack who took turns in goal along with Shaka Hislop and Clayton Ince

socawarriorstt.com

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leo has T&T Future In Mind
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 08:02:34 PM »
THERE IS A GOD!!!!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 08:08:17 PM »
If Beenie stays on that will be a god sent. especilay since he will have to nurture new players as yorke latas and hislop going. we need this kind of guidance.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 08:10:17 PM »
yea man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i dont think i coulda handle it if he had to leave... hopefully he'll be there all the way to 2010

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 08:10:55 PM »
yuh see that USA....allyuh eh getting beenie so back off!!!!!!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline trinifuhlife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 08:11:08 PM »
I think we should keep this thread on top. Benhakker staying on as coach could mean the difference between us qualifying for the next world cup or not qualifying at all.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 08:34:42 PM »

beenie should stay he had made a difference and keep it going

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 08:44:00 PM »
Thats good news!
I still cyah understand why JA allow Simones to go after he took them to their 1st World Cup and look where their football has regressed to now, Eng 6 - 0 JA.

I think Beenie likes the T&T culture and vibes, give him a house in T&T with a nice Trini woman and he good to stay!  8)

De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 08:48:34 PM »
LEO HAS T&T FUTURE IN MIND (Injury for Gray) 

Gray ruled out Paraguay match

Defender Cyd Gray has been ruled out of Trinidad and Tobago’s final Group B encounter against Paraguay with a knee ligament injury sustained in the second half of the 2-0 defeat last Thursday.

According to team doctor Terrence Babwah, Gray suffered a partial knee ligament tear and could face the possibility of being out for up to two weeks even though the defender himself was confident of making a comeback in time for T&T’s possible second round appearance on June 24 in Munich.

“Getting this injury is not the best thing at this time but life goes on. I’m quite disappointed that I won’t be playing the Paraguay game. I would have liked to play in all three games. Based on the injury possibly maybe I may not be back  but I really believe that if we go through to the second round I will make it back in time,” Gray told TTFF Media.

socawarriorstt.com

Nooooo.....BIG BLOW!!!
Two islands are better than one.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 09:22:55 PM »
Personally I think we should keep wim and take beenie back in like 2 years so we won't go over our heads with that massive paycheck. Unless they plan on entering us in all kinda cups. Orrrrrr we could put ah team in de pro league and let him coach them with nothing but youths and make them tour de carribbean and play mex and usa every few............
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 09:39:41 PM »
They wanted to put a team in the pro league with the u 21s but that aint work out

doubt it go work here too

what is tnt next match after july9th?? what essentially is beenie going to be preparing us for if he stays??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 10:30:42 PM »
I hope one of the things Dwight asked the President for is for Beenie to be able to stay.

Jack already say he ent paying that salary and unless Beenie get a certainty he ent go stay for promises. Not when he will have all those offers. The gov't better not lapse.

Personally I think we should keep wim and take beenie back in like 2 years so we won't go over our heads with that massive paycheck. Unless they plan on entering us in all kinda cups. Orrrrrr we could put ah team in de pro league and let him coach them with nothing but youths and make them tour de carribbean and play mex and usa every few............
sounds very good to me.

If Beenie isn't kept on I don't see him waiting around or leaving a position that he has to come back when the appreciation we would have showed him is to get rid of him after the World Cup. The man have class and is a proud man he wouldn't do that.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 10:44:38 PM »
thanxk u Lord :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 12:55:22 AM »
Ah know somting was up!!!

Quoting de great one... whayuhsay

"I hope so but maybe dais why Leo eh giving de man ah run, maybe Leo want to setup shop in TnT and continue coaching... he want we tuh forget Latas.... "  ;D

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 02:00:08 AM »
sounds very good to me.

One should also realize that TnT is now MAKING a lot of money from the sponsors like Ebay & Adidas.
Further the paycheck might become a lot less since it won't be for 3- 6 months periods.
I think Beenie might still add another job to a role in TnT football, why not TD of feyenoord !
I think that could be his masterplan, have a lot of fun hiring good players for his beloved feyenoord and work with TnT to get good youth programs and be coach for the next WC.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 02:04:34 AM by dutchman »
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 02:48:47 AM »
allyuh letting Jack tie all up so.

Dat is pure chain up talk!

De only wany beenie staying with we is if Manning hire him!

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 07:38:03 AM »
I really hope that Leo stays on.

However, in the event that we fail to secure his services, I hope the TTFF could at least secure Wim for the sake of continuity.  He will enforce Beenie's philosophies as well as complement them with his own style.  He has seen and worked very extensively with ALL of the players and even those who were on the fringe of selection.  2010 looks promising for us with upcoming talent, but with the right man at the helm we could grab 1 of those 4  Concacaf spots again.
Continuity is the key.  We cannot afford to revert to local coaches and step backwards like Jamaica.

Look at talent for 2010 nah!:

Sealy
Glen
Jones
Sam
Scotland
Carlos
Samuel
Theobald
Whitley maybe
Sancho
Birchall
Spann
and many more to come:)

Offline Foreigner

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 07:50:43 AM »
Look at talent for 2010 nah!:

Sealy
Glen
Jones
Sam
Scotland
Carlos
Samuel
Theobald
Whitley maybe
Sancho
Birchall
Spann
and many more to come:)

Are you Crazy?  What about Latapy, Dwight, Dwarika and Shaka. >:( :angel: :rotfl:

Offline WarriorGoal

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 07:51:12 AM »
After this world cup he will be spoilt for choice since the premiereship is full of players who are half trinis and may now follow Birchall's example.
Soca Warriors only score Warrior goals!

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 01:11:41 PM »
If Beenie doesn't stay we should definitely look for another Dutch coach.

We should use the World Cup money to set up a youth academy based on the Dutch system, perhaps like the one at Ajax (I know wishful thinking).

If we could combine our natural talent with Dutch technical ability and tactics we will be a power in the region.

At the very least we need the retired (or retiring) TnT players to get some coaching certificates and pass on what they've learned to the next generation of footballers.

Offline Verteidiger

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 01:29:32 PM »
PLEEEAAAAASSSSSSE Make him stay..

If he is able to sit down..and involve the coaches in training, set up youth programs..bases on his experience and ability..I think he can set up football in this country for a long time..

The thing with this is..the usual "think they know everything" local coaches WILL listen to him..cause he took us to the WC..

Who say Bar-B -cue to help pay the salary ?? ;)

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 02:35:52 PM »
hope he does stay

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 03:47:13 PM »
yeah i really hope he stays. don leo can do big things
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 04:24:27 PM »
I hope one of the things Dwight asked the President for is for Beenie to be able to stay.

It so funny, ah get dat same feelin about two weeks ago............and wanted to start ah thread on it to discuss it!

Ah ask mihself dis question, "Why Dwight delaying de compensation to de players for so long" ? An de reason is because it BIGGER dan de team. It might be dat it came to ah players consensus dat de only SUCCESS T&T can have iz having  Don Leo at de helm of our football for years to come.

Ah tink also dat de reason why Theobold was seeing so much action is because he marked to take ovah Dwight's role az ah holdin midfielder, thus he trying to give him as much exposure as possible.   

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 06:20:59 PM »
Beenhakker take the team from CONCACAF strugglers to World Cup calibre in less than a year...if he stays on there is plenty potential for great things to happen to the Warriors over the space of 4 years until Africa. He is probably the most experienced coach of all 32 teams and experience is prob the most valuable asset as a football coach. From what I see and read he has a a great relationship with all of the players, he knows of their capabilities so if he can monitor and nurture dis over 4 years that will really be makin use of our time and potential, no firing and re-hiring, no more last-minute business that has cursed T&T football in the past.

Beenie for 2010  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 08:30:30 PM »
Start praying!  With Beenie sharpening this team over four years, we can have revenge on the US.  That is my fiirst motivation, for all the b.s. Bruce Almighty been talking bout we team.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline trinfax

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2006, 08:42:25 AM »
Can anyone provide us with the ministry of sport or the PMs office email address?? The lobbying can start from right now

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2006, 09:53:30 AM »
If our Government doesn't stand up to the call of making or assisting with a good offer to have him around to coach our team again or being part of our football for the future to come...that says it all about our football future there in Trinidad. It is in the most importants that we keep coaches with experience with great a resume such as his! A blind man could see what his presents has done for our football there in Trinidad. Our standard of playing has increased tremendously with one man's input!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline trinfax

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2006, 10:08:32 AM »
thanks Westcoast... but that is not a cool picture of our PM.. the man looking like ah beh beh bobolee

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2006, 01:56:31 PM »
I expect beenhaker to leave cause i doubt we could outbid them other countries that will come calling or maybe already calling him.
even worse if TT advance into the 2nd round beenie will be confirmed as 1 of the top 5 coaches in the world.  So look the  Asian countries, maybe a nigeria or cameroon even Bahrain etc to scoop him up
them hae real money to throw beenhaker way that i doubt jack or the government could match.

1]; } ?>