June 03, 2024, 10:43:38 PM

Author Topic: france v spain  (Read 15141 times)

Dumplingdinho

Re: france v spain
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2006, 04:32:34 PM »
I tempted to say Spain choke again but I feel is a lack of experience caused that defeat. They also proving Parreira right, flair have no place in winning the WC, it is all about efficiency.

But I feel England have a new formula. BOREDOM, BOREDOM, BOREDOM.
Put the opposition to sleep then score.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2006, 04:48:47 PM »
Nice.  Leh Aragones and all dem racist Spaniards go home.  It ain't have no place in the World Cup for dem losers.  Yuh could tell that men hadn't forget bout Aragones.  I see Viera was telling him to hush he mouth on de sideline; then, the referee make him sit down on de bench. 

Easy, there. I am latin american and have only shown support for your team and respect for the forum members. I am not denying that some people do not know how to handle diversity because they have not been exposed to it, but it is is not right to generalize, either. Peace.

My comment is aimed at all Spaniards (meaning from Spain) that condone such racist behavior from their fans and such a statement from their national coach.  Don't take it out of context now.  Let all those that condoned the deplorable season-long beahvior of their racist fans go home.  I will not retract from my previous statement.  I take it you're Latin American.  Don't be offended.  It is aimed at the people that live in Spain that condone and countenance such behavior.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2006, 05:12:54 PM »
Nice.  Leh Aragones and all dem racist Spaniards go home.  It ain't have no place in the World Cup for dem losers.  Yuh could tell that men hadn't forget bout Aragones.  I see Viera was telling him to hush he mouth on de sideline; then, the referee make him sit down on de bench. 

Easy, there. I am latin american and have only shown support for your team and respect for the forum members. I am not denying that some people do not know how to handle diversity because they have not been exposed to it, but it is is not right to generalize, either. Peace.

My comment is aimed at all Spaniards (meaning from Spain) that condone such racist behavior from their fans and such a statement from their national coach.  Don't take it out of context now.  Let all those that condoned the deplorable season-long beahvior of their racist fans go home.  I will not retract from my previous statement.  I take it you're Latin American.  Don't be offended.  It is aimed at the people that live in Spain that condone and countenance such behavior.

And right now on BigSoccer it have men saying "at least we didn't play with 20 Blacks on our team." I wonder how Senna does make out boy.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2006, 05:26:30 PM »
Big players for big games, first Ronaldo and then Zizou. Zizou today look in the mood to play. best france put Henry on the left where he played in 98 and put Saha up front we. Truth be told!

Brazil have the match they wished for return of 98 with both teams having players present. Brazil look weak on defending against corners. Other than that they look better and better with lots in the tank (not sold on Adriano,defenders reading dat one foot). France still eh convincing in the goal scoring department. But different players scoring and that always dangerous.

Brazil may simply have too much fire power:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2006, 05:33:25 PM »
Big players for big games, first Ronaldo and then Zizou. Zizou today look in the mood to play. best france put Henry on the left where he played in 98 and put Saha up front we. Truth be told!

Brazil have the match they wished for return of 98 with both teams having players present. Brazil look weak on defending against corners. Other than that they look better and better with lots in the tank (not sold on Adriano,defenders reading dat one foot). France still eh convincing in the goal scoring department. But different players scoring and that always dangerous.

Brazil may simply have too much fire power:

Wha yuh think about Emerson so far? Come on msn nah man.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2006, 06:16:03 PM »
Well everyone knew that France was the sleeping giant....and now everyone knows that they have woken up......

Brazil v France- the last time they met in a quarterfinal, was in World Cup '86..... it was one of the all time great matches in WC history...France ended up winning on penalty kicks....ah have goose bumps already.

Sorry Kicker but you are wrong cause the last time these 2 countries met WERE IN 1998 WHERE FRANCE WHIPPED THEIR ASSES 3-0 TO WIN THE WORLD CUP IN PARIS!! VIVE LA FRANCE!!!!!!!!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2006, 07:51:34 PM »
Well everyone knew that France was the sleeping giant....and now everyone knows that they have woken up......

Brazil v France- the last time they met in a quarterfinal, was in World Cup '86..... it was one of the all time great matches in WC history...France ended up winning on penalty kicks....ah have goose bumps already.

Sorry Kicker but you are wrong cause the last time these 2 countries met WERE IN 1998 WHERE FRANCE WHIPPED THEIR ASSES 3-0 TO WIN THE WORLD CUP IN PARIS!! VIVE LA FRANCE!!!!!!!!

Brazil v France - the last time they met in a quarterfinal,

Reading comprehension is a difficult thing boy.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2006, 08:18:49 PM »

Kicker I think the match that will be on the players' minds is the 98 final.  It more recent, it was a bigger occasion, and some of the players from that match are present today.  None of these players were around in 86.

It should be a great match!

The best moments in the game today were:

When Spain's biggest defender Señor Carlos Puyol came to challenge the master Zizou.  Zizou watch him, start to charge forward and SCREEEEECH! hit him a simple but deadly cut-back.
"Where yuh goin boy Pujol? Ah over here, just turn around, yuh go see meh."

Then Casillas come  out to close the angle, he say "Yes, I know which side Zinedine like to shoot at, he does do it in practice all de time."  Casillas see Zizou pull back he leg for a shot, start to dive, Casillas say "This go be de save of de tournament!"  Nex ting Casillas on de ground, headin de wrong way, while the ball slam into the back of de net.

Haha I only watchin de replays of dat cut-back.  Puyol look like an amateur.

Hail Zizou de master!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 08:50:13 PM by Peong »

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2006, 08:59:22 PM »
I won't lie ah...I real wanted Spain to win cause i like dere brand of football...but when I see Zidane playing ball like today I couldn't help but smile.....I real looking forward to that Brazil France quaterfinal boy....

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2006, 09:26:49 PM »
some ah allyuh carrying on as if Spain is the most racist country on the planet..steups
ah wonder what some ah allyuh woulda say if some coach did say something similar bout Birchall or some other white player?

like allyuh never hear the phrase "what you not supposed to know is not supposed to hurt you"?..too bad Aragones get ketch with a microphone and camera around.

anyway ah vex Spain lose to that geriatric side..and that Henry is a flecking whiner and diver.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2006, 09:39:15 PM »
some ah allyuh carrying on as if Spain is the most racist country on the planet..steups
ah wonder what some ah allyuh woulda say if some coach did say something similar bout Birchall or some other white player?

like allyuh never hear the phrase "what you not supposed to know is not supposed to hurt you"?..too bad Aragones get ketch with a microphone and camera around.

anyway ah vex Spain lose to that geriatric side..and that Henry is a flecking whiner and diver.

eh ehh watch yuh mouth and stop dissing de great henry ;D and viera is, was , and would always be ah boss
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2006, 09:42:11 PM »

musbe payback for champions league  ;D well, puyol have his champions league win, henry and france will have dey cutarse soon.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2006, 09:57:38 PM »

Dey's de most dotish post I ever read since I on dis site.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2006, 11:41:56 PM »
Meh brudda in Spain.  He say dey still cussing about de free kick dat set up Vierra and dey feel Zizou was offside on he goal.  Dem Spanish need some serious bush bath because dey didn't play dat badly.  But let we face it, de French go push Brazil.  Spain woulda get a serious whipping.  Is best dey go home and take dat chupid coach wit dem too..

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2006, 02:58:14 AM »
Is amazing how thing does stop...

All of a sudden the France fans (read anti-Brazil and pro-Arsenal) come out of the woodwork...

All it take was one game...

After the Champions League final, Henry say like you can't win nothing if you ent dive...
Puyolshoulda take notice after that statement. He wen't down holding he face when he get a litle elbow in he chest. I notice the French commentators so quick to condone unsporting behaviour ent say a word...And as France score off off it, you won't ever hear a thing about it in the media over here.

That aside, France played a good game, and I have  a sneaking feeling that Brazil-France will steal the limelight as the game of the tournament from Germany-Argentina or even Argentina-Mexico or France-Spain, but when you have to choose between two groups of "old men", I will always pick the boys in yellow

I think France are playing at their peak right now. They aren't going to get much better than this. Brazil on the other hand haven't yet started to fire on all cylinders and have a 10-1 gd with 4 victories under their belt. Set pieces are going to be important though; both teams have showed weakness in that area.

I'm not sure how much of a role 1998 will play in this match...
Both teams only have 6 players who were involved in that tournament
Brazil: Dida, Cafu, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo
France: Zidane, Vieira, Thuram, Henry, Trezeguet, Barthez

As it stands on the Brazilian side, the only person who has something to prove will be Ronaldo. Its jsut unfortunate that he doesn't have to score in the next match to break muller's record... Dida wasn't in goal in 98 and none of the Central defenders are the same. Granted they're missing a Dunga, but they now have a Ronaldhino and a Kaka, and if either Robinho or Adriano start, their front line will be a lot more potent.

France's front line is in theory a lot more potent, but we have seen that it is just as anemic (three of their 6 goals have come from their midfield, 4, if you consider that ribery isn't a real forward). They are lacking a Djorkaeff in attacking mid and a deschamps in defensive mid. Makalele is no Deschamps. Their back line is virtually all changed with the exception of Thuram who's moved into central defense from the wing.

The better tactics will win this match if endurance doesn't.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2006, 04:52:25 AM »

woman me ent care if yuh think it dotish
is just my opinion and i would still say what is the big deal bout the man saying something bad bout somebody else.
Feliz

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2006, 06:41:26 AM »

is just my opinion and i would still say what is the big deal bout the man saying something bad bout somebody else.

Lemmih try and understand dis doctor

A coach of a country that is known for openly racist tauntings calls somebody a black piece of shit and you're simply willing to shrug and dismiss that?
Or as an analogy...somebody in your office refers to a co worker as black piece of shit and that would be no big deal to you?

Again,,this is not to antagonize you in the least,, this is simply so I could be clear as to where you commin from
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2006, 08:19:19 AM »
One cannot judge a whole country by one man's statement. If that is the case people who listen to our politicians will draw the same conclusion about us. The coach said what he said and he never denied it, but I for one eh passing no judgement on Spanish peoples.

Now about the football. Spain has produced some of the best football of this competition. They are arguably the best passing team in the competition and they were willing to play attacking football. For that I  :applause: them. Actually for me they played better with out Raul but that eh my call.
France not convincing at all, rather they remind me of Italian teams of old. What I did like yesterday was Zizous, Ribery, Makelele and Viera performances. Henry looks lost as an out and out striker and France may be better off playing him wide left where he played in 98, with Saha or Trezeguet as the striker.

Tasty match up still to come.  Brazil will find France hard to break down, but they have the personel to do it. Brazil look like they have gears to change. France look like they still finding their way.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2006, 08:24:32 AM »
Henry should play wide and let Saha or Trezeguet strike aganist Brazil. Henry could get call off side boy, let him play wide left.

Did Aneilka make de side for injured Cissi ? because he good to.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2006, 08:26:24 AM »
Henry should play wide and let Saha or Trezeguet strike aganist Brazil. Henry could get call off side boy, let him play wide left.

sidney govou boss.

i like that idea with saha - he need to see more time on the pitch.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2006, 10:58:17 AM »

A coach of a country that is known for openly racist tauntings calls somebody a black piece of shit and you're simply willing to shrug and dismiss that?
Or as an analogy...somebody in your office refers to a co worker as black piece of shit and that would be no big deal to you?

Again,,this is not to antagonize you in the least,, this is simply so I could be clear as to where you commin from

He say de only thing bad about it is that the Spanish coach got over-heard. De jackarse.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2006, 12:01:11 PM »
One cannot judge a whole country by one man's statement. If that is the case people who listen to our politicians will draw the same conclusion about us. The coach said what he said and he never denied it, but I for one eh passing no judgement on Spanish peoples.

Now about the football. Spain has produced some of the best football of this competition. They are arguably the best passing team in the competition and they were willing to play attacking football. For that I  :applause: them. Actually for me they played better with out Raul but that eh my call.
France not convincing at all, rather they remind me of Italian teams of old. What I did like yesterday was Zizous, Ribery, Makelele and Viera performances. Henry looks lost as an out and out striker and France may be better off playing him wide left where he played in 98, with Saha or Trezeguet as the striker.

Tasty match up still to come.  Brazil will find France hard to break down, but they have the personel to do it. Brazil look like they have gears to change. France look like they still finding their way.

:applause: me half spannish too, thnx Aragones for getting the french sharp as a knife, good work.
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2006, 12:40:05 PM »

sidney govou boss.

i like that idea with saha - he need to see more time on the pitch.

nah man trezeguet is de man who needs more time on de pitch. ribery,  zidane,  henry,  and trezeguet....whey boy that looking more dangerous than de attacking side of brazil. doh get me wrong saha is a rel good player but trezeguet i feel would be a better option.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2006, 12:49:14 PM »
Nah drread....I fine Saha go do better than Trezegay............I think Saha is hungry and would do better. I agree with pulling Henry to one side , make him play similar to how he is used in Arsenal. He stuggles in the main striker role for France. He likes to float around and it not a traditional striker............Viveeeeeeeeeeee

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2006, 10:48:52 PM »

alright Dutty lemme see if ah could explain mehself a lil better lol

in the first case..i'm willing to shrug and dismiss that cause i belive im not involved. Now i'm not saying what took place is right either, is just that they have to deal with that matter themselves. No need for people living 7000 miles away to get involved. If was genocide or something that going to affect the world, then i could agree with giving a shit.

in the second case..i would say it depends on who hears it. If the 2 people involved in a 'private' conversation are white, they will most likely keep it between themseleves, unless one of them is rightheous or has an ulterior motive and lets the boss know what was said.
If the comment was aimed at me or to another co-worker, and I overheard, then I will use all available channels to get justice served.
Something like this did happen to me a few years ago and i didnt think much of it maybe due to naivety, but one of my co-workers did report it and got the person making the comment fired.
I just remembered I did fire someone a few months ago on a technicality for calling a Hispanic-American a Mexican lol, which is somewhat a deragatory term in MN.

Now allyuh ent answer what i asked what if was Birchall and a black coach involved.
Also is Toppa calling me a jackarse not a similar scenario as Henry or is that acceptable?

ah know nobody is perfect but everybody does bad talk eevrybody at some point in time...is just part of life.

Feliz

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2006, 11:29:22 PM »

in the first case..i'm willing to shrug and dismiss that cause i belive im not involved. Now i'm not saying what took place is right either, is just that they have to deal with that matter themselves. No need for people living 7000 miles away to get involved. If was genocide or something that going to affect the world, then i could agree with giving a shit.

in the second case..i would say it depends on who hears it. If the 2 people involved in a 'private' conversation are white, they will most likely keep it between themseleves, unless one of them is rightheous or has an ulterior motive and lets the boss know what was said.
If the comment was aimed at me or to another co-worker, and I overheard, then I will use all available channels to get justice served.
Something like this did happen to me a few years ago and i didnt think much of it maybe due to naivety, but one of my co-workers did report it and got the person making the comment fired.
I just remembered I did fire someone a few months ago on a technicality for calling a Hispanic-American a Mexican lol, which is somewhat a deragatory term in MN.

Now allyuh ent answer what i asked what if was Birchall and a black coach involved.
Also is Toppa calling me a jackarse not a similar scenario as Henry or is that acceptable?

ah know nobody is perfect but everybody does bad talk eevrybody at some point in time...is just part of life.

Well better you did'nt try and clear anything up becuz you just expose yuh self totally.

'In the first case' ...Not becuz ppl living 7000 miles away from wey racism going on means is ok, 'no need to get involved' ? so what, you  just accept it,it should not affect another coloured person 7000 miles away right ? Understand this, any reasonable human being with class,black or white,would be concerned n disgusted about racism,even if it is 10000000000000 miles away.
Don't create scenariors that do not happen your reference to Birchall only shows you are clutching at straws to prove a point and you may be more ignorant to racism than you think..
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2006, 11:39:40 PM »

Well better you did'nt try and clear anything up becuz you just expose yuh self totally.

'In the first case' ...Not becuz ppl living 7000 miles away from wey racism going on means is ok, 'no need to get involved' ? so what, you  just accept it,it should not affect another coloured person 7000 miles away right ? Understand this, any reasonable human being with class,black or white,would be concerned n disgusted about racism,even if it is 10000000000000 miles away.
Don't create scenariors that do not happen your reference to Birchall only shows you are clutching at straws to prove a point and you may be more ignorant to racism than you think..

Berris that sounds like a great crusade to go on..weed out racism in predominantly white countries
we go just let them Somalians and Sudanese wipe out themselves in the meantime right?..since it have more urgent things to weed out eh  ;)

allyuh is a bunch ah flecking hypocrites..nuff said

Feliz

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2006, 11:43:26 PM »
why allyuh getting on so
we come from 1 of the most racist places in d world
fleiz make a damn good point, allyuh want to rid it only in d white places awa??   because is black on indian is ok?? steupps
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 11:46:11 PM by ricky »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2006, 11:48:31 PM »
why allyuh getting on so
we come from 1 of the most racist places in d world
because is black on indian is ok?? steupps
boy sometimes i does feel so
people is only want to see what they want to see when it suits them
Feliz

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2006, 11:56:17 PM »

Berris that sounds like a great crusade to go on..weed out racism in predominantly white countries
we go just let them Somalians and Sudanese wipe out themselves in the meantime right?..since it have more urgent things to weed out eh  ;)

allyuh is a bunch ah flecking hypocrites..nuff said

You hah tuh stay in yuh ignorance boy, sorry I cyar help yuh .... ... de more yuh type is de more yuh expose yuh self... yuh right nuff said!!! becuz to me ,it sounding like yuh typing for Spain.

IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

1]; } ?>