June 06, 2024, 01:17:30 PM

Author Topic: Trinidad and Tobago changes confederations  (Read 10498 times)

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: Trinidad and Tobago changes confederations
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2006, 06:51:25 PM »
Just the other day I found out California was a state in america I always thought they was talking about a town in central

Superoli doh f@#k meh nah man. yuh forget tuh puh de  :rotfl: next to dah statement.......is serious yuh serious?
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2006, 07:04:53 PM »
oh gosh man I joking  :D
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2006, 08:09:59 PM »
Filho you is de one missing de point here,we talking bout ignorant journalist reporting incorrect information.This eh have nuttin to do wid wedda de average Trini cud say wey Mongolia or Fiji etc is.
Deal wid de topic, it's about de ignorance of de journalist who eh find it fit to do de research becuz  ah far as dem concern is ah smal nobody country,so we cud say anything bout dem.
Yuh explanation for why dey have dah small minded opinion on we is weak.So becuz we have post cards showing how relax and laid back caribbean people are you really feel that is how the America or de world view TnT/ caribbean ppl...rubbish yuh talking dread.Post cards yuh say? come nah man make sense nah,I see post card from Mexico with Donkey cart and coconut wey man have on bussup shot an tear up pants so ah guess that means everybody in Mexico does ride donkey cart right?
You gehin tie up, de average Trini doh have to know wey Bora Bora or Chaing Mai or wey ever is, diaz de journalist wuk, dem is de one wey hah to get it right.Imagine ah country now done play in ah WC, make history,and de same journalist wey covering de WC eh know wey part ah de world dah country in ...steeuuuppps you cud say wey yuh want,the reason why dem journalist cud talk dah shit bout 'African nation' is total arrogance ,because dey feel dey know better,ignorance,becuz dey eh have ah clue and disrespect, becuz dey eh even take the time to get it right regardless becuz TnT is just ah small 3rd country.

Whatever breds. Like you have an axe to grind. It was others who started extrapolating and talking about how stupid Americans and Brits are in general. Go read my first post..I dealt with the topic directly and nothing else. As the topic changed...people started addressing slightly different issues and so did I. If you actually read the threads you would have easily seen this...I did not change the topic. As for images coming out of the Caribbean, I only suggested that by promoting more positive images of the Caribbean we can give a more well-rounded idea of what  life is like here...I used postcards an example...but just as an example of the images coming out of our region. The same holds true for TV, film, and any form of media.  It seems to me that almost every time a foreign film crew comes to T&T to film some special..the backdrop they show is primarily of poverty and over-simplicity. It was never an an excuse for poor journalism or ignorance, but if these are the predominant images coming out of a region..I do not expect people to have any other view of it. A lot of what people think they know about other countries is based on images and programs from different types of media, since few people can actually travel the world extensively. I think we do not do enough to promote ourselves in a positive light...some would say we do not do enough to promote ourselves period..If you do not think any ignorance stems from this, well OK...but that is an opinion of mine that I think has some merit

Ah right Filho,yuh eh miss de point,de topic change somewhat and yuh answer accordingly ,my bad ..respect !!
But to me de predominant images coming out of de region are more postitve things than the examples you choose.How cud you over look what we do to promote ourselves in a positive way ? what about our universities that already attract thousands to Jamaica, Barbados and TnT ? How cud you over look the fact that year after year thousands and thousands flock TnT for carnival while the rest of the region is ah hot vacation destination and many caribbean countries have  hosted some of the best musicans talents ,events in the world,not to mention we have some of de best musicans in de world.Granted these aren't guarantees that ppl all over de world wud know about us but these are some of the things we do to  continue to 'promote ourselves in a positive light' how cud you choose 'post cards' depicting how laid back and doh care we are in we own back yard off gyard bamsee outside, over the many other positives the region has to offer? and as much as you might think those 'post cards' sends and wrong message is only the ignorant ones wud choose to believe daiz how backward we still is.Dem post cards beautiful.  

p.s I'm not saying you are ignorant I just doh agree wid de examples yuh give .
and me eh have no axe tuh grind meh bredda ....cool !!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 08:26:49 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2006, 08:11:31 PM »

next time puh ah  :rotfl: .....,yuh nearly ketch meh dread,Filho wudda say yuh see wha ah mean  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 08:13:23 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2006, 08:37:44 PM »
I agree with your points except I believe as a proportion americans are more ignorant about the outside world.
I have lived in a few countries and travelled a hell of a lot and have found americans to be the most ignorant about matters and places outside their country (in fact their state)
Now of course this is a personal opinion and I could just be unlucky and manged to meet the dumbest of the dumb in my travels in America. But without doubt the dumbest questions I have been asked is in America.

In the internet age I would hope this will change more and more, but consider being stuck in the midwest somewhere in Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska or someplace - you're hundreds of miles away from any metropolitan city. Over a thousand miles to any other country and then only Canada or Mexico or the Caribbean - add another few thousand to get most other places.

Now take Germany where you're surrounded by 9 other countries that are less than a day's drive or train ride and you're going to interact with a lot more foreigners.

I'm going to have to chalk up some of the added ignorance to purely geographical considerations.

Think about those distances - and consider there are people in Trini (POS) who never go "south" cause it too far...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 08:41:37 PM by e-man »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2006, 12:20:11 PM »

next time puh ah  :rotfl: .....,yuh nearly ketch meh dread,Filho wudda say yuh see wha ah mean  :rotfl:

ent?  ;D :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »
I see people hear cutting the journalist some slack. Would they do the same thing to a Dr. who make a bad diagnosis? I doubt it? It is the same thing as a professional you are suppose to be competent. Yes people make mistakes but I my late mother said make a beef next. If it was an ocassional thing but these jokers ar Fox eh know nuthin.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>