June 14, 2024, 01:33:38 PM

Author Topic: Coventry City Fan  (Read 7412 times)

Offline Stevie F

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Coventry City Fan
« on: August 12, 2006, 08:19:20 AM »
Good day to you all,

Just a note for you all to let you know why I have become a member of your excellent site.

In June of this year I, like many others, went to Germany to celebrate the 2006 World Cup Finals, I went with a good friend of mine called Mick and we were there supporting England, I have to say it was the best experience of my life to date and to my total amazement the Germans were awesome hosts, I did actually expect some hostility towards us but I witnessed quite the opposite.

Whilst I was there I met some fantastic people and the atmosphere was one that is hard to put into words unless you were there to experience it.

One person I met was a certain Triny called "Bally", my friend and I had gone for a walk and bumped into Bally who then stayed with us for the whole day and what a day that was. We found a bar where we sat for some drinks then we had some more drinks and guess what ------ we had even more drinks Lol

Bally, Myself and Mick laughed so much and attracted lots of interest at our table at the bar - maybe because we were very loud ( we laughter of course ), we had so many people joining us we virtually took over the bar with our new found friends, one person we did meet was possibly the most amazing guy I have ever met, his name was Russell Walker, he was a Navy Seal who was sitting at a table close by, he joined us at our request and immediately made us laugh by saying -

"hey guys I was just passing through Frankfurt and I didn't even know this shit was going on"

the 3 of us fell about laughing ( i guessed you have realised we laughed alto), I wanted to mention Russell because even to this day he did and said something to me that will stay with me for the rest of my life and this was it, after a few hours of drinking and, yes, laughing Russell asked me if I wanted to trade something with him, with that he handed me $1, I handed him £5, he then said hey thats worth too much and pushed $5 into my hand, it wasn't about the value I said to him but he told me he wanted me to keep it, after about another hour Russell said "hey Steve do you want my watch" I said I didn't have anything to give back to him but he insisted he wanted to give it to me, I took a look at Bally and his head was in his hands and he was shaking his head, i asked Bally what was wrong and he told me the watch was very very expensive, with this information I attempted to hand the watch back to Russell only to be confronted with these words - "don't f---Ing insult me I gave you the watch for you and want you to keep it safe, I may not be alive this time next week" - I was gobsmacked and gave him my hand and we shook.

Russell had to leave at about 7pm as he was on his way to Iraq - he shouldn't have done so but actually showed us his military card and flight tickets so he was totally genuine.

Bally came back after showing Russell to the tube and pointing him in the right direction and then told me the value of the watch, the watch is made by MOVED and is worth $5000.
It is something that will stay as part of me for the rest of my life and Russell Walker and Bally will be forever in my thoughts.

I just wanted to share this experience with you as Bally is actually a member of your site and had invited me to join you because I support a team that has 2 of your international players in it - Stern John and Chris Birchall

I would like to take this opportunity in thanking Bally for the invite and looking forward to being a member 

PS I have some pictures and will be making a website about my time I will post the site name for you all to see when I have finished it

Regards

Steve
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 05:42:26 AM by Stevie F »

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Coventry City Fan
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 08:23:25 AM »
Great to have you here...

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 08:25:39 AM »
Welcome Stevie  :beermug:
on this site 70% of us backing Stern all the time..the next 30%..well dem go say if it rain and flood..is Stern fault  ;D
But ah sure everybody hear backing 'Me Mum' 100%
nice interesting story btw  :)
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 08:29:44 AM »
Stevie welcome....

Bally tell meh that same story with de watch the next day (MOVADO) .... I heard all about you guys so its a pleasure to have you join de site... I am sure he will pass through to say hello
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 08:39:42 AM »
Welcome buddy... lets hope for a good relationships henceforth.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 08:43:50 AM »
Welcome Stevie  :beermug:
on this site 70% of us backing Stern all the time..the next 30%..well dem go say if it rain and flood..is Stern fault  ;D
But ah sure everybody hear backing 'Me Mum' 100%
nice interesting story btw  :)

Welcome Stevie. Enjoy it..

Feliz.. actually today i had to drive in Zero visibility rain.. It Was Sterns fault..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 09:17:50 AM »
A flikin Movado...All I get in germany for exchange was a hat.
But I did spend the better part of an afternoon drinking and singing songs with some Germans.
 :beermug: :beermug:
Skoal!

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 09:32:29 AM »
Or so dats why bally head was in his hand becoz u got de watch and not him  :devil:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 09:52:12 AM »
it real overcast now dread..................... Stern again

Més que un club.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 10:41:38 AM »
same thing here Oconnor and Disgruntled
dis man is trouble..he affecting climate as much as global warming
we go have to start calling he El Sterno or something  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 12:31:21 PM »
I have a Movado too.....Me and Navy Seal got it from the same place...anyone say Canal Street... :rotfl:

Anyways...genuine watch or not...the entire experience was definitely a great for you and everyone else who was fortunate to be there......a big welcome to you Stevie
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 06:29:04 PM »
the man never say he get a movado eh.
is allyuh say that.
The man get a genuine MOVED watch...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 10:43:27 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

TrinInfinite

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 10:53:12 AM »
Good day to you all,

Just a note for you all to let you know why I have become a member of your excellent site.

In June of this year I, like many others, went to Germany to celebrate the 2006 World Cup Finals, I went with a good friend of mine called Mick and we were there supporting England, I have to say it was the best experience of my life to date and to my total amazement the Germans were awesome hosts, I did actually expect some hostility towards us but I witnessed quite the opposite.

Whilst I was there I met some fantastic people and the atmosphere was one that is hard to put into words unless you were there to experience it.

One person I met was a certain Triny called "Bally", my friend and I had gone for a walk and bumped into Bally who then stayed with us for the whole day and what a day that was. We found a bar where we sat for some drinks then we had some more drinks and guess what ------ we had even more drinks Lol

Bally, Myself and Mick laughed so much and attracted lots of interest at our table at the bar - maybe because we were very loud ( we laughter of course ), we had so many people joining us we virtually took over the bar with our new found friends, one person we did meet was possibly the most amazing guy I have ever met, his name was Russell Walker, he was a Navy Seal who was sitting at a table close by, he joined us at our request and immediately made us laugh by saying -

"hey guys I was just passing through Frankfurt and I didn't even know this shit was going on"

the 3 of us fell about laughing ( i guessed you have realised we laughed alto), I wanted to mention Russell because even to this day he did and said something to me that will stay with me for the rest of my life and this was it, after a few hours of drinking and, yes, laughing Russell asked me if I wanted to trade something with him, with that he handed me $1, I handed him £5, he then said hey thats worth too much and pushed $5 into my hand, it wasn't about the value I said to him but he told me he wanted me to keep it, after about another hour Russell said "hey Steve do you want my watch" I said I didn't have anything to give back to him but he insisted he wanted to give it to me, I took a look at Bally and his head was in his hands and he was shaking his head, i asked Bally what was wrong and he told me the watch was very very expensive, with this information I attempted to hand the watch back to Russell only to be confronted with these words - "don't f---Ing insult me I gave you the watch for you and want you to keep it safe, I may not be alive this time next week" - I was gobsmacked and gave him my hand and we shook.

Russell had to leave at about 7pm as he was on his way to Iraq - he shouldn't have done so but actually showed us his military card and flight tickets so he was totally genuine.

Bally came back after showing Russell to the tube and pointing him in the right direction and then told me the value of the watch, the watch is made by MOVED and is worth $5000.
It is something that will stay as part of me for the rest of my life and Russell Walker and Bally will be forever in my thoughts.

I just wanted to share this experience with you as Bally is actually a member of your site and had invited me to join you because I support a team that has 2 of your international players in it - Stern John and Chris Birchall

I would like to take this opportunity in thanking Bally for the invite and looking forward to being a member 

PS I have some pictures and will be making a website about my time I will post the site name for you all to see when I have finished it

Regards

Steve

stevie you remember your friend who go the cd from another trini who with bally, i was there too, i think you were sitting outside the pub, you showed us the movado and i told you the price but you didnt believe me, told you so boss ;D

Offline Stevie F

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 12:14:08 PM »
Good day to you all,

Regards

Steve

stevie you remember your friend who go the cd from another trini who with bally, i was there too, i think you were sitting outside the pub, you showed us the movado and i told you the price but you didnt believe me, told you so boss ;D

Yes I remember you, the CD was of some guy who was gonna make it big in Canada right?

Its so good to have memories like these

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 12:18:30 PM »

Yes I remember you, the CD was of some guy who was gonna make it big in Canada right?

Its so good to have memories like these

he big already  :)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2006, 04:07:05 PM »
Hey Steve I haven’t been on the site all week end  thanks for jointing the site we appreciate your membership and you would love this site we love the game by the way I was planning to put your picture in the WN magazine I guess we have your permission to place your photos in the mag we feel free to post your views on the site we love having new posters with a different incite of the beautiful game.p.s I had to stop drinking after the 3 pints   :beermug: :beermug:  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Empty barrels make the most noise

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2006, 04:25:07 PM »
Bally...bro...ah not usually picky...buh yuh put 'pints", instead of 'gallon' or someting so......
wel yeah after 3 gallons is unnerstanable
is it 2 pints=1 quart
4 quarts= 1 gallon..
yuh musbe get ah lil tyeup, ent?    :devil:

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2006, 04:29:54 PM »
.  No medical reasons

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2006, 05:13:54 PM »
.  No medical reasons

sorry, Here yuh could get desinated drinkers long as yuh buyin

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 08:58:37 AM »
Welcome Stevie. Enjoy the site.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 09:10:29 AM »
eh a now bus a hard laugh orf a d el sterno!!!

allyuh go kill meh dread!!

in this case i as president has granted a pardon

oh and welcome stevie!! ah go give yuh a doubles in exchange for dat watch doh worry d price cuz a good doubles worth it weight in gold

PRESIDENT OF THE STERN FOR GOALS COMITTEE
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 11:43:34 AM »
welcome stevie. hope the sky blues get a win vs. leicester on friday.

Offline PortValeChris

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 12:32:22 PM »
Great post.  I hope Chris Me Mum Birchall does the business for you and I hope we don't miss him.  At the moment we have won three out of three and we are top of our division but it's early days yet.  Welcome to the site.  I joined late last year but I only meant to stay for a short while but these trinis they won't let me go.  ;D
PortValeChris  AKA The Former TVV from onevalefan. 

Port Vale  We want ah goal!!

To market, to market, with my uncle Jim
Somebody threw a tomato at him
Now, Tomatoes don't hurt with their soft juicy skin
But this one it knackered, 'cause it come in a tin

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2006, 12:37:47 PM »
Great post.  I hope Chris Me Mum Birchall does the business for you and I hope we don't miss him.  At the moment we have won three out of three and we are top of our division but it's early days yet.  Welcome to the site.  I joined late last year but I only meant to stay for a short while but these trinis they won't let me go.  ;D

Its not us

You decide to eat some online cascadoo

http://www.ethnonet.gold.ac.uk/illustrations/ch4illustrations/414asuperstitions/cascadoo.html
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline PortValeChris

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2006, 03:50:27 PM »
La Diablesse.  I think I maried her sister  :'(
PortValeChris  AKA The Former TVV from onevalefan. 

Port Vale  We want ah goal!!

To market, to market, with my uncle Jim
Somebody threw a tomato at him
Now, Tomatoes don't hurt with their soft juicy skin
But this one it knackered, 'cause it come in a tin

Offline Stevie F

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2006, 10:33:01 AM »
Hey Steve I haven’t been on the site all week end  thanks for jointing the site we appreciate your membership and you would love this site we love the game by the way I was planning to put your picture in the WN magazine I guess we have your permission to place your photos in the mag we feel free to post your views on the site we love having new posters with a different incite of the beautiful game.p.s I had to stop drinking after the 3 pints   :beermug: :beermug:  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hello all, I havent been on for two weeks I have been dodging bombs in Turkey- cant be safe anywhere in this world -

Bally were you impressed with the drinking prowess of myself and Mick?

See you all about

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2006, 11:18:58 AM »
Good day to you all,

Regards

Steve

Did he get that watch in Kuwait or IRAQ? Well then it is worth 80euros. but the thought is what counts. I am glad that he showed such friendliness.

WELCOME
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 01:01:39 PM »
La Diablesse.  I think I maried her sister  :'(

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2006, 02:22:58 PM »

Hello all, I havent been on for two weeks I have been dodging bombs in Turkey- cant be safe anywhere in this world - Bally were you impressed with the drinking prowess of myself and Mick?

See you all about
These two guy was drinking all day, the Yankee good fella but he got drunk reel quick I was dieing because these two English guys was drinking all day and the beer seem to have no effect on them by-the-way did you get the watch appraised to see if its real or not   

1]; } ?>