July 27, 2024, 12:03:56 AM

Author Topic: Watford 1-1 West Ham  (Read 4385 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Watford 1-1 West Ham
« on: August 22, 2006, 04:08:55 PM »
BBCSPORT
By Chris Bevan

Watford had to work hard to pick up their first point of the season in an entertaining draw with West Ham.

The Hornets came closest to scoring in the first half when Marlon King flicked Hameur Bouazza's cross against a post.

West Ham upped the pace after the break only for Watford to take the lead when King smashed the ball into the top corner from the edge of the area.

However, Bobby Zamora replied instantly by bundling home Paul Konchesky's cross to continue West Ham's unbeaten start.

Watford had been unlucky to lose out against Everton on the opening day of the season and they were clearly keen to make amends on home turf.

Aidy Boothroyd's side showed plenty of industry and effort in the opening minutes and had the best chances of the first half.

They were desperately close to taking the lead when Bouazza surged down the left and sent in a cross that King side-footed against the far post.

The Hornets' tactics were to get the ball into the box as often as possible and they almost paid dividends again soon after.

Another Bouazza cross was met by the head of Darius Henderson and Ashley Young reacted quickly to send an acrobatic overhead kick bouncing just wide.

The Hammers were struggling to create chances but they at least looked strong down the flanks where Konchesky and John Paintsil - on his first start - got forward at every opportunity.

But it was only after the break that the visitors began to put the Watford defence under any real pressure.

A deep cross from the impressive Paintsil was headed straight at Watford keeper Ben Foster by Konchesky.

And Foster was called into action again soon after when Harewood and Zamora linked up on the edge of the area, allowing Bowyer to drive in a low shot which the Watford keeper had to scramble to save.

Watford had only threatened sporadically since the restart but surprisingly took the lead on 63 minutes.

Ashley Young teed up King on the edge of the area and the former Gillingham striker sent his shot rocketing past the helpless Roy Carroll.

But the home side's lead lasted only seconds before West Ham were level.

Konchesky found space on the left and his low cross hit Zamora on the knee and flew into the net despite the best efforts of goalkeeper Ben Foster.

Straight after their equaliser, Hammers boss Alan Pardew sent on Teddy Sheringham and Yossi Benayoun for Marlon Harewood and Danny Gabbidon and switched his formation from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2.

Veteran striker Sheringham, 40, was making his 700th League appearance but he could not influence the outcome here.

It was Watford who came closest to grabbing a winner when only a superb save by Carroll stopped Anton Ferdinand from deflecting King's cross into his own net from close range.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watford: Foster, Doyley, DeMerit, Shittu, Powell, Bouazza (Priskin 73), Francis, Mahon (Spring 45), Young, King, Henderson.
Subs Not Used: Lee, Stewart, Mackay.

Goals: King 63.

West Ham: Carroll, Paintsil, Ferdinand, Gabbidon (Benayoun 66), Collins, Konchesky, Bowyer, Mullins, Reo-Coker, Harewood (Sheringham 66), Zamora (Cole 83).
Subs Not Used: Walker, Dailly.

Goals: Zamora 65.

Att: 18,344

Ref: M Atkinson (W Yorkshire).

« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 04:10:30 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Watford 1-1 West Ham
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 04:11:42 PM »
ok, i know i am not the only one thinking it so i will go ahead and say it...zamora is on fire this season.  the man like he have a serious bad mind against all who doubted his ability.  let's see if he keeps it up.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 04:18:58 PM »
ok, i know i am not the only one thinking it so i will go ahead and say it...zamora is on fire this season.  the man like he have a serious bad mind against all who doubted his ability.  let's see if he keeps it up.

Well.....I didn't see the game today....but Zamora's 2 goals on Saturday were hardly highlight reel material.  First one was a tap in about 2 inches away from the goal line.

The 2nd one.....MY GOD....that was one a de jokiest goals I see fuh a while.  De man get a ball in de box...pelt he foot behind de ball....BAWL OUT FUH WASA one time as he totally miskick.....de ball dribble bout 12 time before it trickle over de line wit everybody watchin.  A flukesier goal yuh couldn't hope to see.

On fire?  On paper.  In reality....not really.  At least...not after saturday game anyway.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 05:34:40 PM »
plus the goal today was a deflection...."Konchesky found space on the left and his low cross hit Zamora on the knee and flew into the net despite the best efforts of goalkeeper Ben Foster." that doh sould like a strike to me...but at least he get ah goal.. ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 05:38:27 PM »
Sound like Zamora scoring some Stern-esque goals!!

Oh Gawd!!  :o What ah say?? lemmeh hush meh mouth :-X   ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 05:56:52 PM »
Zamora Gonna Collect Some England Caps Soon.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 06:02:47 PM »

You on something banned.  It have man like Rooney, Crouch, Defoe, Bent, Beatie, Johnson and company, and you calling Zamora.  He about 15th in line to get called up.  He need to do it for at least mid-season, before they start calling he name for a possible call-up.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 06:05:58 PM »

He does play cricket too?  Cause he sooner get dah cap playin cricket dan football.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 06:57:57 PM »
Zamora Gonna Collect Some England Caps Soon

...de only cap he getting from England is ah baseball cap or ah stingy brim.

True, he has scored 3 goals in 2 games,they might not have been pretty but if he continues to tap in or miss kick his way to 20 goals this season i'm sure WH wud not be complaining....but I still doh see him getting call up for England,not talented enough IMO.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 07:18:19 PM »
Zamora Gonna Collect Some England Caps Soon

...de only cap he getting from England is ah baseball cap or ah stingy brim.

True, he has scored 3 goals in 2 games,they might not have been pretty but if he continues to tap in or miss kick his way to 20 goals this season i'm sure WH wud not be complaining....but I still doh see him getting call up for England,not talented enough IMO.
Who said he was gonna end being a regular, going to the euro champ WC etc or was even talented enough for the england, I know how this system works, I see england football(doh bother bring up that arguement that I got gol TV or fox sports because thats not what I mean ::) ) in my face all the time so I know its gonna happen.

Michael Ricketts has a damn england cap. He will get an call up, if he will get one after that I dont know.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 07:23:34 PM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 07:20:47 PM »

You on something banned.  It have man like Rooney, Crouch, Defoe, Bent, Beatie, Johnson and company, and you calling Zamora.  He about 15th in line to get called up.  He need to do it for at least mid-season, before they start calling he name for a possible call-up.

LMAO just because he had his little run.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 07:27:17 PM »
I post this because ah kind ah backing watford this season..yuh know but say wha is now jack should use his strings
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 07:47:18 PM »
I post this because ah kind ah backing watford this season..yuh know but say wha is now jack should use his strings
For Wha? Nuff Man on here dislike Zamora (Even showed some people true colours), Leave Zamora be.

Good Luck To Watford Though, I HOPE (let me underline that word before people jump on my back) Marlon King gets 20 goals and A. Young gets and England Under 21 Call up or JA call up.
good players

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 07:49:38 PM »
For Wha? Nuff Man on here dislike Zamora (Even showed some people true colours), Leave Zamora be.

Good Luck To Watford Though, I HOPE (let me underline that word before people jump on my back) Marlon King gets 20 goals and A. Young gets and England Under 21 Call up or JA call up.
good players

nope young is under 21 material and he neva shwoed up for training for the reggae boyz . he should heep away from the rbz

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 07:56:42 PM »

good players

nope young is under 21 material and he neva shwoed up for training for the reggae boyz . he should keep away from the rbz

:rotfl:

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 03:59:18 AM »
For somebody who was trying to storm his way into the Soca Warriors line up, just to play in the WC, you would think Zamora would have the sense to at least be friendly with Shaka, as he's one of our elder statesmen in the game. Not ah chance. From what I was told, he never really talk to Shaka, or tried to form any friendship other than the usual changing room banter. Never even said more than hi a time or two to Shaka's wife. Not a friendly person atall. I know real men were overjoyed when he get blank. Jloyd was lil different, cause he born Trini and never tried to hide it.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 04:32:40 AM »
and how you know that redtrinigirl? you close with shaka's wife
Hart for president

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 06:23:40 AM »
I saw the game and Zamora scored a good goal this time.

But the game was entertaining and i saw nothing in watford that would make me suggest that they would survive and that carlos would not start on this team.

A. Young looked good and M. King is ah borse, and Shittu is ah borse too at de back, but odder than that, that side is ah bake side!!

ah love it!!

Chelsea!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 06:42:22 AM »

But the game was entertaining and i saw nothing in watford that would make me suggest that they would survive and that carlos would not start on this team.

A. Young looked good and M. King is ah borse, and Shittu is ah borse too at de back, but odder than that, that side is ah bake side!!

ah love it!!

Chelsea!!

The question is do you think watford is ah better side than luton town and is carlos deserving of a place in the watford line up,I understand carlos loyalty to luton but what exactly was his reasoning for not taking the offer,could someone help me on this I missed it...............   

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 06:47:15 AM »
For somebody who was trying to storm his way into the Soca Warriors line up, just to play in the WC, you would think Zamora would have the sense to at least be friendly with Shaka, as he's one of our elder statesmen in the game. Not ah chance. From what I was told, he never really talk to Shaka, or tried to form any friendship other than the usual changing room banter. Never even said more than hi a time or two to Shaka's wife. Not a friendly person atall. I know real men were overjoyed when he get blank. Jloyd was lil different, cause he born Trini and never tried to hide it.

lol well thanks for this new yuh should have posted this b4 the WC

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 06:48:01 AM »

ah love it!!

Chelsea!!

The question is do you think watford is ah better side than luton town and is carlos deserving of a place in the watford line up,I understand carlos loyalty to luton but what exactly was his reasoning for not taking the offer,could someone help me on this I missed it...............   

His club rejected the offer

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 06:50:07 AM »

ah love it!!

Chelsea!!

His club rejected the offer

Thanks Triniman appreciated..........Peace.

Offline ffreturns

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 07:58:55 PM »
Zamora is 24/25 in a year or 2 he would probably score 20+ goals a season that would make him the top English striker in the league  that would definitely give him a English call up. He looks like a pure forward somebody that can score allot of goals which is something that the rest of the English forwards cannot do, unlike the bunch of haters on this site i wish him all the best i would feel proud to see a born trini or a person with trini heritage play for a team like England.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 08:10:16 PM »
I don't have any animosity for Zamora, but the truth is that he is far down the pecking order in the England ranks, and it would take a great half season to earn a call-up.  Lets be honest, he would not have even be first choice for West ham if Ashton didn't break his ankle.  He took the opportunity, and is doing his bit to stake a claim for the starting spot, even after Ashton returns.  My take:  he will have to do a lot to earn an England call-up.  There is at least 7 guys in front of him right now.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 08:24:43 PM by Tenorsaw »

1]; } ?>