June 04, 2024, 05:29:28 AM

Author Topic: Tobago United cant win? Why?  (Read 5103 times)

Offline Swede

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Tobago United cant win? Why?
« on: July 20, 2006, 03:50:02 PM »
Tobago United seams to not have the quality to win one single match. Are they to weak the whole team?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tobago United cant win? Why?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 05:19:55 PM »
yes they are weak very verrrrrrrrrrrrrry weak and poorly coached you could say
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 08:40:31 AM »
The problem with Tobago United is Granville's philosophy. It's not that he is a bad coach - he is quite knowledgeable, and good technically. When he started this team  he only wanted players that he considered very disciplined, he refused to sign the so-called "rude boy" even though he knew that the majority of talented Tobagonian ballers would fall into that category - players that would show up late to training, willing to cuss other players, and even disrespect refs etc ala Carrington, Ashley MacMillian and on, and on, and on.

Also, Peter's does have a heavy personality, and historically Tobagonians have had a hard time dealing with folks like that.

If he changes his philosophy, and tweak his personality, I assure you the better Tobagonian ballers would seriously consider playing for him. I have had conversations with several of the better Tobagonian ballers, including some foreign based players they will play for him if he changes his attitude towards some of them, and those who would play for him don't want to play if some of the players listed below are not on the team.

A truly representative Tobago United roster will include the following along with about 12 from the curent squad:
GK - Richard Goddard (Toronto Lynx - USL A-League)
DF - Oz Taylor
DF - Makan Hislop (upon return fron college)
DF - Cyd Gray (If no foreign contract, and they give him around $60- $80,000 TT per year)
MF - Hayden Fitzwilliams
MF - Devon Leacock
MF - Keon Daniel
MF - Darren Toby (upon return from college)
F - Kevin Nelson
F - Micheal Carrington
F - Ashley MacMillian

A Tobago team, or any team for that matter that includes the above will most certainly be near the top of T&T pro football. Also a Tobago United team that includes a majority would attract sponsorship from corporate Tobago, and we know them hotels "makin paper".

« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 08:42:18 AM by Baygo Boy »

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 09:04:35 AM »

A truly representative Tobago United roster will include the following along with about 12 from the curent squad:

i dont think Richard G playing ball this year...ah wonder if he would go back home to play?
Richard G....wah yuh say?

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 09:08:37 AM »
Richard is playing, and will go if paper is adequate

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 09:10:26 AM »

who he playing with?? cause he and the lynx cut ties unless they take him back??

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 09:29:18 AM »
fitzwilliams is a boss player
baygo boy no colin phillips or duncan?

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 02:10:53 PM »
Carrington i like, he just score a best goal this week, loads of talent.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 05:52:19 PM »
Why do we not encourage the players to arrive early for training, stop cussing the refs etc. Why is it that Grenville must lower his standards for some uncultured men.

As much as I would want to cuss my boss I cannot if I want to continue to be in his employ. The same should go for fotballers as this is their job I assume.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 06:46:14 PM »
Why do we not encourage the players to arrive early for training, stop cussing the refs etc. Why is it that Grenville must lower his standards for some uncultured men.

As much as I would want to cuss my boss I cannot if I want to continue to be in his employ. The same should go for fotballers as this is their job I assume.

I made this point on the last Tobago United Thread. The players do not see playing for TU as a job. That is one of the main problems.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 06:47:02 PM »

who he playing with?? cause he and the lynx cut ties unless they take him back??
I think he went back to then, not sure. It was posted here the other day.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 06:51:40 PM »

See here

http://www.a-league.com/news/2006/news,2006,0067.shtml

This was one month after he was released so it seems he is back with them.

(P.S. ah tief this from Tallman)

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 06:57:41 PM »

See here

http://www.a-league.com/news/2006/news,2006,0067.shtml

This was one month after he was released so it seems he is back with them.

(P.S. ah tief this from Tallman)

thanks ras, i missed that

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 11:01:38 AM »

I agree. I am not condoning indiscipline, but don't call your team Tobago United, and not have it be a truely representive Tobago team that most 'bagonians would be pleased with and proud of.  Also, Peter is in a position to help the so-called rude boys become "better" individuals through football -  BSC did it for years.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 11:04:55 AM by Baygo Boy »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006, 11:03:49 AM »
So why is it so hard to get rid of this Peter Grandville ? is he the Jack Warner of Tobago.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 11:09:04 AM »
Peter is a co-owner of Tobago United. Peter is a good coach, but he doesn't seem willing to work with our "at risk" ballers, who are some of our better players.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 11:14:37 AM »
Just a question...can tobago support 2 PFL/Super League teams? if so why don't they try to have a rival team to spark competition? those of you in tobago might be able to answer this.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 11:27:20 AM »
DeSoWa, Yes we can, but the clubs need to change the prevailing mind-set as regards who or what this game is about. The clubs need to recognize that this game is only about 2 groups of people - those that play it, and those that watch it. Those in the middle (Administrators) are mere facilitators. If we can get them to understand this, it would be so much easier for them to create a "real" footballing athmosphere in Tobago. I am confident that we can see sell out venues like we did in the past, if our clubs focus on during what's right for the players and their fans.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2006, 06:24:47 PM »
DF - Cyd Gray (If no foreign contract, and they give him around $60- $80,000 TT per year)

Cyd is a big player daz shit money for him....dey go hadda pay he $120,000tt per year for d least

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2006, 07:20:51 PM »

Exactly.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2006, 07:27:10 PM »
The problem with Tobago United is Granville's philosophy. It's not that he is a bad coach - he is quite knowledgeable, and good technically. When he started this teamĀ  he only wanted players that he considered very disciplined, he refused to sign the so-called "rude boy" even though he knew that the majority of talented Tobagonian ballers would fall into that category - players that would show up late to training, willing to cuss other players, and even disrespect refs etc ala Carrington, Ashley MacMillian and on, and on, and on.

Also, Peter's does have a heavy personality, and historically Tobagonians have had a hard time dealing with folks like that.

If he changes his philosophy, and tweak his personality, I assure you the better Tobagonian ballers would seriously consider playing for him. I have had conversations with several of the better Tobagonian ballers, including some foreign based players they will play for him if he changes his attitude towards some of them, and those who would play for him don't want to play if some of the players listed below are not on the team.

DF - Oz Taylor
DF - Makan Hislop (upon return fron college)
MF - Hayden Fitzwilliams
MF - Devon Leacock
MF - Keon Daniel
MF - Darren Toby (upon return from college)
F - Kevin Nelson
F - Micheal Carrington
F - Ashley MacMillian

A Tobago team, or any team for that matter that includes the above will most certainly be near the top of T&T pro football. Also a Tobago United team that includes a majority would attract sponsorship from corporate Tobago, and we know them hotels "makin paper".

funny... i know some people that have known Cyd for a long time and appearantly he's always fallen under the "rude boy" disiplin category... refusing to train... and such...

I suppose with major talent comes a major ego.

and... from what I hear Granville is a very well rounded coach... i really dont know whats going on with this team.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2006, 08:02:33 PM »

Cyd is a big player daz shit money for him....dey go hadda pay he $120,000tt per year for d least

Teflon, Cyd no even getting near that at Jabloteh, and that's a fact.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2006, 05:16:03 PM »
bago utd in even more trouble cause it get so bad now that no one willl want to be the 1st team to lose to them.
The rest of the league gonna play them really hard to avoid that distinction.
good luck

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2006, 05:23:44 PM »
Tobago United was to sign a goalkeeper from florida name Troy Marquis  but things didnt go rite according to my source
bajanscout

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 06:53:34 AM »
So why is it so hard to get rid of this Peter Grandville ? is he the Jack Warner of Tobago.
honestly, if any coach in any league gets results the way tobago utd gets results then that coach would be long gone. there must be some catch.
Hart for president

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 07:11:28 AM »
honestly, if any coach in any league gets results the way tobago utd gets results then that coach would be long gone. there must be some catch.

he owns the club i think
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006, 10:19:31 AM »
ah. that would do the trick
Hart for president

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2006, 04:45:41 AM »
to my friend bago boy the tourism moni that comes to tobago doesnt stay there as the majority of the hotels and resturaunts are foreign owned .

BSC coaching was able to dominate tobago footballl for many ah year with their very disiplined approach. so this fear of rude boys thing  by granville as alleged by bago boy isnt vey accurate. the "big" coaches in bago have  a bit of a ego and rivarly prob and that affects how they go about certain things.

1stly at the inception of this club, the way tobago utd went about getting players from their village clubs left a bitter taste in many ah mouth . this coupled with players not being paid for many months during the 1st season resulted in many of  the playas just leaving . so yes the best playas on the island r not playing for the team but the playas that r playing  r not all that weak as the results suggest so i believe the problem lies elswhere.( can som1 say granville)

the strongest tobago team i have seen assemblied was the stokely vale team ( this team had 3 of the u17 2001 team as starters)that particpated in the super league for the past 2 yeears though highly inconsistent  they probably had the best head to head result against joe public
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Swede

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Tobago United still dead last?
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 03:40:47 PM »
Tobago United is still dead last in table? what is the problem?

Cant they sign some new good players?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 05:09:14 PM »
ok swede it have some player yuh should look at it the league

1]; } ?>