June 09, 2024, 09:20:43 AM

Author Topic: Chancellor 'lobbied' for Andrews  (Read 8099 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Chancellor 'lobbied' for Andrews
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2006, 09:15:26 AM »
whey fooote brick, ya up an at it real early today. wha happen even ya dustbin terroriser ent want to play wid you today. anyway have a good one eh
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2006, 09:44:23 AM »
Bricktop I cyah support yuh there at all. I lived in Cayman for a year and went Jamiaca plenty times and if is one ting de like is Trini men. Yet check dem Jamiacan in UWi Trinidad......................salt

Dem bow....... dem bow, dem bow, dem bow
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2006, 10:03:36 AM »
Doh raise allyuh blood pressure nah

De man drownin in ah sea of desperate attention

Imagine he have de audacity to make fun of trini names and 2/3's of de people in he country named Donovan....de nex 3rd named either claudette, suzette or yvette

He know he wrong
All ah dem know someting wrong wit dat country

Why allyuh think dey have ah big X on dey flag?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 10:11:28 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2006, 10:33:05 AM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bricktop

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2006, 11:07:45 AM »
Yuh have a SCUBA DIVING flag fi represent unnuh country suh unnuh nuh haffi come up for air when unnuh a nyam out unnuh gyal  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2006, 11:28:12 AM »
 This gone rel off topic yes...Bricktop, fellas like allyuh always looking for confusion...It doh make sense...This rel off topic...There will always be a rivalry...but this forum is to discuss football...Minors may grace the forum...Keep it clean nah fellas..And Bricktop, if you don't like Trinbagonian stuff so much, then why are you on a T&T website...This is baffling...I would like to see your views on certain topics regarding football, not on what people do with their women and foolishness like that :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:...Bless...Go T&T

Offline Bricktop

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2006, 11:32:25 AM »
This gone rel off topic yes...Bricktop, fellas like allyuh always looking for confusion...It doh make sense...This rel off topic...There will always be a rivalry...but this forum is to discuss football...Minors may grace the forum...Keep it clean nah fellas..And Bricktop, if you don't like Trinbagonian stuff so much, then why are you on a T&T website...This is baffling...I would like to see your views on certain topics regarding football, not on what people do with their women and foolishness like that :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:...Bless...Go T&T
But they keep TROLLING and TROLLING is not even allowed on the site  ;D Alright serious ting now I am ready to answer any football questions you may have  ;D

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2006, 02:25:09 PM »
I thought we lost Marv there for a second, glad to see him back, I am however concerned about that knee, he has to take care of that sooner or later

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2006, 12:57:06 PM »
this article sheds more light into Dog's perspective:

MARVIN Andrews is set to lead Raith Rovers' return to the heart of the community.
Fife Today

The international defender has rejoined his first Scottish club under a unique three-year deal.
He will not only play for Rovers — he will lead a new trust aimed at directly at tackling the problems facing the town's young people.
He will steer the Marvin Andrews Youth Development Trust, which will promote youth work and pioneer new initiatives to help improve services for young folk across the town.

Work on the creation of the Trust will begin in earnest this weekend, but it already has the backing of the club, manager Craig Levein, Gordon Brown MP and Marilyn Livingston MSP, while the Fife Free Press has also offered its support.
One of the first tasks will be to tap into the funding available for community work with young people, and make contact with established local groups.
The news of Andrews' return is a huge coup for the club both on and off the field, He was approached by a number of top-flight clubs in Scotland and England, but turned them all down to return to Rovers and take his career in a new direction.
His faith also played a huge role in coming to the decision to return to Stark's Park.
Newly ordained as a pastor at the Zion Praise Centre in Kirkcaldy, Andrews explained: ''Life isn't about money. That doesn't bring happiness. I prayed for direction and God guided me. ''
''My concern is for our youths,'' he said. ''They have no role models to look up to — no help whatsoever. They are being destroyed by drugs and alcohol and I believe this is an opportunity to offer help; to do something with their lives, and fulfil the talent they are blessed with.''

The new trust will extend its remit far beyond Stark's Park, but it aims to make sport — and particularly football — a cornerstone of its new campaign to develop youth community work.
Andrews has already spoken with Gordon Brown and members of the board as well as manager Craig Levein and believes his new trust can make a difference.
''I want to encourage people to fulfil their talent whether it is playing football, singing, or dancing — whatever their interest may be,'' he said. ''I will pray to God to ask what it is I should do, and he will guide me. He knows the beginning and the end, but I see very positive things happening. We must give our young people the opportunity to grow.''
Rovers have pledged their full support for Andrews' new Trust, and his community role has also been warmly welcomed by the town's leading politicians.
Gordon Brown MP, who met with Andrews and worked behind the scenes to help make it happen, said: ''To have a player of Marvin's stature and experience at the club is fantastic, but this new agreement also extends deep into the community. I am sure the groups and organisations which work with Marvin will be delighted.
''Praise must also go to Marvin for his decision to return to Raith, and I know the club will work very closely with him over the next few months and offer every support that it can.''
Marilyn Livingstone MSP, who sits on the community group formed out of the Press-led Reclaim the Rovers campaign, also welcomed the return of the fans' favourite in his new dual role.
''We said throughout the campaign that we wanted Raith to become a community club and this is now coming to the fore with developments like this. It is tremendous news for the club and the community; encouraging and very positive.
''We will be working with Marvin to help draw up a programme of events — this is very good news for the town.''
Manager Craig Levein explained: ''I knew he wasn't playing and thought we could arrange some training, but it became apparent that there were other opportunities we could explore.
''Gordon Brown showed great drive and determination to make this deal work and I am delighted that Marvin has signed a three-year deal.
''We will assist him in anyway we can – not only in setting up the Trust but in running it and encouraging the business community to invest in it.''

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2006, 01:11:30 PM »
  More context as to what motivates  Marvin.
Sorry to be a bit off topic.

Scotland tops UN danger list with 'booze and blades' culture
NICHOLAS CHRISTIAN

SCOTLAND is the most violent country in the developed world, according to a new report from the United Nations.

When murder is excluded, Scots are almost three times more likely to be the victims of assault than Americans, while England and Wales have proportionately the second highest number of attacks.

The study, based on telephone interviews with victims of crime in 21 countries, found that more than 2,000 Scots are attacked every week.

Scotland now tops the list as the world's most dangerous place, ahead also of Australia and New Zealand in joint third place.

The crimes covered by the figures include assaults, although they exclude muggings on the streets, sexually-related violence and homicides.

They reveal the level of violent attacks in Scotland are nearly 10 times higher than police figures suggest.

In the past 20 years, violent crime has doubled in Scotland to reach a level comparable with 'third world' cities such as Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, which are traditionally regarded as much more dangerous.

Experts believe the rise in violence has been fuelled by a "booze and blades" culture in Scotland, which sees the worst violence coming from young males aged between 15 and 25.

According to the UN study, 3% of Scots had been victims of violence, compared with 2.8% in England and Wales and 2% in the United States.

Japan was the least violent country with just 0.1% being attacked, followed by Italy, Portugal, Austria and then the Netherlands.

Jan Van Dijk, head of analysis at the UN Interregional Crime and Justice Research Unit, said: "Our survey is more accurate than the official figures because there is a huge proportion of crimes that go unreported.

"We have seen a trend in Scotland and the proportion has almost doubled since 1989 and risen from 19% in 1996. This is very significant and is a clear upward trend."

Since the beginning of the year, there have been 145 attempted murders and 1,100 serious assaults with knives in Scotland. But a recent audit of Glasgow hospital departments showed that only half of stabbings had been reported to the police.

Recent victims include a 14-year-old schoolboy from Glasgow, who lost an eye after he was hit in the face with a bottle during an unprovoked attack. A 17-year-old girl from Edinburgh was left unconscious after being punched, kicked and stamped on by a gang of girls.

The disturbing rise in 'happy slappy' attacks, where youths film assaults on victims on their mobile phones, has also contributed to the growing culture of violence.

Many attacks go unreported, but with clips of the incidents being shared between the thugs, they are becoming increasingly violent.

David Ritchie, an accident and emergency consultant at Glasgow's Victoria Infirmary, said that the UN figures were a "national disgrace".

He said: "There is a culture of violence in this country. You can buy a crossbow in the city centre, a knife with a 12-inch blade, a machete. What message does that send out?"

The UN study backs up the results of an investigation from earlier this year carried out by the think-tank Civitas, which found that the UK had one of the world's highest crime rates.

It described the rise of crime in Britain as "so spectacular it was difficult to comprehend".

First Minister Jack McConnell has pledged to clamp down on knife crime in Scotland with a five-point programme including a licensing scheme for retailers.

He is also aiming to make it much harder for dangerous criminals to qualify for bail while they are accused of violent crimes.

But police believe the country's culture of heavy drinking is the main reason behind the rising levels of thuggery.

Commander Chris Allison, head of the alcohol and licensing group at the Association of Chief Police Officers, said police were struggling to cope with the amount of drink-fuelled violence.

He said: "All we are ever dealing with is people who have drunk too much. We are having to keep a lid on that symptom, every night of every week in every town and village up and down the country."

Related topic

* Law and Order
      http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=307

This article: http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1957512005

Last updated: 17-Sep-05 00:38 BST

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2006, 01:46:50 PM »
Yuh have a SCUBA DIVING flag fi represent unnuh country suh unnuh nuh haffi come up for air when unnuh a nyam out unnuh gyal  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

First of all.....no man fi dis anedda man country flag. Jamaica and Trinidad's flag is beautiful. They both represent something proud in each nation's history!

I am a product of both nations and I will not stand for any disrespect to either one.

Bricktop...mi born a Jamaica and mi live inna US now but every post I read by you gets dumb and dumber as the thread goes further. You seem to have an obsession wid bowcat business. yu nuh stop talk bout it.....why is that? you love dweet? ;D
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

1]; } ?>