June 16, 2024, 02:36:02 PM

Author Topic: B'dos UWI Principal son commits murder  (Read 4317 times)

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
B'dos UWI Principal son commits murder
« on: January 09, 2007, 09:05:43 PM »
http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20070105/lead/lead1.html
published: Friday | January 5, 2007

AN ARGUMENT over ganja has left the son of Supreme Court judge Lennox Campbell dead and the son of principal of the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill campus, facing a charge of murder.

Rodney Beckles, 21, whose father, Professor Hilary Beckles, was en route to Jamaica from Barbados yesterday, is now in police custody after stabbing to death Khalil Campbell, 28, of Daisy Avenue, St. Andrew.

The accused Beckles, a student at the University of the West Indies, Mona campus, allegedly stabbed Campbell 21 times after an argument over the illegal substance.

Police sources say Beckles is alleged to have denied Campbell the opportunity to smoke his chillum pipe, claiming Campbell was not mentally capable of 'handling the weed'. An altercation developed during which Beckles allegedly stabbed Campbell several times despite attempts by two other persons to restrain him.

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: B'dos UWI Principal son commits murder
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 09:06:49 PM »
ah know this happen last wk and is old news and serious business but i just find this funny
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 09:18:27 PM by Patterson »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 09:17:04 PM »
yuh see ..  drugs is kill
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 03:02:55 PM »
dang, i see man do all kinda ting when they smoke lambsbread but i never see man get on dred so. like he was the one who couldn't handle the weed. a shame though, two lives destroyed...unless the fella father pull some strings and get him off lightly.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 03:31:40 PM »
ah know this happen last wk and is old news and serious business but i just find this funny

Why funny?
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 04:09:33 PM »
"not mentally capable of handing the weed"
that would explain the 21 times.

ya honor in ah case like dis, could he plea temporary insanity ?
he could easily say dey devil talk to meh or ah didn't know what ah was doing.

well ah guessing since dey weed out he system by now, what would be the case ?

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 04:10:42 PM »
nah he had to be on something else to stab a man 21 times.  is 21 times yuh know!  ganja doh have people so.
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 04:15:19 PM »
wha bout rage and weed together ?
cause ah know of ah husband dat stab his wife 17 times without the weed involved
when dey police catch up wid him, he said i was damn vex.
he dead in jail tho

allyuh remember dat case ? shirley wilson a music teacher (mine too) getting ah divorced from she husband went to the husband's (their home) house in valsyn accompanied by the police to collect some items when dey husband let her in he lock dey bedroom door behind her her stabbed her 17 times, he then tried to commit suicide with ah stab to dey thoat.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 04:23:10 PM by Sista Mary Gertrude »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 10:56:24 PM »
llyuh remember dat case ? shirley wilson a music teacher (mine too) getting ah divorced from she husband went to the husband's (their home) house in valsyn accompanied by the police to collect some items when dey husband let her in he lock dey bedroom door behind her her stabbed her 17 times, he then tried to commit suicide with ah stab to dey thoat.

I eh sure if is the same case i thinking bout...but i believe that had some element of fustration/bitterness involved too. Just as in this case......the agressor probably was harbouring something against the victim and one lead to a next. I go find it hard to believe he gets away though. The victim's father is a supreme court judge. I doubt he letting that pass. Just goes to show you how the lives of many "respected" in society really are. Tragically sad in a way.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 11:11:15 PM »
I did some independent research and the respondents all claimed dat weed does mellow yuh out and it must ah have some crack/cocaine involved in dat ting/incident.

Weed does make yuh want to share dey tell me.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 09:26:02 AM »
Drugs??? wah happen wid yu pecan?? weed in no drugs...dat is de healing of de nation!!!!!!!!!!
doh insult mi nah calling de ting drugs!!!!!!!!
war..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 10:54:25 AM »
Drugs??? wah happen wid yu pecan?? weed in no drugs...dat is de healing of de nation!!!!!!!!!!
doh insult mi nah calling de ting drugs!!!!!!!!
war..

apologies man ....

i eh want to give de herb a bad name ....

ah going to watch some Cheech and Chong ..."Up in Smoke"
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

1]; } ?>