May 29, 2024, 02:58:44 AM

Author Topic: What does playing for Trinbago really mean  (Read 7838 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
What does playing for Trinbago really mean
« on: February 06, 2007, 10:34:34 AM »
Every time you put on that jersey, shorts and sock....in the colors of red, white and black....you have now accepted the huge responsibility of REPRESENTING Trinidad and Tobago. Not just being on the field to gain ranks amongst your friends to say "I playing for d national team" or to gain caps to help you earn a work permit to leave Trinidad shores.

In fact, you are not considered a hit-man...willing to die while in the field battling....putting yourself at risk......willing to run until you drop........to be focused on ONE target for 90-120 minutes.......to deliver the goods......

Players are now considered ambassadors....hired to complete a job.....to bring success and glory back to the little island of Trinidad and Tobago...to improve and/or reduce political/societal tension within our country.

Most players in Trinidad and Tobago do not share these types of sentiments. One factor that can account for that is our culture...we are naturally a party culture and a laid back type of people......very lackluster......

When we have players working hard, tackling wind..... Trinidadians say that they are "wild"....that they are Tarzan....that they cannot play......

But it is this "wildness" aka which is seen in top football nation as...... high work rate, intensity, passion, love, drive, willingness to run until you drop/die for your country....that is badly needed by our socawarriors. So how do we instill these qualities into our players? Increase motivation........above all but among others.

Most of our players play for the fans, girls, money....and these are statements I hear with my own hears.

Is that the type of players that we want playing for Trinidad? Guess what....reality check!

To see our midfielders jogging around the field as if it is a practice match.....with no authority....with no aggression.... with no speed.... with no leadership.....and having one man trying his best up top....in that of Darryl Roberts...tackling.....shooting.....hustling....striker turns midfielder and defender......steups!!

We have the wrong concept of football.....if someone is a good dribbler we say "he bad" even if he dribble out of bounds or always dribbling backward.......or dribble, dribble and slow down the game when a counter-attack was one.......steups!!!! Too much immature supporters at the games (with a good few on this forum). I can't even call you guys "fans" because a fan knows the game and will reject that type of football if it is unnecessary.

Football is a team sport....we need a collective effort to get results........we need everyone to be buzzing like a bee......for everyone to share the same goal and ambition.......

Kingman
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 10:39:06 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What does playing for Trinbago really mean
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 10:51:12 AM »
Well said Kingman well said indeed. When you put on that uniform you have a duty to the country and its fans and thats a responsibility that some of these plays dont look like they can handle.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 11:05:54 AM »
Kingman you made some VALID POINTS. I agree with you 100 %. Fitness is killing T&T football, the men them getting beaten to every ball . The keys to successful teams usually lie with the mid field play. A good MIDFEILD is tantamount to success as they ease up the defence and the strikers.

T&T is known to have attcaking players, however we don`t have many good midfeilders . We desperately need more DEFENSIVE mids . We lacking in that department bad bad........The best defensive mids in our set up are Birchall and Dwight !!.......The rest of them is a set a ball watchers.

I agree with Kingman alot of it has to do with our culture, we are exceptionally laid back and when men play hard the 1s thing is " Da man Hyper" WAH wrong wid he !! Cause in Trini we love to gallery and pose !! I too am guilty of this and it is one I would liek to change. Men need to run hard all the time and run down the ball when they lose it.

I say the National team should go on a Navy seal course to bring up fitness and strength  :beermug:

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 11:12:43 AM »
at de same time kingman

football at de end of the day is just entertainment

last year i hear ah man say intercol is just fuh bragging rights now  :rotfl: :rotfl:

WHAT ELSE IT GO BE 4???

so you trying to tell me we want ah set ah birchall on de field. just chasing de ball and cyar share ah cyap

nah man yuh have to have ah mixture. holligan football is for england. island football iz fuh we

no matter how hard we try, we still go be trinis at de end ah de day

what wrong with playing football fuh money, rank, and gurls....

thats jah i have ah mind of my own

we could play we football and still win i doh care how much de board cuss meh fuh this post

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 11:14:10 AM »
Unfortunately it's always been a 'rank' to have played for the national team. For many individuals it's their showcase; their opportunity to say....AH REACH!!! girls ah waiting on allyuh.

I've played for national youth teams before and I've been on the wrong end of the "yuh play shyte" discussion, and it hurt. It hurt so much that I vowed never to represent T&T, my family, friends and myself like that ever again. I didn't do that because I wanted to show off. I did that because I believed the country deserved more. Now I will say representing people you don't even know does bring pressure on you. It's not something to be taken lightly. In fact it has ended many a career. I relate it to goalkeeping and the kinds of pressure goalkeepers face (one goal and you're to blame).

I have always said that representing your country includes the music, language, way of living, de ole talk on de corner, de lime, de fete an everything dat encompasses the nation. I don't think many of our current players understand this. One has to be so loving of their country that they will literally go out on the field and play with a broken leg. It's a mentality, not a physicality. Your love for your country doesn't mean you can run fast. It's everyting including your broughtupsy. I honestly believe that aspect of it is missing.

Now do I expect all Trinbagonians (not just trinis please people) to be nationalistic all the time...of course not. It's not practical in today's golbal village, but an understanding of what representing your country means is absolutely necessary.

Oh and BTW...We can only blame the culture for so much. If you have weight training to do and you just don't go because you feel to stay home or lime, then you have the wrong mindset. Discipline and dedication crosses international borders and boundries. I don't know of any culture that allows complete slackness and retardation of development within the society.

My 2 cents.

Lata and enjoy de day.
Richard G.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 11:18:26 AM »
Unfortunately it's always been a 'rank' to have played for the national team. For many individuals it's their showcase; their opportunity to say....AH REACH!!! girls ah waiting on allyuh.

I've played for national youth teams before and I've been on the wrong end of the "yuh play shyte" discussion, and it hurt. It hurt so much that I vowed never to represent T&T, my family, friends and myself like that ever again. I didn't do that because I wanted to show off. I did that because I believed the country deserved more. Now I will say representing people you don't even know does bring pressure on you. It's not something to be taken lightly. In fact it has ended many a career. I relate it to goalkeeping and the kinds of pressure goalkeepers face (one goal and you're to blame).

I have always said that representing your country includes the music, language, way of living, de ole talk on de corner, de lime, de fete an everything dat encompasses the nation. I don't think many of our current players understand this. One has to be so loving of their country that they will literally go out on the field and play with a broken leg. It's a mentality, not a physicality. Your love for your country doesn't mean you can run fast. It's everyting including your broughtupsy. I honestly believe that aspect of it is missing.

Now do I expect all Trinbagonians (not just trinis please people) to be nationalistic all the time...of course not. It's not practical in today's golbal village, but an understanding of what representing your country means is absolutely necessary.

Oh and BTW...We can only blame the culture for so much. If you have weight training to do and you just don't go because you feel to stay home or lime, then you have the wrong mindset. Discipline and dedication crosses international borders and boundries. I don't know of any culture that allows complete slackness and retardation of development within the society.

My 2 cents.

Lata and enjoy de day.
Richard G.

Really good post.  Respeck as always.  :applause:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 11:18:52 AM »
Does the system in Trinidad promote this type of Football? Is the grass roots , intermediate and senior level of Football have a system where by the players within are gearing themselves towards this type of mentality that Kingman espouses.
My answer to that is a simple No!
the Football guard in TnT have to start at the lowest level and develop a system that will follow those players as they get older
my 1/2 cent
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 11:23:20 AM »
Richard G, did you get the info?

Kingman, not every fan knows the game bredrin, i hearing yuh doh.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 11:39:03 AM »
We can look at representing your country from many different prospectives,besides the honor of representing your country it could be a stepping stone to a future career weather it's in the game itself or academics,off course some will not make it or fall by the wayside it depends on what you want,as we say some in it for the Glory and that's why we don't have a team of players with the same mentality,we will always have a better team with the everseas based Pros because their mentality is all about business,i know of a lot of ex national team players that are Doctors,Lawyers,Dentist etc etc and they all will tell you Football played a big part in where they are today,this game builds character.

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 11:58:29 AM »
Richard G, did you get the info?

Kingman, not every fan knows the game bredrin, i hearing yuh doh.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Yea...thanks.

Enjoy de day
Richard G.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 12:00:59 PM »
this is the same thing i was trying to get at in another thread where someone called work rate and motivation a 'coaching problem'. u cant blame anyone else but yourself for not being driven. thats a personality characteristic.

yea football is entertainment but what that have to do with it? you feel cristiano ronaldo eh running "like a madman" whole game? u dont even have to go that far just look at carlos edwards. for all the skill the man have, one of the most important elements of his game is his work rate.

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 12:13:32 PM »
We can look at representing your country from many different prospectives,besides the honor of representing your country it could be a stepping stone to a future career weather it's in the game itself or academics,off course some will not make it or fall by the wayside it depends on what you want,as we say some in it for the Glory and that's why we don't have a team of players with the same mentality,we will always have a better team with the everseas based Pros because their mentality is all about business,i know of a lot of ex national team players that are Doctors,Lawyers,Dentist etc etc and they all will tell you Football played a big part in where they are today,this game builds character.

If a player is just using National Team representation as a stepping stone for the future I can understand. But quite a few don't do that. Unfortunately many don't get it, neither do they care to get it. It's a show, it's style, it's prestige, it's don status, it's the dan man honour...

Where I become concerned is when those athletes/national representatives waste away the opportunity to transfer that kind of success into something meaningful. We'll watch this crop of young national team talent and come to our own conclusions.

this is the same thing i was trying to get at in another thread where someone called work rate and motivation a 'coaching problem'. u cant blame anyone else but yourself for not being driven. thats a personality characteristic.

yea football is entertainment but what that have to do with it? you feel cristiano ronaldo eh running "like a madman" whole game? u dont even have to go that far just look at carlos edwards. for all the skill the man have, one of the most important elements of his game is his work rate.

Work rate and motivation can be a problem. Even the best of coaches in this game sometimes can't get the best out of players for one reason or the other. None the less, if you really want something that bad self discipline tends to make the journey a bit more easy...same hard journey with the benefits of knowing your efforts meant something in the long run.

Enjoy de day.
Richard G.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 12:17:38 PM »
excellent post.....i find wim/ocaches on de whole should be constantly reviewing game tape and picking out de men who coasting thru games and getting de rid ah dem and tellin them why he gettin rid ah dem.....ah man mention carlos edwards and he effort, yo, i used to think that freddie ljungberg was ah man who could just run and run forever....carlos manners him in de worldcup....meh point is, if carlos edwards could work on he game/fitness to get to that level, wha happen to other men? like ah ask in another post de other day, anybody know if national/pro footballers does actually watch football games i.e. pro/international games to see what dem fellahs does be doing?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 12:22:12 PM »
Is it not the responsibility of the coaching staff to instill the philosophy and style of play? If the players don't live up to it who is to blame? Every team should know it's objective and when the team takes the field it should be to execute that which was simulated in practice based on the scouting report etc.

AS to fitness, it's a disgrace and utter shame for a player to be unfit in today's game. Fitness is an individual thing. You have to have the personal desire and drive to push yourself to the limit. An unfit player reveals so much about himself. Maybe it's time to establish fitness criteria for the national team and anyone failing the fitness test shouldnot even be considered.

Players need to understand that the sacrifices they make today to be the best will bring great rewards, not only for country but  also personal.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 12:37:14 PM »
« Reply #13 on: Today at 01:22:12 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it not the responsibility of the coaching staff to instill the philosophy and style of play? If the players don't live up to it who is to blame? Every team should know it's objective and when the team takes the field it should be to execute that which was simulated in practice based on the scouting report etc.

AS to fitness, it's a disgrace and utter shame for a player to be unfit in today's game. Fitness is an individual thing. You have to have the personal desire and drive to push yourself to the limit. An unfit player reveals so much about himself. Maybe it's time to establish fitness criteria for the national team and anyone failing the fitness test shouldnot even be considered.

Players need to understand that the sacrifices they make today to be the best will bring great rewards, not only for country but  also personal.

That's a different thing than the hunger to succeed. As a player you must posess the drive, the will, a yearning to succeed despite the team and/or coaching staff. The coach will impliment his philosophy and style of play, but you have to want to be successful all the same.

Recently I was looking at some women college players; the coach gave them a day of and when you look, all the japanese players out running and doing some type of ball work. Why? They want to be on their game every game, no excuses.

You, the individual, have to want it, no bones about that.

Dwight Yorke is a perfect example of what we need. After winning "The Treble" everyone started crying him down, eventually leaving Man U. The the opportunity to go to the WC came about what did he do? he picked himself up and got back into that "hunger" mind frame and since then has not let up. Look how much that has done for him. He made a conscious decision that he was not just gonna fall by the wayside. That's why he is a respected professional.

Remeber "you can lead a horse to water, but........well you know the rest."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 12:41:14 PM »
Is it not the responsibility of the coaching staff to instill the philosophy and style of play? If the players don't live up to it who is to blame? Every team should know it's objective and when the team takes the field it should be to execute that which was simulated in practice based on the scouting report etc.........

yuh naive if yuh think the coach is necessarily to blame if players do not (cannot) execute simple instructions. I eh know about that. The team Rijkaard coached before Barca in the Dutch league got relegated. Capello struggling to motivate players at RM. You talking as if what the coaching staff says automatically gets done. You need the right type and right combination of players for that to work. Some of the greatest coaches are failures if you put them with the wrong team and vice versa. It is the coaching staff responsibility to instill the philosophy and style of play. It is the players' responsibility to execute.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 12:44:38 PM »
 I agree with you kingman but... what is in it for the player? A man go train his balls off for satisfaction of knowing he train his balls off? This is not fantasy planet my brethen...You feel players from bigger footballing nations don't enjoy the spoils of playing for one's Country? And Richard G...You are unprofessional if you didn't play well and then give up...If that is your mentality then is a good thing you stop...Hurt and Failure is what does make champions...Real heart is when you could pick yourself up and try again until you could eliminate as much failures as possible....

And Kingman football is a spectacle, an artform and at the same time a sport...You have addressesd the sporting aspect where a player is expected to run his heart out for the country and expect nothing in return...But you also mentioned the culture of our people, which is generally very exciting, warm and laidback...(Latapy was a great example of a player that could have done what he wanted on the field and made it look effortless(like it was nothing to him))This is exactly the attributes a T&T fan would love to see in a player...This is what the public come to see each game...Is not like USA who obsessed with results and athleticism...They come to games to get that out of them...another example is Brazil...You feel a Brazilian team could just win games alone without entertaining? ha ha...thats a joke, for them Results alone don't count...It just so happens that their players are great at encompassing results and entertainment...

Which player in World Football 'wild' and people like to see?
 None to my knowledge

Ask which player deemed 'wild' is effective?

I would say Countless

Whats playing football at All if it doesn't make you happy?

Nothing I guess...might as well not play...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 12:44:50 PM »
When you look at what drives players from other countrys to play the way they do and look at what drives our players it's like we in two different worlds,those guys are already millionaires or on the verge of being one or plans to be one.They play Football like they going to kill somebody,when they want a ball they going to get it.As a Director of Coaching i deal with incidents concerning Coaches/Players/Parents and i can tell you these ppl can't deal with losing,when they with or for you they will go down dieing.

The higher the level the more finance is involved,players at that level knows to make that kind of money is hard work,nobody has to get them fit etc etc that's personal,if they drink a bear,smoke,go to bed late etc etc it in the news,fans control everthing they tell management what/who they want,they pay the wages.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 12:45:52 PM »
It is difficult for me to comprehend the fitness level and lack of speed of this present team. I think they have the speed. Is how they using it. Speed, fitness level and recovery rate work hand in hand. Fitness to me is the ability to recover quickly after making runs up and down the field(i.e Robert Carlos). T&T teams long ago were fit and very speedy. Gerry Brown, Alvin, Archie, Steve David, Aliby,Gally,  Cornel Glen, just to name a few.  A player's  fitness level is challenged when he is constantly left isolated and two men just making one twos around him. Like what happened to our wing backs in the last game .  I also agree we do lack assertive and defensive mid-field players. Men who could stamp their authority in the middle with some strong tackles and win some ball. Other teams does run thru our middle like whem WASA pipe buss.

What does it means playing for Tribago. Man, a lot. But most of all, Love and Pride. I played two games in Canada 1974 with the youth team. That was a great experience. My first game was against CR in Lansdowne Park. The stadium was half full. But with the Trinis there, it felt like Wembley/Maracana. CR played the same way. Ball possesion. wallpasses etc. But we were fit, and had speed. Grayson, Winty Hackett, Trevor Rudd, Chinnas, Walkes, Derrick Lewis, Carter in goal. so we were up to the challenge. We tied 1-1. We tied Mex with Hugo Sanchez 0-0. Beat PR 6-0. Beat US on PKs. Lost to Cuba. We came in 3rd. Roderick Warner had us fit individualy and we were fit collectively as a team(if there is such a terminology). Sometimes it is like yesterday it happened. But when I see my 18 yr old daughter and 17 yr old son I does come back quickly to reality.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 12:50:28 PM »
Guys, I must apologize to Coop for leaving him out  the fitness and speedy category. Felles, Coop was corner flag to corner flag. Whole game.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 12:56:29 PM »
Guys, I must apologize to Coop for leaving him out  the fitness and speedy category. Felles, Coop was corner flag to corner flag. Whole game.
      Thanks Breds,you never leave the old Coops out when it comes to fitness  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 01:03:45 PM »
Let me ask you guys a question...

Has being laid back, trying to be entertaining, "expressing we culture" (if so to speak) ALONE gotton us any success in the pass? The key word is ALONE. If no.....why must we continue with these types of actions?

As for making comparison to Latapy.....Latapy, Ronaldinho, Deco, Zidane and all these gems are so clinical and intelligent that they can get ease up for not defending/working hard (I have to be careful with my words here). Because at the end of the day they will score 1-2 goals, game winning goal, make a telling pass to lead to a goal, etc etc

Don't try to compare no one in Trinidad and Tobago at this moment to those players. Wim said it himself, we could barely pass the ball properly.....our first touch.....our final pass etc etc is not up to par

So, instead of trying to follow these type of gems, or "express we culture" ALONE, let them first know that they must work hard to sort of compensate for the true skills that they don't have. Is one thing to know they can't pass properly but willing to work hard and die for Trinidad and Tobago. But a player who cannot pass the ball properly, have a poor touch, etc etc and trying to play a Latapy role or Zidane role on-top of that is something else. Steups!!!

I kingman
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 01:07:20 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 01:28:24 PM »
« Reply #16 on: Today at 01:44:38 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I agree with you kingman but... what is in it for the player? A man go train his balls off for satisfaction of knowing he train his balls off? This is not fantasy planet my brethen...You feel players from bigger footballing nations don't enjoy the spoils of playing for one's Country? And Richard G...You are unprofessional if you didn't play well and then give up...If that is your mentality then is a good thing you stop...Hurt and Failure is what does make champions...Real heart is when you could pick yourself up and try again until you could eliminate as much failures as possible....

And Kingman football is a spectacle, an artform and at the same time a sport...You have addressesd the sporting aspect where a player is expected to run his heart out for the country and expect nothing in return...But you also mentioned the culture of our people, which is generally very exciting, warm and laidback...(Latapy was a great example of a player that could have done what he wanted on the field and made it look effortless(like it was nothing to him))This is exactly the attributes a T&T fan would love to see in a player...This is what the public come to see each game...Is not like USA who obsessed with results and athleticism...They come to games to get that out of them...another example is Brazil...You feel a Brazilian team could just win games alone without entertaining? ha ha...thats a joke, for them Results alone don't count...It just so happens that their players are great at encompassing results and entertainment...

None to my knowledge

I would say Countless

I would think the return would be in running your heart out for your country, not so?

Is a fun time when you go the the bank on a Friday and there is only one teller attending to the masses, while others are just there and you are in a hurry?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 02:25:29 PM »
Leonson Lewis said it best in the WN interview.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 08:10:47 PM »

None to my knowledge

I would say Countless

nah Ponnoxx..you eh really thinking about what you saying. What is playing football if it doesn't make you happy? Ask yuhself what pro is happy when their opponents fitter than them, more technically gifted than them and stronger and faster than them? None. Pros play to win first, entertain second..no matter what their background. And playing for the national team for most is not primarily about glam. Sure they enjoy the benefits, no doubt. That is only human. Of coue they dream about the fame and fortune even before they make it..but it is much much more than that. Romario eh cry when he get leave out the 1998 squad because he was afraid he wasn't going and get no girls. Wearing national colors was his life. De man beg to make the 2002 squad. Rivaldo beg to make the 2006 squad. Seedorf big Van basten to give him any kinda sweat just so he could wear the national colors again. Dem men eh thinking glam.

Righto....Now...Players from Brazil play with flair, but it does not come before learning proper technique and perfecting the basics. Football is a hustle in Brazil......a wicked struggle. For most, football is the only escape from abject poverty and hopelessness. Actually, this is true for most ballers around globe, not just Brazil. These fellas eh feeding their family with flicks and juggling. They making a squad due to their technique and the hard work they put in. Kaka, Robben, Henry, and co. fit no ass and have a deadly work ethic and immaculate technique. With that level of skill and a quick brain, they could give yuh a lil' flair on the side. What makes Brazil football most beautiful is the quick one touch passing...and I'll give yuh 100 guesses what it takes to get to that level.

And Kingman point about 'wild men' is so damn true. I have had this conversation so many times with friends. In T&T, youths who have a natural hustle and play hard are often cried down and told to take it easy. Men who use their speed to blow past players are often said to be no good, they just fast. But in other countries, these are types of players are prized if they are technically good. Ponnoxx you ask the question..well be honest with yourself. There are plenty 'wild men' who sweating that people like to see. It is all relative, but most pros have a natural self motivation and hustle, from Maldini to Zidane..these fellas play real hard from the time they small. But even among the pros you trying to tell me you cannot see that skilled fellas like Essien, Rooney, Tevez, Eto'o, Riberie, Roberto Carlos, Zannetti and many more were absolute wild man as youths. You know they just used to run wild up and down the pitch and pelt real blade and play small goal like is the WC final self....of course tye also developed great technique among other things. I wit' kingman on this one..a lil' wildness as a youth is a plus :D

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2007, 09:47:14 PM »
Kingman and company...please read my post properly...Could be grammatical errors by me ??? But I never compare anybody to any 'gems' king...All I say is THE PUBLIC comes to the matches hoping to glimpse such feats performed by these 'gems'...Many ppl don't know about football...TRUE....Players on the National team not technically sound...ALSO TRUE.....I agree with the whole notion but National team mentality stems from culture...Alot of our players were not fortunate to be exposed to 'real discipline and dedication' ....can't teach that easily

Fellas read my post carefully...I agreed however I added my tidbits

...GO T&T

Offline future socawarrior

• Jr. Warrior
  • I can accept failure but i cant accept not trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2007, 11:13:39 PM »
at de same time kingman

last year i hear ah man say intercol is just fuh bragging rights now  :rotfl: :rotfl:

WHAT ELSE IT GO BE 4???

so you trying to tell me we want ah set ah birchall on de field. just chasing de ball and cyar share ah cyap

nah man yuh have to have ah mixture. holligan football is for england. island football iz fuh we

we could play we football and still win i doh care how much de board cuss meh fuh this post

Morvant just like any other ban wagonist Trini....jump up when Stern John score a goal and take we to the WC and on the other side, condeming the man for not scoring every opportunity. Morvant - Trinidad dont need supporters like you. People who dont know the game but have the most to say. You see them at every match. Recently it was Glascow... Cussing him for every poor touch he made in digicel cup, but when he score he is a boss. Football does not work like that, and because alot of people in Trinidad think that way, we are currently ranked very low. Yes football is about entertainment but "beats" and "cyap" is for the SSFL and PFL. That is why the quality of the team so poor, and the team cant match up to international standards. Morvant- that is not football.. Football is a science, that takes good management and strategizing. Beats cant get u anywhere if you dont create a scoring opportunity. The game is about scoring goals not who get what beat. I currently play at a university in the US and plan to be a socawarrior sum day, but not for the money, cause i getting a degree as well or not for the girls cause i have a bess girl..but to walk out oon the pitch and my family in the stands and feeling proud. A feeling money cant buy. That is why the PFL specialist like Kerry and Hardest cant make a note out there; cause the football in trinidad slow and men like to beats. Look on FOX sports and see which stat they have NAMED beats. People like u happy with seeing Trinidad play Barbados and see Hardest beats and call him a boss. well Dwight yorke is Trinidad's greatest boss, because he won the most..not in trinidad but in the world...and he never beats, but he entertained..big up kingpin

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2007, 02:04:18 AM »
at de same time kingman

WHAT ELSE IT GO BE 4???

Morvant just like any other ban wagonist Trini....jump up when Stern John score a goal and take we to the WC and on the other side, condeming the man for not scoring every opportunity. Morvant - Trinidad dont need supporters like you. People who dont know the game but have the most to say. You see them at every match. Recently it was Glascow... Cussing him for every poor touch he made in digicel cup, but when he score he is a boss. Football does not work like that, and because alot of people in Trinidad think that way, we are currently ranked very low. Yes football is about entertainment but "beats" and "cyap" is for the SSFL and PFL. That is why the quality of the team so poor, and the team cant match up to international standards. Morvant- that is not football.. Football is a science, that takes good management and strategizing. Beats cant get u anywhere if you dont create a scoring opportunity. The game is about scoring goals not who get what beat. I currently play at a university in the US and plan to be a socawarrior sum day, but not for the money, cause i getting a degree as well or not for the girls cause i have a bess girl..but to walk out oon the pitch and my family in the stands and feeling proud. A feeling money cant buy. That is why the PFL specialist like Kerry and Hardest cant make a note out there; cause the football in trinidad slow and men like to beats. Look on FOX sports and see which stat they have NAMED beats. People like u happy with seeing Trinidad play Barbados and see Hardest beats and call him a boss. well Dwight yorke is Trinidad's greatest boss, because he won the most..not in trinidad but in the world...and he never beats, but he entertained..big up kingpin

futuresocawarrior you could kiss my ass till it numb

i hide in ah stadium toilet after nelson street sports to see de national team train when i was 11. calling me ah waggonist. playing college ball in de us is not ah feat. doh let men in trini fool yuh. i see play ah season fuh tidewater community and i iz shyt compared to men in trini. and bout stern I AM THE VICE PRESIDENT OF STERN FOR GOALS COMMITTEE. i backing stern since mls days. and ah sticking to what ah blasted say FOOTBALL IZ ENTERTAINMENT. saying trini dont need supporters like me. i take leave and travel from california to tobago to see de northern ireland game cause i hear yorke come back. brasil is number one and dem does share beat. matter of fact ronaldinho is considered number one and he is ah beatsman. and mister waggonist the quality of the team not poor,de quality of the local scrape-up team poor but yuh feel carlos and dennis and dem woulda collect four from costa-rica and lorse to panama.

talking bout hardest cyar make ah note out here. HAHAHAHAHA

football in america is played by middle-wage white america. hardest would kill in college.

and look at foxsports and see they have ah stat fuh ASSIST. YUH been in america too long if yuh thinking like this..

go back to yuh roots to de first time yuh touch ah ball barefoot and remember what yuh wanted to learn first and remember it wasnt ah pass IT WAS AH SPANNER KAKAHOLE

CALLING ME AH WAGGONIST

STUPES..................................
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2007, 02:28:33 AM »
Morvant, you see that is what I have been talking about for the longest while...Just Ignore them....
there are some on here who are in love with that word and due to some disorder will call anyone anything as they feel it must be cute to do so and they some times get a small pat on de back from the other similarly inflicted individuals. Just ignore them.
Just wait till one ah dem start sending you a set ah PMs telling you that you are such
then there are those individuals who try to TELL you how much they think you know, those are the ones in a mans body but the mind of a 5 yr ole
all ah dem could KMA.........
STUEPS..................................
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 03:26:04 AM by WestCoastTrini »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2007, 07:45:50 AM »
Guys, I must apologize to Coop for leaving him out the fitness and speedy category. Felles, Coop was corner flag to corner flag. Whole game.

Coops, yuh was a linesman too or what ?  ;D ;D ;D

Talking about wildman...  I remember Cyd Gray in the early days...I say that frigging man wild boy, he go cause he team to play with ten men regularly.  He prove it against Honduras in the earlies.  I say if onmly the man could temper he agression and focus it in the right direction at the right time, then he would be a boss in defence.  Beenie bring out that in the man oui.  He is a boss now.

Another thing is that our culture/characteristics are instilled in us from a very young age.  Then as parents we want on the teachers, gov't and coaches to fix it....saying that is their wuk.  We should be aiming to instill national pride from a tender age, so that it becomes common place.  In this regard we could take page from the Jamaicans book...very, very, nationalistic people.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

1]; } ?>