June 09, 2024, 09:00:19 AM

Author Topic: Squad to be named by Thursday for Guadeloupe friendly  (Read 10965 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Squad to be named by Thursday for Guadeloupe friendly
« on: March 20, 2007, 02:22:02 PM »
Squad to be named by Thursday for Guadeloupe friendly.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

National team head coach Wim Rijsbergen is expected to finalize an 18-man squad by Thursday before the team travels to Guadeloupe for Saturday’s friendly international against the French islanders.
Rijsbergen has had three sessions since the resumption of training at the Ato Boldon Stadium and has placed emphasis on ball work since the players are all involved in preseason training with their clubs. But aside from getting it right with the ball, he has also tried to reinforce the importance of proper physical and mental preparation as the country looks ahead to facing the likes of United States, Guatemala and El Salvador at the CONCACAF Gold Cup in June.
Looking ahead to the match with Guadeloupe which is being hosted by Digicel, President Guy Roch of the Guadeloupe Football league commented , “As this is our first time to compete in the Gold Cup we realize how important our preparations are to fully support the massive interest and excitement that this opportunity has brought sweeping across our country. The people at Digicel have invested massive sums of money to help assist first our qualification to the tournament and now going a step further by ensuring we are properly prepared.
Once again, midfielder Kerwyn Jemmot, who missed the first day on Sunday, did not turn up for training on Tuesday. He did show up on Monday but was turned away by Rijsbergen who felt the player didn’t have a valid or timely reason for his absence the previous day. It appears Jemmot may not be considered for the Guadeloupe match. Superstar Rangers chairman Richard Fakoory said he was unaware of Jemmot’s no-show or any reason for it. He only found out on Monday but said he was not informed as to why the player was again absent.
St Johnstone striker Jason Scotland will also not be considered for Saturday’s match. His club is also in action on Sunday against Dundee.
Meantime, midfielder Leslie Fitzpatrick is back home but is still recovering from strained ankle ligaments sustained in training following T&T’s 2-1 loss to Panama in January.
Fitzpatrick however took up the invitation to meet with directors of a Shanghai-based Chinese Premier Division club which he preferred to leave undisclosed for the time being.
“I got the invitation and even though they knew I suffered the injury they wanted to hold talks so I went up there. I wasn’t able to do much on the field but we held talks and I also visited a doctor. I spent nine days there but I’m still limping at the moment. The doctors said initially it should take me at least six weeks to heal and that time is almost up so I’m hoping I can be back into the thick of things pretty soon. I also have a couple A-League clubs showing interest,” Fiztpatrick told TTFF Media.
Also in the country at this time are English-based duo Carlos Edwards, recovering from a shoulder injury and Kenwyne Jones who has time off from his Southampton club. He is home on personal business.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Squad to be named by Thursday for Guadeloupe friendly
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 02:31:47 PM »
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Once again, midfielder Kerwyn Jemmot, who missed the first day on Sunday, did not turn up for training on Tuesday. He did show up on Monday but was turned away by Rijsbergen who felt the player didn’t have a valid or timely reason for his absence the previous day.

he should focus on his club fuh now and  perform the he would  get back in the national team...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 02:39:29 PM »
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Once again, midfielder Kerwyn Jemmot, who missed the first day on Sunday, did not turn up for training on Tuesday. He did show up on Monday but was turned away by Rijsbergen who felt the player didn’t have a valid or timely reason for his absence the previous day.

he should focus on his club fuh now and  perform the he would  get back in the national team...
now this is what pisses me off.
bag ah skill and potential
but screwing up yuh chances with un professionalism
men go come in and hating on wim. but de made de right call. steups. man hardest yuh makin to easy for we to  fight yuh down. u suppose to eb putting we place.
I feel he on his last thread here. ithey might draft him in for the next game but after that.
he goose cook.
 but then again is trinidad we does take shit and smile liek si cake
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 02:41:40 PM »
i expecting another B squad.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 03:56:30 PM »
Typical Hardest..... Bleeder talk tuh yuh boi.......

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 04:37:56 PM »
he gone through he doh have it in him nobody cyah want it for him

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 04:50:14 PM »
Hardest, boi ah doh know de whole truth about this situation, but from what ah reading, Supa & De Enterprise we are very disappointed with your behavior. We are one of de few members here dat was fully supporting yuh and really wanted yuh to do well, so that you could move on tuh get ah foreign contract. However, it is not 2 late, ah really hope things work out wid you and de coach, and you could continue tuh represent T&T and move on tuh bigger and better things. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 05:10:40 PM »
he gone through he doh have it in him nobody cyah want it for him

Doh say dat meh boi, some people yuh does have tuh hold their hands and walk wid them, may be somebody have tuh step up in T&T and do dat, cuz we cah have all we talented players disappearing, who de hell go represent we? Yorke and Lattapy are gone, Dwarika been gone, unless some new talent start shining, T&T are not looking good right now. Ah not just talking about a player tuh wear de T&T shirt, and run up and down de field, I'm talking about special talent, like ah Lattapy,Yorke, Dwarika, Jemmot. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 09:25:16 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 06:19:25 PM »
sometimes yuh does just have to cut thru all the talk/excuse/reasons/analysis...hardest is ah friggin IMPS!!!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 06:53:02 PM »
sometimes yuh does just have to cut thru all the talk/excuse/reasons/analysis...hardest is ah friggin IMPS!!!!!!
Really ??? ??? :devil: :rotfl:
Live large and prosper!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 07:06:43 PM »
Send TI to talk to the boy and straighten him out.  Don't forget that in January TI said that he go be back for he long haul (my words)
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 07:57:13 PM »

Let us look at something timeline wise and correct me if I wrong.

The TTFF decided to start back their programs on FRIDAY......and gave notice for training two days later on SUNDAY.
Is that correct?  I believe the official press release was made Friday.  Was Jemmot contacted directly?

This after there was no indication before Friday when they would be starting back.

Not trying to excuse Jemmot cuz plenty of the players were there.  Were there others missing and were they also singled out for special treatment?

And I not quite understanding why they turn him away Monday then say oh he didn't come Tuesday either.  Wim on games or Jemmot was vex and decide not to go Tuesday?

If he using Jemmot as an example and being hard on him for his own good then fine...once is not victimizing him cuz he is an easy target.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 08:02:30 PM »
None of us really know the true and full story behind it, but again Jemmot appears as the one who has done wrong.

Its strange that only him was legitimately missing from the training.

He coulda call if he cold not have made it.

I cannot believe that he wass not contacted, that is bullshit, even if it was last minute. He dont have any friends on the team he talk to?

Wim using him to send messages to everyone for the next 2 years to national players....

On the face of it though, it seem that he mighta be a lill hard on the yute

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 08:13:39 PM »
DCS yuh serious boi?...If de coah allow slackness and unprofessionalism den wat type ah message is dat sending to the rest of the team and the public?...Nahhh boi Jemmot looks guilty in this one hence the reason why his excuse was not made public....and Yes according to the media he was the only one absent from training...These guys forget this is a job and they have to go to work awah?
only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 08:22:56 PM »
DCS yuh serious boi?...If de coah allow slackness and unprofessionalism den wat type ah message is dat sending to the rest of the team and the public?...Nahhh boi Jemmot looks guilty in this one hence the reason why his excuse was not made public....and Yes according to the media he was the only one absent from training...These guys forget this is a job and they have to go to work awah?

Remember this, from TI's interview:

There have been many who have spoke of your lack of commitment and lack of discipline, what are your comments on this?
Thats just talk, "its up to me", I said again, I went to train and my name wasn't on the list, so i back off and just waiting.
TrinInfinite: I asked him who was responsible for the list, he mentioned one of Jacks friends, a fellah names Phillips, I dont know if there is another Phillips on the team, but he said Phillips for the last name.

Are you ready mentally and physically for the WC and long afterwards?
I have always been, as long as I am training and Im on the team I will be ready, again he said "Its really up to me".

He obviously didn't get a call then .... was he smarting from that experience ??? :devil:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 08:24:37 PM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 08:43:53 PM »

The TTFF decided to start back their programs on FRIDAY......and gave notice for training two days later on SUNDAY.
Is that correct?  I believe the official press release was made Friday.  Was Jemmot contacted directly?

This after there was no indication before Friday when they would be starting back.

Not trying to excuse Jemmot cuz plenty of the players were there.  Were there others missing and were they also singled out for special treatment?

And I not quite understanding why they turn him away Monday then say oh he didn't come Tuesday either.  Wim on games or Jemmot was vex and decide not to go Tuesday?

If he using Jemmot as an example and being hard on him for his own good then fine...once is not victimizing him cuz he is an easy target.

toussaint had the flu and the other player missing called in i think...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 08:47:46 PM »

toussaint had the flu and the other player missing called in i think...
The other player was Dwayne Jack. He probably couldn't get time off from his URP job :devil:
Live large and prosper!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 09:00:34 PM »
Toussaint had the flu...but i think he was at the training grounds. I dunno what went on with Jack. Hardest looking wrong here....especially given his history. I dunno if he was told to not come back...but he should have at least been there today if he wasnt allowed to train on monday when he did show. As much as people might want to claim fight down etc....i know I want hardest to do well...cuz its only my national team would benifit. He making it hard for himself.
And i just going on this report
The enthusiasm among the players was evident when eight to nine touches yielded a goal for one side during a scrimmage between the players. Leading the winning squad, captain Densill Theobald was pumping his fists as if he had scored during the World Cup. The other half of the squad was made to do a few push-ups for conceding the goal.

The thing that makes it worse....ent bleeder was at the first training session?I get the impression that bleeder and hardest are tight...so how come bleeder came and couldnt even bring a message from hardest saying why he was absent? The more you look at it....the more yuh inclined to say hardest lapse.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 09:12:46 PM »
People ah doh want tuh cover up fuh Hardest, but among all the speculations we all have been coming up with, until the truth is heard, I was thinking remember the programs fuh TTFF had been cancelled, and it suddenly announced it is back in business on Friday. We never thought that may be Hardest was out of the country and didn't make it back in time fuh Sunday. If any of us here was on de national team, would you sit home and doh have a clue when de issue wid TTFF would be solved, put yuh personal matters on hold, and pray and hope yuh get ah phone call saying that training will resume or yuh will go and handle yuh business quickly and return home? Peolpe ah probable sounding crazy here, cuz ah just assuming, ah just refuse to believe de breddah went back tuh his old ways, there is got to be some more tuh dis story. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 09:21:40 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Rijsbergen turns away Jemmott.
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 09:41:00 PM »
Rijsbergen turns away Jemmott.
T&T Express Reports.
[/size]

T&T squad to be finalised tomorrow

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Wim Rijsbergen is expected to finalise an 18-man squad by tomorrow before the national team travel to Guadeloupe for Saturday's friendly international against the French islanders.
Rijsbergen has had three sessions since the resumption of training at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, and has placed emphasis on ball work since the players are all involved in pre-season training with their clubs. Aside from getting it right with the ball, he has also tried to reinforce the importance of proper physical and mental preparation as the Soca Warriors look ahead to facing the likes of United States, Guatemala and El Salvador at the CONCACAF Gold Cup in June in the USA.
T&T midfielder Kerwyn Jemmott, who missed the first day of training on Sunday, did not turn up yesterday. He did show up on Monday but was turned away by Rijsbergen, who felt the player didn't have a valid or timely reason for his absence the previous day. It appears Jemmott may not be considered for the Guadeloupe match.
Superstar Rangers chairman Richard Fakoory said he was unaware of Jemmott's no-show or any reason for it. He only found out on Monday but said he was not informed as to why the player was again absent.
St Johnstone striker Jason Scotland will also not be considered for Saturday's match. His club are in action on Sunday against Dundee in Scotland.
And midfielder Leslie Fitzpatrick is back home but is still recovering from strained ankle ligaments sustained in training following T&T's 2-1 loss to Panama during their Central American tour in January.
Fitzpatrick, however, took up the invitation to meet with directors of a Shanghai-based Chinese Premier Division club which he preferred to leave undisclosed for the time being.
"I got the invitation and even though they knew I suffered the injury they wanted to hold talks so I went up there. I wasn't able to do much on the field but we held talks and I also visited a doctor. I spent nine days there but I'm still limping at the moment. The doctors said initially it should take me at least six weeks to heal and that time is almost up so I'm hoping I can be back into the thick of things pretty soon. I also have a couple A-League clubs showing interest," Fiztpatrick told Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) media officer Shaun Fuentes.
Also in Trinidad at this time are English-based duo Carlos Edwards, recovering from a shoulder injury sustained playing for promotion-seeking Sunderland, and Kenwyne Jones, who has time off from his Southampton club duties. He is home on personal business.
Looking ahead to the match against Trinidad and Tobago, which is being hosted by Digicel, Guy Roch, president of the Guadeloupe Football Association, commented: "As this is our first time to compete in the Gold Cup we realise how important our preparations are to fully support the massive interest and excitement that this opportunity has brought sweeping across our country. The people at Digicel have invested massive sums of money to help assist, first our qualification to the tournament and now going a step further by ensuring we are properly prepared."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 05:10:40 AM by Flex »

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rijsbergen turns away Jemmott
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 09:43:38 PM »
Could it be that he was also in Jamaica, or as per a forumite 'in yard', taking in what they have to offer? TI what going on here?  :rotfl:

TrinInfinite

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 10:03:02 PM »
Could it be that he was also in Jamaica, or as per a forumite 'in yard', taking in what they have to offer? TI what going on here? :rotfl:

de man was sick, with the flu, could hardly get out of his bed, he made ah mistake and didnt call, people allowed to make ah mistake, he may miss dis game, but God willing not the next one, too much man runnin dey mouth and doh know de situation...

God is de BOSS...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 10:14:08 PM »
I would be prepared to sympathise that he knew the programs were shut down and probably wasnt aware of the last minute change. What i worried about is that bleeder knew about training and bleeder as captain couldnt even give an account as to where he might be...knowing hardest reputation. At the very least i woulda think bleeder woulda know he brethrin was goin on a trip....and that woulda diffuse any problem. Buh like bleeder and all didnt know why he wasnt there.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 10:15:46 PM »
that sucks for him
but he move stupid anyhow

knwoing his history he supposed to call first thing in the morning..wake up Wim if he have to..

hadda be a professional to be treated like one boss

TrinInfinite

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 10:17:20 PM »
that sucks for him

knwoing his history he supposed to call first thing in the morning..wake up Wim if he have to..

true, i agree, but it was a genuine mistake and i think hardest will be aware of it next time...

God is de BOSS...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 10:26:58 PM »
that sucks for him

true, i agree, but it was a genuine mistake and i think hardest will be aware of it next time...

God is de BOSS...

So how nobody else on the team know he had the flu?
Was it that Whim knew he had the flu but was upset he didn't call and Wim had to find out 2nd hand?

I rather not see this foolishness in the media because you lambasting a player in public and then won't want him to defend himself in the same manner.  Maybe WIm testing him....see how he handle the pressure.  Just tell him to go to every training session and do his own exercises if they don't want him in the group. (If Wim tell him leave the stadium make sure he doh ask Wim if he will read in the paper "Hardest abandons training session"  :devil: )

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 10:31:36 PM »
TI hear de scene. I dunno if hardest have any idea of how people view him. I dunno if he just under the impression that people just out to fight him down etc. I dunno if he realise how many people actually want him to do well. I dunno if he realise how much people fed up of his past behaviours...and find it hard to believe that he really turn over a new leaf. Please let him know that he can't be making these kind of mistakes again. People patience already thin with him....and he basically out of chances. Admittedly he had the flu...but so did tousaint and he was at training...not participating but present. Nelson putting in laps making sure he eh forgotten etc. Let de man know he cant lapse this time please. Especially cause of his reputation...he has to work harder.....and any indescretion can be seen as reverting to old habits.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 10:33:58 PM »
Loud steups. He feel is the public service that you stay home 2 days and turn up the 3rd day because you eh want to submit a medical.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 10:38:37 PM »
Unless Hardest is an armish and eh have no phone, tv and doh read newspapers it eh have no excuse why he eh show up.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2007, 10:53:31 PM »
Unless Hardest is an armish and eh have no phone, tv and doh read newspapers it eh have no excuse why he eh show up.

Some Amish ppl need to get with the times yes

I walking in de zoo normal normal last year and a whole group of dem jess staring me down hard hard...not in de curious way either, is like I do dem something

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>