April 26, 2024, 02:54:26 AM

Author Topic: Been meaning to get this off my chest.....  (Read 4435 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Been meaning to get this off my chest.....
« on: July 24, 2007, 01:55:43 PM »
 This  is simply my opinions and my sense of observations over my time on this forum. I have said this before, that this forum  serves many varied purposes  to a wide cross section of  people.
 At times I have found it to be entertaining, informative, communal, and thoughtful. On the other hand, I have found that like in most  communities, there has been times of open , slanderous, directed and sometimes subtle  degeneration of individuals.

I will admit that the forum has been at times a peaceful recluse and a connection to a culture, way of  life and a people with whom I have been entwined with culturally. Sometimes these same said individuals, in the  name of 'fatigue' have come out in ways to  ridicule, and to be malicious in their attacks. This I find disturbing and  for periods of time, I have refrained from partaking.

Why is it that a forum which has the potential of bring people together for some common purposes must also give credence  and be a spawning ground for those insidious folks who  relish in degrading and resorting to  acts of ' cyber harassment'  of others?

I know there are folks who will purposely try to  kill a thread!!!!! I know there are some who as soon as you start a thread , will begin responding to  others so that yours die out!!!! or if you respond to  one , they eh following up on dat!!! why do we continue to play these games?

In many aspects, I am  glad this forum was not around in the early 70's when I was at University...... would ah been difficult when I was experiencing culture shock tuh focus . Then too it would have help tuh take away many of them old time blues!!!!!!

I once more acknowledge the moderators and the insights that Flex and Tallman have done to maintain and to produce a forum where all despite, gender, age, nationality, ethnicity or race, creed or religion could find an equal place/ space to expound their views.

Let's us walk in dignity, talk with pride and respect each other.  Me eh saying man have tuh be an angel in here!!!!!! We may disagree with another's idea but let's  go hard on the ISSUE and NOT on the  PERSON!!!!

Look ah just see it was two years almost to this day ah had a similar ole talk about this forum:
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=2586.msg18211#msg18211

Respectfully submitted
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 03:18:47 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Been meaning to get this off my chest.....
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 02:14:18 PM »
thanks for that reminder ...

we have seen some vicious attacks in recent times and cases where fatigue crosses de line.

Some people is call it Freedom of Speech.

But with said Freedom comes responsibility .. how we use that freedom will determine if a post is respectful or disrespectful.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 03:09:33 PM »
wham?? ..it had ah nex blowout in here dat get deleted or wha?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 03:14:41 PM »

nah man

is jess AlbertaTrini reflecting on what might happen if dat God is nor Great thread get outta hand
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 04:22:45 PM »
 "As human beings, our job in life is to help people realize how rare and valuable each one of us really is, that each of us has something that no one else has- or ever will- something inside that is unique to all time. It's our job to encourage each other to discover that uniqueness and to provide ways of developing expression"

Fred (Mister) Rogers

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 04:31:24 PM »

nah is summer alberta bored....either that or someone run over her cyat.
steupsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss@this thread
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 05:22:41 PM »

now this is exactly what AB saying....
ya coulda steups without typing it....

AB I appreciate this thread. 
ah does really have to wonder sometimes oui

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 05:33:17 PM »

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am neither bored nor was I subjected to any inflictions;I am simply reflecting on what is , was, and  what could be. If that too philosophical for soem ...oh well some people like  ole talk, some chupid talk, some sports talk and some well...leh meh reflect nah oh grom!!!!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 09:32:27 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 07:25:05 PM »

steups 2  :-\
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 07:45:38 PM »
 :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 08:30:08 PM »

steups 2  :-\

this one squared de steups yes... :D

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 06:35:59 PM »

nah man

is jess AlbertaTrini reflecting on what might happen if dat God is nor Great thread get outta hand

oho. well, i'll hold off on a next thread - stumbled across an interesting analysis of culture, class and language that has a chance of offending some here.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 06:40:46 PM »
oho. well, i'll hold off on a next thread - stumbled across an interesting analysis of culture, class and language that has a chance of offending some here.
should we cuss you now or wait until you start the new thread. ;D ;D
JK eh

bring it man ;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 06:44:09 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 07:07:59 PM »
Well...this forum is a reflection of society..and wider society is like this. Fatigue is part of our culture...and humour is as well. The thing about humour is that it mostly is at someone else's expense.....and somebody has to get the bad end of it. People have trouble accepting differences of opinion....and this gets out of hand. I can appreciate people not responding to what some may deem merited topics. Many topics i start dont even get to 3 pages sometimes. I doh take it on.....i just say...well.......they just as puzzled about it as i am......or it just not de kinda level they would take interest on. Personally i would find it hard to believe that people would go out of their way to kill a thread.....what that would do for them i doh know.......i doubt it would be against the poster in particular...cuz if you check the amount of threads tallman posts about news etc that die a quick death.....is just how it happens....it not really taken as interesting to the posters at times. I am on this site most times i on the net. Right now my total login time is just over 29 days. I not a person who just talks and talks and talks just like that......even though i can...but i like hearing people's opinions as well. Also i doh post if somebody said it already....it doh make sense. I might post to aid a argument...to open a new dimension to the argument.....or something else. Many times i type up a response and delete it....cuz it just doh make sense. It doh make sense fuh me tellin somebody how dotish he is....or how she carrying on....or nuttin like dat...cuz i have better things to do on the net than engage in a flame war. As a result...sometimes my posts end up like diatribes doh.......that eh the intention...just whenever my thoughts flow......they more coherent when its continuous. Just my two cents.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 07:30:48 PM »
Well...this forum is a reflection of society..and wider society is like this. Fatigue is part of our culture...and humour is as well. The thing about humour is that it mostly is at someone else's expense.....and somebody has to get the bad end of it. People have trouble accepting differences of opinion....and this gets out of hand. I can appreciate people not responding to what some may deem merited topics. Many topics i start dont even get to 3 pages sometimes. I doh take it on.....i just say...well.......they just as puzzled about it as i am......or it just not de kinda level they would take interest on. Personally i would find it hard to believe that people would go out of their way to kill a thread.....what that would do for them i doh know.......i doubt it would be against the poster in particular...cuz if you check the amount of threads tallman posts about news etc that die a quick death.....is just how it happens....it not really taken as interesting to the posters at times. I am on this site most times i on the net. Right now my total login time is just over 29 days. I not a person who just talks and talks and talks just like that......even though i can...but i like hearing people's opinions as well. Also i doh post if somebody said it already....it doh make sense. I might post to aid a argument...to open a new dimension to the argument.....or something else. Many times i type up a response and delete it....cuz it just doh make sense. It doh make sense fuh me tellin somebody how dotish he is....or how she carrying on....or nuttin like dat...cuz i have better things to do on the net than engage in a flame war. As a result...sometimes my posts end up like diatribes doh.......that eh the intention...just whenever my thoughts flow......they more coherent when its continuous. Just my two cents.

mmmm hmmmm...yess doctor...Idoh  know how much yuh pay for dat weed, but it was well worth the price

yuh fingers must be did feel like cottonballs as yuh typin dat ent?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 06:07:36 AM »

mmmm hmmmm...yess doctor...Idoh  know how much yuh pay for dat weed, but it was well worth the price

yuh fingers must be did feel like cottonballs as yuh typin dat ent?

Dahs de ting brudder.......not weed.......celery.....legal.......potent.....and most of all...no seeds...... ;D
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 09:12:35 AM »

Agreed.

...except, I come from ah long line of shit-up artists and purveyors of the fine form of putdowns.  It preserves de dynamic.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 04:08:42 PM »
Some people still can't separate issues from the author of a thread. Then again when you are of a certain inclination and  yuh mentally challenged what could one expect.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 04:11:54 PM »
It really is amazing how u remember all your pass treads ,doh eh and apply when ever something new happen lol .daiz ah ah memory jed

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 12:51:55 PM »
Dat is the beauty of a cyber lime.

Anybody could come in and put in dey 2 cents and ride.

It is not like gathering at your favourite watering hole with your select friends and having a good discussion. You cant exclude anyone.

It is like a flower you have to enjoy the rose as well as appreciate the thorns.

But really I think most if not all of us come here for entertainment.

I have eased up on the posting, the starting of topics etc as I have found certain posters who were mentally stimulating have disappeared. Long ago we used to converse and disagree differently but I still enjoy everyone and what they offer...many a time it is a good laugh.

Dont take anyone here or what they type seriously. Help out each other when you could and lime and have fun when you see people in person.

It is when people using the message board for other intents and purposes...that is when the ole mas start.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2015, 09:34:20 PM »
Well well some people have come a long way around the circle

1]; } ?>