May 28, 2024, 02:11:16 PM

Author Topic: Wenger: Why Henry Left Arsenal  (Read 4518 times)

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Wenger: Why Henry Left Arsenal
« on: September 28, 2007, 10:07:35 AM »
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=428868
I still think he made the right move even if for the wrong reasons. Both he and Arsenal will benefit in the long run. He bound to pick up silverware at Barca and the youths at Arsenal have been unshackeled by his absence.

Goal.com

28/09/2007 14:43
Wenger: Why Henry Left Arsenal

Arsene Wenger has lifted the lid on why striker and all round Arsenal legend left the club after eight successful years in North London.

For most Arsenal fans the departure of Thierry Henry signified the end of an era, not just on the pitch, but in the very essence of the club.

No single Arsenal player had ever typified a moment in time like Henry and, for fans, nobody ever would.

But like any good story, there has to be an end and it came this summer, when the record goalscorer moved on to pastures new, after writing his own part in English football history.

The reasoning behind his departure for Barcelona was always a contentious issue. The official line from the Frenchman was that it was the uncertainty at boardroom level that caused him to have second thoughts about the direction the club was heading.

But Arsene Wenger has revealed that it was results on the pitch that had his star man waning.

“Thierry had reached the age of 30 and he knew that we would keep on playing with a young team,” he told Arsenal’s official website. “He reached a stage, as a forward, where you do have not much time left, which I understand completely."

“He told me: ‘Coach, it is true we have a good team, a young team which will certainly be very strong — but I cannot wait anymore. Will the team be strong next season, in two years? I do not know. But I need to take a decision today’.

“I told him: ‘I completely understand your position Thierry. I believe this team will be strong very soon, but I understand that you ask yourself this question’. He then told me: ‘I want to leave the club’ and that’s why he left.

“To say that David [Dein]’s departure influenced his decision is in some way true. [But] Thierry’s injuries also contributed. He looked at the situation and during certain games he must have thought to himself, ‘no, we will not win the Premiership’.

“The strength of a team lies in the self-belief it has. Once the team was not fighting for the title anymore, it started losing it. I am talking about a player’s self-belief here. Thierry may not have felt this self-belief at certain times.”

Goal.comUK

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wenger: Why Henry Left Arsenal
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 10:17:51 AM »
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=428868
I still think he made the right move even if for the wrong reasons. Both he and Arsenal will benefit in the long run. He bound to pick up silverware at Barca and the youths at Arsenal have been unshackeled by his absence.

In hindsight, I'm inclined to agree with you. I didn't think the team would come so good so soon after he left. Although I don't have any problems with his reason for leaving.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 10:37:32 AM »
I am surprised and Happy that the team is doing so well without him.

Sometimes men used to force the ball to him and it used to be predicatable......But if is one thing....the 4ker could put a ball in the back of the net.

All them chances Adeyabor and Van P missing...woulda been done with ease and style.

Also they ent have a defender in the EPL that coulda stop the three skip and long drag push past down the line.

Say wha..Eduardo and Bentender go do it for we...and once we keep lehmann off the field, buy a central defender in Jan. We set.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 10:59:31 AM »
I am surprised and Happy that the team is doing so well without him.

Sometimes men used to force the ball to him and it used to be predicatable......But if is one thing....the 4ker could put a ball in the back of the net.

All them chances Adeyabor and Van P missing...woulda been done with ease and style.

Also they ent have a defender in the EPL that coulda stop the three skip and long drag push past down the line.

Say wha..Eduardo and Bentender go do it for we...and once we keep lehmann off the field, buy a central defender in Jan. We set.

Adebayor is worries bro.  And only gettin better.  I wouldn't be surprised if he end up with a better career dan Henry.  Comparatively speaking at the same point in their careers (when Henry came from Juve). Adebayor is already ahead of Henry.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 12:03:36 PM »
whatever.

the reason = NICOLE MERRY

wenger have henry back.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 12:17:33 PM »
he ride out cause that side is shit and he leave to go a big side

doh worry that lucky streak arsenal have right now go run out

me eh care what nobody say Adebayor is ranking shit and the sooner he dry up that perm and cut he hair the better off he go be

Més que un club.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 02:13:04 PM »
I cant believe people hyping up arsenal and they ent really play any tough team yet!!

ah love it!!

GO CHELSEA
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 03:23:42 PM »
whatever.

wenger have henry back.

Ey, Yo! Andre! If yuh keep using dem kinda avatars, man go real have problems checking dis site from work!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 03:27:04 PM »
I cant believe people hyping up arsenal and they ent really play any tough team yet!!

ah love it!!

GO CHELSEA
Because dey playing good ball and scoring goals too! Not like last year when it was a set ah pretty pass, pass, pass and nobody eh want to shoot.

Besides, if/when dey start to take licks de pong will be dat much sweeter ;D ;D ;D

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 07:36:23 PM »

ah love it!!

GO CHELSEA
You serious dread!!!
Prayi that Chelsea get it together.
TnT Patriot

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 07:38:48 PM »
whatever.

wenger have henry back.

Ey, Yo! Andre! If yuh keep using dem kinda avatars, man go real have problems checking dis site from work!!

Ey, yo! Leave Andre alone nah, I love dat avatar  ;) ;D. Ah doh know if yuh joking wid Andre or not. However, ah not getting betwen you and Andre wid de avatar thing, let Andre talk fuh he self. Seriously meh boi, ah have ah question fuh yuh. What is de difference wid his avatar and de females we does see in we living room or bedroom on de tv, wid women in tongues and thing? Yuh doh have tuh answer meh eh, but is reality ah throwing out here boss  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 07:13:53 AM »
Setanta

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2007/09/29/Premier-League-Henry-on-facing-Gunners/

Henry fears facing Gunners
by Tom Adams, 29 September 2007

Having swapped North London for Camp Nou over the summer, Thierry Henry hopes he never has to face the prospect of playing against Arsenal with new club Barcelona.
The France international spent eight years at Arsenal, winning two Premier League titles and three FA Cups in the process, but decided to seek a new challenge in the shape of Barca.
Now the striker admits he would find it incredibly hard to play against a side that he still holds a deep affection for.
"I hope I never have to play against them," Henry told The Mirror. "Not because of fear or anything. But because it would be weird to play against Arsenal.
"I did it against Juventus and it was another feeling because I left Juventus because of the board - it was not about the team or anything. So I had anger in them when I played them.
"But when I will play Arsenal, I will not have any anger. It is going to be pretty emotional and pretty difficult. That is why I say I don't want to have to play against them.
“Also because they are a good team. What an impact they have made on the European scene by beating the double Uefa Cup champions. 8)
"Playing eight years for a team and playing people who you know and who know you perfectly, it will be difficult. But if it has to happen, hopefully it can happen in the final [of the Champions League]."
Henry is also tipping Arsene Wenger’s new look side to win The Premier League, and if they do then the Frenchman can be guaranteed to be watching the celebrations from his television screen in Catalunya.
"I always, always look for their result,” Henry added. “I always go on their website to see the news and who is injured. I love the club and will always love the club. When you have a great time, you never forget.
"I watched the game against Tottenham and I was screaming at my TV because Arsenal were 1-0 down against Tottenham and that doesn't look right for me still. And they won.
"I just knew they would. It is weird to see it from the side because you used to be there but it is nice to see Arsenal play football now.
“I hope they win everything - well not everything! But as an Arsenal fan, I have to say they are going to win the Premier League."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 07:28:02 AM by takenoprisoners »

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 09:37:23 AM »
whatever.

wenger have henry back.

Ey, yo! Leave Andre alone nah, I love dat avatar  ;) ;D. Ah doh know if yuh joking wid Andre or not. However, ah not getting betwen you and Andre wid de avatar thing, let Andre talk fuh he self. Seriously meh boi, ah have ah question fuh yuh. What is de difference wid his avatar and de females we does see in we living room or bedroom on de tv, wid women in tongues and thing? Yuh doh have tuh answer meh eh, but is reality ah throwing out here boss  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.

I dont think the man does be in his living room or bedroom when he at work.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 11:12:40 AM »
whatever.

wenger have henry back.

Ey, yo! Leave Andre alone nah, I love dat avatar  ;) ;D. Ah doh know if yuh joking wid Andre or not. However, ah not getting betwen you and Andre wid de avatar thing, let Andre talk fuh he self. Seriously meh boi, ah have ah question fuh yuh. What is de difference wid his avatar and de females we does see in we living room or bedroom on de tv, wid women in tongues and thing? Yuh doh have tuh answer meh eh, but is reality ah throwing out here boss  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
Come man SUPA, ah doh keep pictures of what going on in mih bedroom at mih desk!!! ;D

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 02:34:11 PM »
[

Adebayor is worries bro.  And only gettin better.  I wouldn't be surprised if he end up with a better career dan Henry.  Comparatively speaking at the same point in their careers (when Henry came from Juve). Adebayor is already ahead of Henry.
Palos
That is a real bold prediction. While comparing players at simiilar points of their early career has its uses,the history of football is full of men who had great starts to their careers and who did not fulfill that early promise( Francis Jeffers, Denilson etc.). Yes, I think that he will have a very good career but he has to do alot to surpass what Henry has done at Arsenal (Record goal scorer at Arsenal).

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 03:39:42 PM »
Palos
That is a real bold prediction. While comparing players at simiilar points of their early career has its uses,the history of football is full of men who had great starts to their careers and who did not fulfill that early promise( Francis Jeffers, Denilson etc.). Yes, I think that he will have a very good career but he has to do alot to surpass what Henry has done at Arsenal (Record goal scorer at Arsenal).

Very true.  I in no way tryin to diminsh Thierry Henry's legendary achievements at Arsenal.  I jes rememberin when Henry first came to Arsenal after floppin at Juve.  Basically a right winger with speed and not much else.  His turnaround & maturation under Wenger is one of THE football stories in modern football.  

I lookin at Adebayor who in my opinion at the same stage is already a better player than Henry was.  And that is already a HUGE improvement from when Adebayor joined Arsenal.  Same Manager, similar environment (team on the rise....peers around the same age), the sky's the limit.

Look at Adebayor.  He might not be as quick as Henry....but he not off by much.  He has a really long stride making him deceptive.  VERY strong on the ball.  His heading game is stronger than Henry's in Henry's prime.  His first touch has improved a lot.  His work rate is phenomenal.   His finishing is getting more accomplished as time goes on.  He leads the line for Arsenal now much in the same way Henry does.  And he's only 23.

One thing you cannot know is if he has the same mentality as Henry.  The mentality to be the best he could be.  But if the improvements in 1 year are anything to go by, he has that too.  I am VERY IMPRESSED with Adebayor.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2007, 10:08:20 AM »
Yes, He has really improved and his strength and heading ability gives Arsenal another dimension to their play.It will be fun and interesting to see if he continues to improve and by how much.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2007, 09:49:38 PM »
whatever.

wenger have henry back.

Ey, yo! Leave Andre alone nah, I love dat avatar  ;) ;D. Ah doh know if yuh joking wid Andre or not. However, ah not getting betwen you and Andre wid de avatar thing, let Andre talk fuh he self. Seriously meh boi, ah have ah question fuh yuh. What is de difference wid his avatar and de females we does see in we living room or bedroom on de tv, wid women in tongues and thing? Yuh doh have tuh answer meh eh, but is reality ah throwing out here boss  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
Come man SUPA, ah doh keep pictures of what going on in mih bedroom at mih desk!!! ;D

Alright Moose, ah get yuh point. Ah thought de avatar was offending tuh yuh in general. Well tuh be honest, de computer on meh desk, when ever ah do log on from it, de guys dat might pass through dey doh give ah damn, as ah matter of fact dey like Andre avatar 2  ;D. Dey does ask meh, who is dat chick wid dat big a**  in Andre avatar ,dey said she looking like ah stripper dey know :thinking:. Seriously, dis is USA, if one ah de females on my job, came tuh meh desk tuh find out some thing, although dey cool wid me and most ah de other guys, ah does still show dem respect and if is some thing like Andre avatar, ah will just scroll down or scroll up real quick, cuz is ah work place environment. Cuz if she want tuh bad mind meh, she cud report meh fuh having nude photos on de job, dat was offensive tuh her. Well if dat happen, ah cud kiss meh 10,11,12 years etc, on de job good bye. Ah guess Andre go get ah wuk fuh we  ;D.

Seriously doh, I like Andre avatar it doh bother me at all. Ah guess we have tuh know where we are and de people we have around us and just make smart decisions. Like scrolling up or down, does work for me, it may not for you. Strip, doh think dat ah ignoring yuh eh, cuz ah doh purposely ignore any member, even if ah have tuh answer yuh back wid some cuss, yuh will get ah response  ;)  ;D, cuz ah think dat is very rude tuh ignore another person. Simple rule meh boss, treat others like de way you would like to be treated. Is pure love and respect fuh each individual, until dey dis de order. However, wid reference tuh yuh post dat was addressing meh, ah wouldn't have tuh make ah next post tuh respond tuh yuh, cuz yuh should find yuh answer in dis post  ;) :beermug:

Moderators, no dis tuh all yuh, ah not using de forum tuh promote de fete. All yuh know how ah does deal wid de thing ah ready, ah must inform de people dat might be interested tuh see meh bois and dem when dey here  ;).

Tuh de reggae and Alliance lovers ,de original gangster and bad man from Jamaica, will be in town on (Sunday) 10/07/07. I'm taliking about Mr Bounty killer, he will be at Papa Keith annual Miami carnival Sunday night dance in Pembroke Pines. Ah know we have some members here in Pembroke pines, so all yuh doh have any excuse. Yuh cud walk or take ah cab, so yuh cah get ah DUI  ;). Ah know some of you all might say not me in dem young people and bad men dance nah, 2 much bad men wid dey guns does be dey. Well ah wouldn't lie tuh all yuh nah, when de Alliance (Bounty Killer, Movado, Busy signal and de rest ah de crew) performing any way, it is natural fuh dem tuh draw de bad men in de dance, dey doh have any control over dat. As ah on de subject, ah few months ago meh boi Movado was performing at ah spot in Ft Lauderdale, ah couple rude bois had dey tools wid dem in de dance, how dey get in wid de tools ah doh know nah. But dey get de vibes so much when Movado start tuh throw down he gangster songs and dem, dey pull out de business and start tuh sound it in de air (nobody got hurt). Dat is just their way of celebrating, when dey drink dey Guinness and Hennessey, wid ah big head.Well of course de police shut down de dance immediately  >:(. Wid dat said, meh point I'm geeting at is if dis is yuh type ah dance, doh be scared, come and enjoy yuh self, cuz all de promoters done know dat when de Alliance in town, is nuff BSO dey go have tuh put dey. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 12:39:19 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>