April 26, 2024, 02:52:38 PM

Author Topic: TrueTrini..Jamaica2099..come on ..the current best is Haiti!  (Read 9856 times)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TrueTrini..Jamaica2099..come on ..the current best is Haiti!
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2007, 12:10:30 PM »
Haiti politically stable ? Dat country will never ever be politically stable . Haiti does gave de rest a de carribean bad name.. allyuh fellas killing one another for politicians .. De worst thing that ever happen to Haiti is getting independence .Anyway no disresepct meant is jes facts I stating . Haiti is a very good team and I will not be suprised if Haiti reach the world cup for there first time . I dont concider you guys first Journey to the world cup (paying of de refs against My beloved TNT). I wont be proud of that ..
War.
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2007, 03:26:17 PM »
Yuh come back here to look for food?  Dis is a football forum boy. 

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2007, 04:07:03 PM »
Haiti politically stable ? Dat country will never ever be politically stable . Haiti does gave de rest a de carribean bad name.. allyuh fellas killing one another for politicians .. De worst thing that ever happen to Haiti is getting independence .Anyway no disresepct meant is jes facts I stating . Haiti is a very good team and I will not be suprised if Haiti reach the world cup for there first time . I dont concider you guys first Journey to the world cup (paying of de refs against My beloved TNT). I wont be proud of that ..
War.

Haiti politically stable ? Dat country will never ever be politically stable .

Heh! The Jews probably thought the same way about their 'pax romana' until they decided to try out their relative freedom and ...they got the Massada! Go figure or simply ask Zimbabwe!

De worst thing that ever happen to Haiti is getting independence .

Just curious: what can you possibly know about "independence"?

Haiti does gave de rest a de carribean bad name

How so? Tigers' cubs grow to become tigers, not pet cats like some of our detractors are , if you see what i mean ;)

allyuh fellas killing one another for politicians

Argentina, Bolivia, Germany, Japan, China, Turkey, Chile, Venezuela, Cuba...almost every country in the world at one time or another have "fellas killing one another for politicians ". It's only bad when it happens in Haiti, I guess.

Haiti is a very good team and I will not be suprised if Haiti reach the world cup for there first time .

No sir, that would not be the first time. We won the concacaf championship in 1973 after we beat Guatemala 2-1, finishing the competition on top with one match to spare!

I dont concider you guys first Journey to the world cup (paying of de refs against My beloved TNT)

Honestly, why would Haiti, the runners-up of the 1969 WCQ, paid off a referee against a team that it beat 6-0 just a few months earlier, specially when  Haiti was the host? Does that really make sense to you? I don't really want to take that away from you if that's all you have to lean on, however, you're just not making sense at all.

Here some important details that can help you, my friend:

1- Haiti started the competition with a victory while TnT started with a loss.

In those days, the 2 pts for a victory systems made it almost impossible for a team who has  a defeat to advance. For example, in 1969, Haiti beat everybody but El Salvador, which unfortunately won all its matches. ES qualified.

Same scenarion in 1977. Haiti had 4 wins, 0 draw, and just 1 Defeat. That one defeat caused haiti to finish 2nd to Mexico.

2- Haiti and TnT met in their 2nd match day, not in a final showdown.

It seems to me some of you think Haiti and TnT met in a winner take it all! That's quite far from the truth.

The teams met at the beginning of the competition and TnT, which was an outsider anyway at the time, came to the match with 0pt.

TnT was not considered a big team at the time. For example, TnT wasn't in the finals in 1969 and TnT's presense in Port-au-Prince was due mostly to the fact that Haiti was already qualified as host and the other top Caribbean team, the Netherlands-Antilles, was already in decline. TnT struggled to beat a reseves Haitian team just a few weeks before the tournament.

3- The controversial game

Haiti took the lead and went defensive knowing that it only needed a win against TnT. That's what induces some of you to believe that TnT was the superior team. Had any of TnT's disallowed goals counted and the match would have naturally changed. During the whole match, TnT was playing to level the game while Haiti was trying to kill the game.

Did the ref made bad calls? He certainly did as he was severly punished for that later. Many Haitians would tell you that the referees were biased in that match. But, did Haiti pay that ref? Probably not. Haiti continued to beat TnT almost everytimes they met in the 70s!!!

However, it amused me when I hear some of you say "Haiti tief we". Let's assume the corrupt dictator J-C Duvalier did pay the ref, how is that Haiti's fault  and why hating on Haiti for the actions of a man? Would you like to be held reliable for Jack Warner's actions?

4- Which team was better?

Haiti beat the team that beat TnT in TnT's opening game. Does that tell you something? Did Haiti also 'tief that team' as well or did that team 'tief' TnT?

Then, things became suddenly interesting for Haiti as the other teams started drawing each others leaving Haiti on top of the tournament. The competition was over after Haiti's 4th match against Guatemala! Naturally, the real contenders were disappointed. Believe it or not, that's the context in which TnT was able to win its remaining 3 matches.

-5 conclusion

Was TnT-1973 one of the best concacaf team or the best team out of TnT?

TnT experience in 1973 was similar to that of Panama in the 2005 GC, an outsider that had a great competition. In fact, just like the Panamanian team, the TnT-1973 team could not even qualified for the following Hex in 1977 while not only the Haiti-1973 team did qualified for Mexico 1977, the team finished 2nd in that competition.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 04:28:12 PM by Toussaint »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2007, 04:20:10 PM »
People on here will kill you for that
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2007, 04:30:45 PM »
I know. But, those who want to know the truth will come out to debate the topic instead of saying nonsense.

As, you already know, I will not lower myself to trash-talk with any1. But, I am open for constructive discussion.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline trinsolutions

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2007, 04:41:18 PM »
allyuh getting scared for what.. u guys must respect trini talent. ok

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2007, 05:24:09 PM »
I know. But, those who want to know the truth will come out to debate the topic instead of saying nonsense.

As, you already know, I will not lower myself to trash-talk with any1. But, I am open for constructive discussion.

Yuh want constructive discussion.... ok you go first ...... becuz de amount ah jackassness yuh post above wey yuh single out everything Warmonga say and trying to counter it wid yuh bullshit,only make yuh come across as someone just looking to get f**ked up or yuh just bumping yuh gum.When yuh ready for de 'constructive discussion' feel free to start.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2007, 05:35:28 PM »
No Trini in his right mind would name his son Fabrice, for instant (well at least I wouldn't unless I want him to catch real horrors in school  )

Quite right MK! :applause:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2007, 05:41:07 PM »
Toussaint and Jean ... as part of constructive discussion ... could you do something more useful ;D and authenticate this 'document'?

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=32859.0

Greatly appreciated  :beermug:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 08:42:26 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2007, 05:50:25 PM »
Actually, I asked my wife about this discussion and she said yes Jean is also a woman name in the US and probably in Canada as well.

So, as I put it, I ask the question just out of curiosity because I have never met a woman whose name is Jean and I would probably walk away from the first one who tells me her name is 'Jean' ;D Now, I know better 8)

In French, Jean = masculine; Jeanne = feminine.
Toussaint, i believe the pronunciation is differant, i have a few Haitian and french African friends and there are a lot of jean claude amongst them,it seems to be a popular name amongst french speaking ppl, but they pronounce jean differently, forinstance french jean is pronounced  jan, while english jean is pronounced gene or like the denim pants (jeans) so the pronunciation is far differant.   like tousaint in english is pronounced twosant, in french it's pronounced twosay.                      positive.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 05:55:23 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2007, 05:57:16 PM »
War.

Heh! The Jews probably thought the same way about their 'pax romana' until they decided to try out their relative freedom and ...they got the Massada! Go figure or simply ask Zimbabwe!

How so? Tigers' cubs grow to become tigers, not pet cats like some of our detractors are , if you see what i mean ;)

Argentina, Bolivia, Germany, Japan, China, Turkey, Chile, Venezuela, Cuba...almost every country in the world at one time or another have "fellas killing one another for politicians ". It's only bad when it happens in Haiti, I guess.

Haiti is a very good team and I will not be suprised if Haiti reach the world cup for there first time .

No sir, that would not be the first time. We won the concacaf championship in 1973 after we beat Guatemala 2-1, finishing the competition on top with one match to spare!

I dont concider you guys first Journey to the world cup (paying of de refs against My beloved TNT)

Honestly, why would Haiti, the runners-up of the 1969 WCQ, paid off a referee against a team that it beat 6-0 just a few months earlier, specially when  Haiti was the host? Does that really make sense to you? I don't really want to take that away from you if that's all you have to lean on, however, you're just not making sense at all.

In those days, the 2 pts for a victory systems made it almost impossible for a team who has  a defeat to advance. For example, in 1969, Haiti beat everybody but El Salvador, which unfortunately won all its matches. ES qualified.

Same scenarion in 1977. Haiti had 4 wins, 0 draw, and just 1 Defeat. That one defeat caused haiti to finish 2nd to Mexico.

It seems to me some of you think Haiti and TnT met in a winner take it all! That's quite far from the truth.

The teams met at the beginning of the competition and TnT, which was an outsider anyway at the time, came to the match with 0pt.

TnT was not considered a big team at the time. For example, TnT wasn't in the finals in 1969 and TnT's presense in Port-au-Prince was due mostly to the fact that Haiti was already qualified as host and the other top Caribbean team, the Netherlands-Antilles, was already in decline. TnT struggled to beat a reseves Haitian team just a few weeks before the tournament.

Haiti took the lead and went defensive knowing that it only needed a win against TnT. That's what induces some of you to believe that TnT was the superior team. Had any of TnT's disallowed goals counted and the match would have naturally changed. During the whole match, TnT was playing to level the game while Haiti was trying to kill the game.

Did the ref made bad calls? He certainly did as he was severly punished for that later. Many Haitians would tell you that the referees were biased in that match. But, did Haiti pay that ref? Probably not. Haiti continued to beat TnT almost everytimes they met in the 70s!!!

However, it amused me when I hear some of you say "Haiti tief we". Let's assume the corrupt dictator J-C Duvalier did pay the ref, how is that Haiti's fault  and why hating on Haiti for the actions of a man? Would you like to be held reliable for Jack Warner's actions?

Haiti beat the team that beat TnT in TnT's opening game. Does that tell you something? Did Haiti also 'tief that team' as well or did that team 'tief' TnT?

Then, things became suddenly interesting for Haiti as the other teams started drawing each others leaving Haiti on top of the tournament. The competition was over after Haiti's 4th match against Guatemala! Naturally, the real contenders were disappointed. Believe it or not, that's the context in which TnT was able to win its remaining 3 matches.

-5 conclusion

TnT experience in 1973 was similar to that of Panama in the 2005 GC, an outsider that had a great competition. In fact, just like the Panamanian team, the TnT-1973 team could not even qualified for the following Hex in 1977 while not only the Haiti-1973 team did qualified for Mexico 1977, the team finished 2nd in that competition.

this whole post and de piece ah prime real estate just east of port-of-spain known as the beetham landfill is one and the same...

:bs:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2007, 06:55:12 PM »
Merry Christmas Everybody,
                                        I just want to respond to Toussaint. He more or less had the fact ok. The TNT team was not favored in that tournament because they had performed badly in the Concacaf nations cup which was held in TT2 years before. Haiti came in 2nd to Mex. and Vorbe won the MVP. TT ended 2nd last on home soil. All because TTFA did not want to pay the pros who were playing in US(sounds familiar). We qualified to play in Haiti WC  by beating a very tough Suriname team. That time Suriname played good ball. They were on par with Haiti in the 70's. The TTFA get some pressure from the fans and they relented. So Cummings, Archibald and Selris Figaro were the pros who were drafted. Those three with their experience made the difference. The English coach, Kevin Verity and Edgar Vidale did a good job with the preparation of the team. Similar to what Beehaker did with the Soca Warriors. The game against Haiti was intense. TT was ready to play. The refereee made serious blunders with those calls. The long throws by Winston Philips unsettled the Haitian defenders. Steve David out jump them to flick the ball from the long throws. The ref rule no-goal each time. The TT players did not argue because they felt confident that they could score. But Haiti counter attacked in the latter stage of the game to score the winner. Was the ref. paid to look the other way? TT will always say yes.
    The only thing Haiti had on TT in the 70s was consistency. TT would play great in one tournament and play shit in the next. Part of the reasonwas that TTFA always had some type of problem paying the pros to play. Meanwhile Haiti had the full support of the governament and their business community. Haiti and Suriname were always  a step ahead in preparation for Olimpic and WC football in those days.

In 1978 WC, TT did not make the Hex because of Suriname. This time Suriname was ready. The 2 game were close affairs with Suri. going thru on a 1 goal aggregate. I can't complain about Suriname. They were damn good. They played nice control and one touch football. TT and Suri. had an intense and enjoyable rivalry. A lot of the TT and Suri. players remain good friend after that.

Toussaint. Trinis will always "pound" Haiti about that. I have gotten over it. The Germany redux eased my pain.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2007, 09:41:41 PM »
Jean like yu want man tap yu for your comments about TNT.. Tell meh wah happen to de refs dat refree dat Trini VS Haiti  game.. tell meh wah happen to dem nuh... I like Hait and have a lot of Haitians friends here in chicago and will love to see Haiti do well in all of there Games but we all know what happen in haiti on that day... so please dont lets go there..  If Haiti, Cuba & Jamaica were to qualy for SA I wont be Suprised.They Are all good teams.. I wish You guys Luck But yu dun Know my beloved TNT comes first .. and I cya believe Haiti politically Stable? Dey will never be unless we educate our people. Politicians have our people all pucked up .
War
Black Lives Matter..

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2007, 06:26:33 PM »
Congrats to Haiti.  :beermug: :applause: :salute:

See you in 2008. :waiting:  :bringiton:
jjbrown

Offline Flash7

• Full Warrior
  • Allez Le Rouge et Bleu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2007, 12:45:23 PM »
War.

In those days, the 2 pts for a victory systems made it almost impossible for a team who has  a defeat to advance. For example, in 1969, Haiti beat everybody but El Salvador, which unfortunately won all its matches. ES qualified.

However, it amused me when I hear some of you say "Haiti tief we". Let's assume the corrupt dictator J-C Duvalier did pay the ref, how is that Haiti's fault  and why hating on Haiti for the actions of a man? Would you like to be held reliable for Jack Warner's actions?

-5 conclusion

that's what's up toussaint, almost none of us were born during the 1970's so why does it remain a major topic Caribbean haters make on us.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 12:47:25 PM by Flash7 »

1]; } ?>