June 04, 2024, 12:27:58 AM

Author Topic: COP CANIDATE SEVERLY BEATEN  (Read 7008 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
COP CANIDATE SEVERLY BEATEN
« on: October 28, 2007, 07:55:39 AM »
CCOP candidate severely beaten

Congress of the People’s Laventille West Candidate David St Clair is in a coma at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex after being severely beaten at his campaign office on Pashley Street in Laventille yesterday.

Reports state that St Clair and a group of supporters were at the office around 9 am when four men, armed with pieces of wood and cutlasses, entered the premises and assaulted St Clair.

He was scheduled to go on a walkabout in his constituency yesterday.

Police could not say if the attack was politically motivated.

COP Political Leader Winston Dookeran and other senior party members visited St Clair at the hospital yesterday.

Dookeran said in an interview that he will be meeting with Commissioner of Police Trevor Paul tomorrow, to discuss concerns about the violence taking place during the current election campaign.

“I have expressed deep concern to the Commissioner of Police in a meeting with him earlier (yesterday) and requested protection for COP candidates, regarding a number of matters that have taken place,” he said.

Dookeran said he believed that the State had a responsibility to provide protection and also to ensure an atmosphere of peace during the election campaign.

“I am reaching out now to the Minister of National Security and Prime Minister to endorse this measure to protect the integrity of our electoral process.

“My deep concern for David and his relatives is not all that impels me in this call for the wheels of justice to move speedily and effectively,” he said.

Dookeran called for a massive manhunt for St Clair’s assailants, and for them to be brought to justice.

He said the attack on St Clair was not the only incident of campaign violence, and that candidates and campaign teams in certain areas were being confronted with demands for protection money.

The attack on St Clair comes on the heels of the attack on UNC-Alliance volunteer activist Sean Douglas on Thursday morning.

Douglas was killed a few metres from the UNC-A Laventille East/Morvant campaign office.

...UNC-A’s Juliet Davy not worried

Meanwhile, UNC-Alliance candidate for Laventille West Juliet Davy said she was not worried for her safety following news of the assault on St Clair.

“I concerned but not afraid and I console myself with knowledge that if I want to be the representative for the area, this is something I have to deal with,” she said.

She said she felt that a “special” type of person was needed to represent the people of Laventille.

“That person has to be above the normal representative to represent them as Laventille has a lot of young people who are confused and need help,” she said.

She added that she has prepared herself for any form of attack and does not intend to get security for herself.

“I was born in Shanti Town and raised in Beetham so I know the life here and how to move with people,” she said.

“I don’t see any reason why I need security. I do not have any beef with anybody.”

Ah hoping the two unc leaders not behind this shit .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: COP CANIDATE SEVERLY BEATEN
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 11:10:48 AM »

These fanatical supporters are getting out of hand.  Some of these parties really need to look at themselves to see who they aligning themselves with.

COP is probably the ONLY party you could say their supporters least likely to do this kinda nonsense.  It also have the possibility this is just the protection tax from some rogue gang and it not politically related at all. (less likely)

Imagine a candidate put at a disadvantage because of uncertainties around his health.

So Manning....still no need for international observers you say?

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 11:12:16 AM »
ah PNM not behind this shit.... not the UNC....

God is de BOSS...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 11:30:39 AM »
These fanatical supporters are getting out of hand.  Some of these parties really need to look at themselves to see who they aligning themselves with.
COP is probably the ONLY party you could say their supporters least likely to do this kinda nonsense.  It also have the possibility this is just the protection tax from some rogue gang and it not politically related at all. (less likely)
Imagine a candidate put at a disadvantage because of uncertainties around his health.
the Leaders of all political parties have to show and express their Disgust about this.
they should go to the mans office and denounce this type of behaviour
violence affects everyone....so is not political to show support in these times.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 03:21:14 PM »
Police could not say if the attack was politically motivated.

Arseness.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 03:29:57 PM »
D man eh wantto pay protectionmoney dat is why he was beaten. Is bandits and dem that saw new life when Panday was d minister of national security check d records is when d slide begun and he say he eh know what to do bout crime.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 05:19:56 PM »

yuh real fcoking fanatical boy!

how de arse yuh know dat?

steups, and den asshole TI stating is PNM do dat...steups...PNM have dat seat wrap tuh arse up,,,,if dem going tuh beat somebody den dey woulda go st augustine or Couva, TI is ah dirty fowl f**ker

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 05:36:13 PM »

steups, and den asshole TI stating is PNM do dat...steups...PNM have dat seat wrap tuh arse up,,,,if dem going tuh beat somebody den dey woulda go st augustine or Couva, TI is ah dirty fowl f**ker
You serious ...jah . Daiz like them men who say the Holocaust never happen ... a stretch I know but still .

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 05:59:56 PM »
is me yuh dey with or dcs?

i eh say it eh happen, de man get beat, i want tuh know how he could say dat de party least like;ly tuh hve supporters who go act violent is f**king dotish!

Reason is simple:  De COP new, dey supporters were either once PNM or UNC

STEUPS!

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 06:01:05 PM »
and why it have tuh be politically motivated in trute?

Like some ah dem Trinidad kidnapping, yuh really feel all ah dem is fuh business and some ah dem eh reprisals and drug/gang relaterd?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 06:14:52 PM »

That is why ,that is a message tha doh even step  :-\ IMHO

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 06:25:17 PM »

i eh say it eh happen, de man get beat, i want tuh know how he could say dat de party least like;ly tuh hve supporters who go act violent is f**king dotish!

STEUPS!

isn't that a politically motivated reason for the attack ???

furthermore, if you read the express article, you will see where the attackers said, "we don't want no f**king COP here"?

now i not suggesting these men was hired by a rival party.. but if he wasn't campaigning in laventille he head wouldnt be bandage up today..

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 07:14:57 PM »
Ah wondering if dey COP was joinded with the UNC if dey canidate  would ah geh beat op so  ??? remember how much time warner geh dem .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 08:13:48 PM »
Ridiculous what Trinidad coming to now.

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 08:14:58 PM »

STEUPS!

isn't that a politically motivated reason for the attack ???

furthermore, if you read the express article, you will see where the attackers said, "we don't want no f**king COP here"?

now i not suggesting these men was hired by a rival party.. but if he wasn't campaigning in laventille he head wouldnt be bandage up today..

steups and double steups1

eh-heh, so de other incidences of election ---or so-called election violence happened in PNM strong holds?

steups again!

I want to know why it have conflicting reports on what de attackers said!

One report claims is for protection money...aka extortion and de odder say is cuz dem eh want no COP up dey...lol

dey supposedely have nuff COP up dey, and jes de odder day ah concerned group ah Laventillians led a call fuh Manning removal and supporting de COP?

steups again!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 09:34:27 PM »

grapevine....two rallies in Santa Cruz area 50 feet apart.  One party tell the next one we brining some people from Laventille and we not responsible for what they might do.  2nd party take the high road and moved their rally.
true or false who knows....mean anything or not who knows.

But if I were a criminal I would want PNM to win.  Lewwe debate that and forget the rest even if yuh want to play blind.  It is in criminals best interest for the PNM to win...it is the most profitable option for them. That is they partners anyway...look they get promoted from gang leader to community leader with million dollar contracts.  BRAVO. Dat is no speculation.

Like I say before I don't know why things went on but before we start thinking defensively and want to exonerate people remember a man is in a coma.  A potential candidate.  That is not an assault on COP...that is an assault on our democracy because the people clearly referred to them as a party.
I really don't care which party supporters may or may not have been involved.  I already see how the parties have conducted themselves in the open to know what they about.  Again I would say again these parties need to be careful who they align themselves with.  I putting it down as FACT in my book that both the PNM and UNC were aligned with the Jamat previously and this has played no small part in the crime crisis we in. I could care less for the nonsense that has been going on in the last 2 weeks...I ready for this election to be over so people can get on with their lives.

We just need to know if T&T dumber than the Americans when it comes to putting people back in power.

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 09:42:10 PM »
yuh talking much shit!  Yuh feel dem criminals care who in power...steups!

Panday, Dookeran, Manning...no difference!

Stop bullshitting yuhself!  What makes you feel that your COrPse can do anything about crime in T&T?

What suggestions they made so far...in debates etc.?

steups

go away with yuh propaganda..NOT A DAMN SEAT FUH DEM!

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 09:44:20 PM »
By the way grapes doh really flourish in Trinidad and Tobago!

Try listeing tuh ah pumpkin vine next time!

You and yuh high road santimonious party..steups.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 09:57:52 PM »

sea grapes doing fine eh

U obviously not paying attention to what going on if you don't know what Lucky has been doing while in OPPOSITION.  We done talk bout that already.

The PNM coddles criminals and panders to them.  manning was desperate to revive PNM back in 2001 because they were a DEAD party back then.  That is why they went and make a deal with the devil (devil 1 Abu not devil 2 Ramesh  :devil:).

COP don't even have any money...they don't have no more free jerseys to hand out so I could rest assured Lawrence Duprey eh passing no money to buy Caroni.  Duprey is the one to bribe UNC and Monteil to bribe PNM. 

Anyway u done make up your mind u don't have the cahones to support a party u like but u don't think can win.  Voting is also making a statement to yourself what you stand for.

Dem two parties filthy.

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 10:07:51 PM »
yuh trying tuh tell me that Ganga and de rest ah dem clean?  Dem eh filthy?

dem who lay dong with dogs yuh trying tuh tell me eh have no fleas?

Why Dooks leave Panday/  Cuz he want de powe rhe self...and why did he stay with Panday for so long?

RACE!

Doh try and tell me dat dem clean and honourable..luhleeeze!

And anodder ting, more of de electorate in T&T votes dan in de USA.

Bush never had no outstanding nor overwhelming mandate tuh rule fella.

And what make you feel I like de COP?

steups.

I vting PNM based on my  conscience.

Could never vote fuh yuh man jack, de same man yuh defend on this selfsame board before...farless tiefing Panday and weak hearted Dookeran.

COrPse not getting ah damn seat!

truetrini

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 10:09:59 PM »
as fuh yuh sea grapes...dem doh grow on vine...so check yuh news source again!

de only grapes you and yuh COrPse getting is sour grapes when allyuh lorse allyuh deposit and doh get ah damn seat!

BELIEVE DAT!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 09:15:18 AM »

I vting PNM based on my  conscience.

makes no sense what so ever.  Go ahead and vote for Bush again...ah mean Manning.

yes yes sea grapes grow on trees. :rotfl:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 05:27:50 PM »
Well....apparently the circumstances that lead up to the cutass was this.

Candidate wanted to ensure his posters stayed up. So he cut a deal with resident community leaders to put up said posters and ensure they stay up. Unfortunately, since the reprisal shooting with the youth man who just happened to be in the vicinity of a group handing out posters, top brass kinda reluctant to give more money to so called community leaders cuz that contradicting the image the party trying to project. Instead of paying de men the money agreed...candidate apparently pocketed said funds. The rest...as they say...is history.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 08:05:46 PM »
DCS

It is your right to support COP but as d man say dem criminals eh care who in power and is your boy sadiq when he was Min of Works who resulted in URP gang warfare which have all dem gangs florishing in Laventille and Morvant. I eh askin yuh I tellin yuh. You just come back home I use to wuk police and I go to church and do community work in Morvant yuh partner Sadiq put of Sean Francis to b a local gov't candidate. So doh lwt nobody fool yuh that yh partner Sadiq and dem is choir boys. Not to mention Ganga was dey when Panday was tiefing and manohar on record sayin that is a basement dat they was livin in the house in England.

So dey now seeing d light that is great but 4 me it too late. COP is a Collection of Old Politicians who main financier is Sat Maharaj who go disown he son if I track he son so they can neva get my support
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 08:43:45 PM »

Well Sat (and the supposed drug financiers  ::)) mustbe bankrupt cuz COP has no $$

My take on the "old politicians" is that they are the best of the worse and put in a better working political system they can do good things.

T&T political reality is that ALL politicians usually historically have had no choice but to work with one of 2 parties whether said politician liked it or not. U only avoid that if u brand new like Nicole Dyer-Griffith.  So I will not discount anyone just because they were in a bad regime but I will scrutinize them more.  I for one still think Rowley and Valley (dais Diego) did decent jobs in their Ministries and I really don't care if they with PNM.  Imbert on the other hand is a rank pothound...one of them noisy ones too.

And neither Sadiq nor the chinee man running for any seats.  I don't see these old people having much influence though...this is a party of the young people and that is where their strength lies....all the young volunteers they have working on manifestos at local and national level.

COP can do better for Trinidad & Tobago than both PNM and UNC and that is my bottom line.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 08:59:13 PM »

Well Sat (and the supposed drug financiers  ::)) mustbe bankrupt cuz COP has no $$

My take on the "old politicians" is that they are the best of the worse and put in a better working political system they can do good things.

T&T political reality is that ALL politicians usually historically have had no choice but to work with one of 2 parties whether said politician liked it or not. U only avoid that if u brand new like Nicole Dyer-Griffith.  So I will not discount anyone just because they were in a bad regime but I will scrutinize them more.  I for one still think Rowley and Valley (dais Diego) did decent jobs in their Ministries and I really don't care if they with PNM.  Imbert on the other hand is a rank pothound...one of them noisy ones too.

And neither Sadiq nor the chinee man running for any seats.  I don't see these old people having much influence though...this is a party of the young people and that is where their strength lies....all the young volunteers they have working on manifestos at local and national level.

COP can do better for Trinidad & Tobago than both PNM and UNC and that is my bottom line.

So they have no influence cuz they not running for no seats?  Study the fact that if you look in every COP office....yuh seeing Mr. Dookeran face more prominently displayed than even the candidate for the area........and we all know how spineless he is.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 09:08:44 PM »

So they have no influence cuz they not running for no seats?  Study the fact that if you look in every COP office....yuh seeing Mr. Dookeran face more prominently displayed than even the candidate for the area........and we all know how spineless he is.

no we don't.  as a matter of fact he is the people's preferred choice for PM ignoring the parties.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2007, 09:19:43 PM »
look meh Sea Grapes make the papers

Rocky road for Mr Dookeran
Judy Raymond
Trinidad Express
Tuesday, October 30th 2007

Gary Griffith was supposed to be speaking in Santa Cruz on Saturday night. Instead he was standing in a crowd on Saddle Road in Maraval, holding his small son and listening to his wife speak.

Mr Griffith is the COP candidate for St Ann's East, and earlier, in search of a COP meeting in that constituency, I'd made for Uncle Beddoe's Supermarket, not far from the Croisee. I was looking for one of the party's two "big" meetings advertised for that night, to see what kind-and size-of crowd they got.

The answer was none at all. Instead there was a small PNM platform in Uncle Beddoe's car park, along with a handful of Anthony Roberts supporters. It seemed the COP venue had been hijacked.

So I ended up at the party's meeting in Maraval. There COP organiser Ken Emrith later told me the PNM was due to hold a meeting "next door" to Uncle Beddoe's, so the COP had decided to postpone its meeting until Thursday, for fear of a clash between supporters. They weren't taking any chances after that day's attack on their Laventille West candidate, David Sinclair.

Mr Griffith's wife, Nicole Dyer of Diego Martin Central, spoke about the attack, angrily and articulately, urging COP supporters not to be intimidated by it. She is becoming, despite her lack of political experience, a very good platform speaker, which is rather unfortunate for the COP: something has to be wrong if a novice is the best orator in the party.

The COP's most extraordinary performer, however, is surely Rocky Garcia, the candidate for Diego Martin West. He came out swinging, apparently rapping-inaudibly-over the music of "Sweet T&T."

But even after the music stopped it was difficult to understand what he said. "Solid as a rock"-his campaign slogan-"is grassroots," he yelled, "but is a consciousness I refer to the thing called conscious, and we can only get it by change."

Volume couldn't compensate for clarity, but I can say for sure that Mr Garcia expressed concern about poverty and the need for racial unity.

"Rastafari!" he bawled unexpectedly (Mr Garcia may be grassroots, but he is also middle-aged and white). "Positive vibration! We have to bridge the gaps between rich and poor so we can weigh the scale and bring it up to consciousness."

He was contemptuous of the other parties: "We can't go down voting for PNM 'cause is a black man thing! Waaaste of time! We can't go down voting for UNC 'cause is a Indian man thing! Waaaste of time!"

Then there was Winston Dookeran. Up to now I haven't worked out whether COP members see Mr Dookeran as a charismatic leader or a figurehead. If the former, why? And if the latter, why him?

Mr Dookeran himself is admirably quick to credit the various teams of experts who have formulated the party's policies on issues such as justice, and agriculture. He listed some of these experts on Saturday, adding in his English-as-a-second-language way that the party was "deeply embedded with democracy."

Poor Mr Dookeran is now speaking at two meetings a night, or more-that day he'd already been in Morvant and St Augustine. Sadly, practice has not made perfect. On Saturday night he told the crowd-mostly middle-class, middle-aged folks from the area-that under a COP government there would be a ministry of justice "so that the rule of law is prevailed." Security was the primary issue a government should concern itself with, and the COP would "enforce the law on anti-crime and anti-laundering." He tried to communicate something about the PNM's secret Constitution, warning that there seemed to be more than one version, which added "more compunction" to the problem.

Well, sometimes you know what he's trying to say. But does he? It's not just nit-picking to notice his green verbs, tortured syntax, malapropisms, wrong tenses and non-sequiturs.

There are many kinds of intelligence, but among those required of a national leader is the sort that involves clear and rational thinking, and the way Mr Dookeran speaks doesn't inspire confidence in his thought processes.

Or his eyesight: "It's a wonderful sight to see all of Trinidad and Tobago here tonight," he said. The evening's chairman, Roy Augustus, also tried to put a positive spin on the small size of the meeting: it was a local crowd, he said accurately, with not a maxi taxi in sight.

The Maraval gathering, however, though the crowd was keen, didn't look like a national meeting held by a winning party mere days before an election.

But then, some very odd things are happening in this campaign. A week earlier, the PNM could only pull a surprisingly small and sluggish audience in Diamond Vale, at the heart of one of its Diego Martin strongholds. The UNC is bringing in massive crowds-though generally in fleets of maxi taxis-yet scoring in single digits in some of the wildly contradictory opinion polls. With less than a week to go before the election, any number could play.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007, 09:47:38 PM »
Both parties said there meeting was at Uncle Beddoe and d COP change d venue. I guess they were run out right dcs. How I know my aunt lives on d Santa Cruz old road and when they came son asked her if they were goin to fight. So iif u ah correct dcs is out of the mouth of babes

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2007, 10:34:40 PM »
doh bodder with DCS. How de hell he could say that COrPse
"My take on the "old politicians" is that they are the best of the worse and put in a better working political system they can do good things."

What system dem ever put in power dat work?  especially since dem was NEVER in power in dis form before.  and lest he forgot  de NAR failed as a government!

doh mind he...he biased toward dat jokey party and is NOT ah DAMN seat FUH dem!

1]; } ?>