June 05, 2024, 06:26:17 AM

Author Topic: Manu vs Arsenal aka The Empire vs The Imposters!  (Read 13700 times)

giggsy11

Re: Manu vs Arsenal aka The Empire vs The Imposters!
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2007, 02:58:56 PM »
I disagree on the importance of Sagna in the game. ManU's wide play which is their traditional strength failed to penetrate for most of the game. Both Ronaldo and Giggs were very quiet this game.
On the Ronaldo goal it was Walcott who was ball watching. You can see Sagna pointing to Walcott to pick up Evra as he went to aid in shutting down Saha. Walcott let Evra  run and Saha slip the ball between Sagna & Toure. Even the commentator get it wrong.  ;D

You disagree that Sagna had an impact or that he didn't? I think there failure to penetrate was not due to Sagna's play but because both backs got support from their wingers which is one of the reasons Arsene9 uses Ebaby in front of Sagna. You are correct that it was Walcott who was ball watching on the Ronaldo goal. But I disagree that Sagna had a MOTM performence. Cheers!

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Manu vs Arsenal aka The Empire vs The Imposters!
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2007, 07:09:45 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/11/05/sfnman105.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

FA act over Sir Alex Ferguson's verbal attack
[/size]
By Jeremy Wilson
Last Updated: 12:31am GMT 05/11/2007

Sir Alex Ferguson is facing the prospect of disciplinary action after it emerged last night that the FA are poised to ask him to explain his claim that referee Howard Webb "favoured Arsenal" during parts of Saturday's 2-2 draw.
The FA take any comments which can be deemed to question the impartiality of a referee extremely seriously and it is understood they will write to Ferguson seeking clarification of his remarks. A decision over whether to charge the Manchester United manager will be taken after considering his response.

"I think Howard Webb has a great chance to be the top referee but today was a big game for him and at times he favoured Arsenal," said Ferguson. "Their second goal came from him not giving a free-kick for a foul on Louis Saha."

The FA are believed to be surprised by Ferguson's complaint, particularly as it was felt that Webb had controlled the game well and got the major decisions right. That was particularly evident over Arsenal's second equaliser, which was awarded after assistant referee Darren Cann confirmed the ball had crossed the line.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 07:17:04 PM by takenoprisoners »

1]; } ?>