June 04, 2024, 08:16:10 AM

Author Topic: Election 2007 - Voting Thread  (Read 34414 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Election 2007 - Voting Thread
« Reply #210 on: November 06, 2007, 06:06:40 AM »
What people fail to realise is that there is a great deal of dead weight in the police service. But they still there cause the service under staffed as it is. Crime doesnt have one single cause.....it has many contributing factors. So it not as simple with waving a magic wand and it gets done. The government can do certain things by themselves, but there are many things they cant do alone. So when blame is sharing.....make sure those that deserve the blame as well get it.
What do you mean by dead weight?
cant the Govt hire more people and train them or is that too simplistic of a solution?

Just reach back from Balisier House, the whole place ram out. There is a real carnival atmosphere and mini-motorcade around the savannah. The PM will be sworn in on Wednseday at 3:00 in Woodford Square, Port of Spain ( I like that) 
yep..thats what they like..jam and wine
when things continue to deterorate, hope they shut up and take whatever they get for the next few years
coming to think of it now..maybe wouldve been a good idea for Manning to get the special majority eh?
Any party that won would have celebrated Trinidadian style.
I concur
It is celebration time.....
serious work starts after they are sworn in.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 06:10:48 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 06, 2007, 07:00:39 AM »
What people fail to realise is that there is a great deal of dead weight in the police service. But they still there cause the service under staffed as it is. Crime doesnt have one single cause.....it has many contributing factors. So it not as simple with waving a magic wand and it gets done. The government can do certain things by themselves, but there are many things they cant do alone. So when blame is sharing.....make sure those that deserve the blame as well get it.
cant the Govt hire more people and train them or is that too simplistic of a solution?

Just reach back from Balisier House, the whole place ram out. There is a real carnival atmosphere and mini-motorcade around the savannah. The PM will be sworn in on Wednseday at 3:00 in Woodford Square, Port of Spain ( I like that) 
when things continue to deterorate, hope they shut up and take whatever they get for the next few years
coming to think of it now..maybe wouldve been a good idea for Manning to get the special majority eh?
I concur

Dead weight in the sense of police officers caressing their testicles and not doing nothing. Dead weight in the sense of corruption. Unfortunately, the requirements for the police service low...piss poor actually. But most people dont see it as a viable career...they more see it as something to do if nothing else works out. So we forced to bear with it. This whole country could really be summed up in one phrase..."Until better can be done...let bad continue." Is real steps to take to change that police service. It wont happen overnight. As it is now...there are no measures to convict anyone short of a written confession. Unless there are several eye witnesses.....the sworn statement is the usual ploy. What happens is that the police come with a statement....either by dropping some licks on the person held and makes him sign it admitting guilt. When it comes to trial.....the statement is all that the police have......the accused says it was extracted under duress....judge throws out case cuz there is too much doubt. Even with the DNA act in place.....legislation isn't to allow it to be used in court. Why? That requires a special majority. And you begin to see how things continue. And people who talking bout jam and wine.....so i guess when we make world cup allyuh just went ho hum and whistle and walk off ent? Ppl could find anything to talk about.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

truetrini

« Reply #212 on: November 06, 2007, 07:17:08 AM »
I magine de Police Commisssioner cyar fire ah police, de Police ervice association have dat power.

steups.

plenty people eh understnd how tings run, but dey acting sanctimonious and like dey in de know.

Tings online to address dem problems doh.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 06, 2007, 07:39:08 AM »
I magine de Police Commisssioner cyar fire ah police, de Police ervice association have dat power.

steups.

plenty people eh understnd how tings run, but dey acting sanctimonious and like dey in de know.

We using laws and systems that as old as the union jack I agree.
But we vote an old goverment back into power for the next 5 yrs, they now have to return the people's faith in them and come up with the short and long term solutions.
I don't want to hear the old cry again about the opposition hamstringing and blocking legislation. It too easy to say that if yuh brother, sister , father or mother is not the one who just get assaulted and robbed or worse yet shot and murdered lying in the street like some old red rag.
I real worked up over this crime thing and I'm sorry if I offended anybody (weary1969 accept my apologies and mukups) but I getting to the stage where I going to put away what ah have for the pickneys and pick up mih own guns.
Ah want de woman on de bass

truetrini

« Reply #214 on: November 06, 2007, 07:48:26 AM »

steups.

But we vote an old goverment back into power for the next 5 yrs, they now have to return the people's faith in them and come up with the short and long term solutions.
I don't want to hear the old cry again about the opposition hamstringing and blocking legislation. It too easy to say that if yuh brother, sister , father or mother is not the one who just get assaulted and robbed or worse yet shot and murdered lying in the street like some old red rag.
I real worked up over this crime thing and I'm sorry if I offended anybody (weary1969 accept my apologies and mukups) but I getting to the stage where I going to put away what ah have for the pickneys and pick up mih own guns.

lol  like when yuh used to play for Notre Dmae eh fishs?

lol

Doh stress it, de Governemnt have plans underway to overhaul de police service.

dere is an academy online where officers are being trained people will soon need degrees for certain jobs and positions within the police service as well as the Defence force!

Things about to change.

Listen to this, I was in a meeting jes de odder day in T&T and it came to light that dere was a home invasion and rape.  when de people from SAUTT get deym dey find de duct tape dat was used to bound and gag de victim of de rape was stuck under a police man boots!

De police and dem was still using black and white film to take pics of crime scenes in dis digital age!

De mentality/culture of de police service is long overdue for a overhaul and tings being put in place to do jes dat....it have stages and processes doh!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 06, 2007, 07:56:47 AM »

steups.

lol  like when yuh used to play for Notre Dmae eh fishs?

lol

Doh stress it, de Governemnt have plans underway to overhaul de police service.

dere is an academy online where officers are being trained people will soon need degrees for certain jobs and positions within the police service as well as the Defence force!

Things about to change.

Listen to this, I was in a meeting jes de odder day in T&T and it came to light that dere was a home invasion and rape.  when de people from SAUTT get deym dey find de duct tape dat was used to bound and gag de victim of de rape was stuck under a police man boots!

De police and dem was still using black and white film to take pics of crime scenes in dis digital age!

De mentality/culture of de police service is long overdue for a overhaul and tings being put in place to do jes dat....it have stages and processes doh!

Awright , ah guess we really ent have no other choice but to wait and see and hope and pray that things get better.
I should be finished with this hard wuk in 6 to 12 mths.
After that I will offer mih time for free in any civic program that could help but if whilst ah doing that if the thugs interfere.... ah learn how to use kalashnikov here.....
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 06, 2007, 08:20:34 AM »
.... ah learn how to use kalashnikov here.....
dais like ah 3 canal?
 :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

TrinInfinite

« Reply #217 on: November 06, 2007, 08:45:13 AM »

I concur

Dead weight in the sense of police officers caressing their testicles and not doing nothing. Dead weight in the sense of corruption. Unfortunately, the requirements for the police service low...piss poor actually. But most people dont see it as a viable career...they more see it as something to do if nothing else works out. So we forced to bear with it. This whole country could really be summed up in one phrase..."Until better can be done...let bad continue." Is real steps to take to change that police service. It wont happen overnight. As it is now...there are no measures to convict anyone short of a written confession. Unless there are several eye witnesses.....the sworn statement is the usual ploy. What happens is that the police come with a statement....either by dropping some licks on the person held and makes him sign it admitting guilt. When it comes to trial.....the statement is all that the police have......the accused says it was extracted under duress....judge throws out case cuz there is too much doubt. Even with the DNA act in place.....legislation isn't to allow it to be used in court. Why? That requires a special majority. And you begin to see how things continue. And people who talking bout jam and wine.....so i guess when we make world cup allyuh just went ho hum and whistle and walk off ent? Ppl could find anything to talk about.

you not looking at the sociological perspective just like many others who dont understand the problem... what are the main causes of crime? poverty, u/e, drugs, lack of govt initiative.... what is the root of the criminal element in an individual? the main one is broken homes in the ghetto, ah study was conducted back in 70's by ivar oxaal in trinidad, youths that grow up in broken homes are more susceptible to go for the short term incentives, rather than the long term incentives, meaning that they are more likely to steal, extort, kidnap, rather than spend the time in developing themselves in education and work hard at getting a long term career in a professional field.. right now this is the situation in the ghetto..it hasnt changed, nor has the pnm addressed this problem correctly.. youths in the heart of port of spain are even more likely to fall into the worng hands faster than youths who are not in the inner city...

the PNM has known this for over 30 years, what have they done to adress this sociological problem? the social fabric has been torn, where is the moral restoration? Of course not all youths end up on this path, but most of them do bc there is no role models...

Where is the govt programs in the ghetto besides cepep and urp? how many community centres have been built and programs invested into to get kids off the street, manning once said there are kids on the street, not street kids, this shows his neglect and ignorance to the situation.. why isnt the pnm govt spending money in the problem areas to educate and rehabilitate? its funny that trinidad has one of the biggest shortages of social workers in the caribbean and beyond to help single mothers and less so single fathers in the community.

It is easy to say DNA technology is being enhanced and help solve the murders but why do you continually avoid adressing the root of the problem, thats fine, thats good to see a technological advance in the csi of tt but where is your investment into the sociological problem with the people? ah still waiting and nothing has happened...

God is de BOSS....
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 08:46:50 AM by TrinInfinite »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #218 on: November 06, 2007, 09:17:16 AM »
Good morning allyuh

2 hours sleep and ah want to dead here in de office. Ah doh drink coffee, but this morning ah hadda take a cup with me boy.

Dey results still dey same right ??? :devil:
Dey still doing the recount for Mayaro right ???
Panday still HIGHLY annoyed with Dookeran ???
Is still ah 3 way run for Opposition Leader of dey UNC ??? Reason ah say UNC is because there is no longer ah alliance before the week over. Ramesh, Kamla and Basdeo. Jack say he ain't want part of that.

Ah swear if Dooks was infront ah Panday lass night he woulda kill him

This had to be the mudda of all elections yes....
Doh care who won, just the main fact that so many people did their duty and voted.
Even more proud of the number of young people or as someone put it to me last night, young educated people that came out and voted.

The people spoke and they were heard :beermug:
Again i'll say ah happy for Panday chile. Being her first time in politics and being so young - not forgetting female

Yeah a know it was a safe seat she had, but still.....
Hopefully she doh listen to Daddy often nah...lawd

« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 09:42:23 AM by TriniCana »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 06, 2007, 09:23:20 AM »

I concur

you not looking at the sociological perspective just like many others who dont understand the problem... what are the main causes of crime? poverty, u/e, drugs, lack of govt initiative.... what is the root of the criminal element in an individual? the main one is broken homes in the ghetto, ah study was conducted back in 70's by ivar oxaal in trinidad, youths that grow up in broken homes are more susceptible to go for the short term incentives, rather than the long term incentives, meaning that they are more likely to steal, extort, kidnap, rather than spend the time in developing themselves in education and work hard at getting a long term career in a professional field.. right now this is the situation in the ghetto..it hasnt changed, nor has the pnm addressed this problem correctly.. youths in the heart of port of spain are even more likely to fall into the worng hands faster than youths who are not in the inner city...

the PNM has known this for over 30 years, what have they done to adress this sociological problem? the social fabric has been torn, where is the moral restoration? Of course not all youths end up on this path, but most of them do bc there is no role models...

Where is the govt programs in the ghetto besides cepep and urp? how many community centres have been built and programs invested into to get kids off the street, manning once said there are kids on the street, not street kids, this shows his neglect and ignorance to the situation.. why isnt the pnm govt spending money in the problem areas to educate and rehabilitate? its funny that trinidad has one of the biggest shortages of social workers in the caribbean and beyond to help single mothers and less so single fathers in the community.

It is easy to say DNA technology is being enhanced and help solve the murders but why do you continually avoid adressing the root of the problem, thats fine, thats good to see a technological advance in the csi of tt but where is your investment into the sociological problem with the people? ah still waiting and nothing has happened...

God is de BOSS....
Either you does enjoy spewing vapid rhetoric....or yuh jus radically stupid. Yuh remember this post? As i said....there are many contributing factors to crime...and we discussed the causes and possible solutions. However social programs would have a more downstream effect. But people want results now....so those measures with regards to DNA and improved crime also need to be implemented. But yuh could lead a horse to water...yuh cant force it to drink. But...when they dehydrated...it so easy to blame the government. You is good kicks yes.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

truetrini

« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2007, 10:12:08 AM »
If zi had to guess, I would guess radically dotish!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2007, 10:56:48 AM »
you radically blind to what the hell goin on, which part of trini u hail from out of curiousity? Huh u still havent commented on my facts and intelligence in the matter, where is the moral restoration of the nation and sociological development i speak of?

I cant comment on "facts and intelligence" that doh exist. You and intelligence should never be used in the same sentence...unless in this context:
TI lacks intelligence.
You highlighted poverty as one of the root causes of crime. Ok...so the government should give every poor person a million dollars?
The government has provided social programs to help the poor improve their standard of living. They can do more...but they damn well doing something. But its always easy for persons like you to talk out of your ass and say what should and should not be done. As i said...you can lead a horse to water. The government has done that to some degree. But...if they refuse to drink...i guess its the government to blame too? Steups. Get over the dependency syndrome and get up and get. Check the ministry of social development...look at the programs they have to increase awareness about the effect of broken homes etc. Check and realize that opportunities are being provided by the government. But most importantly...Check yourself and stop talking as if you are an authority in things that you have only a fleeting degree of knowledge about.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 11:01:31 AM by Bourbon »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2007, 10:58:03 AM »
Whether u believe bout Indian vote vs African vote is yuh business check d areas where Indians support PNM is Muslim and Presbyterain. Let d joker know that when he pal Bas shut dem d Youth camp and run JohnD and Sando Tech to d ground that eh contribute to d runa way crime rate.

Despite d facts that murders reduce all yuh eh seeing that all yuh wnat zero murders to believe that there has been a reduction
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 06, 2007, 11:22:47 AM »
Ok....OK....ah couldn't help it.....ah listening Power 102....and Spawn (Cliff Learmont) say...

De people who typing de Hansard in Parliament goh ask for a pay raise soon cuz when Jack stand up to make he contribution, dey goh have to type every word 3 times!!!!!....

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh laaaawwwddd.....ah love it!!!....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

truetrini

« Reply #224 on: November 06, 2007, 11:44:46 AM »
Tobago overwhelmingly PNM!

Dem serious about politics.

lol

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2007, 11:53:36 AM »

lol

Yep....cuz there is no opposition in Tobago.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #226 on: November 06, 2007, 12:05:29 PM »
Trinidad Guardian
BY ADRIAN BOODAN

co-leader of the UNC Alliance Basdeo Panday claimed last night that the Congress of the People was paid to split votes in yesterday’s general election.

Panday made the accusation at Rienzi Complex, Couva, shortly before 11 pm.

He said he believed the drug mafia wanted to keep the UNC-A out of office.
  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

He said it was now up to party members to elect a leader for the UNC-A.

Co-leader of the party Jack Warner, who won the Chaguanas West seat, said he did not want the post of Opposition Leader.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 06, 2007, 12:09:13 PM »
TI that was probably the most intelligent post I ever see you put down on this board.  Ah wonder if the French Revolution wouldna happen if the Queen and dem did hire more military.  My recent thought is also another stop gap measure, but I think we need a serious push for education especially in the prison system...rewards for good behaviour.  But the 10 thousand pound gorilla still in the corner.  How you going and  keep one part of the people poor and let them suck dat while the rest of the people live "well off" like on tv..the cell phone, the new car.  what if manning say, yo! we going and cut everybody salary lil bit so we could f'kin have a system where the youths go get pick up from home and get drop to and from school everyday and get fed in school (no we ent playin no lip service to education, and no f'kin stupid promise bout laptop for everybody)  after school programs free who don't have food, we might even run a lil snack.  How popular you think that go be?  venezuela backwards right?  I bet yuh some of we go live to see the day when men leavin t'dad en mass to go to v'zuela.
That is my biggest peeve about manning, and people so f'kin stupid the whole philosophy of what to strive for in life is to have a lot of material things (but poor people musn't buss people neck to get it).  5 more blimps?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #228 on: November 06, 2007, 12:10:57 PM »

lol

Nah man. Yeah PNM won, but dis was too close for me... :-\  Where Hochoy get all dem votes from ???

Up to press time last night, votes for Dumas tallied 5,666 with TUF/DAC's Hochoy Charles trailing at 5,225.

In Tobago West, PNM's Stanford Callender was 6,850 with Pastor KC Roberts 4,171.

Offline d1onlysexysugar

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 06, 2007, 03:09:30 PM »
me eh biz nah ... i worked 4 elections n ah expecting me pay .... ah ent gettin in all d fine points .... it done ... get over it  :devil:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 03:18:45 PM by d1onlysexysugar »
ADM

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 06, 2007, 03:48:59 PM »
schupssss, u still havent answered the question and yuh fraid tuh say where your from, the ministry of social development is cepep and urp programs breddah, yet you havent spoken of how many soical workers are working with families in port of spain, you havtn spoken of how many community centres were built by social works? Huh i not talking about dependency, i talking about assistance for the single mothers, more programs to get kids off the streets and into environments where they can excel without having to go home looking for their next meal, u wouldnt understand that bc yuh not in the ghetto tuh see how people live and sadly die, yet yuh ranting and raving like the idiot u are... where is the youth councilling, manning say the youths will dance away their worries? Huh  i never see a rediculous statement in meh life b4, other than your statements..

God is de BOSS....

Ok ASSHOLE
1) I doh see where i live as being relevant to the topic. But i live in Five Rivers
2) Check Here. Let me know where you see cepepp here.
3) I dont know how many social workers are working with families in port of spain...but i dont think it might be zero. But since you seem otherwise informed please enlighten me.
4)Look a List of programs Here. I suppose nothing being done. Programs with encouraging youths to excel, helping them with homework are all around...i know...because i participate in those programs. I helped in the execution of the SHARE program in my area until they revamped it and started giving the families themselves cards to purchase the items in the grocery directly. From December i supposed to start with a tutoring/mentorship program with children in the champ fleurs/mt dor area.
Ridiculous is somebody who leave here over 15 years ago and talking out of his ass about what should be done and not contributing in any serious way other than lip service. The social sector is by no stretch of the imagination perfect...but steps are being taken. If you check with the PNM manifesto you would see talk of many programs that they intend to implement. How much actually would be is a different story, but having some intention is at least better than having no idea. As for you you seem intent on not letting the facts affect your opinion....and pushing the known limits of possible stupidity. In a way that commendable...if you have to be an idiot...might as well strive to be the best idiot you can be.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 04:01:34 PM by Bourbon »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 07, 2007, 02:11:58 AM »
Goodnight my fellow PNMites, and to de You ent see and de COrPse....allyuh dead...but allyuh believe in resurrection...allyuh could try tuh come again!

jes drop a little cialis or viagra over couva and chaguanas and ah sure tewo little pricks name Basdeo and Jack go pop up!

Well yes. TT dis one good :)
TT ah was wondering what happened to you, after i didn't see you post for a while. i allways enjoyed your post since before i decide to become a forumite, back when i used to browse the site. anyway bredder i didn't know that you assumed a new ID and avatar under the name jack manday, that's so halerious and inovative of you bro, you are one funny dude i swear. it's only when socafan mentiuoned TT did i realize it was you, i must say that's some real funny stuff with jack and panday putting it together like that, i would've never guess until SF mentioned your name. don't find me slow , but i just caught onn.    positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 07, 2007, 03:06:16 AM »
listen....GOD is d Boss....society have to go back into the scripture....the problems that ppl find themselves in that lead tuh all dis social unrest an anxiety is due plain an simple to the lack of a wanting to get close to d Father. Parents disappointin they chirren all roun...parents need to check deyself an wat dey doin to d youths...i does look at some ah dese school chirren an i literally afraid of d future...arrest d problems from small...

1]; } ?>