June 04, 2024, 12:41:30 AM

Author Topic: England vs. Croatia Euro Qualifier  (Read 15709 times)

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: England vs. Croatia Euro Qualifier
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2007, 04:21:41 PM »
shit side is shit side
:beermug:

Grande algebra
(shit side)  equal (big side) :devil: :devil: :devil:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 04:25:17 PM by takenoprisoners »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2007, 04:36:13 PM »
Only saw the second half, and it seemed like the better side won.

England needs one or two dynamic players in the middle of field who can do a little more than attempt to out muscle the opposition and send passes in from 30- 40 yards out........& a goal keeper who has been potty trained.....

All blame will fall on the coach, but the players need to shoulder some of it- they were less than par tonight.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2007, 04:50:03 PM »
... a goal keeper who has been potty trained.....

Yuh nearly kill mih with dat one dey kicker :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2007, 04:57:53 PM »
England shou'd've asked Trinidad to teach them that 11-0-0 formation yall use in Germany.

Well now Jamaica can teach them the 11 men in front the TV Jamaica used for Germany last year.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2007, 05:04:21 PM »
England shou'd've asked Trinidad to teach them that 11-0-0 formation yall use in Germany.

that is a bess formation  :D for real eh  :devil:

Great result!!!!!!... 100 years of cut-azz for England for cheating against Trinidad!.

it good  ;D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So England lose.
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2007, 05:25:10 PM »
Greg Ryan/Parreira/Peckerman/Van Basten/and now McClaren.....jeezanages!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2007, 05:31:29 PM »
waiting to hear some choice language from Small Magician
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2007, 05:41:07 PM »
waiting to hear some choice language from Small Magician

Wa u want me to say...  we out  ... fullstop

Macca is a ranking shithong... 

1) He started Carson in his second England game...the most important game since last year WC.. 3rd string to 1st??..  Why didnt James get the first choice?
2) He started with a very poor selection... SWP has his pace and skill but the man not even in Beckham's shadow..not to mention Beckham fights for everyball and is an inspiration and helps lift the team..2nd half proved it..
3) Hargreaves... Shithong quality less Barry starting over the best DM in the country?
4) Taking off J Cole when needing width to stretch Croatia and secondly Cole would have picked up free kicks to allow more chances

England players have to take blame as well...   anyway they will certainly feel this result for years to come...  Absolutely Disgusted..

Thank God for Man Utd

and for Euro...Go Polska

giggsy11

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2007, 05:47:37 PM »
Ah pull this from a poster on the English paper The Guardian-

SWP. At what point are people going to realise that running fast is no exchange for skill? His speed often sees him running full-pelt for a second touch after his first ends up a good 10 yards from him. Beckham, in setting up Crouch's goal showed that a player with the ability to pass to a teammate is worth so much more than a quick useless lad.

To funny!  LOL!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2007, 05:49:39 PM »
game over

i well back England in this one, but I have to say, they deserve to lose. they resort to that aimless hoof ball football and looked terrible in the 2nd half. well. i haven't looked at the Russia score but I'm guessing England out. England have to come much better than that. well, one less 'big' side to watch come tournament time :P

I was ducking the site cause i get the game delayed and wanted to be able to see it without anybody opinions or distractions..

I feel you watch the match backwards. They got booed roundly in the first half for a reason THAT was the terrible half. They looked like something else in the second with Beckham on the fireld and Richards playing wing back.

Croatia were the far better team, should've been up 4-2 by the time England equalised. They were playing away and left the possession to England on purpose and did a good job of boxing their forwards and attacking midfielders out. They cut the angles and held possession well on the counters, always going forward, never puttering about.

They also showed that they were prepared to put everything on the line physically to win the match, something that England never showed. Most importantly, they appeared  on average more technically skillful than the England players and it showed on all three goals, especially the second one (Sol Campbell get sex on the pass)

England got a very soft penalty and stil couldn't capitalise on it in the long run.
But Maclaren got his tactics and player selection all wrong to start the game. He should and will go.
To the England fans The team needs to be revamped as well. Naturalise a keeper from somewhere. Let campbell take he retirement (he earn it). Make Richards captain. KEEP BECKHAM until better can be done. Give Lampard a purge (I ent see him until he hit the penalty). Give Gerrard a bigger purge (Where was he ?) Leave Lescott where he was before we heard about him, same goes for Wright Phillips. Give Owen and Rooney a bush bath. Make sure Ferdinand stay in detox Play Hargreaves. Barry ent ready yet. Make Joe Cole vice captain. Get rid off Crouch. (he better than i give him credit for but he stinting alyuh game). Groom Bent.

And for god's sake. Just shut up for a bit. Walk softly and THEN maybe you'll carry a big stick. MAYBE.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2007, 05:51:00 PM »

Well now Jamaica can teach them the 11 men in front the TV Jamaica used for Germany last year.

Whattap !
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2007, 06:18:53 PM »
So the teams at Euro 2008 are
Poland
Portugal
Italy
France
Greece
Turkey
Czech Rep
Turkey
Croatia
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Romania
Holland
and the hosts Austria and Switzerland?

Don't forget the eventual winner, Germany

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2007, 06:19:21 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Take dat!

Long time I watching Enger-land but they have flattered to deceive for too long. This is just the chickens coming home to roost; the culmination of years of mediocrity, half-assedness and inflated expectations. Unfortunately instead of them taking steps to shore up their player & youth development, they will continue to blame the foreigners in the EPL and the coaches who employ them.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2007, 06:51:33 PM »

Take dat!

Long time I watching Enger-land but they have flattered to deceive for too long. This is just the chickens coming home to roost; the culmination of years of mediocrity, half-assedness and inflated expectations. Unfortunately instead of them taking steps to shore up their player & youth development, they will continue to blame the foreigners in the EPL and the coaches who employ them.
Some ah allyuh reallll liking allyuh self now, but say what.  This isn't unprecedented, the chickens came home to roost long time ago with past failures to qualify for the WC being the most insidiuos examples.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Quote of the day, IMHO
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2007, 06:59:20 PM »
"His mere presence lifted the crowd and his energy and delivery on the right flank was of a quality McClaren's first pick, Shaun Wright-Phillips, can only produce on a PlayStation game."
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Quote of the day, IMHO
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2007, 07:05:01 PM »
Worthless post find something else to do :o 8)
bajanscout

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2007, 07:09:51 PM »

Whattap !

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2007, 10:27:06 PM »
game over

i well back England in this one, but I have to say, they deserve to lose. they resort to that aimless hoof ball football and looked terrible in the 2nd half. well. i haven't looked at the Russia score but I'm guessing England out. England have to come much better than that. well, one less 'big' side to watch come tournament time :P

I was ducking the site cause i get the game delayed and wanted to be able to see it without anybody opinions or distractions..

I feel you watch the match backwards. They got booed roundly in the first half for a reason THAT was the terrible half. They looked like something else in the second with Beckham on the fireld and Richards playing wing back.

Croatia were the far better team, should've been up 4-2 by the time England equalised. They were playing away and left the possession to England on purpose and did a good job of boxing their forwards and attacking midfielders out. They cut the angles and held possession well on the counters, always going forward, never puttering about.

They also showed that they were prepared to put everything on the line physically to win the match, something that England never showed. Most importantly, they appeared  on average more technically skillful than the England players and it showed on all three goals, especially the second one (Sol Campbell get sex on the pass)

England got a very soft penalty and stil couldn't capitalise on it in the long run.
But Maclaren got his tactics and player selection all wrong to start the game. He should and will go.
To the England fans The team needs to be revamped as well. Naturalise a keeper from somewhere. Let campbell take he retirement (he earn it). Make Richards captain. KEEP BECKHAM until better can be done. Give Lampard a purge (I ent see him until he hit the penalty). Give Gerrard a bigger purge (Where was he ?) Leave Lescott where he was before we heard about him, same goes for Wright Phillips. Give Owen and Rooney a bush bath. Make sure Ferdinand stay in detox Play Hargreaves. Barry ent ready yet. Make Joe Cole vice captain. Get rid off Crouch. (he better than i give him credit for but he stinting alyuh game). Groom Bent.

And for god's sake. Just shut up for a bit. Walk softly and THEN maybe you'll carry a big stick. MAYBE.

Midknight...I eh watch the game backwards nah. England may have gotten booed in the first half but that 2nd half performance was pathetic. In the 1st half, England was still moving the ball around, playing with some level of tactical awareness. At least they were passing the ball on the floor and with intent into a man feet. Joe Cole and SWP get plenty touches going forward and ran at defenders. Even Wayne bridge was getting forward repeatedly. 2nd half..W Bridge eh make a note in the attack. Compare how many touches in attack SWP had compared to Becks. becks had a nice assist on crouch goal, but he was far more prominent in defense than attack. Compare the number of free kicks England had in and around the box in the 1st half due to some good combination play.... 2nd half Engalnd had no build up play on the flanks, and there was no attempt to pass the ball to feet and once Joe Cole came off..noone to run at defenders. Except for a early flourish in the 2nd half..it was all boom from England. they get a lucky penalty and a goal on the break to disguise it. They even quiet down the Croatian attack for a good 10-15 minutes. But any attempts to play football went out the window..Jermaine De Foe eh touch the ball yet cuz every ball into him was a good 2 feet above his head, not a pass into his feet. And doh talk about after they score the 2nd goal..it was panic time. Launch it from anywhere. Poor poor 2nd half imo. And Richards play wing back all game, so I eh too sure what you mean. but dat is football..watch the same game..see two different things.... :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2007, 01:30:27 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2007, 02:28:54 AM »
that was a beautiful stroke for 6 runs ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2007, 03:30:08 AM »
Midknight...I eh watch the game backwards nah. England may have gotten booed in the first half but that 2nd half performance was pathetic. In the 1st half, England was still moving the ball around, playing with some level of tactical awareness. At least they were passing the ball on the floor and with intent into a man feet. Joe Cole and SWP get plenty touches going forward and ran at defenders. Even Wayne bridge was getting forward repeatedly. 2nd half..W Bridge eh make a note in the attack. Compare how many touches in attack SWP had compared to Becks. becks had a nice assist on crouch goal, but he was far more prominent in defense than attack. Compare the number of free kicks England had in and around the box in the 1st half due to some good combination play.... 2nd half Engalnd had no build up play on the flanks, and there was no attempt to pass the ball to feet and once Joe Cole came off..noone to run at defenders. Except for a early flourish in the 2nd half..it was all boom from England. they get a lucky penalty and a goal on the break to disguise it. They even quiet down the Croatian attack for a good 10-15 minutes. But any attempts to play football went out the window..Jermaine De Foe eh touch the ball yet cuz every ball into him was a good 2 feet above his head, not a pass into his feet. And doh talk about after they score the 2nd goal..it was panic time. Launch it from anywhere. Poor poor 2nd half imo. And Richards play wing back all game, so I eh too sure what you mean. but dat is football..watch the same game..see two different things.... :beermug: :beermug:

I should have said 'start getting forward' and not 'start playing wing back about Richards' - I get tie up with a statement the commentator say about him finally playing LIKE a wing back and thus creating more chaos in the Croatian box in the first part of the second half.

Ah have to admit that I had a nice 10 minute blank somewhere in between the 25 and 35th minute cause I get a phone call and was a bit distracted. But where I coming from, is I ent see England get the ball into the croatian box once during that time. If you call 'playing football' knocking the ball around in between your own defenders and defensive mids when you down 0-2 at home after 15 minutes, then yes, England was playing football in the first half. To me it look like they couldn't figure out the angles, and nobody seemed capable of getting past their man; everytime the ball start to get close to the box, it get cut out or intercept by one of the fellas in the blue picnic tablecloths, and the strange thing was I remember asking mihself if the Croatians were giving them the ball back for spite just to frustrate them.

In the second half, Richards playing higher/running harder a few times allowed him to get past a few men, even if his crosses weren't always on point. Beckham may have been more prominent in defense as you say, but I remember thinking how healthy the dose of respect the Croatian defensive mids/wingers were giving him every time he had the ball going forward. Thats what allowed him to swing in that cross and about 2 or 3 other potentially dangerous ones.

Ah agree with you on Defoe not getting the ball to feet, but I put that down to the Croatian boxing out having worked to maximum efficiency in the first half. You can't keep doing the same thing (repeat first half tactics) the same way and expect different results, and that would explain the change in tactics.

I guess we just disagree on what you call boom kick football. For me, not because the ball in the air is boom kick. short crosses into the box is something completely different from long passes from out of the defence onto the "control tower" striker. The main difference in between the two halves for me is that England actally look like they was TRYING TO SCORE and not simply TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO WITH THE BALL. You could put it down to a drop in gears of the Croatian defensive midfield.

Ah agree with you that they start sh*tting down they pants after they equalise though. Didn't know what to do with the ball at all at all.

As you say though, that is football, no 2 people apprehend things the same way. Which is why is ah art and not a science :beermug:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2007, 05:10:35 AM »
Hear nah mih luv dis here forum bad, bad, bad......

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh lord West Coast yuh take de words out mih mouth....."and it goes for 6 runs".....

Dis one need to be over in de memorable quotes thread in General.....

Ah next one ah luv.....

"His mere presence lifted the crowd and his energy and delivery on the right flank was of a quality McClaren's first pick, Shaun Wright-Phillips, can only produce on a PlayStation game."

As for H'england.....Hallelujah!!!..... mih eh goh have to watch Crouch wid he long, beanstalk, bamboo, stick insect self on mih damn TV screen next year....is about time dey get haul back down to earth....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2007, 09:34:31 AM »
Dat was England version of Nov 19, 1989 right dey.

I for one empathise with their fans.  Dat eh nice at all.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2007, 11:06:52 AM »

Let these glass-house denizens rejoice nah man, doh rain on de people parade.

Disagree with the comparison btw...is only Euro, they fail to qualify fuh WC before.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2007, 11:35:08 AM »
i actually think what england going thru is worst than anything we ever had to deal with.. they going thru a biennial depression for donkey years now..

is one thing as trini fans backing our team with our own personal delusions of grandeur, expecting great things, whilst the rest of the world sees us as minnows and expect little more than an honest effort from us...

is quite another to be backing an english side that represents the birthplace of football, the home of the biggest football league in the world, with the most marketed superstars and with a global audience continuing to expect great things; all with the same personal delusions of grandeur..... and then go on to poops down de place in every big game in every consecutive tournament..

i cant help but feel sorry for them, but what all you england fans need to do is accept the conclusion that the rest of us who live outside your bubble in the real world of football have been trying to tell you for too long now...

england is ah shit side!!

the sooner you humbly accept this fact and start thinking of ways to deal with that, the better...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 11:38:32 AM by omarldinho »

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2007, 11:45:45 AM »
I personally upset becuase when you living in the country and big tournamnet going on everything sweeter !

real limes, yuh get to leave work to watch games, nice vibe in de air, all sorts of freebie promtions....dam..............................now I have to back france
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2007, 11:53:53 AM »
Small Mag, between you and that English side I eh know who need the bigger dose of Ex-Lax.

Dem for really believing that they that good or for you for backing them in the first place.

That side was shit, is shit will always be shit like I keep saying all name and no game. That loss yesterday was as surprising as the sun rising this morning.

And as if scripted on tv this morning some ole ass who was on the WC 66 winning side talking shit like is the same game, bout who do this and who do what and back when he played that could've never happened. SHUT THE FU_K UP!

Euro Cup will be just as good without them might be even violence free. No drunken England fans climbing up on lampost and strting a brawl when they beat up on some weaker side.

Small Mag take 2 a day for 7 days and call meh if symptoms persist,.

Més que un club.

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 12:13:06 PM by takenoprisoners »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2007, 12:19:31 PM »

Let these glass-house denizens rejoice nah man, doh rain on de people parade.

Disagree with the comparison btw...is only Euro, they fail to qualify fuh WC before.

The comparison was more along the lines of 1 game, at home, 1 point to qualify for a major championship, and lorse.  PAINFUL
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2007, 12:36:23 PM »

1]; } ?>