June 16, 2024, 12:29:59 AM

Author Topic: Edwards excused from friendly vs Guadeloupe.  (Read 9457 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Edwards excused from friendly vs Guadeloupe.
« on: January 29, 2008, 05:47:46 AM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Sunderland midfielder Carlos Edwards has asked to be excused from the February 6 international friendly against Guadeloupe. The former Wrexham star made the call home on Monday and explained that he still was some way off being a hundred percent fit following his break foot injury last year and prefers to sit out the encounter and make himself available to the country for future encounters.
Edwards only last week returned to full training with Sunderland and manager Roy Keane has been hesitant in putting him back into the first team although he could feature on the weekend against Liverpool.
Coach Anton Corneal said Edwards' stance was understandable at this time. Edwards further stated that he will be in full flight for the March 26 affair away to Jamaica.
"I'm a bit saddended to be missing this game (Feb 6) because obviously it's a big one with the majority of the players coming back and with it just being right after Carnival and to kick things off for the campaign. But I honestly don't think I'm 100 percent as yet even though that will only come with playing time too. But I definitely will be back and I'm eying that one against Jamaica," Edwards told TTFF Media.
Sparta Rotterdam striker Darryl Roberts is also unlikely to make the trip home with club management preferring for him to remain on club duty. That means now that thirteen other places could be up for grabs among the home-based professionals with no decision taken yet on a possible look at another overseas-based player.
The other overseas-based already confirmed for the fixture include Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones, Walsall goalie Clayton Ince, Collin Samuel, Wrexham's Silvio Spann, Ujpest FC's Densill Theobald, Swansea City's Jason Scotland and Southampton striker Stern John.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Edwards excused from friendly vs Guadeloupe.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 07:08:20 AM »

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 08:39:26 AM »
sparta " before u speak choose your words wisely"

darryl " eh i goin trini we have an ash wednesday game"

sparta " no darryl saty and play"

darryl " why?"

sparta " THIS IS SPARTAA!!!!!"
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 08:47:02 AM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

"I'm a bit saddended to be missing this game (Feb 6) because obviously it's a big one

Eh eh Carlos, it eh dat big....stay dey and recover.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 08:47:23 AM »
Ah feel Edwards' wifey must be ban him from playing mas this year

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 09:01:24 AM »
...his break foot injury...
Lawd Fadda.

small thing, doh vex wid him, if he let slip in he writing de way some of us(some ah we)does talk.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 09:17:13 AM »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 09:40:45 AM »
Ray Charles saw dat comin and he blind and dead. Another reason y d 150 is highway robbery
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 11:50:01 AM »

darryl " why?"

:rotfl:

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 11:53:20 AM »
thirteen other places could be up for grabs among the home-based professionals with no decision taken yet on a possible look at another overseas-based player.

Most likely meaning they have no intention of calling Sancho or Birchall or anyone else, so much for "possible future call ups"

edit: and I thought UEFA and FIFA came to an agreement about compensating for international matches. Isn't sparta in on the deal? Why are they holding Roberts on a FIFA date?

« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 12:02:00 PM by E-man »

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 12:51:43 PM »

darryl " why?"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 01:00:46 PM »
Ray Charles saw dat comin and he blind and dead. Another reason y d 150 is highway robbery

same shit different year...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 01:29:38 PM »
Dont understand how Sparta could hold Roberts back from playing on a fixed international FIFA date

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 01:40:31 PM »
Dont understand how Sparta could hold Roberts back from playing on a fixed international FIFA date
Who say they holding him back? Maybe they ask him to stay and he agree. They in worse relegation trouble than Sunderland. Maybe he want to stay and help out the cause.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 02:14:21 PM »

He have a lil darkie in de Hague that occupying he free time....

Offline king carlos

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 06:22:45 PM »
Carlos is still struggling with injury. I hope he comes out of this a stronger and better player (if its possible) for both club and country. He's one of the best players I have seen at Sunderland.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 06:38:53 PM »
lets get on with it......

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 07:25:37 PM »
Carlos is still struggling with injury. I hope he comes out of this a stronger and better player (if its possible) for both club and country. He's one of the best players I have seen at Sunderland.

He not just ''struggling'' with injury,he actually reinjure his ankle and could be out another 3 to 4 weeks....Carlos need a bush bath den he hah tuh get dip in some lime and vinegar..dis man real unlucky
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 07:32:53 PM »

He not just ''struggling'' with injury,he actually reinjure his ankle and could be out another 3 to 4 weeks....Carlos need a bush bath den he hah tuh get dip in some lime and vinegar..dis man real unlucky

You cannot be serious.... >:(

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 08:21:32 PM »

Berris where you get that ankle injury from, when the man say from his own mouth that he's in the line up for liverpool on the weekend. ah hope yuh wrong .                                                     positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 09:04:35 PM »

Berris where you get that ankle injury from, when the man say from his own mouth that he's in the line up for liverpool on the weekend. ah hope yuh wrong .                                                      positive.

Meh breddah, I hope so too,but dais de info ah get,leh we wait n see.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 09:10:30 PM »

Berris where you get that ankle injury from, when the man say from his own mouth that he's in the line up for liverpool on the weekend. ah hope yuh wrong .                                                     positive.

Man still going with old rumor of last week
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 09:21:48 PM »

Man still going with old rumor of last week
What about the article that started this thread, is that from last week too.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 09:22:40 PM »

Berris where you get that ankle injury from, when the man say from his own mouth that he's in the line up for liverpool on the weekend. ah hope yuh wrong .                                                      positive.

Meh breddah, I hope so too,but dais de info ah get,leh we wait n see.
positive.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 02:06:12 AM »
Who say they holding him back? Maybe they ask him to stay and he agree. They in worse relegation trouble than Sunderland. Maybe he want to stay and help out the cause.

Is Guadeloupe a full international team? They never used to be, in which case Sparta could do what they want, because, officially, TnT dont have an international match on the date.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2008, 08:59:36 AM »
...his break foot injury...
Lawd Fadda.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: saw that too and thought it was a typo  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2008, 09:02:00 AM »
thirteen other places could be up for grabs among the home-based professionals with no decision taken yet on a possible look at another overseas-based player.

Most likely meaning they have no intention of calling Sancho or Birchall or anyone else, so much for "possible future call ups"

edit: and I thought UEFA and FIFA came to an agreement about compensating for international matches. Isn't sparta in on the deal? Why are they holding Roberts on a FIFA date?

NO SAMUEL, SEALY, BIRCHIE, AVERY, CYD ANDREWS,  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2008, 11:25:20 AM »
Good call Edwards, take yuh time and get better...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2008, 11:29:49 AM »

NO SAMUEL, SEALY, BIRCHIE, AVERY, CYD ANDREWS,  :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm puzzled too. USa warming up against Sweden, we warming up against Puerto Rico..... >:(

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2008, 12:11:45 PM »
Come on Grey is d TTFF no need 2 be puzzle. If Sweden was playin PR dat would a b puzzling
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>