June 01, 2024, 05:17:43 PM

Author Topic: Scotland hits back at critics.  (Read 4157 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Scotland hits back at critics.
« on: February 04, 2008, 10:34:18 AM »
Scotland hits back at critics.
Vitalfootball.co.uk

Swansea City's top scorer Jason Scotland has hit back at his critics who say he doesn't work hard enough during games.
The Trinidad & Tobago striker has scored 16 goals this season but has received criticism from some fans for his lack of effort and involvement during games.
Despite his way of playing, Scotland is doing exactly what's expected of him, scoring goals regularly and helping us to gain promotion to the Championship.
Jason Scotland told the News of the World:
'Some people question the way I play.
'They say I'm too laid back. That's because I'm from the Caribbean and we're all supposed to be laid back!
'If I worked hard and didn't score then they would criticise me for not scoring.
'Maybe I am laid-back but I'm scoring goals and that's the important thing.
'That's what I'm paid to do.'
The criticism is harsh to say the least. We signed him to score goals and in his first season with us he looks like passing the 20-goal mark.
His style of playing can be frustrating to watch - his lack of speed and enthusiasm at times but if he scores and we win, then it's happy days.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 06:42:42 PM by Flex »

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland Hits Back At Critics
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 11:03:20 AM »
Scotland Hits Back At Critics
Vitalfootball.co.uk

Swansea City's top scorer Jason Scotland has hit back at his critics who say he doesn't work hard enough during games.

The Trinidad & Tobago striker has scored 16 goals this season but has received criticism from some fans for his lack of effort and involvement during games.

Despite his way of playing, Scotland is doing exactly what's expected of him, scoring goals regularly and helping us to gain promotion to the Championship.

Jason Scotland told the News of the World:

'Some people question the way I play.
'They say I'm too laid back. That's because I'm from the Caribbean and we're all supposed to be laid back!
'If I worked hard and didn't score then they would criticise me for not scoring.
'Maybe I am laid-back but I'm scoring goals and that's the important thing.
'That's what I'm paid to do.'

The criticism is harsh to say the least. We signed him to score goals and in his first season with us he looks like passing the 20-goal mark.

His style of playing can be frustrating to watch - his lack of speed and enthusiasm at times but if he scores and we win, then it's happy days

What's new! I think UK based Trini's have known this fuh years. British people always been saying this about T&T players. All our past and present players have recieved this type of critisism at some point during their UK careers. Lata's was probably the least picked on, mainly as his style was more 'busy' than the rest. Brits keep going on about commitment and desire which to them is chasing lost causes, full throttle in every challenge, playing a very physical game, running round at 100mph. If you grow up watching ball in T&T is hard to see what they talking about sometimes, but if you take an objective look at say...... Dwight and Stern they both have a very relaxed, languid style of playing ball....on occasion it does look like they not really bothered.

We know different though.

Imagine, the man cost relative peanuts and come from a league that some supporters of Division One sides say is the equivalent of the Conference, he score 16 goals so far in his first season and Swansea top of the league and yet people still finding something to complain about. You'd think Swansea was Real Madrid yes!  >:(

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 11:49:27 AM »
they just doh understand the island style.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 12:50:18 PM »

What bothers me though is that they so believe in this style of play and it hasn't won England or the rest of Britain anything, except a WC at home.
The coach brought in Scotland so he knew what to expect.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 01:45:11 PM »
       I don't think you can blame them because every player that leaves the islands have to adjust and make changes in order to make it in the foreign leagues,i don't think we have a style hence the consensus here is that the Pro league is no good,people not going to watch it,our locals not up to the required standard,you hear it on here all the time,sometimes we have to take what ever is said about us with a grain of salt.   

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 02:39:51 PM »
Maybe the man work ethic bad but he has a nack for scoring goals. Pre WC Stern was scoring yet men was calling for he head every game. Stern lost some weight, increased work rate and now the Stern hating threads almost non existent.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 08:15:15 PM »
The man scoring alot of goals and has a major impact on their successful season and yet they stil criticising ???

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 03:26:52 PM »
it sounding like i could play da level boy....nice..leh meh do some sit ups...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline SwanseaCityWarrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 03:23:01 PM »
The man scoring alot of goals and has a major impact on their successful season and yet they stil criticising ???

Mate the fans love him i think hes quality. The media just slag off his layed back style and say he dosent play with enough urgency. But the fans love him...

Yes im back also lol

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Scotland hits back at critics.
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 04:53:02 PM »
Is just me?

I always thought Scotland had speed, could shoot with either foot and was capabale of taking shots from outside the box.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 08:46:01 PM »

i think its possible to score alot of goals and still be guilty of slacking and not playing hard.  If yuh have 16 and yuh slacking, then yuh prolly coulda have 23 with a lil extra effort.
I have never seen him play for them so I cant tell.
But I think this is the same problem many of us had with Stern, yeah he would bus the net, but damn the time in between that...frustrating.

its like my teachers used to say bout me in school  "the boy have potential, if only he would try harder"

1]; } ?>