May 28, 2024, 08:07:35 PM

Poll

Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?

Yes
25 (47.2%)
No
28 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ronaldinho Thread  (Read 206586 times)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: RONALDINHO: A.C.MILAN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
« Reply #840 on: July 16, 2008, 10:08:30 AM »

with all that said....ya dont think Barca squad a lil think in terms of numbers??
after that 11 ya call there...well 12...they have krkic and maybe gudjohnsen if he stay....they better have some youths comin up if they eh buyin again...
but they should with ronaldinho money in the bank now

If the bench thin again.

Milito (injured)
Sylvinho
Oleguer
Jorquera (Keeper)
José Martín Cáceres (Uruguay)
Rafa Marquez

nothing in the way of attack or midfield
I starting to get a headache yes

Més que un club.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 16, 2008, 10:12:29 AM »
this is Bojan breakout season..

Eidur go back up in attacking mid/forward..

They must buy ah next forward if they sell Eto'o (hopefully not Adebayor).

They must buy 1 or 2 more nippy men for de midfield and attack..

And they have ah couple gems in de youth setup too..

de sky eh fallin fellahs..  ronaldinho and deco were unrecoverable at barcelona, get over it.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 16, 2008, 10:45:04 AM »
Who, in they right mind, thought that a WC/CL winner and a former world player was going to Man City?

I feel if that was the only offer left in Europe he would've rather gone back to Brasil.

Barca go be ok next year man.

They will play a bit differently than we used to. I feel Guardiola will set them up a bit more conventional and solid now that he is without a mercurial talent he could just stick out on the left and give a free role to do his thing.

I feel Henry will come good if he gets a full season at his natural position of center forward under his belt. I feel Danny Alves go be a revelation and will put in some nice ball for Henry. And I feel Messi go be player of the year next year.

That is not no Champions League winning side dey.

Hleb is a decent player but down the stretch he eh no R10.
Barca should've bargained for Pato or Pirlo. The more I think about it, the more I feel it go end bad.

yeah but consider that is ah squad dat Barca buliding ...dem fellas name you call eh sitting on bench...bench warmers are necessary for any successful team. When a team challenges for more than 1 title they need players who are prepared to take the inferior role for the benefit of the team. Players need to be rested and bench warmers are key to keep the momentum going. Also it is good for team chemistry when you have benchers who accept their role ...Some benchers have even gone on to be regulars ... last thing you want as a breeder is a fight between your prized stallions !!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 16, 2008, 11:11:27 AM »
As a huge Milan fan I am uncertain as to this signing. Ronaldinho is a a master footballer, but is he what Milan needs. They already have Seedorf & Kaka who links midfield to attack and Pirlo who links back line to midfield and attack. Defensive midfielders they solid.
Now they are in need of defenders (no secret). They still have not solved their striker issues. So their shopping list still includes a striker (or two) and a minimum of two defenders.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 16, 2008, 11:39:37 AM »
As a huge Milan fan I am uncertain as to this signing. Ronaldinho is a a master footballer, but is he what Milan needs. They already have Seedorf & Kaka who links midfield to attack and Pirlo who links back line to midfield and attack. Defensive midfielders they solid.
Now they are in need of defenders (no secret). They still have not solved their striker issues. So their shopping list still includes a striker (or two) and a minimum of two defenders.

Yeah but Seedorf is 19 and ...plays like it doesn't he .... Kaka needs a rest sometime ..imagine having Dinho in attack on any team. Ronaldinho on song is still, the world's best player for me ...yeah he has gone off colour for awhile and needs to reinvent himself but he is still world class. Milan got one chance to get him and they took it now he wont be playing against them and for now he is theirs ...
you know how many additional Milan shirts they will sell this year..especially when Dinho shines in the olympics ...if was Beckham everyone would have seen the commercial side of the deal but Dinho ??? ..man eh studying dat at all !!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 16, 2008, 11:50:22 AM »

Yeah but Seedorf is 19

4kka young boy
I eh know he was younger than Messi and dem

Més que un club.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 16, 2008, 12:34:51 PM »
so far i like the moves barca making this off season. i hope they hold on to Eto. dat boy is world class!! they need a left sided midfielder badly...but they wont miss dinho and deco (although great players) that much because of the style of ball guardiola going to have this team playing. barca, if you can believe it, is going to be more of a work-man-like team...very cohesive in attack and defense. i think this is how they won those championships couple years ago. now men aint want to tackle in midfield, they aint want to run back and everybody doing what they want. the kinda midfielders they have out their any one of them can posion you on any given day!!

the danny alves buy was the biggest this off season for them though!!! :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 16, 2008, 01:40:45 PM »
Why Ronaldinho can't play for Man City?

The problem with plenty of these leagues is that you have 3-4 teams with all the top players, and everyone else just waiting for somebody else to buy their top player.
A good business model? Yes.
Makes for a stronger (better) league? That depends on how you measure it.

Ronaldino at Man city would certainly, for me, be a more compelling and interesting move, than him joining A.C. Milan.

Now this is not me saying the man should give up his dreams or the payday or whatever, nor am I debating if the style of play in the EPL suited to his game. This could just as easily be a conversation about Willem II or Hertha Berlin.

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 16, 2008, 02:03:28 PM »

when Jah Gol, Disgruntled Trini and Omarldinho posting back to back in one thread, is pressure on men intel processors.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #849 on: July 16, 2008, 02:24:39 PM »

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 16, 2008, 02:32:30 PM »
As ah Milan man the main reason that i happy about this buy is de fact dat dis mean dat Galliani eh goin to buy Adebayor again...cause dat was real scarin me.....adeybayor???? nah man we good...he never really impress me and one good season eh really change dat.. i woulda like to see we try for berbatov, but look like Man U. goin and do it again...but like a soldier say a few comments above me dey, we need a few defenders with yute and durability....plus we need ah keeper, why we gone take juventus back up keeper when we coulda try buy ah young prospect like that russian keeper...beats me...we coulda also look for the russian striker pavlienchenko or wtv he name is...i takin he b4 Adebayor and all..
But ronaldhinho have skill and talent is jus he atitude towards de game dat never impress me..i hope he doh try take de lead role away from Kaka (who is more effective as a midfielder) by bein ah ball hog like in d lass world cup, but on the good side dem go cyah double and triple team Kaka again cause dem go have to put at least two man on Dinho too...so we go see wah go happen. I hope to see a few low key buys now dat we get our "headline" signing.

Forza Milan
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

giggsy11

« Reply #851 on: July 16, 2008, 04:39:28 PM »

The problem with plenty of these leagues is that you have 3-4 teams with all the top players, and everyone else just waiting for somebody else to buy their top player.

RonLaldino at Man city would certainly, for me, be a more compelling and interesting move, than him joining A.C. Milan.

Now this is not me saying the man should give up his dreams or the payday or whatever, nor am I debating if the style of play in the EPL suited to his game. This could just as easily be a conversation about Willem II or Hertha Berlin.

You must be a closet Man City fan. The man's brother toy with City the same way he toyed with United before he went to Barca. He has zero desire to play in the EPL! He didn't go to United then which could have  offered CL and a chance to win everything aint going to City in this day and age when they have not won shite in years! The man still does care about football!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 16, 2008, 06:24:05 PM »

RonLaldino at Man city would certainly, for me, be a more compelling and interesting move, than him joining A.C. Milan.

You must be a closet Man City fan. The man's brother toy with City the same way he toyed with United before he went to Barca. He has zero desire to play in the EPL! He didn't go to United then which could have  offered CL and a chance to win everything aint going to City in this day and age when they have not won shite in years! The man still does care about football!

giggsy, it ain't as simple as toying nuh ... why pursue leverage where it is perceived not to exist or where it would be structurally useless? what would be the benefit of that.

I think the outcome of the transfer supports my claim - and part of yours with respect to City's quality with which I don't disagree. However, if yuh ask me, from Thaksin's viewpoint - although Mark Hughes is an ambitious manager with enough to support the interest in him - a different, more branded manager may have been more influential in bringing R-dinho to City ... Anyway, I think what we may find is that City is a club that's capable of punching above its weight class ... and dahis why I say City held the ingredients for a challenge. Frankly, R-dinho was likely greatly influenced by the cultural aspects/implications of moving to Manchester rather than to Milan.

I'm in agreement with Observer as to whether Milan need R-dinho ... this is a luxury signing ... izza kinda of welfare signing.

+++

Ronaldinho should be quite thankful that Galliano stepped in to save his ass and his public perception and his advertising contracts (that feature certain stipulations) and more.

Boca Juniors approached R-dinho at the Copa Libertadores finals.  Boca would have been a fate worse than Man City. No need to speak exhaustively on the LA Galaxy offer. However, as far as the return to Brazil referenced by Disgruntled as the option R-dinho would have pursued if City was the only offer on the table, I say ... nah ... it ain't that simple. I think we may find that the uncertainty as to his future was lingering longer than many think and that it was indeed closer than many think but for Milan's intervention last week.

City appear to have put together a solid package for R-dinho. They bid 25 m quid. Milan got him for less - which in itself is instructive - and a three year contract. Not exactly inspired by full confidence. More properly viewed as brimming with expectation. They probably got it right as far as what they paid, what they'll get and whether it was worth it (hadda factor in the net derivative $$$ having him at the club brings) ...

+++
A move to Brazil would be a position of last resort if total rehab of the player from all possible angles was the guiding force - but Ronnie's prospects of a club career wasn't in tailspin ... it is his international future that could have been (could be) in jeopardy. The rehab wouldn't primarily be from the perspective of club/work ethic perspective ... it would have to be tied to the national team framework ... and right now in Brazil there are no such guarantees available to Ronaldinho given what's going on with mgmt there - hence, playing on the Olympic platform is a major piece of R-dinho's puzzle ... and hence I won't be surprised to discover that Milan's position is yeah - go to Beijing ...

Roberto - as a player made precipitous decisions in deciding his club future - purely by chasing the money ... as R-dinho's agent he has been careful not to repeat his own sins ... remember this is a player who came close to playing in Scotland.

Anyway, ah wonder whether a journey thru the Premier is not becoming the proving ground to stamping a mark of excellence on a player's career ... speaking in general terms here
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 07:18:05 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 16, 2008, 06:49:05 PM »
As ah Milan man the main reason that i happy about this buy is de fact dat dis mean dat Galliani eh goin to buy Adebayor again...cause dat was real scarin me.....adeybayor???? nah man we good...he never really impress me and one good season eh really change dat.. i woulda like to see we try for berbatov, but look like Man U. goin and do it again...but like a soldier say a few comments above me dey, we need a few defenders with yute and durability....plus we need ah keeper, why we gone take juventus back up keeper when we coulda try buy ah young prospect like that russian keeper...beats me...we coulda also look for the russian striker pavlienchenko or wtv he name is...i takin he b4 Adebayor and all..
But ronaldhinho have skill and talent is jus he atitude towards de game dat never impress me..i hope he doh try take de lead role away from Kaka (who is more effective as a midfielder) by bein ah ball hog like in d lass world cup, but on the good side dem go cyah double and triple team Kaka again cause dem go have to put at least two man on Dinho too...so we go see wah go happen. I hope to see a few low key buys now dat we get our "headline" signing.

Forza Milan

I jus had to comment on this post yes.....

the talk bout Adebayor not being up to mark and havin one good season.
I agree with that point to some extent.
He is way overpriced for one good season. English media overhypes players REAL plenty.
but adebayor did real good this yr. Plus he destroyed AC in the champ. league. especially at the San Siro. he was on FIRE!! they couldnt touch him at all....and i like AC but they REAL disappointing. They becoming the Liverpool of Italy yes!
forget bout the league around Januray...only take on d cups...

Also u mentioned AC going for Pavlyuchenko and saying Adebayor only had one good season....
But the majority of the world and almost everybody on this board must be never hear bout him b4 the Euros.....so we only really know bout him for a 2 months of football....
and if ya heard of him for qualifiers even...still less than a yr.
he still good but come on..give Adebayor a break doh mind he overpriced baddd

anyways...
and ronaldinho is a big one..but he overpriced right now....2 yrs he bonkin right now...and all that money pass??? man shouldnt live on name alone
i hope he prove ppls wrong and rip cause he is still a big player but way to inconsistent and d man need to loss that belly!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 17, 2008, 07:53:27 AM »

You completely miss my point there.
What I'm saying is, that discounting a move to a "small" team means that these teams will never get better, the rich get richer, Man City will always hope for a Uefa cup spot.
But maybe Ronaldino going to Hertha Berlin is the difference between fighting up for 6th/7th place and being a Title and C/L contender. Maybe we get to see another side of his game when he is the clear leader and have to carry the team.

Like I said, it's a more compelling move to me. Moving from Barca to Milan is like trading in your Rolls for a Bentley. It would be fun to find out if he could drive a Super Saloon on the North coast road with as much style.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: July 17, 2008, 08:04:05 AM »
bitter i have no problem with that in principle, i'm all for the smaller teams getting a shot at glory..

but in this instance, i not sure Manchester City is the right club for a Ronaldinho to make his first foray into English football.. Knowing the player, the way he plays the gaem, the way he operates, the lifestyle he likes and also the kind of ball Man City play, I could see that easily being a monumental disaster.

You could imagine Ronaldinho struggling up with a side of rigid players playing for a manager who emphasizes hard work above everything else.. And leaving sunny Barcelona to go up in cold, foggy Manchester to boot?

I think the perfect club for him in England that would have ticked all the right boxes was Tottenham. I would have like to see that.

But i hope he rediscovers his best form for AC Milan and gets back to the superstar we know. Time to add some new content to those youtube compilations.  :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 17, 2008, 08:05:51 AM »
bitter i have no problem with that in principle, i'm all for the smaller teams getting a shot at glory..

but in this instance, i not sure Manchester City is the right club for a Ronaldinho to make his first foray into English football.. Knowing the player, the way he plays the gaem, the way he operates, the lifestyle he likes and also the kind of ball Man City play, I could see that easily being a monumental disaster.

You could imagine Ronaldinho struggling up with a side of rigid players playing for a manager who emphasizes hard work above everything else.. And leaving sunny Barcelona to go up in cold, foggy Manchester to boot?

I think the perfect club for him in England that would have ticked all the right boxes was Tottenham. I would have like to see that.

But i hope he rediscovers his best form for AC Milan and gets back to the superstar we know. Time to add some new content to those youtube compilations.  :beermug:

perhaps another factor is that this idea was Thaksin's and not the gaffer's ...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: July 17, 2008, 08:11:27 AM »
Who de ass want to play for Man City?

Forza Milan yes

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 17, 2008, 08:24:20 AM »

Forza Milan yes

Same thing I saying.
Dem going on and on, paragraph after paragraph, analysis after analysis and the simple point remains who d 4k want to play for Man City. Especially if yuh is a 2 time wold player of the year.

In the man 5 season at Barca his goal tally was - 22, 13, 25,23,9 so this free fall and loss of form is assness.
The man set the bar so high for himself that when he jes boil back down to being a regular human being all of a sudden he this, that and the third.

Leh we be realistic a man who score close to a 100 goals for a side like Barca really going and play for Man City. Come nuh man that is not even a viable option.

in other news

Hleb signs for Barcelona

Belarus international midfielder Alexander Hleb signed for Catalan giants Barcelona from English Premiership side Arsenal for 15million euros on Wednesday on a four year contract which will see him team up again with another former Gunner in Thierry Henry.

The move could cost another 2million euros depending on the player's performances whilst should he wish to leave before his contract ends it would cost the club wishing to buy him 90million euros.

"I love this club (Barcelona)" said Hleb, who joined Arsenal from VfB Stuttgart for 11.2million pounds in 2005.

"I spoke with (coach Josep) Guardiola and it was very important for me to learn how much he wanted me.

"I will give my best for this team and I want to win everything with Barca," added Hleb, who scored 10 times in 130 Premiership appearances for Arsenal.

Hleb's departure from Arsenal follows that of fellow midfielder Frenchman Mathieu Flamini, who signed for AC Milan earlier this summer, and is likely to be followed by that of 2002 World Cup winning midfielder Gilberto Silva, who is slated for a move to Greek outfit Panathinaikos.

Arsenal have moved to fill one of those gaps by signing French international Samir Nasri from Marseille.

Barcelona - who have gone two seasons without silverware which led to Frank Rijkaard being sacked and replaced by Guardiola for this season - have sold Portuguese international Deco and on Tuesday two-time world player of the year Ronaldinho.

However, Hleb is their fifth signing of the summer, as he follows Malian Seydou Keita from FC Sevilla and three defenders, Spaniard Gerard Pique from Manchester United, Uruguay's Martin Caceres (Villarreal) and highly-rated Brazilian Daniel Alves also from Sevilla.

Més que un club.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 17, 2008, 08:47:19 AM »

Forza Milan yes

Same thing I saying.
Dem going on and on, paragraph after paragraph, analysis after analysis and the simple point remains who d 4k want to play for Man City. Especially if yuh is a 2 time wold player of the year.

In the man 5 season at Barca his goal tally was - 22, 13, 25,23,9 so this free fall and loss of form is assness.
The man set the bar so high for himself that when he jes boil back down to being a regular human being all of a sudden he this, that and the third.

Leh we be realistic a man who score close to a 100 goals for a side like Barca really going and play for Man City. Come nuh man that is not even a viable option.

Any thoughts then on why say Scolari didn't step into the breach and invite the player to join him @ Chelsea?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 17, 2008, 08:50:30 AM »

Forza Milan yes

Same thing I saying.

Disgruntled... Money talks..

Man City were offering 25 mil pounds (almost 10 mil more than AC), plus they was giving him a 200k pounds per week deal at Man City.

Yuh done know Ronaldinho's brother was liking he 10% cut in that.

Some men would play at Ma Pau FC for that kinda money.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 17, 2008, 09:00:34 AM »
As Disgruntled said, not a 2-time world player of the year.

Well, maybe when he ready to retire.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 17, 2008, 09:15:08 AM »

Disgruntled... Money talks..

Man City were offering 25 mil pounds (almost 10 mil more than AC), plus they was giving him a 200k pounds per week deal at Man City.

Yuh done know Ronaldinho's brother was liking he 10% cut in that.

Some men would play at Ma Pau FC for that kinda money.

Not some men, MOST MEN.

But we eh talking about the run of the mill player here. You self Omar, yuh painting everybody with a broad brush. While I admit most players and managers sole motivation in any decision is money I doubt R10's move to AC was.

Why the hell he will want to play for a side, who, when we get down to it, not going and win anything and owned by a man who is a human rights violator amongst other heinous crimes.

My only problem is, Barca should've bargained for a player. They took a lower asking price and sold AC 2 players.

Where Filho, I would like to hear is opinion in all this.

Més que un club.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #863 on: July 17, 2008, 08:31:41 PM »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 17, 2008, 08:38:28 PM »
Presentation at the San Siro.

boy it will take mih a while to get used to him in a Milan kit

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 18, 2008, 07:45:10 AM »
Presentation at the San Siro.

DAMN is all them people come out just for a presentation........like he will be there saviour ?
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 18, 2008, 08:50:36 AM »
Season ticket sales moving @ a brisk clip so yuh done know. He seems genuinely happy (when isn't he?) to be @ the center of the show ... should wuk wonders for his confidence and as a first installment in rubbing some noses of the Barca brass in de mud.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 18, 2008, 09:31:58 AM »
I wonder what no. is Dinho going to get cuz Seedorf already said he's not giving up the 10. And Nike is pushing Dinho's R10 brand so i would like to see what becomes of this.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 18, 2008, 09:51:29 AM »
sissoko and poulsen go deal wit dat

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: July 18, 2008, 09:57:10 AM »
Sissoko cah even clean Dinho boots
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

1]; } ?>