April 17, 2024, 09:48:20 PM

Author Topic: Dating Black  (Read 2591 times)

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
Dating Black
« on: April 07, 2008, 04:52:14 PM »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dating Black
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 06:46:43 PM »
real food for thought dey pardna...i would like to hear your personal experience on the subject as well :devil:

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 07:16:51 PM »
real food for thought dey pardna...i would like to hear your personal experience on the subject as well :devil:

::) ::)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 07:25:13 PM »
what it say I doh want to up grade real plya ,cause it go want to take over every thing .

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 07:31:44 PM »
Realplayer ok...if you like spyware.

I use realplayer alternative but it can't stream just play the files.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 06:47:51 AM »
we making dougla.

from my experience, dem ol skool indian in the UK real racial and clannish. they even racial against indian from the caribbean. they regard such almost like how west african is call caribbean african descent people "slave" in their language.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 10:28:39 AM »
this thing 1/2 hr long and I was trying to listen while reading a paper.
the thng crash about 23mins in so I can't talk about after that.  one of the last things the dude say b4 it crash though was important - "they (his parents) are more concerned about what the community will think (having their son married to somebody Black, or maybe even different religion or culture)".
for me this kind of sum up what was the scene with the 1st dude.  even though he didn't say it you can tell he was somewhat concerned about that too.  When I add that to my own friendship of my really good parder from India...really really liberal thinker who was frustrated no hell because his parents were going to pick his wife for him (and he knew that there was nothing he could do about it even though they live on the other side of the planet).  I have to say that this is something that is IMPORTANT to a lot of people in teh Indian culture - social status, perception of the community etc.  I dunno, I not from that culture so I could not give a a erason for why it is so important for your family to pick and approve of who you marry in that culture.
In my experience, that is not what is important for me.  For me the 1st question is - what is the main characteristic I want to have in a wife? - someone who I am going to share all my earthly possesions with, someone whose life I am going to be so intertwined with (sharing duties of managing children, housework...I mean my whole life wrapped around), someone who will not only get in the way of me doing what is right, but actually help me and push me far forward.  Someone on the most basic level whose soul mine is merging with.  what is the most important characteristic of this person?

one man might say the most important thing is that that woman has to have the same color skin as me - that is the most important.  One man might say she has to have the exact same height as me.  or the same shoe size.  or that that woman will not be a cause of unhappiness for my family (due to their own personal hang ups or not).

maybe I off topic, cuz the topic is dating Black...cuz then you have a bunch of people who really trying to maximize the sex and minimize the expenditure for sex...but then again that could be the most important thing. :D

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 02:46:36 PM »
I am in a mixed relationship/marriage an living in Germany for the first 8yrs of our relationship was very difficult not because of our difference between each other we get along great, It was the oppinion and statements from the older heads in Germany. Black American Soldiers (even if yuh not American like me you are identified as such) do not have a good reputation and this causes problems.

Although our kids did not know there were times they paid for being mixed(BLACK). We have since moved back to the US and my wife said that she has been frowned upon when seen walking with two black kids or with a black man but it is not something that she lets bother her since opinions are like ..........  every one has one.

Mixed relationships must be strong ones build on true love if it is to survive the test of time.

Men love your wife like Christ loves the church and would lay down his life for her.  Once yuh married tell yuh boys and parents she is now #1 and show her she is.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 10:17:04 AM »
in trinidad its totally diff, coming from a mixed background in tt, i think they could learn alot from people in tt, only now you have the hardline racists in tt, but before it was never so, i hope it goes back to how it was before

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 10:21:36 AM »
we making dougla.

from my experience, dem ol skool indian in the UK real racial and clannish. they even racial against indian from the caribbean. they regard such almost like how west african is call caribbean african descent people "slave" in their language.
Ole school Indians racial against other indians? Dread dem facking indian dem nuh like we atall .. we play cricket here in chicago and from dem fackers hear we accent dem does start dey bullshit .. I cya stand dem fackers!!!!!!!!!!!! I go hit one a dem a bat one a theese days.. I thank god I born in the carribbean boy!!!!!!!!
War...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 10:31:59 AM »

Ole school Indians racial against other indians? Dread dem facking indian dem nuh like we atall

The Ole school has that whole caste system in their head where the shade of skin mattered. Light at the top, dark at the bottom even though they were all Indians. Even today those matching services where parents go to choose their child's spouse, on a computerized database no less, can be sorted by shade of skin.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 10:35:15 AM »
we making dougla.

Ole school Indians racial against other indians? Dread dem facking indian dem nuh like we atall .. we play cricket here in chicago and from dem fackers hear we accent dem does start dey bullshit .. I cya stand dem fackers!!!!!!!!!!!! I go hit one a dem a bat one a theese days.. I thank god I born in the carribbean boy!!!!!!!!
War...

its even taboo in this day and age for east indians to date indo-caribbean men, its more acceptable for their men to date indo-caribbean women but if we dat their women there are problems, ive had many friends who were east indian females say that to me, its rediculous but reality

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 11:21:42 AM »
Overall I find East Indians very wedded to their culture and family, and that includes second generation
indians who otherwise dress speak and act like mainstream N. Americans.
Their close grip on culture seems to definitely influence what they looking for in a relationship that is different from the mainstream that they seem to represent, namely social and educational status, skin colour, a role of a wife in a marriage etc.

Then again mixed race or not yuh rarely see lil half white half indian children running around with no father present.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 04:18:43 PM »
we making dougla.

War...

its even taboo in this day and age for east indians to date indo-caribbean men, its more acceptable for their men to date indo-caribbean women but if we dat their women there are problems, ive had many friends who were east indian females say that to me, its rediculous but reality

Reminds of the time in calypso hut  about 4- 5 years ago when we  were talking to some east indian girls(dont know where they from) and them guys were just watching us hard ......
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>