June 12, 2024, 08:24:56 AM

Author Topic: T&T vs Jamaica Photo and Video Thread  (Read 8621 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Jamaica Photo and Video Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2008, 07:01:29 AM »
Yeah de goal kick call was de final bit of convincing I needed to confirm dat he take some ah JA worthless money to hand de game to dem.... >:(

And SM not seeing replays is not local TV shit is NCC 4 shit....dem does real upset me with dey foolishness...sstteeuuppss...dey carried all our games prior to the actual WC last time around but ah cyar remember not being able to see replays back then....stteeuuppss!!!... >:(

Brownsugar, I always like to see the fairer sex passionate about the beautiful game. You confused me a little bit when you say "goal kick" in reference to the penalty. Goal kicks and penalties are two different things.

Regarding the ofisde call, we shouldnt blame the referee too much, if anything, the linesman is the one that raised the ofside flag...the ref took a good 2 seconds before calling the play back.

On the penalty, Ince made contact with the player while he was on his way to goal...butnot only that, he didnt come away with the ball cleanly. That call would have been give by most referee. Having said that, the standard of refereeing in the smaller islands obviously will not be of a high standard. There are only a few refs in teh caribbean that get to officiate in international games (world cup etc) and you normally find those coming from Jamaica / T&T.

RF yuh sound like yuh lecturing mih and ah eh like it.....I know de difference between goal kicks, corners and penalties.....the incident I'm referring to is not among the video clips above.....a Jamaican player put the ball out for a corner very late in the game and the linesman called for a corner kick but the referee some how, some way against the linesman, the spectators, the comentators and every stray cat and dog in de place ruled for a goal kick...even yuh shitty players didn't protest the linesman's call for a corner....

DO I MAKE MY SELF CLEAR??!!!....    
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2008, 07:08:01 AM »
Yeah de goal kick call was de final bit of convincing I needed to confirm dat he take some ah JA worthless money to hand de game to dem.... >:(

And SM not seeing replays is not local TV shit is NCC 4 shit....dem does real upset me with dey foolishness...sstteeuuppss...dey carried all our games prior to the actual WC last time around but ah cyar remember not being able to see replays back then....stteeuuppss!!!... >:(

Brownsugar, I always like to see the fairer sex passionate about the beautiful game. You confused me a little bit when you say "goal kick" in reference to the penalty. Goal kicks and penalties are two different things.

Regarding the ofisde call, we shouldnt blame the referee too much, if anything, the linesman is the one that raised the ofside flag...the ref took a good 2 seconds before calling the play back.

On the penalty, Ince made contact with the player while he was on his way to goal...butnot only that, he didnt come away with the ball cleanly. That call would have been give by most referee. Having said that, the standard of refereeing in the smaller islands obviously will not be of a high standard. There are only a few refs in teh caribbean that get to officiate in international games (world cup etc) and you normally find those coming from Jamaica / T&T.

RF yuh sound like yuh lecturing mih and ah eh like it.....I know de difference between goal kicks, corners and penalties.....the incident I'm referring to is not among the video clips above.....a Jamaican player put the ball out for a corner very late in the game and the linesman called for a corner kick but the referee some how, some way against the linesman, the spectators, the comentators and every stray cat and dog in de place ruled for a goal kick...even yuh shitty players didn't protest the linesman's call for a corner....

gyul u actually taking on ah Jammie on we forum...all of dem know they does only be on we forum cause they secretly in love with we Warriors...i guess de reggae boyz forum not dat great  :rotfl:

and RF doh comment tuh dis, i doh really care what yuh say

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2008, 07:11:59 AM »
Forget all those "big" calls because I agree with you that he was probably right on the ones highlighted here BUT.....the officiating was terrible even outside of all of that.  He lost control of the game from early...he put players at risk letting things get out of control and it seems like judgement on relatively simple things was way off.  It hard to ignore the nonsense when players are on the floor from a terrible tackle and the ref foolishly decides it is not even a foul.  Both teams have qualifiers coming up and with the rivalry he just lost control.  Is not even that he just let the game be physical...u can play physical and clean but he allowed dirty tackles to go.

DCS, bad officiating is part and parcel of the game these days, sadly. You will no doubt get bad calls in the qualifiers, especially when the stakes are high and you are playing in places such as central America etc infront of 40,000 rabid fans. Dont expect the refreees in those conditions to hand the opposing team any favors. Footbal lis a physical game by the way. I watched Turkey throw some real hard tackles on Portugal yesterday to good effect.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2008, 07:21:23 AM »
i may be wrong but i think brown sugar may be referring to an incident when we had a clear corner  and a goal kick was given that was a few minutes before the pk. the commentator said even a man on the mooon could have seen that that was a corner
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 07:23:28 AM »

OK BrownSugar, I read you loud and clear. Sounds like the refereee was out of his leagues. I bet he might have made one or two such bad calls agaianst the RBZ too. No? Perhaps the most embarassing penalty call I ever see in my life was when one Chilean referee gave the USA a penalty kick for a hand ball incident that took place about 2 feet outside the penalty box some years ago when Jamaica played the USA in Foxboro Mass. that one was a blatant pay-off thing.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 07:27:54 AM »
i may be wrong but i think brown sugar may be referring to an incident when we had a clear corner  and a goal kick was given that was a few minutes before the pk. the commentator said even a man on the mooon could have seen that that was a corner

It loiks to me like the lighting in the Marvin Lee stadium is below par. Could it be that the referee was having trouble seeing the plays? And what role did the linemen play in all thes incidents? Was it a case that the linemen were being over-ruled by the ref? The officials were selected by the TTFF...jamaica had no part to play in that one, so all we can do is just take whatever calls the ref gives us. Believe me, I have seen my side on teh wrong end of some really bad cals over the years.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2008, 08:58:55 AM »
Referee theef Carter dread. Like he dont know the FIFA rules, Scotland did not touch the ball

I concur!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 09:41:01 AM »
So we were really robbed by the Bajan Ref coz that goal by Carter should have been allowed coz Jason never touched de ball.Anyhow the ref and de assistants were rubbish all match and in the end handed Jamaica ah penalty.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2008, 11:13:02 AM »
Trinidad technology is really behind. I mean look how dark that video is. Look like u got an antenna on ur tv boss.

This morning my pastor reinforced a virtue that we sometimes forget to practice with her sermon "Lord We Thank You" so is in that vein I say thanks for the clips, because a a "dark" video is this case is better than no video.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2008, 11:17:59 AM »

OK BrownSugar, I read you loud and clear. Sounds like the refereee was out of his leagues. I bet he might have made one or two such bad calls agaianst the RBZ too. No? Perhaps the most embarassing penalty call I ever see in my life was when one Chilean referee gave the USA a penalty kick for a hand ball incident that took place about 2 feet outside the penalty box some years ago when Jamaica played the USA in Foxboro Mass. that one was a blatant pay-off thing.

HAAAAAAWK   TOOOOOOO ...STRAIGHT IN YUH JAKAN FACE
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2008, 11:53:37 AM »
Referee theef Carter dread. Like he dont know the FIFA rules, Scotland did not touch the ball

I concur!

Apparently it is us that don't know the rules. You don't have to touch the ball to be called offside. As long as you are involved in active play you become offside if you started in an offside position.
Remember Chelsea, Essien I believed it was shot at goal and Drogba was in front the goal offside called.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2008, 12:05:18 PM »
Thanks Small Mag.

Ok I just watched the video and I have to say that Elan is right.

You can clearly see Scotland initially going for the ball and then backing out at the last moment.

This means he has involved himself in the play even if he didn't actually touch the ball and is therefore offside.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2008, 12:37:13 AM »

T&T midfielder Khaleem Hyland, left, is challenged for the ball by Jamaica defender Rudolph Austin during yesterday’s friendly match at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Macoya. Hyland scored in the 29th minute. The match ended 1-1. Photo: Anthony Harris

ON THE GO: Trinidad and Tobago and Swansea FC striker Jason Scotland heads for goal with Jamaican Jermaine Taylor, left, in close attendance during Saturday's friendly international at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Macoya. The Caribbean rivals played to a 1-1 draw as they prepare for upcoming 2010 World Cup qualifiers. -Photo: DEXTER PHILIP

SPEED DUEL: Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Carlos Edwards, left, attempts to power past Jamaica captain Ricardo Gardner during the friendly international at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Macoya Saturday night. A penalty in the dying stages of the game gave Jamaica a 1-1 draw with the T&T Soca Warriors. -Photo: DEXTER PHILIP

CONCACAF president and FIFA vice-president Austin 'Jack' Warner (right), in discussion with (from left) technical director Rene Simoes, JFF boss Captain Horace Burrell and JFF general secretary Horace Reid at the Piarco International Airport, Trinidad, yesterday. Warner was off to Nigeria for FIFA duties, while the other three were bound for Grenada where the Reggae Boyz will play a friendly international against that country's team tomorrow. (Photo: Sean Williams)

CLOSED DOWN: Jamaican players Rudolph Austin, centre, and Jermaine Taylor get the ball away from Trinidad and Tobago's Kevin Cornell, left, during yesterday's friendly international at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya. The game ended in a 1-1 draw. -Photo: DEXTER PHILLIP

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 12:52:01 AM by E-man »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2008, 06:02:06 AM »

It loiks to me like the lighting in the Marvin Lee stadium is below par.

I know, Jamaican have de best stadiums in the world. They also have the best team in the world.... de best coach, de best youth team, de best schools, de best roads... etc etc...... ::)
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2008, 06:53:13 AM »

I know, Jamaican have de best stadiums in the world. They also have the best team in the world.... de best coach, de best youth team, de best schools, de best roads... etc etc...... ::)

Right. And the lighting in the Marvin Lee stadium still look a little bit suspect to me...and I didnt mean that as a criticism...just making a general observation.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2008, 06:59:37 AM »
And the lighting in the Marvin Lee stadium still look a little bit suspect to me...and I didnt mean that as a criticism...just making a general observation.
and you know this HOW again?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2008, 07:00:58 AM »

Right. And the lighting in the Marvin Lee stadium still look a little bit suspect to me...and I didnt mean that as a criticism...just making a general observation.

For a man who wasn't there in person you surely have more excuse than a Jamaican, oops, you are one....  ::)  ........maybe the camara man needed a better flash or a better night video camara...... but no, Jamaica have de best lights.... and de best curry goat and de best beer, shit, makes me wonder why they even leave Jamaica and go aboard and live in every country you could think about, from Alaska to China like Cock-Roach in NY..... just now we will have more Jamaicans in NY thant cock roach....

Tell me something, what color is your hair.. ? I could make a guess you wife probably have green hair, big gold ear rings, a gold tooth, a knife and a nose ring.... and she does wine anyway she hear reggae music... ? cha man...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2008, 07:27:19 AM »
Sam, you come out like Stern today.....top scorer ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2008, 08:45:58 AM »
De man watchin channel 4 crappy highlights and really feel de stadium so dark.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2008, 09:08:40 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

seriously i doh if how it looking so because it look clean on my tv
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2008, 09:10:46 AM »

seriously i doh if how it looking so because it look clean on my tv

maybe because the man was just doing us a favor and taped it off the tv using his camera with low brightness?

duh..

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2008, 09:25:34 AM »

For a man who wasn't there in person you surely have more excuse than a Jamaican, oops, you are one....  ::)  ........maybe the camara man needed a better flash or a better night video camara...... but no, Jamaica have de best lights.... and de best curry goat and de best beer, shit, makes me wonder why they even leave Jamaica and go aboard and live in every country you could think about, from Alaska to China like Cock-Roach in NY..... just now we will have more Jamaicans in NY thant cock roach....

Tell me something, what color is your hair.. ? I could make a guess you wife probably have green hair, big gold ear rings, a gold tooth, a knife and a nose ring.... and she does wine anyway she hear reggae music... ? cha man...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2008, 12:29:10 PM »

CLOSED DOWN: Jamaican players Rudolph Austin, centre, and Jermaine Taylor get the ball away from Trinidad and Tobago's Kevin Cornell, left, during yesterday's friendly international at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya. The game ended in a 1-1 draw. -Photo: DEXTER PHILLIP

Who de ass is Kevin Cornell??  The sorry state of Journalism in TnT is once more made manifest.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2008, 12:45:44 PM »

Who de ass is Kevin Cornell??  The sorry state of Journalism in TnT is once more made manifest.

Dat is Kevin Cornell Glen  :rotfl:
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2008, 01:24:53 PM »

Wasnt there in person boss, but I saw the highlights (no pun intended) of the penalty kick. Of course, it could very well that the broadcast was of poor quality too, but the picture did look dark. agaian, this is not a criticism/excuse, just a general observation. 

And stick to football boss, coack-roaches and gold teeth have no place in this thread!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 01:27:35 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2008, 02:57:31 PM »
bad offside call by the linesman.  >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>